Bolt, X-gels, and the Reactive Quest for Strength - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Bolt, X-gels, and the Reactive Quest for Strength

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice session bolt. I know what you mean with the stretchers. If you don't use the right pulldown machine, they just don't work out right. I can't get a full stretch before the weight stack bottoms out on some of them.

I'm trying to limit myself to 2 CCCD bars a day. The only reason I can pull it off is because I have the PB cups as well lol.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Solid workout bolt

Not very happy right now that you get to BBQ and cook some burgers. Freakin snowed here again last night and got like 3-4 inches .
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Already popped our first 100 degree day here. Going to be a hot summer. 8(
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    holy crap! at least it's dry heat

I'm still stuck wearing a watertight drysuit at work

I gotta get me some meadows rows in this weekend
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I'm going to incorporate Meadows in a Kroc style set up starting next week.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  6. AnabolicMinds Forum Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yep... fml
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  7. 804
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good stuff bolt! Keep it up bro!
    Current Log:

804ís cLEAN bulk and Supps log (Unsponsored)

Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Beast bolt
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Yep... fml
    Spaniard?? Watching a lot of Gladiator these days? Lol
  10. AnabolicMinds Forum Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Spaniard?? Watching a lot of Gladiator these days? Lol
    Lol yea man! I changed a few things around for a military program I'm putting a packet in for. I'll essentially have my MS in half the time if I get accepted so I'm pulling out all the stops. Is that ok with you AZ?

Are you not entertained?!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html

Lol yea man! I changed a few things around for a military program I'm putting a packet in for. I'll essentially have my MS in half the time if I get accepted so I'm pulling out all the stops. Is that ok with you AZ?

Are you not entertained?!
    One of my ABSOLUTE favorite movies of all time. I watch it at least once a year.

Congrats on the new developments man...best of luck in your future career movements.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  12. AnabolicMinds Forum Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    One of my ABSOLUTE favorite movies of all time. I watch it at least once a year.

Congrats on the new developments man...best of luck in your future career movements.
    Yea man we always watch it when we're doing standby for flights. Only problem is when someone puts it on and too want to nap. There is no napping through Gladiator lol

Thanks brother I'm still interning with the Strength and Conditioning Coach but if I get into this program it will be a life changer! Long term goal was always PA school, the military just helps me get there that much faster. Fingers are crossed!
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Yea man we always watch it when we're doing standby for flights. Only problem is when someone puts it on and too want to nap. There is no napping through Gladiator lol

Thanks brother I'm still interning with the Strength and Conditioning Coach but if I get into this program it will be a life changer! Long term goal was always PA school, the military just helps me get there that much faster. Fingers are crossed!
    Bring hell champ!

Day 4- May 2:

Solid sleep again, probably no need to mention it again unless I have trouble sleeping. I added in some meditation/relaxation techniques this week (I usually practice this often but sometimes I neglect it and then have issues) and it seems to be helping. Still have a little trouble falling asleep but sleep was deep.

Wasn't sure if I would get time to do any sort of training today as I have a pretty full schedule again but an hour opened up so I got a session in. While it wasn't a typical weight session I also didn't take X-gels, but figured I'd update for complete disclosure.

Training:

GPP/Prehab/Mobility

In general this can vary quite a bit depending on what I feel my biggest need is at the time. Today's (and some of the usual for the last month or so) was similar to what was outlined in a JTS article a couple weeks back (and was funny because it was already very similar to how I did my sled work).

Session started off with Foam rolling and then hip and shoulder mobility (similar to the Agile 8 + shoulder additions based on my own personal needs).

Moved from there to 2 minutes of squeeze press with insanely light weight. Goal here was to get some solid blood flow into the pecs as I still have some lingering DOMS. When I do timed reps like this it is super easy but gives a nice pump.

