Napalm's running UNCUT...

napalm

napalm

Awards
Napalm's running UNCUT...now with vids!

First, thanks to the guys at AppNut for giving me a chance to log their product. The only other Pre I've done was some that iForce gave me along with their test booster i logged for them last year. As I did with that product, I'm calling this right down the middle. What I'm looking for out of Uncut is training effect: I keep variables to a minimum in both my diet and training, so if there is one, I'll notice.

Me: Masters PL'er, 5/3/1'ing my way to the APF Masters Nationals in May, so that puts me about 8 weeks out. Dosing of Uncut is 1-3/day, so the 25 in the bottle will last at least a couple weeks. Training days for me are MWF with T TH being mobility and conditioning. I'm not a big volume guy, I pretty much follow Wendler to the letter and it's worked pretty well for me.

Off to the show...

Today was mobility and conditioning. I wanted to get a feel of what the product was going to do to me so I took 2 at 2:30, got off work at 3:30 and off to the gym. By the time I left work I could start to feel the effect: heart rate was up and started sweating a little. By the time I got to the gym I was in full stim effect :) .

Mobility: foam rolled lats, rhomboids, hamstrings, quads, hip flexors 50 times each, 10 minutes or so of static stretching, then foam roll everything again 50 times.

Conditioning: 2 25 yard prowler pushes with no weight to warm up a little; 3 25 yd sprints (down and back) with 50 lbs (115 lbs total); 3 25 yd sprints (down and back) with 75 lbs (140 lbs total), rest in between sprints until hr down to 120 (~1 1/2 min). 3 75 yard (down and back) harness pull walks with 75 lbs.

First impression: holy crap, this stuff is stimmy. Energy was certainly not a problem today :) . It felt like it took me a little longer for my hr to come down in between sprints. Metabolism was definitely up, wasn't as hungry as usual after I got home - will have to keep an eye on this, I have to eat frequently to get my cals in. Going to decrease dose tomorrow to 1 and see how I do.

Thanks again to AppNut for this opportunity...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed broseph..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you checked out Kstar's mobility stuff?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you seen he is about to release a book?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Have you seen he is about to release a book?

i just re-read his bio, i'm surprised it's taken him this long. if he wasn't so f'ing smart, i'd hold the whole CF thing against him...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I pre-ordered the book. I am hoping it is as good of a book as I expect it to be.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Took one cap instead of two at the same time today and i think this is what i'm going with. two caps for me was a bit stimmy.

this is deload week, bench day so i just did 6 triples with 185 after warming up a bit. bench is my worst lift by far due to 5 shoulder surgeries. assistance was cgbp 145x7x3, tri pushdowns 95x10x4.

felt less stimmy than yesterday, and was pretty focused in what i was doing. metabolism was up, sweating a little on the way to the gym, but not as much as yesterday.

i think i found my groove as far as dose, felt noticeably more alert training today.

napalm

napalm

Awards
day 3

one cap again today. took it at 2:30, left work and felt great. couldn't wait to get to the gym.

mobility and conditioning today, same layout as tuesday: foam rolling and the prowler. energy was definitely up after warming up with a couple slow sprints. was really focused on leg drive for the 25 yd down and backs. in between sprints, heart rate came down nice - not like when i took two caps on tuesday. i think i actually took a little less time in between the first few sprints, and paid for it when i put 75 lbs on. i was freakin gassed. i don't know how the guys that pile 700 lbs on the prowler do it. i must be a p.ussy :( took a couple minutes and finished with the pulls.

3rd impression: didn't feel stimmy at all really, body must have adjusted a bit. concentration was great: was really focused every stride with the prowler.

and it was f'ing cold today too, windy as hell.

much better today...

napalm

napalm

Awards
sorry no update from yesterday, went out for a burger with the wife and kid, then watched some basketball.

day 4, last day of deload week, deadlift day

i haven't pulled in about a month and a half because of a left hammy. i'm less than 8 weeks out and have to decide whether i'm going to PL or just squat at nats. i pulled the hammy dl'ing, and at first i thought it was pretty bad, but i'm able to squat and do light goodmornings so i've just been training around it. it hurts right off the floor, deep mid muscle.

took one cap at the same time. got to the gym and was really jacked to test out pulling. i didn't have a goal when i went in, i just wanted to see what it would do. foam rolled my hamstrings then started at 135 and worked up to 315x5 without any issues so i quit there. 5 is the most i do in any dl set and felt no reason to push it today. energy was definitely up from the minute i walked into the gym. concentration was great going through my dl set up and the 315x5 felt light off the floor.

after getting used to the product, i'm starting to like it. energy and focus are up. not as hungry though, i'm usually starving when i get home from the gym, the last couple days not so much. still getting cals in though.

so far so good...

napalm

napalm

Awards
Show us how it's done, ol man. I'm rockin straight caffeine until uncut gets here.
I will do my best sir. Today's last set is 290x5, and I'm taking away the box starting today until nats...

