Tyler's first Anabeta Elite log (sponsored)

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Solid update and numbers. The one thing that is great about Anabeta is that is has some GDA effects for those extra CHOs. If you work out at night, do not worry about if you eat carbs for your postworkout. There have actually been studies showing that eating carbs at night can be beneficial. Ill look for the study/link when I get home, I believe Layne Norton did the research on it but not positive.

Other then that it seems things are going good. If you need the extra calories, throw in some peanut butter and/or milk for a clean bulk.
    Thanks Kbayne and Bolt! That definitely makes me feel better about having a small sweet potato or a beer after practice with my post-workout "meal" (usually 1/3-1/2 pound of lean meat cooked as quickly as possible and flavored with something simple enough to finish in 10 minutes).

I actually saw something about nighttime carbs being beneficial in a study (it might have been on AM), but the study was a bit flawed in that it compared people who ate carbs throughout the day with people who ate most of their carbs at night (I would want to see more about carbs all day vs. carb cut-offs). I can't remember clearly, but I think that there might have been a disclaimer in that study that obese people did put fat on when consuming carbs at night. I used to be a fat kid (not a "fat kid" either, I mean a real fat kid at 5'8" 260lbs in grade 11...lost 100 pounds in 11 months when I suddenly got sick of being a fat loser), and I think I will always have fat kid genes. Bottom line, I didn't like the results when I ate A LOT of carbs at the end of the day this past weekend (didn't provide any energy benefits and left me feeling and looking bloated), BUT it is great to know that the consensus is I don't have to avoid them altogether after practice. Thanks so much for the feedback, guys!!!

Best,
    Tyler

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Definitely starting to feel the hunger today. I don't usually get the intense hunger that some people talk about on AB, but I do get a very specific sensation of going from "kind of hungry" to "freaking starving" in a super short time. Today, I had planned to run and get a small salad with 4 egg whites as a snack. By the time my class ended and I had a break, I was WAY too hungry for that. I had to run to Subway for a 6" ham on wheat (I know it's not whole wheat, but it tastes good) and then four egg whites. 7-11 here sells hard-boiled eggs for 25 cents each so it's always a good option when I need to add some protein to my day and I am not at home. Even after that, I still felt like I wanted to eat another sub and 4 more egg whites.

I picked up some pork tenderloin from Costco today, so I will be enjoying adding that to my meat options!

Best,
    Tyler
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.09%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Definitely starting to feel the hunger today. I don't usually get the intense hunger that some people talk about on AB, but I do get a very specific sensation of going from "kind of hungry" to "freaking starving" in a super short time. Today, I had planned to run and get a small salad with 4 egg whites as a snack. By the time my class ended and I had a break, I was WAY too hungry for that. I had to run to Subway for a 6" ham on wheat (I know it's not whole wheat, but it tastes good) and then four egg whites. 7-11 here sells hard-boiled eggs for 25 cents each so it's always a good option when I need to add some protein to my day and I am not at home. Even after that, I still felt like I wanted to eat another sub and 4 more egg whites.

I picked up some pork tenderloin from Costco today, so I will be enjoying adding that to my meat options!

Best,
    Tyler
    The hunger increases can get pretty intense but they usually subside after a bit (for me at least). When I do get the hunger increase, I am like how you described and need a LOT of food to satisfy the hunger. 7-11 you say? Have not seen or been in one of those in a very long time.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

The hunger increases can get pretty intense but they usually subside after a bit (for me at least). When I do get the hunger increase, I am like how you described and need a LOT of food to satisfy the hunger. 7-11 you say? Have not seen or been in one of those in a very long time.
    Yeah dude, Asian 7-11's FTW! Normally when standing on any street corner, you can see 1-4 7-11s (plus other similar convenience stores). They have a pretty big variety of stuff as well as some of the American 7-11 staples. Not too much going on there nutritionally, but the options for a quick lunch include some pretty good stuff! No American style self-serve coffee though, but that helps me stay off the coffee for 50 weeks a year. Still, TW has nothing on Japan...apparently they are pretty much number one for quality and quantity (and they have a freaking absurd variety of Kit Kat bars...a coworker brought me white chocolate green tea flavor kit kats once...the flavors get as wierd as "soy sauce" and beyond).
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Whoops, I missed this one!

