A scoop a day keeps muscle soreness away with BCAA+SAA

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

  1. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    its only 1 set per muscle group though. that just seems ridiculously low on volume
    you ignore the other parameters of intensity, and going all out
    if you are performing the set with the effort you are meant to, it will provide results

    you also miss the other point of the program: that you can hit that bodypart more frequently than if you are using hi-volume approach, ie so need more rest (down-time) to recover

    very common for guys - younger guys especially - to think they have to do set after set, stay in gym for hours, to accomplish growth


  2. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    you ignore the other parameters of intensity, and going all out
    if you are performing the set with the effort you are meant to, it will provide results

    you also miss the other point of the program: that you can hit that bodypart more frequently than if you are using hi-volume approach, ie so need more rest (down-time) to recover

    very common for guys - younger guys especially - to think they have to do set after set, stay in gym for hours, to accomplish growth
    ya I know, I need to get over that mentality. I have the same upper/lower split now and do 20+ sets. this routine is upper/lower and is around 10
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site
    •   
       


  3. Quality.....not quantity
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  4. well boys today I had deadlifts, and my session went awesome. I PR'd on deadlifts and when I was doing legpress afterward the weight just felt light.

    deadlift 5x5 260lbs
    legpress 4x8
    back hypers 4x8 ( used bands)
    leg extensions 3x8
    leg curl 3x8
    endurance still seems to be improved, seems like I an go forever

    my knee has been bothering me. its weird It kills when I am walking or just standing, I cant hardly put weight on it. but I can deadlift and squat with no pain at all, its weird.
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  5. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    well boys today I had deadlifts, and my session went awesome. I PR'd on deadlifts and when I was doing legpress afterward the weight just felt light.

    deadlift 5x5 260lbs
    legpress 4x8
    back hypers 4x8 ( used bands)
    leg extensions 3x8
    leg curl 3x8
    endurance still seems to be improved, seems like I an go forever

    my knee has been bothering me. its weird It kills when I am walking or just standing, I cant hardly put weight on it. but I can deadlift and squat with no pain at all, its weird.
    Do you foam roll? I would start if you don't already, your IT band is probably tight which is probably why your knee hurts.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Do you foam roll? I would start if you don't already, your IT band is probably tight which is probably why your knee hurts.
    I do foam roll and no I have bad knees from basic training. ever since then they are always inflamed
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  7. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    I do foam roll and no I have bad knees from basic training. ever since then they are always inflamed
    That's what happened to mine as well, and continued until I started loosening my IT band. But, if it doesn't help you then it doesn't help you.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    That's what happened to mine as well, and continued until I started loosening my IT band. But, if it doesn't help you then it doesn't help you.
    what you mean my IT band
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  9. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    what you mean my IT band


    Name:  ITB.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  26.7 KB

  10. ahhh, so your saying you roller out you IT band and your knee pain went away?
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  11. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    ahhh, so your saying you roller out you IT band and your knee pain went away?
    As long as I did it consistently, when I would slack off and quit doing it the pain always came back.

    Put a lot of effort into rolling the IT band and the vastus medialis/lateralis and I would be surprised if it doesn't help.



    Name:  vastus-medialis-1.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  31.5 KB