Then moved on to the Prowler/Sled work with some prehab in between pulling. Today I did it exactly like the JTS article template with these exercises:

1)Low Prowler Push
    2)Pec Minor Dips
    3)Backward Prowler Drag
    4)Hanging Leg Raise
    5)Low Prowler Push
    6)Band Face Pulls
    7)Backward Prowler Drag
    8)/Reverse Hyper
    9)2 minutes walking/water/rest
    Each exercise performed for 20s and went through this three times.

Ended with some stretching.

Overall these are more like active recovery and just getting the heart rate up and good blood flow. Nothing strenuous or even near failure (weights real light). I always feel tired yet refreshed after this kind of workout.

Diet:

When I do workouts like this I hit in between off day and training day macros. Will probably end at 2700-2800 tonight.

Supplement Notes:

-No X-gels today. May start adding them on days like this once I get a full feel for how many sessions I will be doing a week.
    -Normal staple supplements will be used.
    -Added Citicoline to my morning Clout + DFG and hit up some very good mental focus while working and then reading at work.
    -10g BCAA taken prior to training today.

Glad to get this work in today in between a busy schedule. Off to work again now!

Food pic for those following, 1 scoop Vanilla UP + 8oz Milk w/small amount of chocolate syrup and cinnamon sprinkled on top =
    Name:  icecream!.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  98.3 KB
    PES Representative
  15. AnabolicMinds Forum Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Bring hell champ!
    You know me!

Back to you Bolt

Reputation Reputation

Not sure if I missed it, but why are you only using on training days?

Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post
    Not sure if I missed it, but why are you only using on training days?
    I only dose ArA pre-workout at 1.5-2g with GMS and Carnitine. I'll probably start taking it before GPP sessions as well and may just lower the dose once I figure out how many times I will be consistently hitting the gym (I know 4 but not sure if I'll be doing 1-2 GPP sessions or not).

This dosing is based on the scientific thread you can find by googling Maximizing ArA use or something like that.
    PES Representative

Reputation Reputation

I only dose ArA pre-workout at 1.5-2g with GMS and Carnitine. I'll probably start taking it before GPP sessions as well and may just lower the dose once I figure out how many times I will be consistently hitting the gym (I know 4 but not sure if I'll be doing 1-2 GPP sessions or not).

This dosing is based on the scientific thread you can find by googling Maximizing ArA use or something like that.
    I knew I liked you for a reason

Day 5- May 3:

A client/friend who I write programs for really wanted some input on his squat technique and to work on some hip mobility and the only time he had to train was early before work today, so I did my first morning fasted training session before work in forever. He didn't need a ton of help but I was only doing arms (bleh) so I wasn't doing anything too intensive that didn't allow me to help out.

Woke up slammed Athletix Stim product samples I received, 2g ArA, and GMS + 2g SNS PLCAR and drove off to the gym.

Training:

Mt Dog Arms:

Actually started with some shoulder mobility since I knew the arm work wouldn't take too long. Also went with the Reactive Pump Arms session 1 instead of the one in my 12-week program because I didn't have the machines necessary and this arm workout was all with free weights.

A1)Triceps Rope Extension: 15reps x 4 sets
    A2)Dumbbell Curl: 15 reps x 4 sets. Ramped up on both of these then maintained for the last two sets.
    B1)Barbell Curl: 8 reps x 3 sets
    B2)Dips: 8 reps x 3 sets. Ramped up on the curls until set three was a difficult 8. Workout called for 4 sets but my arm endurance is pitiful so I felt 3 was plenty based on the fatigue in the third set of curls. Dips were slow because bodyweight times 8 isn't that hard at my weight (should have probably gotten a weight belt on...o well).
    C1)Decline Triceps Extension: 15reps x 4 sets. Stayed the same weight and didn't lock out, kept constant tension, and got an insane pump to end.
    C2)Hammer Curls: 15reps x 4 sets. Squeezed hard at the top and stayed the same weight all sets. I went with 4 here as called for as for some reason endurance seemed strong on these.

Stretched, contemplated never doing arm workouts again, then did some work and came home.

Diet:

Not used to lifting this early but will still probably hit 3000cals like usual on training days.