Subbed for painful hunger lol.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Felt SUPER tired today; slept 6 hours two nights in a row so that's why. I feel really good now that I have ingested my 2 PWO ABE and some yellow gold and eaten a nice PWO meal (bunch of pork tenderloin, stir-fried in some Indonesian sweet soy sauce with onions and served with 150 grams of sweet potato). Hopefully my workout will reflect how pumped I am to go kill it!

I decided to up my dose on the ABE. I really appreciate and respect everyone's input, but judging from how I felt on standard AB at 4 vs. 6 per day, I feel like upping it will yield the results I am looking for. I am going to go with 5 per day until at least Monday and then reassess how I feel. Not sure if I will feel the need to bump up to 6, but I am not opposed to it if it seems like the right thing to do.

I have been feeling really beat up so far this week. It's not that hard to believe, since I have been beating myself up pretty hard in the gym, and then other people have been helping to beat me up at practice. Monday's workout has my back feeling super sore today (not in a bad way, just letting me know that I didn't hold back in the gym on Monday), and Monday's BJJ left me with a sore shoulder and a sore knee. The shoulder feels pretty much recovered today. I was a little worried about it on Monday night though as it was really tweaked. A really slick dude hit me with a very well-baited kimura from bottom half-guard. From that position, the dude on top (me, in this case) can use the bottom guy's kimura set-up to trap him in a sneaky shoulder lock and the bottom guy should know that (this dude did). This dude wraped his arms around mine to set up the kimura, I tried to wait for my moment to explode, and he caught me being too relaxed and cranked it hard and fast (normally kind of a dickish thing to do, but from that position, it's really the only way you can finish a kimura). Taught me a valuable lesson though, and nothing got torn, so all's well that ends well. My knee has hurt for the past two days, mostly in the morning. I must have strained a ligament slightly. I'm not sure how exactly I did that, but it's not uncommon for grapplers and obviously isn't a big problem; just an inconvenience (had to sit down for some of my first class yesterday and today), and now it feels good. I will probably opt to wear a brace tonight when rolling just to be safe. Tomorrow is a federal holiday here so I will use the day to recover: sleep a good 8-10 hours, and probably just do some cardio instead of going to BJJ (but there are two practices tomorrow, which is tempting, so no promises, haha).

OK off to run lift and roll! I will update later and thanks for reading!

Best,
    Tyler
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Whoops, I missed this one!

Subbed for painful hunger lol.
    Haha welcome, man, and thanks for following! Yeah a good friend of mine is running a sweet stack right now that I helped him map out (AB/DAA/creatine/bcaa/alphamine for the first 4 weeks of bulking, then ABE/Erase/DAA/creatine/bcaa/alphamine for the next 4 weeks of recomp...I think there is some other stuff there, too). I got him all prepped and really psyched for it (his first time trying AB), helped design his dosing and eating schedules, and gave him all the info I thought he would need and completely forgot to mention that his hunger and thirst might skyrocket. He started it on Monday of this week, and already yesterday (day 2) he told me he is starting to feel super hungry all the time, haha. I guess he is feeling it! I told him to brace himself and embrace the bulk, haha!

Best,
    Tyler
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

OK just got back. Workout went really well. I struggled a bit with cardio, so I was a little worried but I still managed to outperform my usual cardio output and have a really good weight session. I did Dumbbell incline press, military on a smith machine, and close-grip bar bench, but then I didn't feel like 3 exercises was enough for a day, so I did a rest-pause set of heavy side raises and front raises. I can't promise that my form on those last two was perfect, but it wasn't too bad. Here are the numbers:

-Dumbbell incline press: 70lb dumbbells x 11-4-2
    -Smith Military Press: 180 (including 44 pounds for the bar) x 12-4-5
    -Close-grip bench press: 135 x 10-4-4
    -Dumbbell side raise: 30lb x 7-4-3
    -Dumbbell front raise: 30lb x 8-5-5

I am back at 86KG which was a bit discouraging, but doing a bulk I don't know what I was expecting. I definitely look different than I did at the 86KG I started at 10 days ago. My muscles are fuller, my abs are less obscured by belly fat, and I am noticeably more vascular. I am hoping to end the clean bulk phase under 88KG before going into recomp. If I get to 88KG at any point, I will change my diet to the same recomp diet I used for my last AB run. I doubt it will get to that point though, and I should have about 2 more weeks of clean bulking left before switching.