  12. I always roll out my hamstrings and quads but never did much on my IT band, a little bit but not much. tanks for the heads up man, im reading up on it now!
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  13. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    I always roll out my hamstrings and quads but never did much on my IT band, a little bit but not much. tanks for the heads up man, im reading up on it now!
    I don't roll my quads or hammies as often anymore, but I roll the IT band almost everyday.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I don't roll my quads or hammies as often anymore, but I roll the IT band almost everyday.
    I will star doing it. hopefully it helps because the pain is ridiculous. I an even walk or stand comfortably
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  15. Jim is dead on. Roll dat thang.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Jim is dead on. Roll dat thang.
    I actually got to looking around and im pretty sure i have this
    http://www.drugs.com/health-guide/chondromalacia.html
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  17. I rolled out my IT band today and idk if its just placebo but it seems as my knee is feeling better just from that one time. im definitely going to be doing it everyday now, and see if my knees improve.
    so I decided to continue with the DoggCrapp style routine and im liking it, my tris, back, and shoulders are dead right now. this is what I did
    bench- 155x8 (20 sec rest.) 155x5 (20sec rest) 155x4
    OHP- 85x8 (20sec rest) 85x5 (20sec rest) 85x3
    Dips- BW+20Lbx8 (20sec rest) BWx6 (20 sec rest) BWx5
    pulldown- 120x10 (20sec rest) 120x7(20sec rest) 120x5
    Row- 135x6 135x6 115x8
    pullover- 65Lb 3x8
    lateral raise- 25Lb 3x10
    preacher curl- curl bar with 25's on each side x10 (20sec rest) x6(20sec rest) x3
    hammer curl- 30lb 2x8
    what you think of this routine? I like it but I am open to any criticism.
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  18. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    I rolled out my IT band today and idk if its just placebo but it seems as my knee is feeling better just from that one time. im definitely going to be doing it everyday now, and see if my knees improve.
    so I decided to continue with the DoggCrapp style routine and im liking it, my tris, back, and shoulders are dead right now. this is what I did
    bench- 155x8 (20 sec rest.) 155x5 (20sec rest) 155x4
    OHP- 85x8 (20sec rest) 85x5 (20sec rest) 85x3
    Dips- BW+20Lbx8 (20sec rest) BWx6 (20 sec rest) BWx5
    pulldown- 120x10 (20sec rest) 120x7(20sec rest) 120x5
    Row- 135x6 135x6 115x8
    pullover- 65Lb 3x8
    lateral raise- 25Lb 3x10
    preacher curl- curl bar with 25's on each side x10 (20sec rest) x6(20sec rest) x3
    hammer curl- 30lb 2x8
    what you think of this routine? I like it but I am open to any criticism.
    From my understanding the accessory work isn't needed. You rotate three exercises per body part over the week and go past failure so to say. Then the key is rest because of the intended intensity of the workout.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    From my understanding the accessory work isn't needed. You rotate three exercises per body part over the week and go past failure so to say. Then the key is rest because of the intended intensity of the workout.
    ya I know but I just feel like I haven't done anything if I don't throw some in. it only takes like 25min without it
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  20. well guys, all good things have to come to an end. today was my last serving of this apple goodness. I would like to say thanks again to finaflex and their awesome reps to allow me to log this product for them. here is my final review and workout of the day.

    taste- 9/10 easily one of the best tasting BCAA products I have ever had. very sweet/sour apple flavor. very refreshing.

    mixability- 8/10 for a BCAA product this mixed extremely well. most BCAA's have a lot of "floaters" but this did not, if you let it sit some would collect on the bottom but that is no big deal for me. I always mixed it with about 18oz of water. and shook it 5-10 times and it was good to go.

    endurance- 6/10 I don't know if I felt MUCH of a difference with the endurance but if anything it did give a placebo affect and made me "feel" like I could go longer.

    recovery- 8/10 this was pretty noticeable in my opinion. my DOMS was greatly reduced following workouts where I absolutely killed it. I would crawl out of the gym and the next morning be perfectly fine, where as before this I would be super sore.


    overall 8/10 I really enjoyed this product. it has great taste, price is reasonable and I felt like it improved my recovery. my weights on my lifts all increased and I would love to continue using this product.


    I destroyed my legs today. I PR'd in squats (easily) it felt like I should of upped the weight 10lbs instead of 5lbs. my DOMS is still almost non existent.
    I am still rolling out my IT band, it is excruciatingly painful when I do it but my knee feels ALOT better since I have started. here is what today looked like:

    squat (ATG) 225 5x5
    RDL- 225 4x6
    leg press (all the way down, just the weights, not the sled weight) 340 4x6
    leg curl- 3x8
    leg ext-3x8
    legs are so tired right now, I cant believe how easy those squats felt.
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  21. Thanks for your honest opinion and great log!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Glad you enjoyed our product



    Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    well guys, all good things have to come to an end. today was my last serving of this apple goodness. I would like to say thanks again to finaflex and their awesome reps to allow me to log this product for them. here is my final review and workout of the day.

    taste- 9/10 easily one of the best tasting BCAA products I have ever had. very sweet/sour apple flavor. very refreshing.

    mixability- 8/10 for a BCAA product this mixed extremely well. most BCAA's have a lot of "floaters" but this did not, if you let it sit some would collect on the bottom but that is no big deal for me. I always mixed it with about 18oz of water. and shook it 5-10 times and it was good to go.

    endurance- 6/10 I don't know if I felt MUCH of a difference with the endurance but if anything it did give a placebo affect and made me "feel" like I could go longer.

    recovery- 8/10 this was pretty noticeable in my opinion. my DOMS was greatly reduced following workouts where I absolutely killed it. I would crawl out of the gym and the next morning be perfectly fine, where as before this I would be super sore.


    overall 8/10 I really enjoyed this product. it has great taste, price is reasonable and I felt like it improved my recovery. my weights on my lifts all increased and I would love to continue using this product.


