purebred's SX3 Log (sponsored)

1. purebred

purebred's SX3 Log (sponsored)

Name:  CAM00379 (1).jpg
Views: 50
Size:  74.1 KB

It has been a few days since I received SX3 in the mail! Not going to lie: pretty freakin' excited when I first saw the tub because I was expecting a much bigger container. Then I opened it up and realized the serving size is very little but it gets a lot of work done! I like the packaging. It's sleek, professional--nothing glittery or glamorous-- but it's still appealing to the consumer eye.

I don't like talking too much about myself (I find it rude ), but seeing as how I don't have many choices having signed up to log a product, a promise is a promise. Let's get the ball rolling lol

25 y/o male
    6'1"
    172 lbs

Supplements
    • Piracetam (approx. 2800-3000mg)
    • Choline Citrate (approx. 4.5g)
    • Sulbutiamine (approx. 300-400mg)
    • Multi
    • Extra vitamin C (sustained release)
    • Nordic Naturals fish oil (4-5 soft gels typically at night).
    • [CON-CRET] Creatine HCl (750mg non-lifting days/1500mg lifting days)
    • L-Carnitine 2g

Last, but not least, Lecheek Nutrition
    Speed X3 (SX3)

I'm looking to try pramiracetam once I finish my pira tub. I am not as disciplined as I would like to be, but I do my very best to take my nootropics with SX3 as I do notice a synergistic effect between the nutritional profiles. I am also c
    onsidering getting some PS and maybe even Lion's Mane next time I stop by the Vitamin Shoppe. I am currently working out 3-4x/weekly. No weights atm (except an adjustable weighted vest). Mainly push-ups, pull-ups, leg work (reverse lunges, bulgarian split squats, etc.) and some core work. Started off at 139lbs or so and am currently @ 172lbs. My goal is 180 lbs I will post a sample of my workout routine.

With regards to SX3, here are my initial results and the data/thoughts I have collected thus far: This apple flavoring is ridiculous. I don't even mix it in water: I just dump a scoop down the hatch and chase it with a few oz of water. SO good. I am a fan of bad news first though so without further procrastination, I will just get it out of the way and say I am not a fan of artificial sweeteners or flavoring. I have tasted too many naturally flavored and sweetened supplements to know that it is actually impossible to not be able to come up with a palatable flavoring system that is free of synthetic dyes and chemicals. It is what it is. Until the consumer demands it as a requirement with all products, no change will come. And my rant is over.

Some of the ingredients I saw on the label left me with my "WTF" face on (e.g. Pikatropin) and some of them I am more than familiar with (e.g. Yohimbe Extract, Synephrine and a few others like BA and Agmatine plus DAA, thanks to SNS ).

I have read good reviews on the ingredients I hadn't dealt with before so that produced a nice, warm feeling inside (that's what she said).

Here's a sample of what my workouts/training tend to look like. Some cardio, endurance/strength training, calisthenics, etc.

1/22

1 mile
    9:58

1/23
    Push-up Pyramid
    1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1

1 mile run
    9:36

1/29
    Chin-up Pyramid
    1/2/3/4/4/3/2/1

1 mile run
    9:20

1/31
    Push-up Pyramid
    1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1
    8:58

4/11
    A1) Pull-ups
    4x4
    A2) Lunges
    4x8

4/14
    A1) 1-leg Feet Elevated Push-ups
    10/10/11
    A2) Lunges
    3x8

4/15
    Push-ups (no warmup)
    3x15

4/16

A1) Lunges
    4x6
    A2) Chinups
    3/4/4/4/6

4/19
    A1) Lunges
    3x6
    A2) Feet Elevated Push-ups
    3x10

Chin-ups w/leg raise (at top of movement)
    4x4

4/22
    A1) Reverse Lunges
    3x8
    A2) Feet Elevated Push-ups
    11/11/12

Chin-ups w/leg raise (at top of movement)

1x4

B1) Chin-ups (standard)
    5/5/6
    B2) Planks
    3x40s

4/24
    A1) Lunges + 10
    3x6
    A2) Feet Elevated Push-ups +10
    8/9/10

B1) Chin-ups
    5/6/6
    B2) Planks
    3x40s

4/26
    A1) Reverse Lunges +10
    3x6
    A2) Push-ups (standard) +10
    3x10

B1) Chin-ups
    6/6/6/7/4
    B2) Planks
    3x40s

4/30
    Reverse Lunges +10
    6/8/8
    Bulgarian Split Squats +10
    1x6

Push-ups +10
    3x12

Chin-up Pyramid
    (1 min rest)

5/1/2/3/4/5/4/3/2/1

Plank

1x40s

5/1
    Push-up Pyramid
    1/2/3/4/5/6/6/5/4*
    *Workout interrupted

I use an adjustable weighted vest for certain exercises. Sometimes I'll drop the vest altogether and focus more on the speed/tempo with which I execute the movements. For example, I may focus on the eccentric portion of the my chin-ups.

