X-Gel'n my way to Rocky III

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day One of Twenty-Five:

Thanks to wardbird (and Mack411 for the vote of confidence) to letting me run a bottle of SNS' new and improved X-Gels! When I had heard they were coming out with a new version, I was eager to give this a shot. I know SNS pumps out quality products so I'm in good hands.

(Be warned: I write a lot!)

You can read about what is product is all about here.

I've ran an ArA product before, however I didn't have my training and diet quite dialed in. But, after hitting it hard and with some good supps to help me break some barriers, I feel I'm primed to run this hard and see what types of achievements I can attain.

Main supps:
*X-Gels: 4 before working out, 4 throughout the day on non-workout days.
*Intimidate: read that X-Gels pairs up well with a test booster. I'm two days into taking this.
*LG's T-911: don't have it yet, but will get it running tomorrow evening. Again, something to pair well with X-Gels.

Basic supps:
-Cissus
-Orange Triad
-Fish oil
-Creatine
-whey protein
-taurine
-pantothenic acid and LCLT (helps with my acne flare ups)

I'm working out four days a week and just switched up to two on, one off. I used to go four days straight, but I started lifting heavier and my body was yearning for more rest. I'm also taking Krav Maga at least once a week. That's a good hour of cardio and solid self-defense training. Some weeks I might go twice a week, but I like to gauge this by listening to my body when it needs rest.

By this Saturday (4-27-13), I will have done 2 days of Krav; in addition to two workouts with X-Gels.

Goal:
Just one: look like Stallone via Rocky III. I grew up on the Rocky series and as of late, have become quite fond of Rocky Balboa. I know X-Gels can help me build more lean muscle and achieve a look similar to what I'm after. Also, I'm prepared for the DOMS that follow. One sign that the product is working!

Routine:
Today was legs.

Warmed-up with some burpees. Man, these are great, but my left knee felt a little funky doing them.

Leg Extension:
-15x50
-15x50
-20x50
-10x70

I like doing these before hitting squats. It helps my knee and doing them today gave me more solidity in my left knee. (Side note: I hurt it many years ago and it's never been the same. Took me this year to get it stronger to build my squat, which has eased the pain. Although, I think the Krav training is giving it more exertion as I'm using muscles I rarely engage.)

Squats:
-10x100
-5x190
-5x190
-5x190
-8x150
-15x100

I got a bit too frisky with these and went for the 190. Got them all done, all without knee issues, but I knew that trying to get to five sets might not have been possible. I figured I was good in that area, so I lowered the weight to get in some more work. Last set was brutal, but felt good. I do have to be mindful of the knee and not go all out, but enough to engage the quads. Still need more work on these and hopefully X-Gels will give me that added boost!

Stiff-legged Deadlifts:
-10x71
-12x71
-12x71
-12x71

Wanted to get in a good stretch and these were just what the doctor ordered. Could have gone heavier, but I think I'll up the reps on these as I could feel a better stretch towards the end of the third set and as I ran the fourth set. Still trying to get my form better on these, but, practice, practice, practice will get me there.

Hip Thrusts:
-10x10
-12x20
-20x20
-20x20

Just found out about these this week and felt I could use them. I started light to find my groove and rhythm. Finally did so on the last set. Only problem is, my bench moves so I have to be careful as I do these so I'm not sliding. I could feel a difference in the hammys, glutes, lower back and core. This will take time to get better and stronger, but Krav training is telling me how much I need to build up my core.

Leg Raises: 3 sets of 10 reps. Good to get in some ab work afterwards. I think I'll do some every other session.

Well, that's that for today. If all is well, I'll be in some great pain either tomorrow or more than likely on Saturday. I'm getting a massage that day, so it should help. Well see!

Thanks again!

I got the eye of the tiger...the EDGE!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Oh yeah,subbed!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea buddy!!!! In for sure!

- Valdez

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Two of Twenty-Five:

Not any soreness to speak of from yesterday's leg workout. Understandable as that was the very first dosage of X-Gels.

Today was arms, and I wanted to go higher rep and moderate weight, really get in a good burn going on to let all that juicy ArA do its thing. I read that it was suggested to take four pills approximately 45 minutes before training, so as to get in a good pump. Well, I've been done for almost two hours now and while I'm not as swoll as I was during the workout itself, the biceps are looking stout. Still have some leftover pumpage, to coin a phrase.

I did take a pre-workout (micro Jack3d) but I have not had this type of sustained pump from most pre-workouts I'ved used in the past. Sure, I'll get in a good one during the workout, but my arms are still holding form. I won't put this solely on X-Gels, but I know it had aided in maintaing the pump this long.

Routine:

Landmine Press:
-20x25
-15x50
-15x50
-15x60
-20x35

Over the past several weeks, I've been able to up the weight on these, so I didn't think that going to a lower weight and more reps would do much. Thankfully, I was wrong in that assessment. From the third set on, the front delts were on fire! Friggin' sweet burn! Damn things were popping and locking like Kurtis Blow (nod to Tupac.) Final set delightfully brutal.

Landmine Laterals:
-3x15x10

I thought the final landmine set was brutal, these bastards came with a vengeance. Stupid burn on these buggers! Shoulders looked like cannonballs and I had not had a nice, overall pump like that in probably ever. I loved it! Took everything I had, but...got 'em!