BJJ went reasonably well tonight. I tried to take it a bit easier because my knee and back are both bothering me a bit and my neck is still pretty sore from Monday (some people's strategy when I am in their guard in no-gi is to pull on my neck as hard as they can and try to stall until the bell rings...). I went a bit lighter than normal, but I also stayed for an extra hour because tomorrow is a holiday. My knee and back aren't thrilled about that, but I think I will be fine as long as I manage to take tomorrow off (or just some cardio). Neck feels ok though, as we were back in the gi tonight. OK it is time to eat a lot of pork tenderloin, and drink a beer in celebration of ...how much I like beer .

Best,
    Tyler
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

OK guys time for a quick update for Friday, 4/5. Feeling bigger, stronger, and more energetic. The increase to 5 pills per day seems to be increasing the positive effects. I am still bouncing around the 85-86KG range, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I look as lean as I usually look at 82, but I am 85-86, so that's awesome. Vascularity is up, and the Dopadex combined with earlier dosing is getting me to sleep with no problems. Starting to have some digestive discomfort, which I did notice a bit last time, but that is most likely due to a dietary shift. I left my paper at the gym tonight, but luckily I remembered my numbers for 3 out of four lifts, and I think that I remember the fourth as well.

Chainsaws: 95lb x 10-6-4
    Wide-grip pulldowns: 100KG (220-225lbs) x 16-5-4
    Cable curls: 120lbs x 9-4-3
    Hammer curls: 35lb dumbbells x 6-3-2

Cardio went great, I felt very fresh through weight training, and had a solid BJJ session. So far, feeling awesome! Happy Friday!!!

Best,
    Tyler
    Last edited by tyrub42; 04-09-2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: I found the paper with my lifts, so I updated the cable curl numbers to be accurate. All other numbers were accurate.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.52%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    OK guys time for a quick update for Friday, 4/5. Feeling bigger, stronger, and more energetic. The increase to 5 pills per day seems to be increasing the positive effects. I am still bouncing around the 85-86KG range, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I look as lean as I usually look at 82, but I am 85-86, so that's awesome. Vascularity is up, and the Dopadex combined with earlier dosing is getting me to sleep with no problems. Starting to have some digestive discomfort, which I did notice a bit last time, but that is most likely due to a dietary shift. I left my paper at the gym tonight, but luckily I remembered my numbers for 3 out of four lifts, and I think that I remember the fourth as well.

Chainsaws: 95lb x 10-6-4
    Wide-grip pulldowns: 100KG (220-225lbs) x 16-5-4
    Cable curls (this is the one I might be inaccurate with but I think it's right): 120lbs x 8-3-3
    Hammer curls: 35lb dumbbells x 6-3-2

Cardio went great, I felt very fresh through weight training, and had a solid BJJ session. So far, feeling awesome! Happy Friday!!!

Best,
    Tyler
    Great update sir! Bigger, stronger and energetic? Win! Win! Win!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Man I am feeling awesome today! I had a VERY intense cardio session today and followed it with stiff-legged deadlifts, regular deadlifts, and Bulgarian split squats. Stiff legged deads felt great. I couldn't get close to the ground on my first set (lack of flexibility), but by the end of my last set, I was getting the bar all the way down with no problems. Regular deads went even better. I went heavier than I have since my last AB log because my back felt so great! I got up to 225 lbs, which is way less than I used to do, but after hurting my back, I have always played it safe. Today I felt so good, I just had to kick it up a notch! Bulgarian split squats felt great, too! My left leg balance and strength is quickly catching up to my right, and both legs are feeling very stable! Energy is still great, and I am seeing my results whenever I look in the mirror!