Initial Review

The first time I tried SX3, I decided to play it safe and take about 1/2 scoop. I'm glad I did my research and read reviews prior to my first dose. I was extra exhausted that day and I ended up taking a shot of Cuban coffee at my barber shop since I was practically falling asleep on the chair while getting my hair cut lol. Good thing I only took 1/2 scoop of SX3. I have gone up to a little less than 1 scoop at this point (approx. 90 mins after pre-workout meal). I usually do my best to wait >90 min. but <120 min. as I have found this is my sweet spot to dose pre-workouts. I will say I tried SX3 a few times without any additional products (aside from creatine) and I loved the pump that combination created. I was able to workout harder, longer and still wake up the next day without any soreness whatsoever. Typically when I do high volume w/high rep training, I wake up the next day a bit sore. Not a damn thing since I started CON-CRET. Now I have the whole package with my training stack: performance and recovery. Not to mention I recently came across a bottle I had in the back of my fridge of L-Carnitine (2g/ED). The day I incorporated that into my regimen, I noticed a tremendous difference in energy levels--I was even perspiring more than usual. If you briefly review my most recent workouts, I have been progressing quite nicely: increasing reps, sets and overall volume + intensity.

I also notice a highly desirable effect when combining my nootropics with SX3. I will be reporting more as the days progress. All I have to say right now: THANK YOU Lecheek!

2. purebred

5/3
    Pushup Pyramid

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/9/10/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/3/2

Reverse Lunges +10
    10/10/10

Definitely gaining a better insight as to how my body reacts to SX3. I finished my pre-workout meal @ 5pm and started my warm-up at around 7pm after dosing SX3 (1 level scoop).

HOLY SCHIZA

I might need to avoid taking SX3 @ the 120 min. mark. I know I'm stim-sensitive but I wasn't aware what exactly SX3's potency consisted of. However, I have been dosing SX3 @ about 1/2-3/4 scoop a bit after 90 minutes. I had never waited two hours after my pre-workout meal to dose SX3. I suppose there is a first for everything. I actually feel good with 3/4 scoop a bit after 90 min. so I will continue experimenting at that dosage; Maybe I will play with the dosing schedule a bit in order to find my sweet spot.

3. purebred

5/6
    Chin-up Pyramid
    1/2/3/4/5/5/4/3/2/1
    1 mile run (3 min rest @ 1/2 mile mark)
    Total time: (approx.) 15:20

Plank

1x20 secs

As previously mentioned, I stated I would be playing around with the dosage timing and amounts in search of a sweet spot. I took a little less than 1 level scoop yesterday at around 6:20pm (approx. 1.5 hrs after pre-workout meal) as I was commencing my warm-up*. Within 10 minutes I began to feel my heart beat elevated, increased vascularity, etc. Although the effect was not as intense as last time, when I dosed 1 level scoop @ 2 hrs after my pre-workout meal, I still think I will dial down the dose to about 3/4 scoops and continue pairing it with L-Carnitine. I liked the focus and the intensity of yesterday's training session but I felt I was a bit overstimulated for my run.

*My warm-up session consists mainly of myofascial release with The Stick and a lacrosse ball. I do my upper + lower legs, arms, and some parts of my upper body that tend to be pretty knotted and tight (e.g. my trap/neck area). I move on to some mobility drills which include Yoga Push-ups, Squat Stretches, and a few other movements to get the joints lubricated and the muscles stretched out.
    •   

4. purebred

5/10
    Pushup Pyramid
    2/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/10/10/9/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/3

Planks
    3x30s (1 min rest)

5/13
    Plank
    1x20s

Chinup Pyramid
    1/2/3/4/5/5/4/4/3/3/2/2/3/2/3

Finisher Set
    Push-ups
    1x20
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks for the link
  6. purebred

5/15

A1) KB OH Squats*
    4x5
    A2) Planks
    4x30s

Chin-ups
    3/3/4/5/5/5/5/5/5

Finisher Set
    Push-ups
    1x10

5/17

A1) OH KB Squats
    4x5
    A2) Planks
    4x30s
    B1) Weighted Push-ups (+20)**
    4x8
    B2) KB Swings***
    8/9/9/10

5/20

A1) KB Goblet Squats
    8/6/6/6
    A2) Planks
    4x40s****
    B1) Chin-ups*****
    4x6
    B2) KB Swings
    4x8

* First time ever trying these: whoa. The amount of core strength necessary to perform this movement is understated. They definitely made it seem much easier in the CrossFit exercise video tutorial. I have been working on my lower body mobility much more now as I realized I was having a hard time gaining the desired depth when performing this movement. The following mobility exercises have helped me immensely:

• Wall Ankle Mobs
    • Walking Spiderman w/ Hip Lift + Overhead Reach
    • Supine Bridges w/Reach
    • Yoga Push-ups
    • Squat Stretches

The Stick and the lacrosse ball have helped me a lot considering I spend a lot of my day sitting down in front of a computer. I try to be conscious of my ergonomics but that can only get me so far.

** Adding the extra 20 lbs. is definitely ramping up the intensity of my training. My goal is to do the same amount of reps I was doing using 10 lbs and I have no doubt I will be able to hit it within the next 2 months. Once I see myself able to properly execute 4 sets of 12 with a fair amount of ease, I will adjust the training scheme and probably begin to reintroduce the pyramid scheme I was previously utilizing. My goal is to need to buy another weighted vest (which allows for more weight to train with) before the 4th quarter of 2013.