Shrugs:
-3x20x50 lb plates

YIKES! I've been doing these via a barbell, but opted for the plates themselves so as to get in a better stretch. It worked. After I set them down, the traps were so activated, they were jumping up on their own. Killer! Good pump just the same!

Close-Grip Bench Press:
-10x100
-8x100
-10x100
-9x100

These can be tricky on me at times, due to the left shoulder. Seems that the further along I go (as well as rest) the better the shoulder gets. As such, the left triceps is not up to par with the right, so I make sure the bar's balanced during each press. I felt it today on the left triceps.

Standing Triceps Extension:
-20x20
-15x30
-15x30

Really tried to let the triceps do all the work, the old mind-muscle connection going on. Left shoulder again gets funky, but with some patience, I was able to dial it in just right. After the second set, I could feel a stronger pump and more "heft" in the triceps, more than likely due to the nature of the stretch the exercise demands.

Barbell Curls:
-3x15x30 (using Arm Blaster)

I'd been going to heavy on these and not really getting that mind-muscle connection going on in the biceps. I trashed my ego and put on a comfortable weight where I'd fail right around fifteen reps. Found it! What a difference! Biceps were smoked and the left biceps was joining the pump party. Took all I had to finish the final set, but form was strict all the way through.

Reverse-Grip Barbell Curls:
-3x12x30

Same like above, got in a better burn and dialing-in of the biceps and upper forearms. I hate my forearms. They're puny like my calves, but, that's why I'm here, to change all that! Slow and steady wins the race and I ain't in any rush. Just enjoying the training! Final set was awesome, left arm really getting into the groove.

Two done, twenty-three to go. If X-Gels is showing early signs of working, I'd say I'm able to benefit from the pumps as stated in the write-up. If this is just a start, then I'm ready to face Clubber Lang!

GO FOR IT!!!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Day Three of Twenty-Five

Day Three of Twenty-Five:

No lifting today, just the hour of Krav Maga. It was brutal today. My cardio is weak, which is one of the reasons I signed up for it. Get the best of both worlds.

Wasn't sore this morning, but did feel it somewhat in the right glute, hammy region. Arms and shoulder don't feel too bad either and in today's session, I had to keep my arms and shoulders going quite a bit. I managed just fine.

Took two with lunch and two with a later meal.

Just keep punching, Apollo!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
This log is already off to a great start,love the detail,thanks a lot man!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Day Four of Twenty-Five

Day Four of Twenty-Five:

No workouts or training, but I did break a good sweat cleaning up my apartment. Not that it was messy, but the heat was starting to get up there and I try to only use the air at night to curb costs on the power bill. Also, did a bit of cooking for lunch and to prep my lunch for tomorrow.

I like taking two pills per meal on days I do not train. It makes it easier for me to remember and is convenient.

Mild soreness in the right arm, but nothing major. This week will be the test, though. Gonna put myself through the ringer and see how clean I can get.

Just takes time, baby, just take time. It'll come.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just for clarification are we doing weight in kg? Sorry if that was already discussed

- Valdez

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Five of Twenty-Five:

Felt some soreness in my upper hammy, lower right buttock this morning. Considering I had done squats on Thursday and some Krav on Saturday, I'm chalking this up to the Krav as the trainer put me through some grueling pre-warmups before we began. I was hoping my left would be sore as well, but wondering if that left knee is keeping it from feeling as such. Oh well. At any rate, more time was spent on my right, since it is my predominate side.

Yesterday, I came across Layne Norton's PHAT routine. It was something that sounded appealing and something along the lines of what I was hoping to incorporate on my own, but why bother, now that someone of his caliber has done so. I've decided to incorporate this type of training, albeit tailoring it to where I'm at right now and with the equipment I have at my disposal.

Today was the first day, but it will take some time to get it all into working order, even though today was a great workout and I was able to finish all my planned exercises with great energy and able to see them through. Will tweak it, obviously, as each subsequent exercise day is finished. I really like the approach and feel that the X-Gels will allow me to respond quite well.

Routine:

Bent-Over Rows:
-2x10x90 (warm-up set)
-3x4x110

I think I got a tad frisky on my warm-ups. Don't ask me why, as I myself kept wanting to know the answer to that question as well. Oh well. Chalk it up to first time goof-ups. I wanted to hit it harder on these, but I knew I would not be able to get in good form with heavier weights. Next week I'll tweak this to get it in order.

Rack Pulls:
-6x160
-8x160

Found the right hand spacing for myself. Once I did, eight was a great amount and could feel it all the way through. However, not feeling it quite as prominently in my left side as I do in my right. (As of this writing, I can feel it some what.)

Pullups: 7, 6. Bodyweight on these. In the coming months, I'll grab a belt to attach some weights to do them weighted. I was impressed that I had the power I did given I had started with the two heavy exercises first. Felt great!

Bench Press:
-12x100
-10x100
-3x5x170

The first heavy set felt light, but it got heavier on the last set, despite resting plenty of minutes in between each set. What a difference it makes, taking the proper rest time one needs to take when lifting heavy. Just barely tapped 170 last week. Gonna see if I can go for 180 next week.

Landmine Press:
-10x60
-9x70
-8x70

Didn't want to go to silly, but felt 60 was not good enough, weight wise. 70 was right on the money. Could have gone for more, but that would have been pushing failure unnecessarily.

