Attacking joh408's Fat with Finaflex - sponsored

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Hey all, first off, thank you to everybody at Finaflex for selecting me for this log. This is gonna be an amazing 60 day run!
EAA91C17-4DD5-4DF0-B85F-DAED32C02D77-6762-0000031C2DFBFC9E_zps3d7c7fba.jpg

Main Supps:
Creatrona
PX Black
ALC - CLA

Other Supps:
ON Whey
Bulk MBCAA
Hemavol/Enhanced

Stats:
20 years old
5'8"
180 lbs

Measurements:
Waist - 31.5"
Chest - 39"

Diet:

Starting at 2400 kcal and reducing each week fat loss stalls down to 1900 if necessary
Using CKD with carb refeeds on Friday/Saturday
IF protocol followed

Training:
Starting with another 4 week mesocycle of 5/3/1. Maybe change to GVT for 2nd 4 weeks
LISS for 15 minutes post workout. HIIT from hockey at least twice a week
Maxes tested 4 weeks ago, I'll retest at the end of this run to see my strength difference:
Bench - 215 Deadlift - 315 Squat - 340 OHP - 140

This is going to be a cut so here's to hoping I can look and feel the best I can for summer!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Hell ya! Thanks for joining in for the ride, can't wait to start it tomorrow

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And so it begins :)

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for joining DW!
Today I started off my day with 2 caps PX Black to access tolerance. I was sweating pretty good in class, more than usual. Had to wear a hoody and a long sleeve since it was 30 out with a bunch of snow on the ground. Good thing I have the hoody since my pits are out of control haha. Pics up later from this morning for a baseline. Should still be around 180. Gonna pick up a scale so I can have consistent weigh ins.

This is gonna be my dosing schedule. Feel free to correct me on anything if its wrong
Workout day:
Morning:
2 PX Black
2 ALC CLA
PreWorkout:
1 PX Black
4 Creatrona
Meals:
2 ALC CLA with all 3 big meals

Nonworkout Days:
Morning:
2 PX Black
2 Creatrona
2 ALC CLA
Mid Day:
1 PX Black
2 Creatrona
Meals:
2 ALC CLA with each meal

joh408

Awards
  • Established

Bad pic quality and a small mirror but that's the best I got at home. Next time at the gym I'll snap some better pics but that should start us off.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I spit mine up on non-workout days.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I spit mine up on non-workout days.
i'm sure that was a typo :p
yeah i've split mine as well in past, just not convinced there is any real benefit to it
if splitting doesn't make it more "difficult" or tedious for you, go for it

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm sure that was a typo :p
yeah i've split mine as well in past, just not convinced there is any real benefit to it
if splitting doesn't make it more "difficult" or tedious for you, go for it
Yah I just take them with other pills don't know if there is any benefit... preworkout it's all about the powda....

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We in here!! Kill it bro.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for joining! I just figured doing my preworkout dose all at once and then on off days I could split it.

I'm loving the smooth energy of PX Black. No weird heart stuff like what I got on Dexaprine. Took 2 in the AM and 1 preworkout. I left the gym drenched in sweat and feeling good. Tried doing GVT but I think I am going back to 5/3/1. My gym is too packed for the supersets and it took quite a long time.

Workout:
Bench:
125 lbs - 10,10,10,10,10,10,8,7,7,6 reps
Supersetted with Pull Ups:
10,8,8,7,7,7,6,6,4,4 reps

Incline DB Flys:
20 lbs - 12,10,10 reps
Supersetted with Hammer Iso Rows:
80 lbs - 10,10,10 reps

Felt pumped up but I hurt my shoulder. Going back to 5/3/1 tomorrow for time constraints

Feeling great so far, lots of energy, 2nd dose around 3 so I'll see if it affects sleep.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
welcome to my world :p

splitting your creatrona up eh? interesting
Haha ya it's a rough life not being able to snap some good selfie pics

I figured I would dose all at once on workout days so splitting it up on nonworkout days kinda made sense.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Diet today. Carbs a little high but majority were post workout. Calories low:

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys and your inability to take noods....gotta get a timer cam fellas!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot of photo idiots around my place too...