Best,
    Tyler
  12. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.09%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Solid update. I wouldn't worry too much about what weight you are pulling man, especially when you injured your back previously. As long as you are still getting in intense back workouts without it hurting, then hell ya . Good to hear strength is going up along with results being visable in the mirror .
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Solid update. I wouldn't worry too much about what weight you are pulling man, especially when you injured your back previously. As long as you are still getting in intense back workouts without it hurting, then hell ya . Good to hear strength is going up along with results being visable in the mirror .
    Thanks, dude. I think that is basically why I increased in weight. I didn't feel like I was getting a good workout from the weights I had been using previously, and after upping it, I really felt great. Not sure if I will see the need to increase weight again next Sat, but I will keep updating.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

After Saturday's leg workout, I am walking around like an 80-year-old man haha! Standing is going to suck until at least Wednesday. Still worth it, though, because that workout was awesome! Today is a pushing day, and I will update later on. Still feeling really good. I found an extra bottle of fenugreek that I forgot I had, so I am thinking about adding that in this week. Fenugreek doesn't give me any crazy effects, but I do feel like I stay slightly leaner when I take it and I get a great sense of well-being so it might be great added in with the ABE. I will report if/when I add that in.

Best,
    Tyler
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

What fenugreek product is it?
    PES Representative
    http://selectprotein.com
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    What fenugreek product is it?
    Just the basic NOW fenugreek. Probably not as useful as an extracted product, but it does make me feel really good.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

OK I am going to make this workout summary quick, because my wife is yelling at me to finish up so we can spend a few minutes together before I have to sleep.

I felt pretty sh**ty today because I let myself get dehydrated yesterday. Today, I could barely fit my wedding ring on my finger. I have to remind myself to keep drinking a lot on off days, too.

In the gym, there were way too many people, which was annoying, but I made due with what I had available. Cardio went well, but I only had time for 20 min today because I was looking for my knee pads for too long before leaving the house. Weights felt SUPER strong today, but I think I drained myself on Dumbbell bench, making shoulder press and skull crushers feel harder than they should have. The shoulder press bench was also a strange one. It was over-cushioned and wobbly, and it only had the option for being 90 degrees, whereas I like to do military at about 10 degrees shy of that to make my neck feel better. Anyway, here are the numbers:

Dumbbell flat bench: 80s x 7-3-2 (this was huge for me)
    Smith machine military press: 200 (including the smith bar) x 4-2-2
    Skull-crushers: 115 x 6-2-2
    Dumbbell side raises: 30s x 9-5-4
    Dumbbell front raise: 30s x 10-5-5

I added the side and front raises because I felt really nice and sore after doing them last week, and who wouldn't want their shoulders to bulge a little more?

I also found the paper that I left at the gym last week, so I can go back and edit my number from my last pulling workout on Friday.

BJJ went fine, nothing spectacular in either direction. Caught an accidental shin to the nose; luckily it just bled a bit so I could keep rolling. Overall, feeling great, super exhausted now and ready to eat some beef and sleep!

Best,
    Tyler

P.S.- weight is still in the 85-86 range, but physique is changing.
  18. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.09%

Water, water, water . I like to add Mio or Crystal Light to water whenever I need some flavor.

Lateral and Front raises are always being incorporated in my shoulder routine. I like to alternate between DBs and cable machines. Also alternate between seated and standing for both lateral and front. Gotta get those shoulders looking like boulders.
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Lol anabeta is telling you ... Divorce divorceeeeee . just kidding good log. I loved run my on ABE.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Water, water, water . I like to add Mio or Crystal Light to water whenever I need some flavor.

Lateral and Front raises are always being incorporated in my shoulder routine. I like to alternate between DBs and cable machines. Also alternate between seated and standing for both lateral and front. Gotta get those shoulders looking like boulders.
    You are correct sir! It really is so important to drink as much as possible (especially here once it starts getting hotter). Teaching helps a lot; I always drink 500-1000ML per teaching period (about an hour). When I am home, though, I often neglect to drink enough, so I have to get on that.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Lol anabeta is telling you ... Divorce divorceeeeee . just kidding good log. I loved run my on ABE.
    Hahahaha...Anabeta would never say something like that!
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

After my last two workouts and all the BJJ I am feeling really beat up in a good way. My legs, shoulders, tris, chest, and traps are all super sore. I am really happy to get today as a rest day before I go kill it again tomorrow!