napalm

napalm

Awards
OK, let's do some squats:

1 cap, same time. got to the gym ready to f'ing go

first week of new 531 cycle

warm up barx5, 95x5, 135x5x2, 185x5x2

work sets:

225x5, 255x5, 290x5. here's the last set:

[video=youtube;ZdqakvU2SoI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdqakvU2SoI[/video]

assistance, narrow stance squats

185x10x5

i think i've hit my groove as far as timing and dose. i don't even think my feet were touching the ground training today. work sets all felt strong with decent bar speed. today was the first day without a box, so i was kind of struggling to find depth a little. something to start working on i guess. felt really focused under the bar, concentration was great.

winding down the assistance work. a month out i won't be doing any.

i'm liking the product...

napalm

napalm

Awards
Nothing to report today, unexpectedly had to work 11 hours. Took the cap at the normal time, found out the boss wanted this done today.

I was however, very focused the 11 times I had to redo 50 f'ing lines of XML...

So much fail today...

:(

napalm

napalm

Awards
bench day

warm up: barx10, 95x10, 135x5x2

work sets:

165x5, 185x5, 205x5

assistance:

dips: 10 sets of 8

tri pushdowns: 95 x 4 sets of 10

machine preachers: couple light warm ups then 4 sets of 10

hammer curls: 40 lbs 4 sets of 10

1 cap, same time. felt great heading to the gym. left shoulder really bothered me every set. i'm positive the labrum is torn again. only took a little more than a year :( I also have a little tear of brachialis that's been bothering me as well. you wouldn't think a flexor would hurt benching but it's a stabilizer. got my reps and sets in though. in hindsight, the curls were probably not a good idea. that'll prolly be it until after nats for them.

the product works as advertised. one cap is perfect for me, a little lift, but not too much. what i notice most is concentration during my set ups. def going to pick some of this stuff up...

napalm

napalm

Awards
sorry no update for a few days, between work, daughters volleyball and easter, just didn't have time.

3x3 week, squats

felt great on the way to the gym, took the cap at the same time.

warmup: 95x5, 95x5, 135x5, 185x3x2, 225x5

work sets:

245x3, 275x3, 305x3

assistance: close stance 3 sets of 8 w 185

first couple worksets felt light as hell, last set my set up felt wrong, and i should have stopped and started over. my feet weren't right. lost tightness on the last rep and had a big dip to the right. here's the last:

[video=youtube;5FSe3KF08zQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FSe3KF08zQ[/video]

not happy with it at all, the weight felt light enough, but everything went to hell on the last rep, knees came in a little too. i think my depth was a little better today, even on the one i lost, i think i still hit depth - barely. sorry for the close up of my johnson :)

7 weeks out. it's time to get my act together here...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At least you have identified and acknowledged what you need to fix. That's the hardest part for me.

napalm

napalm

Awards
At least you have identified and acknowledged what you need to fix. That's the hardest part for me.
txs sean, it's not freak the hell out time yet. every rep and set has to count from here on out...

napalm

napalm

Awards
mobility and conditioning day

took cap at the same time, felt great. foam rolled quads, hamstrings, it band, rhomboids and lats 50 times. static stretching for a few minutes then foam rolled again.

time to start slowing down on the prowler a bit:

6 50 yd sprints after a couple slow warmups

good day today...

napalm

napalm

Awards
yesterday: weak a.ss bench day

warmup 95x5x2, 135x5x2

work sets:

175x3, 195x3, 215x3

assistance:

vbar pushdowns

3 sets of 10 with the stack

facepulls 75x10x3

shoulders are just f'ing wrecked i'm going to decide in the next couple days if i'm going to just squat at nats

today=mobility and conditioning

foam roll everything 100 times and some static stretching

prowler sprints 6 50 yarders with 75 lbs

the product is great, everyday i walk into the gym i'm raring to go. this is def something i'm going to pick up a few bottles of.

napalm

napalm

Awards
yeppers, pick it up last yr from black widow training gear. $265 including shipping. a lot cheaper than efs, and gets the job done.

napalm

napalm

Awards
squat 5x3x1 week

warmups: barx5, 95x5, 135x5x2, 185x3x2

work sets:

255x5, 290x3, 320x1, here it is:

[video=youtube;DN6rzhyWg3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN6rzhyWg3c[/video]

my mcl on the left has been bothering me on and off for about a month. today, it bothered me like every other set, it was weird. finish set, walk around a bit, and it's fine.

that said, i think today was my best squat day in about a month. i made a conscious effort to dive bomb it a little today to try to get a little better bounce out of the bottom and i think it worked. i think i've been reaching for the box and coming up short. today, just went down. depth was great on the 320. i think this will be my opener.

good day today, everything felt good - except my mcl...

napalm

napalm

Awards
nothing but mobility today, both mcl's hurt all day, left more than right.

foam rolled everything 100 times, a little more stretching than usual

thank god next week is deload...

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have a current log?