EZ Barbell curls:
-10x40
-8x50
-8x50

Having just done these on Friday and having a had good run at 30, I upped the weight since I was going to be hitting less reps. To my surprise, the biceps responded quite well, hence the increase. 50, again, was the right amount and got in two good, heavy sets...for me at least. Again, I'll see if I can go heavier, but not at the cost of losing form.

Skullcrushers:
-10x30
-10x40
-10x40

Hadn't done these in some time, as I couldn't get the left triceps engaged properly without the shoulder getting funky on me. To my surprise, 30 was not heavy enough. 40 felt good, but I could have probably added another five pounds to the mix.

Again, as of this writing, I'm feeling some taut muscles in my back. Not cramp-wise, just knowing that they've been worked hard. Liking this routine so far. It will take time to dial in things just right, but, that's half the fun.

I did not experience the pumps like I had on Friday, but then again, I was doing moderate weight with more reps. I'll see how the planned hypertrophy days come through in the pump category.

DAG2013

Awards
Just for clarification are we doing weight in kg? Sorry if that was already discussed

- Valdez
I had same question.

Great progress so far! I just ordered an aRa supp as well, will be running it sometime this summer.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had same question.

Great progress so far! I just ordered an aRa supp as well, will be running it sometime this summer.
Awesome! LOG THAT SHIZ!!

- Valdez

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

- Valdez
Ah, I did not see this. My bad. Weight is in pounds. After doing the conversion, I hope to soon get them to their kilogram equivalent.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Awesome progress man, keep up the good work. What does your trainer have you doing for warm ups with Krav? I use to take karate and we would warm up for a half hour fallowed by an hour of training and sometimes the warm up would fatigue me more then the actual training.
The session lasts for an hour. I warm up with about four minutes of jump roping, which is hella hard, at least to go nonstop. After the first day, my the arches in my feet were killing me. Then it varies from there, depending on which routines we'll get into. I'd say it probably last for about 20-25, at most. But, during the session, he'll have me pump out 10 pushups, 10 crunches and 10 squats.

On Saturday, I had to do 10 burpees, followed by 30 mountain climbers (which I had never done) and finished up with 10 triple jump squats. I had to run that twice. I was gassed, but it felt good. I pushed myself as far as I could go and the damn thighs were swoll. There was a lot more punching and keeping my arms up that day, so the shoulders got in some more work.

"Hell you ain't been hungry since you won that belt!"

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In on this! Not sure how I missed it. Just started my X Gels on Sunday :)

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Six of Twenty-Five:

Later on in the day, I've been feeling some tightness/soreness in certain regions of the upper body. If DOMS do live up to their name, tomorrow should be fun! I'm a masochist for the soreness. I like it. A different type of mind-muscle connection...haha!

Last night I took some Slin-Sane before going to bed, having read that thread about GDA confusion. In that thread, others had posted that they often take theirs just before bed and notice deeper sleep and a leaner physique in the morning. Intrigued, I decided to give this a go. I did have said deep sleep and some intense dreams. I wouldn't say nightmares, but quite tangential in their delivery. Almost like watching a movie, yet being in it at the same time. Wild!

Woke up looking a touch leaner, but not sure how much of it was in my head. I'm almost done with my bottle, so I'll keep doing this till I'm out. If by the time I'm down I see some differences or do indeed benefit from a deeper sleep, I'll more than likely play this out and see how it fares. (Thank God I got a bonus at work--more supps....like I need them! :fool2:)

Upon closer inspection, these are loafers, er, I mean, I will have to up my food intake. Nothing major, just figuring with some weight I've gained in the past weeks, in addition to some mild fat loss, I want to take full advantage of the ArA, and to also keep my infinite bulking going on. I don't think I'll ever cut! HAHA! Not that I'm in shows or the like, I just like being big. That all might change, depending on how this year plays out.

Routine:

I warmed up with some burpees, some mountain climbers and jump squats to get the blood flowing and the sweat going on. Effective and efficient.

Squats:
-2x10x100 (warm-up)
-2x4x200
-1x5x200

Wasn't sure if I would be able to get the weight up and get in at least three reps. Everything held together and if anything, my form allowed me to finish, even though I know I need to work on my form as I finish out the set. Just something I can tell, but not hindering me in any way. There's always room to clean things up. Rested a bit longer for the final set and got out five just fine. Gonna bump this up 10 pounds next week and see how I fare. Within the last four leg workouts, I've been able to add 30 pounds on the squat.

Leg Extensions:
-2x10x60

Should have gone heavier, but again, form would have been ugly, so, what's the point. Got in ten good reps on each set, holding the squeeze at the top for a good second. Maybe I'll increase that to get more out of it.

SLDLs:
-8x90
-7x110
-8x110

As the sets go on, I always feel it more in the hammies, a better stretch, sometimes even through into the toes. This was a good sequence today.

Leg Curls:
-2x10x20

This is a weak part for me, at least going on leg curls. Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad today. Hammies felt stronger and I was able to get in clean reps all the way through. I was stoked!

Calf Raises:
-10x50
-10x100
-8x110

Will need to tweak these again. Hadn't done weighted calf raises in some time. I want to get in a deep stretch, but also go heavy. All about finding that right balance.

"He ain't gonna kiss ya, he gonna kill ya!"