As a side note, how many days off should I take from the L-dopa each week. Is just one ok, or should I take two? I am taking it to help me get to sleep and stay asleep and I know those effects fade if taken daily. What do you all think? Thanks!

Best,
    Tyler
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  140 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.94%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Everything in moderation is not a bad thing to go off of. With caffeine I used to do 2 days on 1 off.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Quote Originally Posted by FUBARMD View Post
    Everything in moderation is not a bad thing to go off of. With caffeine I used to do 2 days on 1 off.
    Always good advice, and thank you very much for following/posting! I am hoping someone has info specific to L-dopa (Dopadex, Powerfull, HGH Pro, etc...) about the best dosing protocol for sleep enhancement. Either way, that is good advice for life!
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

I felt SOOOOOOOOOO good at the gym today. I blasted through cardio like a monster and then hit the weights. I was telling my friend about rack deads yesterday, and it made me really miss doing them. I haven't done a rack dead since I hurt my back over two years ago, but tonight I just had to. I planned on starting light and seeing what I could do. I ended up comfortably going much higher than expected and felt great doing it. I pulled about 315 x 6 and then got about 355 x 4. I say "about" because a lot of the weights here are in KG and some are in pounds. A plate might be 45 pounds or 20kg, which is 44.3 or something like that. In addition, most of the middle weights are 10kg instead of 25 pounds which is significant. I pulled 160KG to be exact, but I try to report in pounds because I know the KG-lb converting is a pain. Anyway I felt freaking awesome doing the rack pulls, and I don't think I got that weight for more reps than that when I did them a few years ago, so I am really getting stronger. My total numbers were:

Rack pulls: 315 x 6, 355 x 4
    Normal-grip pulldowns on a plate loaded machine: 265 x 12-5-3
    Free Motion Row (by a company called Ground Zero)*: 200 x 6-4-4
    cable curls (from the cable cross position...where you stand in the middle and pull from both sides): 7 plates per side x 9-5-4
    4-finger reverse barbell curls on an extra fat bar (no thumb): 100 x 7-5-3

*The free motion row was an interesting machine. It reminded me of a pulldown mixed with a seated row...seemed like a very similar movement to a face pull. Here is a link to a pic so you know what I am talking about: http://www.csmfitness.com/GAPics/Sel...Row_10789.html

My back never hurt at all throughout the rack deads. I will have to wait and see how I feel tomorrow, but so far it looks like I will be great! My form was very good, so that helped I'm sure. My grip wasn't the strongest I've felt, but it is getting stronger by the day.

BJJ also felt awesome, and I had some really good, really competitive rolls. The only bad part was after class, I was trading techniques with a visitor from LA. He showed me a couple of decent things to use when getting out of triangle setups, which was cool, but when showing me, he stacked me completely over my neck (so I was bent completely back over my neck with all of his weight on top of me). I was a really stupid thing for him to do, because in live rolling, I would never let someone stack me like that, but I didn't even expect him to do something so reckless when just showing a technique (the right thing would have been to gently put pressure on and then explain how far to go with it, or at least warn me about what he was doing...). He was a four-stripe blue belt, too, so he really should have known better. Either way, I was nice about it. I showed him a few techniques that I like to do, and a few things I caught him with when we were rolling, and then called it a day. My neck has hurt since then. I have a dull ache in my thoracic spine that I can't get out. I took some advil and my wife massaged it, but I will still need some work with my homemade contraption (two tennis balls taped together with athletic tape...REALLY gets into the spine when rolling on it). I hope it is ok when I wake up tomorrow.