Supplement Notes:

-2g X-gels + GMS and PLCAR today with the Athletix Stim Sample. Pump was insane but I think it has been a year since I did an exclusive Arms workout like this so a little hard to gauge compared to a baseline. Was very solid despite training in the morning.
    -Normal staple supplements will be used later and I will probably edit this post again tonight if anything changes.
    -10g BCAA taken prior to training today plus some liquid carbohydrates. So technically not "fasted" but I had no whole food meals in me this morning.
    PES Representative
  20. 804
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.

Killin it man! Great details
    Current Log:

804ís cLEAN bulk and Supps log (Unsponsored)

Solid update and workout bolt. I take it you are not a fan of lifting arms very much?

Ya not a fan of biceps in particular.
    PES Representative

But you have very nice biceps (no homo )
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I despise them
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

It is all about those compound exercises! Pull ups/chin ups for daysssss.

And being low body fat makes them look bigger than they are.
    PES Representative

It is all about those compound exercises! Pull ups/chin ups for daysssss.

And being low body fat makes them look bigger than they are.
    Nothing wrong with that. Been losing a good amount of body fat myself and my biceps looks bigger

I have always enjoyed working arms though. I am going to go back to my old split of Back/Biceps and Chest/Triceps. Going to start hitting things twice per week with lower volume in each session.

Day 6- May 4:

My arms are beyond sore. Haven't had biceps DOMS like this in a very long time. Off day from the gym but I did hit up some active recovery/prehab/mobility work as soon as I got off work.

Went to see Iron Man 3......was not impressed. Pretty disappointed but I think lots of people may like it just a lot of things didn't jive with the comic purist in my heart.

Diet:

2500cals today.

Supplement Notes:

-Normal staple supplements will be used later and I will probably edit this post again tonight if anything changes.
    -I feel a little less "soft" after a week of activity. Probably mostly mental after a week off and doing nothing but still feeling much better right now.

Small update just to keep on track.
    PES Representative

That's what you get for not liking biceps , but great to hear you feel much better since getting back in the gym. That is a bummer that Iron Man 3 didn't impress you, I still gotta go see it though.

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    That's what you get for not liking biceps , but great to hear you feel much better since getting back in the gym. That is a bummer that Iron Man 3 didn't impress you, I still gotta go see it though.
    I wouldn't deter others from seeing it. My non-comic reading friends and people I have talked to have liked it a lot. I can see how some would enjoy it, just not my preference. I am extremely excited for Thor (favorite of the Marvel movie characters right now) and Catching Fire (flamesuit engaged, pun intended) in November though. Star Trek is my most anticipated of the year though so if that disappointing me I will legitimately cry.

Day 7- May 5:

Hoping after today life will settle down and I can concentrate on some other things. Feel busy all the time and like I haven't even had a chance to chill this weekend. Still felt good today so hit some legs today!

2g X-gels + GMS + Clout + Enhanced as my pre-workout drink today.

Training:

Mt Dog Legs:

Foam rolled and was feeling real good so that was a good motivator before moving into the weights today.

1)Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 6 reps x 3 sets. Constant tension (no lockout at top) felt weird but go a solid stretch on each rep.
    2)Banded Leg Press: 8 reps x 3 sets. Doubled black band on each side of the leg press. Worked up to a hard 8 and then stuck with that weight for 3 sets. Slow negative with explosive concentric motion.
    3)Hack Squat: 8 reps x 2 sets. Built up to a solid weight for 8 reps, holding for a 1 count pause at the bottom. Actually hit the bottom of the machine a couple times which was awkward. Second set was a drop set so did 8 dropped weight, did 8 more, dropped weight then did 8 more.
    4)Step Ups: 10 reps x 2 sets each leg. Used an offset kettlebell hold for the weight which wasn't what it suggested but I liked it..
    5)Leg Curls: 10 reps x 3 sets. Haven't done leg curls in forever so this felt really weird.