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Crap bro you are running this!?!? im in! ill be running this in 2-3 weeks.. I got two bottles. 6-8 pre workout 4x per week.

Mike

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I sure am! SNS granted me a bottle to run for them. I like your approach with using them on workout days. Hadn't thought about that. You gonna run a log during your run?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The DOMS will come, don't you worry!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Seven of Twenty-Five:

A full week running X-Gels now. I'm seeing the start of some nice definition. It feels like a mild pump, but I'll say that the muscles are starting to come together, a la The Beatles, and feel firmer. This is exactly what I wanted and if it is only the beginning, then I'm in for more of the same.

No workout today. Today was rest and take things easy. I get back at it tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Something's always seems missing when I don't workout. I knew I missed, having taken such a long break--too long in fact--but now, it seems like I plan my entire life around when I lift and what exercises I do. It certainly has brought some much needed discipline in my life, but it's a great joy, something I look forward to.

Something to be said about the immediacy of hitting goals and watching your body transform. Sure it takes time, but the results are so satisfying, once you reach them, it doesn't seem as it took that long. I'm thankful I got back into the game!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day Seven of Twenty-Five:

A full week running X-Gels now. I'm seeing the start of some nice definition. It feels like a mild pump, but I'll say that the muscles are starting to come together, a la The Beatles, and feel firmer. This is exactly what I wanted and if it is only the beginning, then I'm in for more of the same.

No workout today. Today was rest and take things easy. I get back at it tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Something's always seems missing when I don't workout. I knew I missed, having taken such a long break--too long in fact--but now, it seems like I plan my entire life around when I lift and what exercises I do. It certainly has brought some much needed discipline in my life, but it's a great joy, something I look forward to.

Something to be said about the immediacy of hitting goals and watching your body transform. Sure it takes time, but the results are so satisfying, once you reach them, it doesn't seem as it took that long. I'm thankful I got back into the game!

There's definitely something to be said about goal attainment. The funny thing about the hobby of bodybuilding is usually you're never satisfied. Once you reach where you wanted to get, you set another goal, and continually strive for progression. It most certainly teaches a pretty useful habit that hopefully translates into other aspects of your life.

Keep up the good work. You should soon start seeing some pretty fun effects

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Very true. I've noticed that about me. Once I reach that goal, another comes up!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Eight of Twenty-Five:

Good workout today. Taking a bit to get used to this routine, but I'm enjoying it so far. After I showered, I noticed that the my veins are looking greener than usual, as though they're slightly glowing, but not full on radiation status, more like their color is coming through more prominently than I've known them to be. It's only happened once. Not that I'm complaining. It's giving me a freaky look that I like.

Routine:

Bent-Over Rows: (for speed)
-2x15x60 (warm-up)
-2x3x90
-4x3x100

90 felt too light, but 100 didn't feel that much heavier. Either I'll up the weight next week or take a shorter rest period. Still, got in a good session with these, trying to pull the weight as fast as possible and maintain solid form. All about learning.

Rack Pulls:
-3x10x100

Started at 150 and knew it'd be a struggle to get up to at least eight reps. Lowered the weight immediately and cranked them out. Weight was good and got through these just fine.

T-Bar Rows:
-12x80
-11x80
-11x80

Stopped short of reaching failure. Knew it was coming up and could have belted out the last set, but per the instructions on this routine, going to failure is not necessary and not advised. On the first set, I gripped the handle more so with my fingers than with a tight grip. Trying to make them like hooks. I could feel it in the left side more so, considering it's not up to speed like the right. 80 felt light at first...the further I went along, it was just right.

Shrugs:
-15x50lb weight plates
-12x50lb weight plates

On the second set, I rested the fat part of my fingers on the handles of the plates. Got in a better stretch on the traps and it showed up as getting to 12 was taxing. Good stuff.

One-Arm Cable Rows: (via resistance band)
-12x25
-20x20

A bit tricky getting these engaged. Had planned on going with pullovers, but figured I'd give these a go. I think I'll opt for my rope attachment and work this exercise that way, pulling towards the knees. The bands I have were too much weight so I had to get a bit creative to get something going. All about learning!

Landmine Press:
-16x50
-15x50
-13x50

Sweet! 50 doesn't sound like much, but once you reach the teens, the burns ensues. Good...I want the ArA to take full advantage of the higher reps, and the entire PHAT routine as a whole. I love these, but might go to seated presses next week just to give the muscles a different workout.

Landmine Laterals:
-15x10
-12x10
-13x10

Burn, baby, burn! Great session belting these out. I feel the left shoulder is getting better and trying to get back into it's rightful place. Slow and steady wins the race.

"And the way to get it back, is to go back to the beginning. Know what I'm saying?"

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Nine of Twenty-Five:

Good leg workout today. Was able to walk afterwards, so, not certain how good it was. HAHA! Noticing better mass in the upper thigh region and more taut hammies. I might not get to Tom Platz level, but if I can get some good size and noticeable definition, I'll be happy.

Routine:

Squats (for speed):
-2x10x80 (warm-up)
-6x3x130

I wasn't sure how I'd fare on these, but it all came together beautifully. I could have upped the weight, but I need to work on my explosion coming out of the hole, so in essence, I dialed it in right. First time with all of this so I need to pace myself and live to lift another day.

