Bigrigg's CREignite log! (Sponsored)

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Hey guys,
I have been lucky enough to win a tub of the new CREignite by Genomyx to log for everyone. For some info on the product, here is the info from nutraplanet with a little Q&A afterwards.

Genomyx CREignite: The Evolution of Creatine Supplementation!

**DELICIOUS Watermelon Flavor!**

Getting into the creatine market we didn’t want to just pump out your same generic blends with the same generic ingredients. Most blends rarely seem to deliver much more than regular old creatine but we wanted to deliver a blend to our Fanatyx that would restore their faith in this particular category. Creatine blends have a lot of potential and if you give us a shot we’re going to show you just how far they can take your performance.Creatine Monohydrate:

Regardless of your particular sport you’ve likely already heard of creatine at some point. It’s the one supplement everyone seems to know but unfortunately few seem to have a solid of understanding of what it is and what it does. Its benefits to exercise performance has been so deeply researched and so greatly supported by the athletic community that to not use it would be crazy.A quick summary for those less experienced with creatine: Creatine monohydrate functions by increasing intracellular creatine stores (1). Creatine phosphate is a key member in the production of ATP, which is one of the main forms of energy utilized in the body. During intense exercise as ATP becomes used and converted to ADP creatine phosphate can donate its phosphate group returning it to ATP to be reutilized(5). The effect is most strongly pronounced during short bouts of power such as sprinting, weight lifting, or various other high impact sports.The impact of creatine on cell volume is more important than most tend to understand. A larger cell has more surface area and optimizes cellular life, and greatly improves cellular functions like glycogen uptake (2). Increased glycogen uptake to skeletal muscle is preferential for any athlete as it will undoubtedly lead to enhanced performance. In addition, the increased cell volume and creatine stores promote greater performance and training adaptations, effectively enhancing every workout (3).Creatine Monohydrate Overview:

• Increases in cell volume (1)
  • Increases in fat free mass (4)
  • Improves exercise performance (3)
  • Increase in skeletal muscle glycogen uptake capacity(2)
  • Improve recovery time(5)
Magnesium Creatine Chelate:

Why two different sources of creatine, wouldn’t they all have the same effect? The answer is a confusing yes and no. Creatine Monohydrate is a nice cheap source of creatine that delivers the results as promised of creatine. However many people can find GI distress with higher doses of creatine monohydrate and to get creatines effects you need to make sure you’re dosing enough to saturate creatine phosphate stores. The effect takes time and results will be subtle to non-existent in non responders or people dosing too little.This is where Magnesium Creatine Chelate, more commonly referenced as MCC, comes in to play. Anecdotal reports suggest MCC doesn’t produce the same GI distress more commonly noticed with creatine monohydrate. MCC also appears to be a superior creatine form in regards to overall effects.A study was done comparing magnesium creatine chelate supplementation to magnesium oxide and creatine supplementation. Both protocols produced similar significant increases in power compared to placebo with significant increases in peak torque and great increases in work capacity from the MCC group. The magnesium creatine chelate group had some surprisingly significant effects compared to magnesium oxide and creatine supplementation group(6).The researchers also measured the effects both groups had on water composition of the body including intracellular, extracellular and total body water retention. It was found that only the magnesium creatine chelate group had a significant increase in intracellular water retention and significant decrease in extracellular water retention and researchers attributed this to a better uptake of creatine(6).This is the volumizing effect of the cell we are looking for with creatine that will also produce significant improves in how your physique looks as muscle bellies expand with water. Beyond the effects of the creatine, MCC also supplies a significant amount of magnesium. Magnesium is important for a host of biological functions including energy production and exercise has the potential to reduce magnesium status in athletes(7). ATP production from myokinase and creatine kinase reactions require magnesium(6). However few studies have produced the favorable direct results on exercise performance that are sought with solely magnesium supplementation. Regardless it is an important mineral and from an overall health perspective it’s nice to know MCC is helping to maintain optimal magnesium status.Magnesium Creatine Chelate Overview:

• Improvements in exercise performance greater than that of general creatine monohydrate supplementation
  • Greater increases in intracellular body water
  • Helps maintain optimal magnesium status
Let’s not forget it should also add to all the effects of general creatine monohydrate supplementation with enhancements in a few areas. Why use both? We wanted a cost effective creatine that gave an extra kick you’re looking for with Genomyx.Orotic Acid

This lesser known compound has a variety of benefits to enhancing exercise performance but most commonly referenced are its various impacts on ATP pools. ATP (adenosine- triphosphate ) is an important substrate in energy utilization in humans and other animals and is rapidly depleted by intense exercise (8).Orotic acid enhances ATP pools through varying mechanisms, but more commonly noted are its ability to increase levels of the nucleosides uridine and cytidine. Uridine is capable of increasing myocardial ATP through anaerobic glycolysis (9). Through abilities to increase hepatic release pyrimidine nucleosides, orotic acid can be cardio-protective by preventing the depletion of adenine nucleotides in infarcted hearts (10). Increases in uridine should also correlate to increases in muscular uptake of glucose, glycolysis, and myocardial performance under normal and hypoxic conditions (13).More simply put, orotic acid has the potential to increase ATP pools under stressful conditions such as exercise and can enhance performance.Another plausible mechanism for orotic acid’s benefits to exercise is its ability to increase the formation of beta-alanine (11). Beta-alanine is well known for its benefits to increase muscular carnosine stores and boost athletic performance during endurance exercise (12).Orotic Acid Review:

• Increases ATP pools
  • Cardioprotective
  • Enhances muscular glycogen stores through increased uptake
  • Increases beta-alanine formation
Astragalus Membranaceus

From here on out we’ll just refer to this herb as Astra. It’s one of the 50 fundamental herbs of traditional Chinese medicine and has many promising effects on the body for athletes its absurd.It is studied widely for its immune system strengthening qualities which is an area where athletes can suppress their own abilities to fight of illness (14). Astra has been studied in many rodent models to show it can help promote immune function (15) but it’s also proved its worth in bigger trials. In an open clinical trial 115 patients with leukopenia received either a high dose or low dose Astra preparation. Leukopenia is a disease in which an individual has a low white blood cell count leaving them more vulnerable to infection. In both dosing groups Astra significantly elevated white blood cell count substantially boosting their immune function(16).Healthy in more ways than one Astra is also excellent for cellular and mitochondrial health. Mitochondrial health specifically is a key factor for health and longevity and athletes who train strenuously may overwhelm their own bodies mechanisms for protecting them(17). Lipid peroxidation being a key damaging factor to the mitochondrial membrane fluidity(18) can be greatly inhibited by Astra(20). The heart is especially vulnerable to this damaging process making Astra an excellent add to any individual looking to not only build a better physique but a healthier one as well(19).It makes us healthier, cool but how much is that really going to do for me? Fret not Fanatyx because Astra’s been field tested as well for actual performance enhancing qualities and looking at the science it’s going to do a lot for you. Animal models have shown Astra to significantly reduce symptoms of lethargy and weakness in chronically fatiguing trials where the animals were over worked and underfed (21). This is a situation not that unfamiliar with athletes who can be overzealous with their training and often go too far to recover. For this reason competitive body builders and physique athletes will greatly appreciate what Astra does for them as they train for many weeks on hypocaloric diets to get into peak condition for competitions.Will I notice that in the gym, what if I’m eating plenty and go to bed on time, will it really do much? Actually yes, Astra has been shown in animal models using rodents and forced swimming trials that it can significantly extend swimming time and enhance endurance capacity(22). It also slows blood lactate accumulation and reduces serum BUN levels post exercise. Elevated BUN(blood urea nitrogen) levels can cause symptoms of lethargy so using Astra can reduce that post workout fatigue you might be accustomed to. It’s shown to be cardio protective in vivo in rodent models through its antioxidative and nitric oxide inducing properties(23).Astragalus Membranaceus Review:

• Protective of athletes immune function
  • Protective of cellular and mitochondrial health
  • Cardioprotective
  • Fights chronic fatigue symptoms
  • Enhances endurance capacity
  • Positively modulates BUN levels after exercise
CREignite Overview:

Now you can see how this isn’t your generic run of the mill creatine blend, it’s going to impact multiple areas of your training abilities. With creignite you’ll see PR’s not only on your one rep max but also great increases in athletic performance and endurance capacity over all. It’s a creatine blend taken to the next level so we can give any athlete that edge their looking for.Creignite Total Mechanism of Action:

• Increases ATP pools enhancing performance capacity
  • Cardioprotective
  • Enhances muscular glycogen stores through increased uptake
  • Increases beta-alanine formation
  • Protective of athletes immune function
  • Protective of cellular and mitochondrial health
  • Fights chronic fatigue symptoms
  • Enhances endurance capacity
  • Positively modulates BUN levels after exercise
  • Increases in cell volume
  • Increases in fat free mass
  • Improves exercise performance
  • Increase in skeletal muscle glycogen uptake capacity
  • Improve recovery time
  • Improvements in exercise performance greater than that of general creatine monohydrate supplementation
  • Greater increases in intracellular body water
  • Helps maintain optimal magnesium status
CREignite Q&A: A Discussion Between NutraPlanet & Genomyx:

NutraPlanet: "Does it need to be loaded?"
Genomyx: "No, Creignite is designed to be a once daily product."
NutraPlanet: "Do people need to take it with carbs or some food?"
Genomyx: "No, creignite can be taken whenever you chose."
NutraPlanet: "Whens the best time to take it?"
Genomyx: "Given the effect the ingredients can have acutely on exercise performance we like to use it pre workout. However, you’re welcome to dose it whenever you think best fits your schedule and reap great benefits from it still."
NutraPlanet: "What will this do to my natural hormone levels?"
Genomyx: "Creatine is perfectly safe for your endocrine system. It may increase baseline levels of DHT but they will return to their normal levels once you decide to stop using creatine(24)."
NutraPlanet: "Isn’t creatine dangerous? It puts more stress on the kidneys to filter creatinine right?"
Genomyx: "Long term studies have found no indication of damage to the kidneys after years of supplementation in healthy athletes (25). Other long term studies have also indicated no increase in exercise related injury due to creatine supplementation(26). Like with every creatine product, make sure and drink plenty of water when using CREignite."
NutraPlanet: "Will people lose their strength gains after they stop using it?"
Genomyx: "Creatine does only produce a short term increase in strength and once you cycle off creatine levels will begin to decline. However, an increase in exercise intensity and work load from creatine will accelerate your progress and you’ll retain some strength increases."
NutraPlanet: "What is best thing to mix with CREignite?"
Genomyx: "Preferably water but feel free to add it to any of your favorite drink mixes(protein shakes, juices, etc)."
NutraPlanet: "Should people cycle off this product?"
Genomyx: "Everything should be cycled at some point but Creignite is perfectly safe to dose long term."

Coming off of a week off due to some health issues i had to take care of. Today will be my first day back in the gym for some chest! not going to try and break any PR's or anything, just tear it up a little bit.

Should be a fun ride! Any questions feel free to ask.

weight:185
bf: ~12%

pics shortly!

Sorry for wall of text for you app users!

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Wow, i wasn't gonna post anything until later review wise but....
The
Flavor
Is
AMAZING!

Tastes like watermelon jolly ranchers! wowww
Ok chest time

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In for PRs en masse and taste bud blasts. D

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Felt pretty strong being my first workout in almost a week. Had to hold myself back from doing heavy weight, just to be safe. Got a hell of a pump and improved endurance when I was doing dips.

More to come.

A

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
I love that first workout back. And, even more so, when I got some tasty CreIgnite to sip on :D

I have actually been enjoying using it intra, since its so light and refreshing. Very excited to see what y'all can do together!