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Haha I only got my iphone for pics, or my gopro but I'm not sure that the fish eye lens would be good for noods. I might tell one of my roommates to take my pics for me from now on... I'm sure they'll understand.
Me: "Hey could you take some pics of me flexing?"
Them: "Uhhh..."
Me: "Hold on lemme just get my clothes off, gotta get in the right light"
Them: "o_O"
hahaha

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Me: "Hold on lemme just get my clothes off, gotta get in the right light"
Them: "o_O"
all good in da hood brogan
what happens between us fellas, stays between us fellas

:blink:

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Haha I think they expect it now. I usually never have a shirt on at home and rocking some short shorts so it's pretty close.

2 PX Black, 2 ALC CLA down about an hour ago, energy is solid right now. Usually not up this early but I have a few papers to write and classes in a few hours so I thought I'd get a head start on the day. I think gym time today will be limited to dumbbells ranging up to 40 lbs at my house. Maybe give GVT another shot with the dumbbells. Thinking dips off my bench supersetted with some curls for the main exercise and then lateral raises supersetted with one arm side lat raises. Should work out nicely.

Gonna do a song of the day from my workout playlist. First song:
Yelawolf - Catfish Billy *Lot of cussing for anyone who would be offended*:
[video=youtube;o6KYUaazWFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6KYUaazWFk[/video]

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good song man. You have a decent set up at home for lifting? It's one of my dreams lol.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely a dope song!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Glad there's some Yela fans on here. He is one of my favorite rappers right now

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Good song man. You have a decent set up at home for lifting? It's one of my dreams lol.
I wish. It's one of my dreams too, once I graduate and get into the real world haha. I just have a bench that goes flat to 90 degrees and dumbbells that go up to 40 lbs. Usually ill knock out some light chest, arms or shoulders watching tv if its a rest or leg day. Today I used it for GVT since its more volume and less weight.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Finished 1 essay and then knocked out a GVT style workout.
Bench Dips with feet on a stool:
10 sets of 10 reps no weight added
Supersetted with Hammer Curls:
10 sets of 10 reps of 20 lbs
Lateral Raises:
3 sets of 12 reps of 15 lbs
Supersetted with Lying One Arm Lateral Raise:
3 sets of 12 reps of 12 lbs

Not a bad workout for doing it at home. Got some carbs post workout. Been trying it out and I still feel as lean as I did doing CKD. Ill check the scale tomorrow or Saturday to make sure it is not hindering results since I'm trying to get cut for summer.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even when I was doing keto I would get 90% of my carbs post workout. Also are you training fasted?

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Ya I train fasted. Depends on the time of day but usually I'll have 12g MBCAA preworkout and break the fast after the workout.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya I train fasted. Depends on the time of day but usually I'll have 12g MBCAA preworkout and break the fast after the workout.
Same thing I would do. How many carbs a day might I ask?

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Same thing I would do. How many carbs a day might I ask?
Non-lifting days less than 30g net. Lifting days around 60-90g with majority coming post workout nowadays. I used to stick to less than 40g per day no matter what day.

Edit: Forgot to add I refeed on Friday/Saturday.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Non-lifting days less than 30g net. Lifting days around 60-90g with majority coming post workout nowadays. I used to stick to less than 40g per day no matter what day.
Wow..do you ever have a refeed day? How long have you been on this diet?

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Oh ya my bad forgot to mention my refeeds on Friday, Saturday or both if I feel like it. Usually hit like 300-350g carbs on refeeds. Man that would be terrible with no refeeds! Need to edit that. I've been doing CKD since December. Dropped 20 lbs since January so just hoping to up the fat loss with this stack.