Leg Extensions:
-14x50
-13x50
-12x70
-12x70

Good, mild burn here. Felt upper quads squeezing and getting more involved than I've known them to. All around, it worked beautifully. I was a tad skeptical as to how this would all pan out for me, but the more I went at it, the better it got.

SLDL:
-11x60
-12x60
-10x60

Sweet stretch and good burn. I can feel the hammies getting stronger and the muscles going all the way down to my heels. Feel more stabilized and steady.

Leg Curls:
-2x12x20

Still weak on these, but it's all good. Left hammy can get funky on me, but it all blended just nicely today.

Calf Raises: 3 sets of 30 toes straight, 30 toes out and 30 toes in

These always kill me the next day. I might be feeling it for a while. LOVELY!

So far so good. Alls well that trains well!

PEACE!

"THERE IS NO TOMORROW!"

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Dirty D!

Funny thing about burpees: it wasn't until last month that I had every actually done them. We had a work wellness retreat and were split up into teams. It was an obstacle course setup and one of the stations was burpees. I gave it a go and was spent! So taxing on the body. I didn't mind them too much and since doing them with the krav training, it's been fun. I'm a masochist like that! HAHA!

Solid pic!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Ten of Twenty-Five:

Had some nice pumps with today's workout. Overall, I'm having a nice tightening of the muscles, as though bags of sand are slowly filling up. I know part of it, a good majority is due to the X-Gels. I have not changed my diet much, save for eating more and this is the first week following the PHAT routine. It's all blending together quite nicely and I feel my body is making the most of what ArA has to offer. No DOMS, but I'm sure that will all change.

If anything, it feels like when I was exercising as a teen, at around 15, 16 years old. Muscles got tighter with each lifting session and I had good definition and separation, despite eating like a teen would, even one that knew better and not training with a dedicated routine. Flash-forward nearly 20 years later, and I feel I have better musculature than at that age. But, I feel my body is beginning to get primed to have that advantage I did all those years ago. No wonder it stated in the write-up to take this with a good test booster. It can only aid in augmenting one's hard training and solid nutrition.

Routine:

Flat Bench Press: (for speed)
-2x12x70 (warm-up)
-3x3x115
-3x3x120

Wasn't sure how this would all play out, what with the funky left shoulder. But, 115 felt good, but I knew I could up it five more pounds and still take advantage. Worked out just fine.

Incline Bench Press:
-12x100
-10x100
-9x100

Wasn't sure how heavy to go, then remembered it's all about hypertrophy on these days. 100 was just right and had good movement all the way through.

Incline Pushups: 3x12. I like doing these. Helps out the shoulders and triceps, and get in a good burn, stretch on the pecs. Twelve doesn't sound like much until you reach nine, then it does!

EZ Barbell Curls:
-12x40
-10x40
-10x40

Good pump and good stretch. Really let the biceps do all the lifting, engaging them so they could make the most of it.

Hammer Curls:
-2x12x15

These always kill the left biceps and forearm. Got a good pump all the way through. Could barely move my arms as they were quite engorged from the prior exercise. Need to work on these.

One-Arm Cable Curls: (via resistance band)
-2x15x20

Left biceps needs help. Always inferior to the right. I think it all has to do with how the left shoulder feels. Takes a while to get the proper alignment to the biceps does the curling. It's also weak, so, will take time to get this in shape. Still, it all benefited just the same.

Skullcrushers:
-12x30
-10x40
-10x40

30 felt light and 40 was good. Went slower and had better control on these than I have had in the past. Left triceps is getting in a better stretch and about 2 hours after I had finished, I could see it starting to pop out, right where it meets the left delt. Tears of joy at seeing that. Hard work is paying off. Now....it's GO time!

Cable Pressdowns: (via resistance band)
-2x15x25

I can feel the left shoulder moving as I start these, but once I get it going, usually after the first rep on the first set, all is well. Burn city for these mofos. Loved each and every rep going down. Not strong on these as I'd like to be, but now I'm mad!

Cable Kickbacks: (via resistance band)
-2x15x20

Burn, burn, burn. I hope to all heck I'm sore tomorrow or even on Monday. I want to be in pain as I'm typing at work, to feel the muscle twitch with certain movements and catch myself in pain if I move too suddenly. X-GEL YEAH!!

"Yeah. You see that look in their eyes, Rock? When we fought, I trained hard, but I didn't have that look in my eyes. You had it. You won."

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
aghh feels good to be 15 or 16 again ..dont it :)

im just on my day2 .. try stacking this bad boy with sns agmatine :)

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Twelve of Twenty-Five:

Staring the second week in running PHAT. I was looking forward to today's workout since Sunday. I wanted to go heavier on bent-over rows and add another 10 pounds to my bench. I was only able to do one of those today. Bench is still lacking. But, I was humbled today on a few exercises. However, after the workout, I was swoll all over the place. Everything looked massive. Loved it!

Routine:

Bent-Over Rows: (power)
-2x12x60
-5x130
-4x150
-5x150

Definitely got in more weight this time around, especially since I didn't go so heavy on the warm-up sets. I'm slow on these, not really jerking the weight up or trying to give it another go as I reach as far top as I can go. Not sure if I should dial it down just a bit, but I am able to get in clean reps all the way through. Felt boss after I got done with these.

