Bolt, X-gels, and the Reactive Quest for Strength

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

1. Subbed for another one.

2. Subbed! Started my X Gels on Sunday and already am getting epic pumps.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
    •   

3. Thanks for all the subs....I'll toss up a daily reflection later but looks like I won't have time for GPP/Prehab today as I have a pretty full plate of work tonight. Still might try though!
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

4. Day 2- April 30:

I slept horribly last night for some reason. I woke up like 5 times had some really weird nightmare (that wasn't scary but I woke up like it was lol) and just tossed and turned all night. Happens every so often and probably completely random. I also woke up with some insane DOMS in the chest, and moderate shoulder and triceps DOMS.

Got up and ran around doing work all morning long. Came home and then went back to work. Blah blah blah.

Training:

GPP/Prehab/Off

I was sore and tired so I didn't feel the need to force myself into doing something. Still did a whole series of mobilization work and foam rolling followed by some bodyweight ITYWs and some push ups just to get some blood into the sore muscles. Took a contrast shower and feel really good now. I probably should have just done all that and woken up earlier to do it than at night because I feel great now...and didn't all day long.

Diet:

About to hit 2500 with this next meal. I don't usually miss my macro goals. One note is that I have been Gluten free for awhile. I tried it and while it doesn't really seem to be different I just hardly buy foods with Gluten anymore. Still occasional cereal or bagel or tortilla or w/e in a meal eating out but have found a love for all things non-gluten.

Supplement Notes:

-No X-gels today as I don't take them unless I am training.
    -DFG + Clout didn't give me the crazy tunnel vision of yesterday but I do get a nice morning pick up even without the caffeine. Paired with caffeine I bet it would be real nice.
    -All my other staples were taken as usually listed.
    PEScience Representative

5. Lol reading your OP I saw the part about Dewey and I think he might have disowned me....

I was gonna start a log for the product he got me for the "testify and win" promo in early April but had that RC sprain and then didn't hit the gym for a week....

Should be starting it this week though lol.
    •   

6. The nights of tossing and turning really are horrible. My body temperature was insanely high last night so I woke up in the middle of the night and turned the fan on and opened the windows.

I never have tried the gluten free thing but then again never have really thought about it either.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Lol reading your OP I saw the part about Dewey and I think he might have disowned me....

I was gonna start a log for the product he got me for the "testify and win" promo in early April but had that RC sprain and then didn't hit the gym for a week....

Should be starting it this week though lol.
    Ya my mini log kinda just stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    The nights of tossing and turning really are horrible. My body temperature was insanely high last night so I woke up in the middle of the night and turned the fan on and opened the windows.

I never have tried the gluten free thing but then again never have really thought about it either.
    Ya I wouldn't worry about the Gluten stuff unless you think you have an issue. I just did a month without it to see how it was from more of a psychological perspective and having to avoid it and look for alternatives, etc. I never really ate a ton of it before anyways though.
    PEScience Representative

8. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Ya my mini log kinda just stopped.

Ya I wouldn't worry about the Gluten stuff unless you think you have an issue. I just did a month without it to see how it was from more of a psychological perspective and having to avoid it and look for alternatives, etc. I never really ate a ton of it before anyways though.
    For sure. I don't really consume much of it either.

9. Im in, ill be running this soon!

Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

10. Day 3- May 1:

Sleep was amazing last night and I woke up very refreshed. Glad it didn't go for a couple of days. Today was a lot of work and reading so far but not as busy as yesterday and should have some time tonight to actually chill (and hit the comic book store...it is Wednesday!).

I took a sample of Athletix new pre-workout non-stim product and didn't want to confound too many things so just took that sample with 2g ArA. No GMS or Carnitine because I wanted to see exactly how the sample effected me (since they were nice enough to send it) and in the grand scheme of things shouldn't be too much of an issue with my X-gels.

Training:

Mt Dog Back:

1)DB Rows: 8 reps x 3 sets @ 100lbs. Went heavier than usual on these after several warm up sets, just trying to move some good weight but still got a real solid contraction and stretch on each rep.
    2)Meadows Rows: 10 reps x 3 sets @ 75lbs. Don't do these too often but kept them light with short rest really focusing on the contraction. Took a set or two at lighter weight to get the feel then proceeded with these three sets.
    3)Deadlifts: 10 reps x 1 set @ 275lbs. This called to work up to a weight that would feel like a decently heavy triple and do ten reps, taking a step back and resetting after each rep (kind of like rest pause or how I did my Cube Method DE deads). I didn't really get very heavy on these as I didn't want to push it on this currently but it felt cool with how pumped my back was at the time.
    4)Stretchers: 12 reps x 3 sets @75lbs. Tried 90 but I couldn't get the right leverage for my lightweight self so went with 75lbs. Crazy pump and great stretch at the top of each rep. I really like this exercise just not the particular lat pulldown I used this day.