Kept the weights very conservative and worked more on constant tension, which led to some brutal pumps. I tossed a couple calf exercises in during rest periods as well. Afterwards stretched and went home.

Diet:

Going to another cookout with friends today. It is about to be a protein overload again.

Supplement Notes:

-2g X-gels + GMS + Clout + Enhanced pre-workout.
    -Normal staple supplements.
    -The Burn24 seems to be doing a good job of minimizing bloat after eating larger meals. I am eating most of my carbs in two meals each day and it has done a solid job of not making me lethargic or having any bloated stomach issues after. Also look leaner than last week at this time.
    -The X-gels should start to really kick in this week based on how I tend to react to ArA. Should be some solid stuff and can't wait until the vascularity picks up. Seeing some improvements in all day levels. Also plan to up some carbohydrate and overall caloric intake this week. I can tend to get away with eating more on ArA usually.

On a side note one week of Mt Dog training has been very interesting. I really like the way Meadows structures things and it is totally different from how I had been training prior to this (for a longgg time). While it is interesting I can't wait to get back to my powerlifting stuff after this week.
    PES Representative

I am pumped for Thor and Catching Fire also . Cannot wait till those come out. My dad is a huge movie guy, he saves every ticket stub and puts them in a shoe box, so whenever I get to see him (he lives in Glendale, AZ), we always go to quite a few movies. But he always lets me know what he thinks of the movies.

Solid leg day for ya bolt . Hopefully the cookout with the buddies goes good since it seems like you have been very busy as of late. Maybe grab some pictures of what you eat
  31. AnabolicMinds Forum Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Day 6- May 4:

My arms are beyond sore. Haven't had biceps DOMS like this in a very long time. Off day from the gym but I did hit up some active recovery/prehab/mobility work as soon as I got off work.

Went to see Iron Man 3......was not impressed. Pretty disappointed but I think lots of people may like it just a lot of things didn't jive with the comic purist in my heart.

Diet:

2500cals today.

Supplement Notes:

-I feel a little less "soft" after a week of activity. Probably mostly mental after a week off and doing nothing but still feeling much better right now.

Small update just to keep on track.
    Dom, dom, dom, dom, DOMMMMSSS!!!! Could it be? The Gels are slowly bringing the pain?!

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I am pumped for Thor and Catching Fire also . Cannot wait till those come out. My dad is a huge movie guy, he saves every ticket stub and puts them in a shoe box, so whenever I get to see him (he lives in Glendale, AZ), we always go to quite a few movies. But he always lets me know what he thinks of the movies.

Solid leg day for ya bolt . Hopefully the cookout with the buddies goes good since it seems like you have been very busy as of late. Maybe grab some pictures of what you eat
    Better hurry up and get out here before it gets deathly hot and by deathly hot I mean, hell. You pay for your sins in AZ heat hahaha!! Catching fire? A new Thor?! How excite!!

I wouldn't deter others from seeing it. My non-comic reading friends and people I have talked to have liked it a lot. I can see how some would enjoy it, just not my preference. I am extremely excited for Thor (favorite of the Marvel movie characters right now) and Catching Fire (flamesuit engaged, pun intended) in November though. Star Trek is my most anticipated of the year though so if that disappointing me I will legitimately cry.

Day 7- May 5:

Hoping after today life will settle down and I can concentrate on some other things. Feel busy all the time and like I haven't even had a chance to chill this weekend. Still felt good today so hit some legs today!

2g X-gels + GMS + Clout + Enhanced as my pre-workout drink today.

Training:

Mt Dog Legs:

Foam rolled and was feeling real good so that was a good motivator before moving into the weights today.