On a side note, I just went completely hypo for no reason. I took 2 ABE at 430 and ate my PWO meal at 5. I felt great, but I guess I needed more carbs, because I started losing vision and getting dizzy. I was afraid that dude screwed me up worse than I thought, but I remembered feeling the same way the first time I took Pslin (only ate half a bagel with it...went hypo almost immediately). I ate a half a wheat tortilla, my wife made me eat some pudding, and I drank a protein shake. Now I feel good again. I guess ABE is just THAT strong. Make me feel bad for ppl who spend more money on a month's worth of nutrient repartitioners, when I get the same effect for LESS money from Anabeta PLUS giant strength gains. Anyway, it has been an interesting day to say the least. I will update again tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

Best,
    Tyler
  26. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I like that free motion machine and use it from time to time when I actually use machines. Solid update with lots of great info. Nice to see things are really starting to kick off as far as full blown effects here.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I like that free motion machine and use it from time to time when I actually use machines. Solid update with lots of great info. Nice to see things are really starting to kick off as far as full blown effects here.
    Yeah it felt like a cool exercise...normally wouldn't use it as my main back exercise, but it is definitely a nice addition and felt like it hit my back at a different angle. The only problem with it (ironically, being called "Free Motion" and noting on the machine that it provided a better range of motion than other machines) is that the cables were not far enough from the bench to allow full extension, so it was only about 80-85% of a full rep range. Aside from that, it was a cool machine and felt like it is a good thing to add at least once a month or so.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Back feels great today. DOMS hasn't set in much in my upper back, and my lower back feels better than it usually feels after a night of working out and doing jiu jitsu. I guess the rack pulls were a safe exercise, and I can't wait to add them in again!

My neck, after a lot of rolling, stretching, massaging, advil, and a warm bath, feels pretty sore today, but nothing too serious. I believe it will be fine by tomorrow's BJJ class. Still not a great thing to happen, but glad I took extra time to manage it last night.

The Dopadex REALLY helps me stay asleep through the night. The difference is pretty astounding, and it helps me get by on less sleep than I would normally need. Also, this could just be me being 29 with a beautiful wife, but I feel like I get an almost instant libido boost from the Dopadex as well. It's not a 24/7 thing; it's more like, I take it, I get tired, I get into bed...and then boom. That is also resulting in getting less sleep than I try to get, but I am feeling great throughout the day anyway. Speaking of less sleep than I would normally need...

I am feeling the energy from the ABE full force. I have been sleeping 6-6.5 hours per night every night this week, but I feel great. Normally I need 7.5-8 hours to feel good. I still try to sleep at least 8 hours on Friday and Saturday nights, but recently I have been waking up before my alarm. The energy and sense of well-being seems about the same as regular AB, which makes sense, as I don't think either of the extra ingredients are supposed to have effects on energy. Well-being is pretty hard to compare, because I am inexplicably looking much leaner than I was at this point in my last AB run. I say "inexplicably" because I am eating for bulk right now, whereas I was recomping last time. I am also heavier than I was at this point in my last log (still in the 85-86 range), but I am looking very ripped. The only conclusions that I can draw are:

A: the extra ingredients are helping to both burn more fat and add more muscle
    B: the extra ingredients are helping to keep my muscles more pumped and full, so that I appear leaner and more muscular
    C: both A and B are true to some extent

It is pretty early to say which one of those is true, but I do feel incredibly strong this week, even compared to last week. The scary part is that, in general, I believe that forskolin really hits its stride around the 4-week mark, which means that the effects have not peaked yet. This is just from reading user reports on the Internet, as I have never tried forskolin before, but this is generally accepted to be correct, right?

Anyway, still feeling great, and I can't believe that I am not even halfway through this run! Switching to recomp will be interesting, but I might have to keep my carbs higher than I did on my last log, because the nutrient repartitioning effects seem to be stronger this time. I don't know if that is the extra ingredients, or just my body responding better to the original extract. Do forskolin or 7OH have nutrient repartitioning properties? That's all for now.

Again the two questions I am looking for answers to if possible:
    1. Is it correct that forskolin generally peaks in effects around week 4?
    2. Do forskolin or 7OH have nutrient repartitioning properties, or are those effects likely just my body responding better to the Anacyclus pyrethrum?

As always, thanks for following!

Best,
    Tyler
  29. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Forskolin offers more gradual results so the effects are best seen over a longer duration, I wouldn't say it necessarily starts to peak, but the results will start to be noticed around then.

They may not have direct nutrient repartitioning effects, but they are putting the body in a more favorable hormonal position to avoid increases in fat and possibly decreases in it (depending on other factors).
    PES Representative
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Forskolin offers more gradual results so the effects are best seen over a longer duration, I wouldn't say it necessarily starts to peak, but the results will start to be noticed around then.