Overall not very high volume but I got a very solid pump and hit my back very well. Felt really good and my shoulders felt awesome afterwards (they felt a little off after all the pressing on Monday for some reason, nothing major).

Diet:

Should hit 3000 no problem. Going to a BBQ so some burgers sound like a good idea tonight.

Supplement Notes:

-2g on the X-gels today. Still not much to note as only the second day of dosing, but vascularity and pump were great (probably mostly the Athletix sample which I will be reviewing soon).
    -DFG + Clout then some studying before morning work was a solid combo. No stims today but energy was really good and mind was clear.
    -All my other staples were taken as usually listed again.

I am getting pretty excited for the workout change up coming after next week and hoping the ArA starts to kick in a little next week as that plus the small addition to volume should be nice. Grabbed some CCCD Quest Bars yesterday and they are already almost gone.
    PEScience Representative

11. Nice session bolt. I know what you mean with the stretchers. If you don't use the right pulldown machine, they just don't work out right. I can't get a full stretch before the weight stack bottoms out on some of them.

I'm trying to limit myself to 2 CCCD bars a day. The only reason I can pull it off is because I have the PB cups as well lol.
    PEScience Representative
    http://selectprotein.com

12. Solid workout bolt

Not very happy right now that you get to BBQ and cook some burgers. Freakin snowed here again last night and got like 3-4 inches .

13. Already popped our first 100 degree day here. Going to be a hot summer. 8(
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

14. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Already popped our first 100 degree day here. Going to be a hot summer. 8(
    holy crap! at least it's dry heat

I'm still stuck wearing a watertight drysuit at work

I gotta get me some meadows rows in this weekend
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

15. I'm going to incorporate Meadows in a Kroc style set up starting next week.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

16. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Already popped our first 100 degree day here. Going to be a hot summer. 8(
    Yep... fml
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

17. Good stuff bolt! Keep it up bro!

18. Beast bolt
    ...::: Olympus Labs Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

19. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Yep... fml
    Spaniard?? Watching a lot of Gladiator these days? Lol

20. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Spaniard?? Watching a lot of Gladiator these days? Lol
    Lol yea man! I changed a few things around for a military program I'm putting a packet in for. I'll essentially have my MS in half the time if I get accepted so I'm pulling out all the stops. Is that ok with you AZ?

Are you not entertained?!
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

21. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Lol yea man! I changed a few things around for a military program I'm putting a packet in for. I'll essentially have my MS in half the time if I get accepted so I'm pulling out all the stops. Is that ok with you AZ?

Are you not entertained?!
    One of my ABSOLUTE favorite movies of all time. I watch it at least once a year.

Congrats on the new developments man...best of luck in your future career movements.
    PEScience Representative

22. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    One of my ABSOLUTE favorite movies of all time. I watch it at least once a year.

Congrats on the new developments man...best of luck in your future career movements.
    Yea man we always watch it when we're doing standby for flights. Only problem is when someone puts it on and too want to nap. There is no napping through Gladiator lol

Thanks brother I'm still interning with the Strength and Conditioning Coach but if I get into this program it will be a life changer! Long term goal was always PA school, the military just helps me get there that much faster. Fingers are crossed!
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

23. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Yea man we always watch it when we're doing standby for flights. Only problem is when someone puts it on and too want to nap. There is no napping through Gladiator lol

Thanks brother I'm still interning with the Strength and Conditioning Coach but if I get into this program it will be a life changer! Long term goal was always PA school, the military just helps me get there that much faster. Fingers are crossed!
    Bring hell champ!

24. Day 4- May 2:

Solid sleep again, probably no need to mention it again unless I have trouble sleeping. I added in some meditation/relaxation techniques this week (I usually practice this often but sometimes I neglect it and then have issues) and it seems to be helping. Still have a little trouble falling asleep but sleep was deep.

Wasn't sure if I would get time to do any sort of training today as I have a pretty full schedule again but an hour opened up so I got a session in. While it wasn't a typical weight session I also didn't take X-gels, but figured I'd update for complete disclosure.

Training:

GPP/Prehab/Mobility

In general this can vary quite a bit depending on what I feel my biggest need is at the time. Today's (and some of the usual for the last month or so) was similar to what was outlined in a JTS article a couple weeks back (and was funny because it was already very similar to how I did my sled work).

Session started off with Foam rolling and then hip and shoulder mobility (similar to the Agile 8 + shoulder additions based on my own personal needs).

Moved from there to 2 minutes of squeeze press with insanely light weight. Goal here was to get some solid blood flow into the pecs as I still have some lingering DOMS. When I do timed reps like this it is super easy but gives a nice pump.