    I destroyed my legs today. I PR'd in squats (easily) it felt like I should of upped the weight 10lbs instead of 5lbs. my DOMS is still almost non existent.
    I am still rolling out my IT band, it is excruciatingly painful when I do it but my knee feels ALOT better since I have started. here is what today looked like:

    squat (ATG) 225 5x5
    RDL- 225 4x6
    leg press (all the way down, just the weights, not the sled weight) 340 4x6
    leg curl- 3x8
    leg ext-3x8
    legs are so tired right now, I cant believe how easy those squats felt.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  22. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Thanks for your honest opinion and great log!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Glad you enjoyed our product
    it will be greatly missed
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  23. Awesome log and review man. Glad you enjoyed it and we appreciate the great log.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Awesome log and review man. Glad you enjoyed it and we appreciate the great log.
    not a problem. I hope you keep me in mind for future logs
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  25. Nice log and review man!

    On the DC, do it the way it is written. You say you are open to suggestions, but everyone keeps suggesting is to follow it as written. However you keep disregarding that. Honestly man give the program the benefit of the doubt that it works and a chance for it to work as written before tweaking it/ Otherwise you will A: never know how well it truly works for your, or B: will never know if your tweaks improved or took away from your results.

    If you are finishing 2-3 warm up sets and a work set with 2-4 minutes rest in 25 minutes then you are not timing your rest periods out correctly. Each exercise & DC stretch should take a block out about 12-15 minutes for that body part before starting the next exercise. If you are doing that workout in 25 minutes you are going too quickly, there by limiting the amount of resistance you can use on each exercise. DC is a power building type program. Maximum weight for the repetitions is the goal, this means you allow for ample rest periods like you do in a power lifting program, none of this 60-90 seconds stuff you do with a volume program.

    So you figure on a typical DC split

    Chest - 12-15 minutes
    Back Width - 12-15 minutes
    Shoulders - 12-15 minutes or 9-12 minutes with one less warm up set
    Back Thickness - 12-15 minutes or 9-12 minutes with one less warm up
    Triceps - 12-15 minutes or 9-12 minutes with one less warm up set

    So now we are looking at a program that requires a lot more than 25 minutes. Think longer rest periods and more strength / resistance used on your work set and drop sets. Longer rest should allow for a bit more weight to be used. DOn't forget about the DC stretch at the end of each exercise the set up and then one minute stretch takes a little time too. So if you slow it down and use more resistance you will get more out of it and really enjoy pushing your weights and muscle mass to new highs.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  26. thanks a lot for the response^ ya I am going to follow it how it is. I am liking it so far. have you ran it? how did you like it?
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  27. Oh yeah, I have run it with great success. I have done both the younger mans version and the over 35 version. Both are extremely effective. Really just a difference in the target rep ranges. The program definitely works and if you have been used to high volume then this will be a big change to you and your body will respond very well to the new type of intensity and stimulus.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  28. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Oh yeah, I have run it with great success. I have done both the younger mans version and the over 35 version. Both are extremely effective. Really just a difference in the target rep ranges. The program definitely works and if you have been used to high volume then this will be a big change to you and your body will respond very well to the new type of intensity and stimulus.
    never heard of 2 different version. whats the rep range difference.
    ya like I said I am sticking with it. I like it so far. and yes I was doing pretty high volume so its a nice change
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  29. I did DC for a little while and i really enjoyed it. Definitely was a big change!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  30. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I did DC for a little while and i really enjoyed it. Definitely was a big change!
    how long did you do it? what results did you get?
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Finaflex keeps Mkretz in growth mode with BCAA+SAA!!
    By mkretz in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 11:16 PM
  2. A Veggie A Day Keeps Doc Away
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 11:19 PM
  3. delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
    By Jim Mills in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 02:02 PM
  4. LR3 IGF-1 and muscle soreness?
    By javman in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 01:11 PM
  5. Keeping muscle while away from the gym
    By SummusMentis in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Log in
Log in