They may not have direct nutrient repartitioning effects, but they are putting the body in a more favorable hormonal position to avoid increases in fat and possibly decreases in it (depending on other factors).
    OK sweet, thanks! So it seems like the hypoglycemic reaction was likely just the original extract's effects. Pretty amazing that that is just one of many effects it has; it's a great compound!
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Well, my diet the past two days has been horrible. I don't know what the hell has been wrong with me, but I have been pigging out big time, all in the evenings, and mostly with high-carb, bleached carb foods. I am talking at least 600-1000 calories of extra food each day, and most of it has been crap. Amazingly, I am not showing the effects of it very much (I normally have a food-baby thing going on the day after I eat like that), which is really shedding light onto how effective the ABE is, but I have to get my act together. Even when bulking, there is no excuse for eating like that. I will clean it up, and I apologize to the PES team for neglecting to keep my diet where it should be. Recomp starts soon (a week or so from now), so I still have a long way to go!

Best,
    Tyler

P.S.- my back hasn't been sore like this in years. Awesome workout on Wed!
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Update for tonight's pushing workout: my neck is still very sore from that idiotic stuff that happened on Wed, plus my back and traps are very sore as well, so I decided to skip BJJ tonight. I also kept tonight's workout load a bit lighter at only 3 exercises. My shoulders were really sore from the rack deads on Wednesday, which surprised me, but still, a great workout is a great workout. Despite how sore I was (am), I still had a great workout and moved up in my lifts. Here are the numbers:

Flat bench: ~200lbs (90 kg) x 5-2-2
    Dumbbell shoulder press (shoulders felt very sore during warm-ups, but I decided to still push it hard): 60s x 6-2-1
    Triceps cable press down: 140 (the machine here doesn't go higher, unfortunately) x 16-5-4

My weight is still in range (85-86kg) despite my horrible diet the past two days, but I don't look quite as ripped as I did on Wednesday. I won't be making that mistake again. My wife brings stuff home a lot. I have to tell her to stop, because I can't have good food in the house. Last night I think I woke up in the middle of the night and ate some stuff. I don't remember doing it, but I saw the wrappers this morning. I know I am bulking and AB increases hunger, but I ate the wrong things. Aside from feeling guilty, all of the bleached carbs and refined sugars left me feeling sluggish during tonight's cardio. I still managed to push it hard, but it was an uphill battle. Bottom line: I could feel a difference from eating poorly and I can't make that mistake again. That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

Best,
    Tyler
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.52%

Not a big deal that your diet has been terrible. The key is to acknowledge the fact and change what you are doing to get back to where you were. This is just a speed bump. Just stay driven and killin it and you will get back to seeing the positive aspects of this run. Dust yourself off bro you got this!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Had another intense leg workout yesterday. My back and traps are still sore from Wednesday's pulling day, so I went with a very basic lifting plan. Stiff-legged deads and Bulgarian split squats. 5 sets of each, with a set of leg raises (abs) between each one. Went progressively wider-gripped with the deads in efforts to improve both my hamstring strength and flexibility. I managed to go heavier than ever before with the split squats: 2 sets with 40s, 2 with 50s, and the last one with 60s. I know that's not huge weight, but it sure is for me, as my first time doing this exercise was a month ago and I am already feeling A LOT more balanced with my leg stability and strength. I am loving both of these exercises, although I hate the way I feel for about 3 or 4 days afterward. I tell myself that it is the feeling of getting bigger, stronger, and tougher...but still.

Diet is back on track. As I speak, my wife is finishing a giant dinner of chicken breast with red and green peppers, ginger squid, and fried garlic and ginger pea pods. In other words, I am ending this post right now so I can go eat that! Next workout is tomorrow. I will update afterwards.

Best,
    Tyler
  35. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.09%

DOMS can be really stinkers sometime haha. I am like you though, 2 or 3 days post legs, my legs and ass are so sore it is ridiculous.