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I love that first workout back. And, even more so, when I got some tasty CreIgnite to sip on :D

I have actually been enjoying using it intra, since its so light and refreshing. Very excited to see what y'all can do together!
I dosed mine pre with a scoop of Jack3d micro. For intra I drink 50g karbolyn and 10g BCAA.

Any reason you dose Intra? or just convenience/tasty water? lol

Tyler44

Tyler44

Awards
Wow, i wasn't gonna post anything until later review wise but....
The
Flavor
Is
AMAZING!

Tastes like watermelon jolly ranchers! wowww
Ok chest time
Yes it is! Glad you feel the same way. Looking forward to this log

A

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
Only cause its super tasty, light, and crisp. No specific reason at allDid you try it solo, or mixed with Jack3d? Either way I'm sure it was tasty, but try it solo if not...its really amazingly delicious. I even split my dose so I have 1 scoop in the AM and 1 in the PM, so I can drink more of it :D

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Only cause its super tasty, light, and crisp. No specific reason at allDid you try it solo, or mixed with Jack3d? Either way I'm sure it was tasty, but try it solo if not...its really amazingly delicious. I even split my dose so I have 1 scoop in the AM and 1 in the PM, so I can drink more of it :D
haha, first time I had it was solo, yesterday it was mixed in jack3d. I am going to dose today solo as well b/c it is super tasty. I got back day today with my trainer, its gonna be brutal.

Tyler44

Tyler44

Awards
haha, first time I had it was solo, yesterday it was mixed in jack3d. I am going to dose today solo as well b/c it is super tasty. I got back day today with my trainer, its gonna be brutal.
Ready to see this workout, hopefully he pushes you.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Ready to see this workout, hopefully he pushes you.
I'll try and log it, he usually does some fancy **** that's not on any apps so I'll just have to know what to type lol

Starting soon

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Had an awesome workout, kinda got cheated out of 15 min though, felt like I was gonna die. I think it's cuz of these Antibiotics I'm on, luckily only a few more days of that left.

A

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
Damn working out on antibiotics is always challenging, those meds make me feel like sh!t. Glad you still banged out a solid workout bro I'm impressed

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Update when I come home, sorry for gap been really pressed for time lately

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Been taking the two scoops everyday as directed and definetly noticing an increased recovery time between sets. I have a chest workout today I'll log it this time for you guys.

sry for lack of updates been really busy with school and family stuff. should be smooth sailing from here on out though.

Tyler44

Tyler44

Awards
Been taking the two scoops everyday as directed and definetly noticing an increased recovery time between sets. I have a chest workout today I'll log it this time for you guys.

sry for lack of updates been really busy with school and family stuff. should be smooth sailing from here on out though.
Its ok man, things come up. Looking forward to these coming workouts though :D

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
definetly man, I got heavy deadlifts tomorrow and will try and get a good video of it and post it on my youtube to link for you guys.

Weighing around 185 right now, current PR is 405 for 4 reps right now, might try and beat it tomorrow if my trainer lets me, he's wary about injuries though so we will see.

Currently 16 weeks out, getting updated diet this evening or tomorrow, going to be starting carb cycling, should be interesting.

more to come :) OH pics, man i keep forgetting

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Gonna hit some legs today, my ass and hams are sore from those DL's still though : /

gotta fight through the pain lol

probably do more volume than normal with lower weight

Tyler44

Tyler44

Awards
dead-lifts from yesterday

afterwards he made me do a narly drop set of 225x30 and 185x20 holy ish is my back sore today :p
Looking like a damn beast. What BF% are you at? Look like a pretty lean 185lb. Solid pull as well, once you get above 4 plates life is so much better.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Looking like a damn beast. What BF% are you at? Look like a pretty lean 185lb. Solid pull as well, once you get above 4 plates life is so much better.
I think I'm around 11-12% right now, 16 weeks out.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
everything still going good, diet is consistant. Im down to 183 right now, leanest ive ever been :)