1)Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 6 reps x 3 sets. Constant tension (no lockout at top) felt weird but go a solid stretch on each rep.
    2)Banded Leg Press: 8 reps x 3 sets. Doubled black band on each side of the leg press. Worked up to a hard 8 and then stuck with that weight for 3 sets. Slow negative with explosive concentric motion.
    3)Hack Squat: 8 reps x 2 sets. Built up to a solid weight for 8 reps, holding for a 1 count pause at the bottom. Actually hit the bottom of the machine a couple times which was awkward. Second set was a drop set so did 8 dropped weight, did 8 more, dropped weight then did 8 more.
    4)Step Ups: 10 reps x 2 sets each leg. Used an offset kettlebell hold for the weight which wasn't what it suggested but I liked it..
    5)Leg Curls: 10 reps x 3 sets. Haven't done leg curls in forever so this felt really weird.

Kept the weights very conservative and worked more on constant tension, which led to some brutal pumps. I tossed a couple calf exercises in during rest periods as well. Afterwards stretched and went home.

Diet:

Going to another cookout with friends today. It is about to be a protein overload again.

Supplement Notes:

-2g X-gels + GMS + Clout + Enhanced pre-workout.
    -The Burn24 seems to be doing a good job of minimizing bloat after eating larger meals. I am eating most of my carbs in two meals each day and it has done a solid job of not making me lethargic or having any bloated stomach issues after. Also look leaner than last week at this time.
    -The X-gels should start to really kick in this week based on how I tend to react to ArA. Should be some solid stuff and can't wait until the vascularity picks up. Seeing some improvements in all day levels. Also plan to up some carbohydrate and overall caloric intake this week. I can tend to get away with eating more on ArA usually.

On a side note one week of Mt Dog training has been very interesting. I really like the way Meadows structures things and it is totally different from how I had been training prior to this (for a longgg time). While it is interesting I can't wait to get back to my powerlifting stuff after this week.
    Did I miss is? What are you dosing the GMS at? LCLT is at 2g?

Enjoy your day! I'm about to head to a craw dad boil I'm going to suck those slimy little bastards dry!

Glycergrow at 6g GMS and been using PLCAR at 2g unless I take Clout (1.5g ALCAR) with my X-gels.
    PES Representative

Day 8- May 6:

2g X-gels + GMS + 2g PLCAR + Enhanced as my pre-workout drink today.

Training:

Mt Dog Chest/Shoulders:

Chest:
    1)Hammer Strength Incline Press: 12, 10, 8, 6 reps for 4 total sets. Same idea as last week.
    2)Decline DB Press: 8 reps x 3 sets. Held for pause at top and bottom of motion. By now pump was insane.
    3)Incline Press: 8 reps x 4 sets. Constant tension (no lockout and stopped just above chest for each rep).
    Shoulders:
    1)Reverse Delt Machine: 20 reps x 4 sets. Held for a pause at top of motion. These burned like hell....
    2)Front to Back Press: 12 reps x 2 sets. I honestly was pretty shot by this point.
    3)Rear Delt Destroyer: Honestly was in a cloud of death at this point so not exactly sure how many it was but did some full ROM then banged out some swings until it felt like my delts would explode.

3) was an ad lib addition as I was actually supposed to start shoulders with machine lateral raise with someone pushing down during the eccentric for 8 reps then no extra resistance for 8 reps. No partner so I just skipped it because I kind of wanted to focus on rear delts (hence the final addition).

I kept the weights pretty easy, but rests really short. I was on fire by the end and pretty beat.

Diet:

Upping calories slightly (and will probably taper up carbohydrate intake over the duration of the next couple weeks as necessary).

Supplement Notes:

-2g X-gels + GMS + PLCAR + Enhanced pre-workout.
    -I think the X-gels are taking effect. Pumps came on strong right away and went into pretty intense levels by the end. Enhanced on its own gives me amazing pumps but this was one of those borderline insane kind of deals. Also DOMS from yesterday's leg session is no bueno.
    PES Representative

Day 9-10- May 7,8:

May 7th was an off day. I did do some foam rolling but no dedicated workout or anything of that sort.

Today (May 8th):

2g X-gels + GlycerGrow + 2g PLCAR + Enhanced pre-workout.