That dinner sounds amazing. I am still fasting and just the sound of it makes me want to start cooking haha.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

DOMS can be really stinkers sometime haha. I am like you though, 2 or 3 days post legs, my legs and ass are so sore it is ridiculous.

That dinner sounds amazing. I am still fasting and just the sound of it makes me want to start cooking haha.

Sorry to start the cravings, dude! The squid was by far the best part. I'll try to get the recipe and post it here if I get a chance. It would fit any diet style and it's awesome!
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

OK guys tonight I wanted to make sure I went nice and heavy with the weights. It seemed to make sense since I am bulking (few more days left before recomp) and I am looking/feeling super strong. My numbers did not disappoint! I set a new personal record on chainsaws and super wide grip pull downs, as well as getting in great sets on biceps and forearms.

Chainsaws: 100lb dumbbell x 12-6-5*
    Super-wide grip hammer grip plate loaded pull downs (there has to be a shorter name for this): 110kg (~245 lbs) x 4-2-2
    barbell curls (on the preacher bar): ~80lbs (30kg plus the bar) x 6-2-2
    Hammer curls: 40 lb dumbbells x 4-2-2

*Chainsaws were lighter and higher-rep because my gym doesn't have anything heavier than 100lb dumbbells.

Cardio was nice and intense. BJJ was really good as well. I spent most of my time rolling with my training partner of several years. We both know each others' games really well, and we spent about 2 hours working on our biggest weaknesses. I am trying to get him to recognize and capitalize on opportunities to use triangle chokes that come up within the game he likes, and he is working with me to get my hips more explosive and better timed for escapes. That probably sounds extremely boring, but I am really happy to get to work on anything that needs work, especially since people here are improving so fast that I need to make sure I keep up.

Back to gym performance, I have never gotten close to that weight on super-wide hammer pulldowns before. I needed a spot just to get myself locked down into the seat, since the weight was so much heavier than me. I am really starting to see several benefits here.

1. I am seeing the benefit of bulking as I seem to be gaining strength faster and in wider margins than I was when recomping on regular AB.
    2. I am seeing the benefit of ABE over regular AB. I am looking leaner than I could possibly have imagined given that my weight hasn't decreased and I am eating for bulk.
    3. I am seeing the benefit of starting the log a bit stronger than I started my last one. I lost a lot of my gains from my last AB log due to laziness and poor dieting, but I still kept enough to be a bit stronger at the start. I also tried to get a good few weeks of good workouts and decent diet in before starting the log. I didn't look great, as I was much fatter before all of that than I normally am (from my honeymoon), but I do feel like I was better primed mentally if nothing else.

I can't believe how much bigger I look in the mirror compared to a mere 3 weeks ago, all while keeping the same weight and losing fat! ABE and hard work seem to compliment each other extremely well.

OK it is time to eat a bunch of pork tenderloin and sweet potato leaves with garlic, salt and maybe some ginger. Goodnight (or, for most of you, good morning)!

Best,
    Tyler
  38. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.09%

Awesome update! Congrats on the PR and feeling/looking stronger

That is really awesome news about all of your gains so far. That is what I love about AB/ABE, it helps in so many areas and getting in those extra calories while taking ABE is for sure helping with the gains. The added Forskolin in ABE really was a fantastic addition for body composition effects.
  39. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.39%

Solid work man...nice to see you getting some very good effects. This is the point where things start to just continue to build and improve and I love it. I only have about a week left of my ABE and it is going to be sad times when I run out (for now).
    PES Representative
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  298 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Solid work man...nice to see you getting some very good effects. This is the point where things start to just continue to build and improve and I love it. I only have about a week left of my ABE and it is going to be sad times when I run out (for now).
    Dang, super sad like me and my Alphamine. I have a bottle of ABE sitting on my porch as we speak though. Super excited
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs

Similar Forum Threads

1. Tyler's second Anabeta log (sponsored)
    By tyrub42 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 07:51 AM
  2. Replies: 295
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 10:54 PM
  3. Anabeta Elite + Alpha T2 Log Unsponsored
    By R1balla in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 02:16 PM
  4. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 02:06 PM
  5. 3clipse's Erase Pro, Anabeta, AlphaT2 log ( not sponsored )
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 08:13 AM