Rack Pulls:
-8x150
-10x150

I seem to get more reps in after the first set. Guess it is fitting since my body gets more acclimated after that first set. Got in a better stretch. Will have to focus more on my left arm position as I seem to only feel a greater burn in the right, upper side of my back. I really like belting these out.

Pullups: 7,7. I'm surprised I can do more after hitting those first two exercises. In the coming weeks--I might have said this last week--I'l be getting a belt to attach some weights. Still, was able to get in clean reps and hold form.

Bench Press:
-2x10x100
-5x170
-5x170
-4x170

Disappointed. I think I might have gassed my self with the heavy rowing, as I could only do one rep of my target weight of 180. I might have been overzealous in making such a leap. Again, nicely humbled and I could barely get to four on the last set. I've adjusted my form, trying to activate as much of the pectorals as much as possible, so, that might have contributed to this as well. I definitely felt it on the second set. Left pec not up to par as the right. Still looks good though. Next week, I'll try for 175.

Seated Overhead Press:
-12x40 (warm-up)
-8x70
-8x70
-9x70

Did a quick warm-up considering it's been some time since I last did these and wanted to get the muscles ready for more weight. Might go heavier next week and try to fail at about six reps. Shoulders felt great after this.

EZ Barbell Curls:
-10x50
-10x50
-7x60

Not much difference in weight from the hypertrophy day, but I knew that by going too heavy, I would not be activating the biceps themselves. I upped the weight on the last set. I'll probably start their next week and see if I can get six world-class reps out of it.

Skullcrushers:
-10x40
-9x50
-8x50

Rough, but solid. Right triceps much stronger than the left, but I'm focusing on keeping that bar level and not favoring the stronger side. Getting in a deeper stretch, as I notice a better pump in the upper part, where it meets the rear delt.

Again, I was swoll like mad. This was one long workout, if only because of the lengthy rest in between the power sets. I always chug BCAAs throughout the routine (ModernBCAA+) and the pre-workout gave me a good boost to keep it altogether. Just gonna keep powering through it.

"I saw you beat that man like I ain't ever seen no man get beat before and the man kept coming after you."

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to see the epic pumps and fullness are kicking in!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Dirty! Glad you're enjoying it. You're gonna love X-Gels. With your dedication to all you're doing, you'll benefit greatly.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Looking really good in here,love the detail in your updates and great work in the gym!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Thirteen of Twenty-Five:

Still going strong. Had a good workout today. Focused better and really dialed it in. Legs are getting stronger even though at times I get tentative about hitting it hard given how my knees might hold up. But, I take it slow and take all the precautions. Did a longer warm-up this time around, wanted to get as much blood warm and circulating before hitting it. I know that aided in getting through today.

Routine:

Squats:
-2x10x100 (warm-up)
-5x200
-4x200
-5x200

Second set felt odd. I don't think I had the right foot spacing for my needs. I tend to take a wider stance than shoulder-width. Not considerable, but enough to get in a good stretch. I can't sink below my knees. Mainly for comfort and safety's sake. But, the quads are getting bigger and I'm blasting through it. Will up the weight next week. Maybe 205...but an increase is an increase. All about that overall load in the long run.

Leg Extension:
-2x10x70

Was pleased with how my left leg responded to these. Toe was in line just like the right. Made me happy!

SLDL:
-3x8x110

Felt a better stretch with these on the first set. Felt it slightly more in the lower back on the subsequent sets. Still got in a good stretch. Left leg feels like a bunch of nerves are unraveling like a set of iPod headphones--from so many years of neglect and slow atrophy of the hammies. Damn good to get this in order.

Leg Curls:
-10x20
-6x30
-6x30

20 felt light which added to my enjoyment in this workout. 30 was a good struggle but a nice benchmark moving forward. Solid through and through.

Calf Raises:
-3x12x120

Not too pleased with these. Suffice it to say that my calves are a serious weak spot. Got the proverbial chicken legs. They're slowly beefing up. I 'spose I'll just add more weight, take my time and give hell.

That's all for today. Tomorrow is off day, so next update will be Thursday.

"All I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed."

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Fourteen of Twenty-Five:

Pumps look nice during the workout. Everything's swoll and if only I could stay that way! Noticing some good firming on the arms and somewhat in the chest. Also, quads. Speaking of quads, after having read this article, I will try doing as such. Gonna have to start out with much lighter weight, but, I'm willing to give it a go. My legs are a sore spot for me and I feel it might help my knee, so long as I don't get too crazy with it and keep it all in balance. I tried doing a few reps with just bodyweight and could feel a difference. It will take some time, but, what's the rush after all!

I'm still thinking I need to up my caloric and protein intake, but, finding time to eat is getting limited. I might go back to my morning shake and eat a lighter meal after my post-workout shake.

Routine:

Bent-Over Rows (for speed):
-2x10x60
-3x3x100
-3x3x105

Getting better at these. Keeping strict form and trying to raise that bar up as fast as I can solely using my back. It's working. I should have started at 105 since I was able to crank it up to 150 earlier this week. I'll shoot for 110 next week. Guess that means I'll have to crank out more on the power days. I like that idea!

T-Bar Rows:
-12x80
-12x80
-11x80

Felt good with these. They have always been a favorite of mine. I should probably go just a touch lighter for a better burn.

