A scoop a day keeps muscle soreness away with BCAA+SAA

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

1. Looks legit! Im going to give it a try
    Life's a garden, dig it

2. Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    Looks legit! Im going to give it a try
    Do it bro....Kai Green does them, and Toney Freeman also....
    OLYMPUS UK REP
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    A couple guys there that really know what their doing!!
    Life's a garden, dig it

4. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    you will look like them in no time
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

5. I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED!
    where did my DOMS go? lol. seriously though, I absolutely destroyed my posterior chain yesterday. I could hardly walk out of the gym and today there is absolutely no soreness. my recovery is off the charts.
    today I broke through my OHP plateau, I have a constant battle with OHP and I completely suck at it, but today I progress and got 105 5x5(pathetic I know)
    most all of my other lifts improved as well this workout. it seems as though I have more endurance during sets, as I can push out an extra rep on higher repetition sets.
    everything is great so far, I might have to make this a staple in my stack
    •   

6. im getting down to the last few scoops of this apple deliciousness. today i woke up with some DOMS in my upper body (bi's, pecs, and back)
    I knew for a fact I was going to have soreness in my biceps from incline DB curls, with a real stretch on the negative part of the rep and I figured my back would be sore too from pull-ups. when I was doing them I really contracted my lats and felt the muscle contract hard.
    today is my rest day so I ran and did calves. nothing crazy, just took it easy for squats tomorrow. ready to PR!

7. Kill it tomorrow my man, I see a PR in your future
    Life's a garden, dig it

8. Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    Kill it tomorrow my man, I see a PR in your future
    thanks man! just hoping my hip aren't sore tomorrow from todays run. they are right now

9. im really glad I foam rolled yesterday, I feel as it really helped the soreness in my hips from running. they were still a little sore today but nothing drastic. I just made sure I did a lot of warm up sets to "grease them up" haha

squats went awesome today. I hit my goal weight. recovery is still up and DOMS is down!
    squat(ATG) 220 5x5
    RDL 215 4x8
    leg press 4x9
    leg curl 3x8 (last set drop set)
    leg extension 3x8 (last set drop set)
    my legs were on fire after my workout, walking around like I got something up my butt. lol. im curious to see if I have DOMS tomorrow

10. Good job hitting those goal weights bud. Looking good in here. Keep it up man.
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

11. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Good job hitting those goal weights bud. Looking good in here. Keep it up man.
    thanks! im hoping to PR on bench tomorrow, I stalled last time and it really pissed me off

12. just wanted to first say that I have some pretty bad DOMS in my legs, traps, and lower back from legs yesterday. this is surprising to me since my DOMS has been greatly decreased since I've been on this.
    today was upper body day and I decided to try something different. I have seen the Doggcrap routine in the past and wanted to try it, but never have. so today I said "screw it" and i went for it. I don't know how i feel about it. it seems way to low in volume, so i added in a few more exercises but I still am unsure with the program. I will have to do some more research on it before I commit. this is what i did(about 15sec between rest pause sets)
    bench- 145lbx10 with 3 rest pause sets
    OHP- 75lbx10 with 3 rest pause sets
    dips- bw+20lb x10 with 3 rest pause sets with bodyweight
    lat pulldown- 125lbx10 with 3 rest pause
    bent over row- 135lbx6 115lb 2x8
    that is how the program has day one et up as but as i said i didn't feel it was enough volume. it only took about 20mins, so i added:
    pullover- 65lb 3x8
    lateral raises- 25lb 3x8 (with a triple dropset)
    preacher curl- 65lbx9 with 3 rest pause sets
    hammer curls- 30lb 2x8 (with a triple dropset)

13. ahhh the young lad finds himself the DC protocol
    that one been around for awhile, was pretty popular back in the late 90s and hit it's zenith in the early part of this century
    not a bad program, fun to play with for awhile, but - it is meant to be utilized as it is written, low-volume approach with hi-intense effort...that is kind of what makes the program work; you start adding things and doing more, you reduce the effectiveness of the training parameters

say the word along with me: "overtraining"

14. Never heard of that program will look into it
    Life's a garden, dig it

15. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ahhh the young lad finds himself the DC protocol
    that one been around for awhile, was pretty popular back in the late 90s and hit it's zenith in the early part of this century
    not a bad program, fun to play with for awhile, but - it is meant to be utilized as it is written, low-volume approach with hi-intense effort...that is kind of what makes the program work; you start adding things and doing more, you reduce the effectiveness of the training parameters

say the word along with me: "overtraining"
    like said I saw the program 2-3 years ago but never tried it out. its only 1 set per muscle group though. that just seems ridiculously low on volume

16. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    its only 1 set per muscle group though. that just seems ridiculously low on volume
    you ignore the other parameters of intensity, and going all out
    if you are performing the set with the effort you are meant to, it will provide results

you also miss the other point of the program: that you can hit that bodypart more frequently than if you are using hi-volume approach, ie so need more rest (down-time) to recover

very common for guys - younger guys especially - to think they have to do set after set, stay in gym for hours, to accomplish growth

17. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    you ignore the other parameters of intensity, and going all out
    if you are performing the set with the effort you are meant to, it will provide results

you also miss the other point of the program: that you can hit that bodypart more frequently than if you are using hi-volume approach, ie so need more rest (down-time) to recover

very common for guys - younger guys especially - to think they have to do set after set, stay in gym for hours, to accomplish growth
    ya I know, I need to get over that mentality. I have the same upper/lower split now and do 20+ sets. this routine is upper/lower and is around 10

18. Quality.....not quantity
    OLYMPUS UK REP

19. well boys today I had deadlifts, and my session went awesome. I PR'd on deadlifts and when I was doing legpress afterward the weight just felt light.

deadlift 5x5 260lbs
    legpress 4x8
    back hypers 4x8 ( used bands)
    leg extensions 3x8
    leg curl 3x8
    endurance still seems to be improved, seems like I an go forever

my knee has been bothering me. its weird It kills when I am walking or just standing, I cant hardly put weight on it. but I can deadlift and squat with no pain at all, its weird.

20. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    well boys today I had deadlifts, and my session went awesome. I PR'd on deadlifts and when I was doing legpress afterward the weight just felt light.

deadlift 5x5 260lbs
    legpress 4x8
    back hypers 4x8 ( used bands)
    leg extensions 3x8
    leg curl 3x8
    endurance still seems to be improved, seems like I an go forever

my knee has been bothering me. its weird It kills when I am walking or just standing, I cant hardly put weight on it. but I can deadlift and squat with no pain at all, its weird.
    Do you foam roll? I would start if you don't already, your IT band is probably tight which is probably why your knee hurts.

21. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Do you foam roll? I would start if you don't already, your IT band is probably tight which is probably why your knee hurts.
    I do foam roll and no I have bad knees from basic training. ever since then they are always inflamed

22. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    I do foam roll and no I have bad knees from basic training. ever since then they are always inflamed
    That's what happened to mine as well, and continued until I started loosening my IT band. But, if it doesn't help you then it doesn't help you.

23. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    That's what happened to mine as well, and continued until I started loosening my IT band. But, if it doesn't help you then it doesn't help you.
    what you mean my IT band

24. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    what you mean my IT band

Name:  ITB.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  26.7 KB

25. ahhh, so your saying you roller out you IT band and your knee pain went away?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Finaflex keeps Mkretz in growth mode with BCAA+SAA!!
    By mkretz in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 11:16 PM
  2. A Veggie A Day Keeps Doc Away
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 11:19 PM
  3. delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
    By Jim Mills in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 02:02 PM
  4. LR3 IGF-1 and muscle soreness?