Training:

Mt Dog Back:
    1)Meadows Row: 8 reps for 4 sets. Built up to a weight and focused on getting a good contraction at the top of each rep. Felt more comfortable with the set up of these today.
    2)Lat Pulldowns: 10 reps for 3 sets. Two warm up sets then three work sets. Went up in weight each set and narrowed the grip slightly starting out at the very end of the handles for the first warm up and a couple inches inward for each subsequent set.
    3)Seated Low Row: 10 reps for 3 sets. Focused on squeezing hard in the lower lat.
    4)Single Arm Pulldown: 10 reps for 3 sets. Stayed upright and drove elbow straight down to the side. Did all 10 on one arm then switched.

Moderate weights with short rest again today. Pump was brutal. Stretched out after and my back was on fire..felt really good though.

Diet:

Another slight bump in calories again today. Weight is up a little but actually looking leaner (may be gaining some water weight with addition of creatine since this log).

Supplement Notes:

-2g X-gels + Glycergrow + PLCAR + Enhanced pre-workout. Only 1 scoop Enhanced currently. I don't feel the need for a huge stim boost at the moment and pumps are pretty much topped out right now with this combo.
    -ArA how I missed you. Veins starting to pop out everywhere and pumps were intense. Had some issues with forarm pumps by the end today (hard to grip on the last exercise).

May start the Reactive Training Friday. Pretty excited to get that underway. With the X-gels starting to hit it should be about time for the good stuff to happen.

I have enjoyed the Mt Dog trial, but can't wait to start hitting some squats heavy.
    PES Representative
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Where did you get the mountain dog workout? I have seen a few write ups but nothing really comprehensive.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    Where did you get the mountain dog workout? I have seen a few write ups but nothing really comprehensive.
    Elitefts 2012 programs that work ebook. It is a 12 week program but I was just doing the low volume start for a change up before wjay I have planned next.
    PES Representative

Had this typed up to post but had to run out the house again last night.

I also now have my new program all ready to roll as soon as possible. Things are about to get real.

Day 11-12- May 9-10:

May 9th:
    Not going to go in to a ton of depth due to it being an off day. Did some mobility and conditioning similar to last Thursday. A little more focus on prehab.

Diet was similar to last Thursday as well. No X-gels though.

May 10th:

2g X-gels + GlycerGrow + 2g PLCAR + Enhanced pre-workout.

Training:

Still ironing some things out for my program switch up and had only about 30-40 minutes to lift today (busy day again) so figured I'd just do arms like originally planned. My arms still feel slightly pumped nearly 6 hours later..

Mt Dog Arms:
    Didn't follow the program I have (didn't like the exercise selection for the day) so went with one off the Reactive Pump Program.
    A1)V-Bar Pressdowns: 15 reps for 4 sets. Constant tension
    A2)Barbell Curl: 8 reps w/ 10 partials for 4 sets. Partials were brutal..not something I have much experience with.
    B1)Hammer Curl: 8 reps for 4 sets.
    B2)Pronated Kickback: 8 reps for 4 sets. Eh not a fan of this but figured I'd give it a try. It was interesting I guess.
    C1)Preacher Machine Curl: 10 reps for 4 sets.
    C2)KB Lying Extension: 10 reps for 4 sets.

OMG arm pump was not fun. I felt like a giant bro with everyone else doing arms as well. My biceps are probably going to be murderous tomorrow.

Diet:

Holding steady with most recent bump.

Supplement Notes:

-2g X-gels + Glycergrow + PLCAR + Enhanced pre-workout. I probably should have skipped Enhanced as I thought my biceps would rip open...Vascularity was insane though. Veins everywhere.
    -Looked rather lean today (and last couple days). Definitely some nice changes compared to the lay off. Weight is up slightly (as mentioned earlier) and I don't feel defeated in the gym with fatigue. I honestly could have done more if it was called for despite the crazy pump.