Meadow Rows:
-3x12x50

Used a wrist strap on these to really let the lats do the pulling. Made a difference on the right--better side--and not so much on the left--one with the funky shoulder. Still, able to get in a good sequence through and through. Perhaps lighter weight will aid me better.

Shrugs:
-15x50lb plates
-14x50lb plates

Love this! The traps start moving on their own once I'm down; the residual build-up of the motion going on. Time to get all Patrick Willis status with these!

Rope Pulldowns (via resistance band):
-2x20x25

Much better than last week's attempt with cable rows. Got in a good stretch and really let the serratus do all the work. Need to tweak the form better on these, but I like where this is going.

Seated Overhead Press:
-14x50
-12x50
-13x50

In going for a hypertrophic burn--to invent a phrase--I think I went too heavy. I should have lowered this to 40 to really burn these to 20 reps. Got it ready for next week now!

Face Pulls (via resistance band:)
-3x20x25

First time doing these. It will take time to adjust and get in the proper rhythm. Felt I got it going on with the subsequent sets. Left shoulder feels odd, but it just tells me I need to pull with the shoulder blades in better. I think it's helping that left shoulder even with this being the first time I did them.

So far so good. X-Gels is giving me what I need. If I incorporate some cardio, I might trim up the belly some. Haven't had any serious DOMS, despite killing it during the workouts, even on the power days. Again, not that I'm complaining. Perhaps the recovery aspect of Intimidate is aiding in that sense. Who knows. But I do know that with X-Gels and eating well, training hard and getting in good rest, the body is responding positively. And that's that I'm just a touch over half way done with this bottle.

"We always have to be in the middle of the action 'cause we're the warriors. "

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Fifteen of Twenty-Five:

Nice, brisk and effective workout today. Had a touch of calling this one a day, but sometimes that happens. Just gotta fight through it--Rocky status!

Routine:
Squats: (for speed)
-2x8x100
-6x3x130

Felt a better stretch in the glutes and hammies this time around. Got a better foundation from which to explode up top. Need to keep working on this to take full advantage. I'm getting there.

Leg Extension:
-20x60
-15x60
-15x60
-17x50

Good burn going in on these. Upped the reps to recruit as many fibers as possible. Lowered the weight on the last set to keep that burn going. Should have done a pyramid, but don't want to push too far.

SLDL:
-12x60
-10x60
-11x60

Second set was by far one of my best sets since doing these. I'm getting stronger in the hammies and able to really flex those bad boys all the way through. It's paying off.

Leg Curls:
-3x15x10

Good burn. Fluid control all the way through. Solid!

Calf Raises:
-3x15x100

Sometimes my left calf gets weird on me as I do these. All a result of the tricky knee. Still, finally starting to see some mild mass being developed. Gonna take many months to get there where I want them. I'm in no rush.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Nineteen of Twenty-Five:

Workout went longer than I had planned. Got out to a late start because a meeting at work went longer than it should have. I had to get another round of BCAA's towards the middle of the workout just to make sure I had enough reserve.

I wasn't tired and I seemed to hold steady as the process went on. That was a nice feeling, knowing that my body was willing to go the extra mile and ready to plow through and still hit it with intensity. I added two more exercises to today's workout than I had the past two weeks. I figured I could handle it and sure enough I did.

I think some of the inflammation of the ArA has been affecting my shoulders. It's a slight discomfort, something I know is there, but usually when I go to sleep. I think it was aggravated yesterday by having had too much coffee during the day. I guess for me, the caffeine exacerbates the inflammation.

Routine:

Bent-Over Rows: (power)
-2x12x60 (warm up)
-3x140
-4x140
-5x150

Went lower this week because I don't think I got in a good range of motion last week when I went up to 150. Rested longer in between sets and was able to get more out of it. Last set was superb. Had my best form and really pulled the weight up with all my might.

Rack Pulls:
-9x150
-10x150

Feels good. Getting better at these. Sometimes, left shoulder doesn't allow for proper stretch in the left side of my back. I'm learning to get it involved to get that side up and running. Slowly...slowly.

Pullups:
-6,6. I did full on, going all the way down and all the way to chest level, using a wide grip. I somehow have greater strength after running the first two exercises so when I get to these, it's all gravy.

Pullovers:
-10x50
-10x50

Added this one today. Got in a nice stretch and good pull in the lats. Felt better on the second set. Will keep running these and maybe add more weight next week, about five pounds to see how I fare.

Bench: (power)
-2x10x100 (warm up)
-4x170
-5x170
-5x170

Got in a better hand spacing on the final sets so I was able to push the weight up better. I should have added more weight, but I was pleased it went up like it did. I need to seriously work on this stuff and might do some stabilizing exercises on Saturday's routine.

Dips:
10, 10. Hadn't been able to crank out ten before, let alone with the ease with which I was able to do them. This routine has helped, as well as the ArA in giving me a boost in strength. It's all blending perfectly.

Seated Overhead Press:
-10x40 (warm up)
-3x8x70

Solid! Felt good pain, the kind of muscle fibers tearing and searing to get stronger. Helped my back out too.

Barbell Curls:
-9x60
-8x60
-8x60

Exactly what I had wanted. I upped the weight on got in clean reps. I had to force the final two but I was determined to get up to 8.

Skullcrushers:
-10x50
-8x60
-8x60

Getting better at these.