*** So, I recently had a friend of mine who does CrossFit bring up the idea of introducing these to my training. I recall first coming across this exercise about a year or so ago when I was following Andy Bolton's writings. He praised this exercise greatly, so when my friend brought up this exercise, something clicked in my mind. Definitely liking these and
    I woke up the next two days with super sore hamstrings--definitely didn't see that coming!

**** I decided 30 second planks were just not cutting it for me physically (or mentally) so I went ahead and ramped up the intensity. This decision has certainly forced to create a stronger mind-muscle connection to concentrate during the execution this exercise. I am dialing in on my proprioception during this movement--focusing on creating total body tension. I know mastering this exercise will help improve my performance in other exercises. My goal is to perform this movement for a total of 1 minute with a fair amount of ease.

***** I decided to assess my progress with these chin-ups. My goal is to get to be able to do 12 reps per set with ease and I am halfway there. Next training session I will attempt to shoot for 7 reps instead of 6. I prefer slow but steady progress than jumping the gun and missing reps which may lead to me getting temporarily discouraged. Once I reach my goal of 12 reps, I will be adding 10 lbs. of weight using the vest. I want to make that happen before the summer is over.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Nice update.
  8. purebred

PRODUCT UPDATE:

For a limited time save 40% off Speed X3 by using promo code Lecheek40

you're welcome
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.21%

So how is the product treating you over all ?
  10. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by Marms View Post
    So how is the product treating you over all ?
    Well, the product does what it claims it's supposed to. Without a doubt, this is a high-energy supplement. I achieve great focus and intensity with it during my workouts. I had a buddy of mine try it and he seems to be far less stim-sensitive than I am. To say the least, he said it was amazing. I truly believe this is a great product, especially for people who can tolerate the stims a bit more, and it may come in handy for people who are stim-sensitive since it does not require a large dose to achieve the desired effect.

One disadvantage is the effect it has on being able to fall asleep on it a few hrs after taking it. I typically dose it at around 6pm and I'm in bed by 8:30/9pm. Again, every body is different, but for me, I have a hard time falling asleep with it. Granted, it is stated on the tub to not consume within 3 hours of bedtime. However, this is not the first pre-workout I have taken, and I have been able to fall asleep without a problem when using other pre-workouts. This is definitely a very potent pre-workout supplement.

I have noticed my tolerance has begun adjusting. I now need the full scoop (sometimes a little more) to achieve the same desired effect experienced in the beginning. With regards to the problem mentioned previously, concerning difficulty falling asleep after consuming SX3, I attempt to resolve this issue by supplementing with melatonin or an herb of some sort to mellow me out. I have also gotten my hands on Badger's Sleep Balm which has things like Lavender, Ginger and a few other goodies to promote relaxation and improve sleep quality.

It seems I am advancing nicely with my training. Progress is a slow process but slow motion is better than no motion. I may not be taking SX3 when I achieve the goals I had outlined in my previous post, but I know SX3 will definitely have played a role in me getting there I recently got a new protein from TN, too. It dissolves/mixes so effortlessly with my oatmeal in the morning. I do about 1.5-2 scoops with 2 big spoonfuls of PowerPB from SNACLite. Man, I love that stuff. Wash it down with some soy milk and I'm on my way. Here is the ingredient profile on my custom protein mix:

• NATURAL Premium Vanilla (Heavy)
    • Grass-Fed Whey Protein (40%)
    • Beef Protein Isolate (20%)
    • Egg White Protein (40%)
    • Stevia
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.21%

Ya I cant take it that late myself and sleep well.It depends on the time of day for the amount I can dose.
  12. purebred

A1) KB Goblet Squats
    4x8
    A2) Planks
    4x40s

B1) Weighted Push-ups (+20)
    8/9/9/10
    B2) KB Swings
    8/9/8/8

Finisher Set
    Push-ups
    1x20

A1) KB Goblet Squats
    4x8
    A2) Planks
    4x41s

B1) Chin-ups
    6/6/6/6/7
    B2) KB Swings
    8/8/8/9
  13. purebred

Yesterday was a long rough day. I guess you gotta have those sometimes to keep things in balance, right? Only got 1 meal in from the moment I woke up for work (5am) to the moment I got out of work and got home (5pm). Oh yeah, can't forget the few handfuls of almonds I had, too!

When I got home, I was drained--mentally and physically. I knew if I went into a workout, not only would it be unproductive, but I would probably feel worse. I threw in the towel for the day to catch up on some much needed rest and I'm glad I did. I woke up this morning feeling much more refreshed and amped about training
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.21%

Gotta get that rest and food in! Its key

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cordygen 5 Log! (Sponsored)
    By Aoba in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 12:33 AM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM
  3. Confucious's HyperTest Log (sponsored)
    By Confucious in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 06:42 PM
  4. HeavyWe1ght's HyperTEST log (sponsored)
    By heavywe1ght in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 02:04 PM
  5. INKLINED MASS FX LOG (sponsored)
    By inklined in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 09:43 PM