Then moved on to the Prowler/Sled work with some prehab in between pulling. Today I did it exactly like the JTS article template with these exercises:

1)Low Prowler Push
    2)Pec Minor Dips
    3)Backward Prowler Drag
    4)Hanging Leg Raise
    5)Low Prowler Push
    6)Band Face Pulls
    7)Backward Prowler Drag
    8)/Reverse Hyper
    9)2 minutes walking/water/rest
    Each exercise performed for 20s and went through this three times.

Ended with some stretching.

Overall these are more like active recovery and just getting the heart rate up and good blood flow. Nothing strenuous or even near failure (weights real light). I always feel tired yet refreshed after this kind of workout.

Diet:

When I do workouts like this I hit in between off day and training day macros. Will probably end at 2700-2800 tonight.

Supplement Notes:

-No X-gels today. May start adding them on days like this once I get a full feel for how many sessions I will be doing a week.
    -Normal staple supplements will be used.
    -Added Citicoline to my morning Clout + DFG and hit up some very good mental focus while working and then reading at work.
    -10g BCAA taken prior to training today.

Glad to get this work in today in between a busy schedule. Off to work again now!

Food pic for those following, 1 scoop Vanilla UP + 8oz Milk w/small amount of chocolate syrup and cinnamon sprinkled on top =
    Name:  icecream!.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  98.3 KB
    PEScience Representative

25. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Bring hell champ!
    You know me!

Back to you Bolt
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

26. Not sure if I missed it, but why are you only using on training days?

27. Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post
    Not sure if I missed it, but why are you only using on training days?
    I only dose ArA pre-workout at 1.5-2g with GMS and Carnitine. I'll probably start taking it before GPP sessions as well and may just lower the dose once I figure out how many times I will be consistently hitting the gym (I know 4 but not sure if I'll be doing 1-2 GPP sessions or not).

This dosing is based on the scientific thread you can find by googling Maximizing ArA use or something like that.
    PEScience Representative

28. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I only dose ArA pre-workout at 1.5-2g with GMS and Carnitine. I'll probably start taking it before GPP sessions as well and may just lower the dose once I figure out how many times I will be consistently hitting the gym (I know 4 but not sure if I'll be doing 1-2 GPP sessions or not).

This dosing is based on the scientific thread you can find by googling Maximizing ArA use or something like that.
    I knew I liked you for a reason

29. Day 5- May 3:

A client/friend who I write programs for really wanted some input on his squat technique and to work on some hip mobility and the only time he had to train was early before work today, so I did my first morning fasted training session before work in forever. He didn't need a ton of help but I was only doing arms (bleh) so I wasn't doing anything too intensive that didn't allow me to help out.

Woke up slammed Athletix Stim product samples I received, 2g ArA, and GMS + 2g SNS PLCAR and drove off to the gym.

Training:

Mt Dog Arms:

Actually started with some shoulder mobility since I knew the arm work wouldn't take too long. Also went with the Reactive Pump Arms session 1 instead of the one in my 12-week program because I didn't have the machines necessary and this arm workout was all with free weights.

A1)Triceps Rope Extension: 15reps x 4 sets
    A2)Dumbbell Curl: 15 reps x 4 sets. Ramped up on both of these then maintained for the last two sets.
    B1)Barbell Curl: 8 reps x 3 sets
    B2)Dips: 8 reps x 3 sets. Ramped up on the curls until set three was a difficult 8. Workout called for 4 sets but my arm endurance is pitiful so I felt 3 was plenty based on the fatigue in the third set of curls. Dips were slow because bodyweight times 8 isn't that hard at my weight (should have probably gotten a weight belt on...o well).
    C1)Decline Triceps Extension: 15reps x 4 sets. Stayed the same weight and didn't lock out, kept constant tension, and got an insane pump to end.
    C2)Hammer Curls: 15reps x 4 sets. Squeezed hard at the top and stayed the same weight all sets. I went with 4 here as called for as for some reason endurance seemed strong on these.

Stretched, contemplated never doing arm workouts again, then did some work and came home.

Diet:

Not used to lifting this early but will still probably hit 3000cals like usual on training days.

Supplement Notes:

-2g X-gels + GMS and PLCAR today with the Athletix Stim Sample. Pump was insane but I think it has been a year since I did an exclusive Arms workout like this so a little hard to gauge compared to a baseline. Was very solid despite training in the morning.
    -Normal staple supplements will be used later and I will probably edit this post again tonight if anything changes.
    -10g BCAA taken prior to training today plus some liquid carbohydrates. So technically not "fasted" but I had no whole food meals in me this morning.
    PEScience Representative

30. Killin it man! Great details
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. New to Supplements and the site looking for advice!
    By AdamRiggs in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 11:22 PM
  2. Toro's quest for Strength and Shred
    By Torobestia in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
  3. AI's Super Swole Stack...GoHard's Quest for Strength Absolute
    By GoHardOrGoHme in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 663
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 11:09 AM
  4. SWOLLEN87's Quest for STRENGTH (with epi)
    By swollen87 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 10:58 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 02:17 AM