Getting friggin' stronger all the way around. Loving it. Eating right, eating lots, training hard, resting up. It's all coming into place and with good balance and rhythm.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Twenty of Twenty-Five:

Today was a day where some things did not go right. First, I forgot my breakfast at home, so I had to buy some sausage sandwiches at the local Starbucks. Just upset that I wasted a perfectly good omelete. Then, when I started to make my BCAA drink for the workout, I spilled all the water I had, making a mess.

As I warmed up, I wasn't sure if I would even go through the workout as my lower right abdomen seems to be hurting somewhat. Nothing major, just feels like either some serious DOMS or if I inadvertently pulled something a while back. So, it took longer to warm up and stretch. After the first warm up squat set, I didn't think I would see it through, taking the signs of my earlier snafu's to heart.

F-that! I went through it anyways. I had some serious energy and anger built up, so I needed to plow through and use up what I had.

It all worked!

Routine:

Squats:
-2x10x100 (warm up)
-3x220
-3x220
-4x220

Wasn't sure if I could get through with the increase in weight, but sure enough I saw it through. Made sure to distribute the weight evenly as I can sense at times my right side wants to compensate for the left. Will stick to this poundage going into next week. Just glad I could see it through. I tried squatting below the knees, but I just cannot do it. At least not at present. Something to shoot for in the future.

Leg Extensions:
-8x80
-10x80

Wasn't sure if I was going to finish the rest of the routine after squats, but since I had got them out of the way, I went for it. These felt good. Might lower the rep count and go slower on the negative.

SLDL:
-10x100
-8x100
-9x100

By this point, I was in the workout longer than I thought I'd be, seeing how things got started. I could have done better on these and might lower the reps.

Leg Curls:
-8x30
-7x30

That I could get in a good stretch on these was great news for me.

Seeing as I was off my game when the day started, I put in the work to keep on trucking. I was mainly glad that I got through it all and was able to increase the weight on the squat. Legs hurt not. Feels great!

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update bro ? Besides strength do you notice increase in cardio ?

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I had to stop for a bit. I either pulled a groin or an abdominal muscle. Gonna try to get back into the groove this Thursday. I think I went too far last week.

I haven't done much, if any, cardio with the X-Gels. I have noticed good muscle fullness and firmness, especially in the arms and legs--both hammies and quads. Got five days left, but I could see how a 50-day run, with a caloric increase, specifically protein, would really bring enhance a person's training and diet.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Hey all!

Sorry for the sudden drop off. I think I tweaked something during the last workout. Nothing serious, just need to rest up for the past two weeks before going at it again. Suffice it to say, I'm done with X-Gels.

I'll post up a final review this weekend. In short, I enjoyed my run with X-Gels and think a full 50-day run would benefit anyone training hard and eating right, especially in surplus, with high protein intake.

Had good pumps during the workouts and muscle fullness I had not achieved on a few other supps I've sampled.

One might think the price is expensive, but, figure this: if a 50-day run costs, on average, $75, that comes in at about $1.50/day. If you're a Starbucks coffee-only drinker like me, that's a tall coffee. (Though I've long since curbed my tall coffees.) Either way, not a bad investment for something natural and that will augment heavy lifting and solid eating.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how's ya injury coming a lot bro ?

glad u enjoy'd the run, yea I'm a coffee/redbull drinker spend way too much loot on it

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Feeling much better, thanks for asking. I was gonna write my review this weekend but got busy with other tasks.

I did enjoy the run and I think one might benefit from using 8 pills per day on workout days. I tried this on the last days of my run and could feel some good DOMS later on in the week, more so than just using four. I'm a masochist--I love feeling the soreness after a workout.

RedBull, eh? Yeah, that's usually $3 a can, so, that's two days worth of X-Gels! HAHA

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I didn't do any cardio during my run. I had planned to do so during the final week and that's when I got hurt.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW

X-Gels Final review:

Well, though I didn't get to finish all 25 days with my workout routine, I still enjoyed every single day I took X-Gels.

Benefits:
-heightened muscle fullness
-quality pumps during workouts
-mild leanness, despite lack of cardio
-good strength increases each week

On the last few days, I was taking 8 pills per workout day and none on days I didn't train. I noticed significant DOMS going that route and if you like that type of pain as I do, you'll be in for a treat.

I did not up my protein as much as I would have liked. I averaged around 1g per pound of bodyweight. With more, say, 1.5g/lb, you will truly take advantage of what X-Gels has to offer, as far as I can tell.

Recommendations:
-increase protein (you might want to limit carb intake and/or see where you can fit them into your diet)
-take 8/day on training days. None when you don't train. (Not sure how this would impact days of cardio, as I did not do any cardio so you may want to reference someone who did as such for a better understanding.) Also, following this method, I would say if you're going for 2 bottles, that may be good enough to saturate your body. I base this on the label's recommended dosage of 50 days, which is 2 bottles. Therefore, once you finished both bottles, take a break.

-lift heavy (This might sound like a no-brainer, but I think it could only amplify said training. I switched up my routine about 2/3 into my run and was better for it.)
-take with a quality test booster, one that you respond well to

It's a good investment and a supplement you can feel working. Maybe not in the Spider-Man sense where your entire DNA is changing overnight and you get masive without doing anything. But, with an already sound diet and concentrated lifting, it will boost and augment what you're doing.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No pain no gain .. Love dodoms great review bro.

much appreciated