BTW, congrats on becoming a Finaflex rep!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh ya my bad forgot to mention my refeeds on Friday, Saturday or both if I feel like it. Usually hit like 300-350g carbs on refeeds. Man that would be terrible with no refeeds! Need to edit that. I've been doing CKD since December. Dropped 20 lbs since January so just hoping to up the fat loss with this stack.

BTW, congrats on becoming a Finaflex rep!
Thanks brother! The reason I was asking is because I made the msitake of doint keto with no refeeds for lile 8 months. Carbs were under 50g every day. Lost a lot of fat but I also lost a lot of muscle. Wish I had never done it.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Thanks brother! The reason I was asking is because I made the msitake of doint keto with no refeeds for lile 8 months. Carbs were under 50g every day. Lost a lot of fat but I also lost a lot of muscle. Wish I had never done it.
Ya my main fear is compromising too much muscle when trying to drop this fat so I keep up with the refeeds to make sure my strength does not drop and it's been working well.
Kinda side story but still relevant, my buddy and I were joking around quoting Ron Swanson and he asked how many eggs I usually have. I told him 6 and he was pretty shocked, asked me if I was bulking. Told him how much weight I've dropped and he just goes you look bigger though. Felt pretty good.

Ron Swanson bacon and eggs scene if you haven't seen it:
[video=youtube;DleceyAO34M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DleceyAO34M[/video]

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Little better noodz, placed my iphone in my shoe on the dumbbell rack and took a video. Screenshotted the best ones:

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Actually that's a pretty good idea, I might have to try it

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It always good when your cutting and someone notes that you look better, gotta love it.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Diet for today. Forgot I had blood work tomorrow. Still dialing in macros:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely taking shape, not really that far to go to seeing some very decent definition

joh408

Awards
  • Established
It always good when your cutting and someone notes that you look better, gotta love it.
Definitely. I can nit pick at 10 different things on me at a time but when someone else points out something good it makes me step back and look at the strides I've made.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Definitely taking shape, not really that far to go to seeing some very decent definition
Thanks DW, I'm hoping to see a lot more definition with this run. My top couple abs are poking out a bit but I got the pouch around the lower abs and love handles that I'm trying to get rid of.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks DW, I'm hoping to see a lot more definition with this run. My top couple abs are poking out a bit but I got the pouch around the lower abs and love handles that I'm trying to get rid of.
All about diet quality...

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That part is my worst nightmare too.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The lower abdomen fat is always the last and tuffest part to get rid of. I've been down to around 7% bf and it hung around there along with the lose skin I obtained from being 300lbs. Just keep leaning up and slowly but surely it will be gone brother.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
All about diet quality...
Ya I am dialing in my macros to make the best of this run. Been losing at a good rate before this but I want to make sure I get the most I can with PX Black

That part is my worst nightmare too.
The lower abdomen fat is always the last and tuffest part to get rid of. I've been down to around 7% bf and it hung around there along with the lose skin I obtained from being 300lbs. Just keep leaning up and slowly but surely it will be gone brother.
Ya my love handles have been slimming up nicely so it'll get there

Late but in!
Thanks for joining bud

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya I am dialing in my macros to make the best of this run. Been losing at a good rate before this but I want to make sure I get the most I can with PX Black

Ya my love handles have been slimming up nicely so it'll get there

Thanks for joining bud
Just takes time bruv, stay diligent.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
PX Black is crushing my appetite. Struggling to get 2000 calories in a day, might have to move off of IF to make sure I get all my calories. I get fuller a lot faster and don't find myself hungry too often. Today I did about 30 minutes LISS, pullup sets til I couldn't get 1, pushups and situps. Got a new tattoo yesterday on my shoulder so I figured I'd take a day off.
Macros for today:

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ohhhh somebodys not hungry :) A lot of guys are reporting that the PX Black really curbs the appetite. How is the stim aspect of it? Smooth?