New program starting as soon as I get a good day to train (tomorrow or Sunday I hope!) Really want to put this to the test on strength now. Bout to head out for the night to chill and watch some bball, but it'll be back to the work grind again tomorrow morning.
    PES Representative

Day 13- May 11:

1g X-gels + 2g PLCAR + GlycerGrow + Enhanced

Training:

Foam Roll, Softball/Golfball Mash

Prehab/Rehab:
    Side Lying External Rotation- 3x10
    Face Pulls- 2x10
    Ab Wheel-2x10
    External Rotation Stretching

Neglected Muscles
    DB Row: 3x10
    Hanging Leg Raise: 2x10

Conditioning
    Easy Biking for 20minutes with HR between 120-150bpm.

Chest, Shoulder, and Hip Stretching/Mobility.

Diet:

Today will be pretty close to a typical training day. (Aiming at 3000cals)

Supplement Notes:

-1g X-gels + Glycergrow + PLCAR + Enhanced pre-workout. Just went with 1g X-gels since this wasn't a full blown weight session. I am going to decide exactly how much I plan to take this week (working out 4 days + 1-2 GPP like today's lift). Probably stick with 2g on normal days and a lowered dose on GPP days (don't want to burn through the stuff too fast!). I am getting that all day vascularity I normally do on ArA. Veins in shoulders, legs, lower abs, and arms are all very prominent all the time.
    -I felt awesome today. Nothing hard on this workout but I think the combo of new training all being laid out for next week and the quality of work done today left me feeling very good. Joints are feeling good no real ache atm so hope that keeps up even when the weights get heavy.
    PES Representative
  39. AnabolicMinds Forum Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Day 13- May 11:

1g X-gels + 2g PLCAR + GlycerGrow + Enhanced

Training:

Foam Roll, Softball/Golfball Mash

Prehab/Rehab:
    Side Lying External Rotation- 3x10
    Face Pulls- 2x10
    Ab Wheel-2x10
    External Rotation Stretching

Neglected Muscles
    DB Row: 3x10
    Hanging Leg Raise: 2x10

Conditioning
    Easy Biking for 20minutes with HR between 120-150bpm.

Chest, Shoulder, and Hip Stretching/Mobility.

Diet:

Today will be pretty close to a typical training day. (Aiming at 3000cals)

Supplement Notes:

-1g X-gels + Glycergrow + PLCAR + Enhanced pre-workout. Just went with 1g X-gels since this wasn't a full blown weight session. I am going to decide exactly how much I plan to take this week (working out 4 days + 1-2 GPP like today's lift). Probably stick with 2g on normal days and a lowered dose on GPP days (don't want to burn through the stuff too fast!). I am getting that all day vascularity I normally do on ArA. Veins in shoulders, legs, lower abs, and arms are all very prominent all the time.
    -I felt awesome today. Nothing hard on this workout but I think the combo of new training all being laid out for next week and the quality of work done today left me feeling very good. Joints are feeling good no real ache atm so hope that keeps up even when the weights get heavy.
    I'm starting Monday I'm excite!!!!

Can't wait for the EPIC pumps! Have you been having killer DOMS yet?! That's what I'm worried about the most lol! I already get the worst DOMS EVER!!

I'm starting Monday I'm excite!!!!

Can't wait for the EPIC pumps! Have you been having killer DOMS yet?! That's what I'm worried about the most lol! I already get the worst DOMS EVER!!
    Ya the DOMS with this on top of the training I have been doing (which is different from usual) has me in some serious pain. DOMS had actually been pretty low during training the last few months so I had forgotten what this felt like.
    PES Representative

Similar Forum Threads

1. New to Supplements and the site looking for advice!
    By AdamRiggs in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 10:22 PM
  2. Toro's quest for Strength and Shred
    By Torobestia in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 12:58 PM
  3. AI's Super Swole Stack...GoHard's Quest for Strength Absolute
    By GoHardOrGoHme in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 663
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 10:09 AM
  4. SWOLLEN87's Quest for STRENGTH (with epi)
    By swollen87 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 09:58 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 01:17 AM