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
those are from last weekend, ill post some more probably next week

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
got another back workout this morning. My gyms cable system is gone getting a makeover so no cable movements at all. Still gonna hit it hard

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Dat sweat... man its humid today, 80 min doing back bis 20 min SS cardio and 10 min constant posing practice. I was soaked when i walked out of the gym! feelin good though

weight is up actually... from 183-186 this week even though we started carb cycling which is odd but ill take it, def leaner

Tyler44

Tyler44

Awards
Looking thick. Trimming down the BF is a pain but man the payoff is worth the hassle. Idk if you've been measured, but Id say your closer to 14%. Still plenty of time to get down to your goal though. Keep it up!

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
still getting after it, had legs yesterday with the trainer... so much pain. I wish i was able to push myself like he pushes me to do things that I normally would think are impossible for me.

Had some lower back tightness when we started squatting so we did some vert press lockouts and leg press instead and hit leg extensions HARD

My strength was pretty impressive to me, for example, 280(stack) on extentions into a drop set 10 reps per drop with 5 drops. 450lb vert press lockout (first 6-8 inches) 40 reps 3 sets.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
weight is at 182 this morning, going to the gym to hit some extra chest as a high volume workout since it's my weak point right now. Strength is good still, recovering nicely.

A good change of pace :D I slept awesome last night with the help of 9 mg's of melatonin and 2 servings for Natural CALM magnesium. Great combo IMO

A

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
back definition and striations are looking impressive!

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Thanks guys :D I got the day off today and I get to have carbs :D shoulders tomorrow

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Hey guys, Still killin it, tub is winding down to final day or two. Strength is still up even with my low carb days. Having some back issues from a squat day the other day sadly, gonna go get some deep tissue work soon to help with my hip mobility. Ill get a good review up shortly. swamped with school stuff lately.

D

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, Still killin it, tub is winding down to final day or two. Strength is still up even with my low carb days. Having some back issues from a squat day the other day sadly, gonna go get some deep tissue work soon to help with my hip mobility. Ill get a good review up shortly. swamped with school stuff lately.
Thanks man for an awesome log so far. It's truly awesome to see the benefits play into your workouts and everything. Looking forward to your review.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Alright guys, so here it is:

Been using CREignite for the past 4 weeks and here is what I noticed:

Tasts: 10/10
one of the best Watermelon flavors I have ever had. No crappy aftertaste either

Effects: 8/10
This may be off due to dieting. I was able to maintain a descent amount of strength in the gym. My recovery remained about the same during the 4 weeks of supplementation. Also, I was already taking a creatine supplement before the use of this one so my muscle were already saturated to begin with. Overall though I was happy with the product.

Price:4/10
Although this was a sponsored log, I would not buy this product based on price. 28$ for creatine is simple out of my budget, but if you are able to buy it I would definitely give it a shot. Also, I know this product has Orotic acid like Clout, but cannot remember what the price point was for that product, so this may be the reason for the pricing.

This is my straight review of the product. For those of you that did chime in during the log I appreciate it, but just as my other logs I got little to no attention. Anyways, Thanks Genomyx for the opportunity to try and review your product.

Thanks guys

D

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your honesty and good, solid log.

While it carries a higher price tag than Mono persay, the benefits therein are incredibly better than Mono.

I think CLOUT retailed at $33/tub.

Thanks again

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Thanks for your honesty and good, solid log.

While it carries a higher price tag than Mono persay, the benefits therein are incredibly better than Mono.

I think CLOUT retailed at $33/tub.

Thanks again
Oh I'm not doubting it at all, the ingredient profile is excellent, just out of my reach right now since I don't have a job for the next 2 years :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PrepNwa23 Supplement Auction 1
Driven2lift Supplement Logs 1
jwa254 Supplement Auction 2
cmitch Supplement Logs 36
BigRigg Supplement Logs 74