Athletix New Stim PWO - The Review

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Did the stim-free last night and went with the stimmed version tonight.

After seeing JD mention dumping the powder out of the caps, I decided to try that and I'm glad I did.

Initial thoughts - The dumped out powder mixed well. Drinking the brownish concoction with the lemon flavor really tricked my brain into thinking I was drinking an Arnold Palmer. Flavor was good, a little sour at first but that was quelled by adding a little more water.

Energy/Endurance - 20 minutes after drinking I was in the gym and on the treadmill. Wasn't feeling any real noticeable energy boost...Until I started my run. The energy wasn't an overwhelming cracked out feeling but a nice steady flow of energy that was just there when you needed it. I was in the gym for an hour, 15 minutes on treadmill and then 45 minutes of weights. Had no issues with lack of energy the entire time. Actually noticed at one point close to the end of lifting that my heart rate was just thumping.. Took a rest and a drink of water and HR went back down.

Pump - Really didn't notice much as far as pump from this one.

Overall - I liked it. Good taste. No lack of energy to power through the workout. The fact that the energy is kind of subdued and comes out when you need it is nice. I had a plan when I got to the gym, that plan changed as I found myself adding sets and exercises. Funny story, the biggest guy at my gym was there tonight. This dude is all kinds of swole...up top. Dude has spaghetti legs though. While I was on the calf raise machine, I saw him on the leg press with 10 plates and he was doing those 2 inch presses. No ROM at all. I was feeling good from the pwo, so I went over and asked him if I could work in for a set. I got in the seat and knocked out 12 full ROM reps, got up and walked off. Moral of the story: Gym membership - $15/month; Athletix new pwo sample - Free; Showing up the biggest guy in the gym - PRICELESS.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome review!

aha thats awesome you knocked out 12 with full range :D

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Awesome review!

aha thats awesome you knocked out 12 with full range :D
It has really started to bother me to see guys doing these 2" movements. If you're going to put the weight on there, learn how to move it properly.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has really started to bother me to see guys doing these 2" movements. If you're going to put the weight on there, learn how to move it properly.
Haha thats a kickass story and another great review. Athletix and the Cap'n making it happen!

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see that a lot as well...... saw a guy curling in the squat rack tonight as well..... I hate that lol

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards