Capt gets VOLATILE!!

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Big thanks to hvactech and Formutech Nutrition for letting me log their preworkout Volatile.

newvolatile_large.jpg

Volatileingredient1.jpg

Taken from the NutraPlanet product page:
"Formutech Volatile: Clean Energy & Devastating Pumps!

**DMAA Free Formula!

Volatile, by Formutech Nutrition, is a great tasting PRE-Workout Catalyst. Compared to other pre-workouts that might leave you short changed, VOLATILE boasts 9 grams of active ingredients per scoop. The scientifically formulated active ingredients in VOLATILE give you energy to get you into the gym but will not cause jitters or a crash.* VOLATILE will leave your body totally pumped long after your workout is complete.*

HOW IT WORKS:

The focus on VOLATILE is the PUMP. The ingredients in VOLATILE are scientifically proven to increase the blood flow into your muscles rapidly, aiding nutrient transport, fullness and vascularity to your muscles while you train.* This increase allows your body to produce more energy which in turn will allow you to push out more sets and more reps than you ever had before.*

Taking VOLATILE pre-workout is a proven way to give you an athletic edge that will improve endurance, decrease recovery time, giving you massive and long lasting pumps!*"

Formutech_Volatile.jpg

So boils and ghouls, whaddya say we get this party kicked off?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I can't pass this one up!

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
So, I got my package with the tub of Volatile and two sample packs of Formutech's BCAA product Endurance on Monday. I went ahead and cracked that tub open that night to see what Volatile could do. Even though hvactech recommended to start with one scoop, I went ahead and used 1.5... I'm such a rebel..LOL. I worked arms and definitely could tell a difference in pump. My arms felt nice and full long after the workout. Energy was there, but more of a subdued type of energy instead of a stimmed out feeling.

I took off Tuesday and Wednesday but went back at it tonight for shoulders. Since I'm such a stim junkie, I decided to try two scoops of Volatile in 8 oz of water. I think two scoops is my sweet spot. Both nights my workouts were heavy and intense and I never felt lacking for energy and muscles were most definitely full.

Initial thoughts:
Taste - Amazing. Berry Eruption is awesome.
Mixability - Very good. Very little grit left at the bottom of the shaker.
Effectiveness - Does what it claims. Noticeable increase in pump, energy is good without feeling stimmed out and no crash.

Endurance Review:
I have now used both sample packs of Endurance. Love this stuff. The melon flavor is one of the best tasting supplements I've ever used. It mixes very well with minimal floaters left. I will definitely have to invest in a tub or two of this to really guage the long term effects on recovery. I could drink this stuff all day long though.

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
So, I got my package with the tub of Volatile and two sample packs of Formutech's BCAA product Endurance on Monday. I went ahead and cracked that tub open that night to see what Volatile could do. Even though hvactech recommended to start with one scoop, I went ahead and used 1.5... I'm such a rebel..LOL. I worked arms and definitely could tell a difference in pump. My arms felt nice and full long after the workout. Energy was there, but more of a subdued type of energy instead of a stimmed out feeling.

I took off Tuesday and Wednesday but went back at it tonight for shoulders. Since I'm such a stim junkie, I decided to try two scoops of Volatile in 8 oz of water. I think two scoops is my sweet spot. Both nights my workouts were heavy and intense and I never felt lacking for energy and muscles were most definitely full.

Initial thoughts:
Effectiveness - Does what it claims. Noticeable increase in pump, energy is good without feeling stimmed out and no crash.

Endurance Review:
I have now used both sample packs of Endurance. Love this stuff. The melon flavor is one of the best tasting supplements I've ever used. It mixes very well with minimal floaters left. I will definitely have to invest in a tub or two of this to really guage the long term effects on recovery. I could drink this stuff all day long though.
IN! I really appreciate your initial assessment of Volatile and the Endurance samples. I keep forgetting to let the Reps know that the Endurance samples are one half of a true serving. The sample pack says one serving because we had to follow FDA guidelines. We know that no one will get a huge reaction on initially taking a BCCA or BCAA Plus product but you can assess flavor and get some feeling. Thank you

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
In foshore!

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards

Initial thoughts:

Endurance Review:

On both products, I feel the same way. Volatile gives you energy, but not a stimmed out shaky feeling. And Endurance BCAA Plus is the shiznit. I love it. Right now while dieting I use it 3 times a day. It's my favorite thing to drink

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
In'....you rebel you!

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I'll be posting an update later on tonight, been having some much needed family time this weekend.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Nothing like quality time with your loved ones....

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Sooo... Had some good quality family time this weekend. Went to Moose Knuckles MMA Pub & Grill last night and watched the UFC PPV. That Hendricks/Condit fight was insane and GSP just showed why he is the best. Tonight, I had to get back in there and work legs. How did that go you ask? Well to sum it up, I walked in, did a buttload of reps, puked a couple times, and almost had to crawl back to the truck. So, it was a pretty effective leg day. I decided to go for high reps tonight with a little lighter weight to mix things up.

Warmup:
Squat - bar x 20
Leg Curl - 60x20
Leg Extension - 60x20

Working sets:
Squat - 135x25, 225x25, 295x25
Leg Extension - 120x25, 160x20, 180x20, 220x15, 260x12, 280x8
Leg Curl - 120x15 (Hammies felt really weird so didn't push it), 80x25, 80x25
Leg Press - 4 plates x 25, 6 plates x 25, 8 plates x 25
Seated Calf Raise - 3 plates x 35 x 3 sets

Felt pretty good. Once again, went with two scoops of Volatile and didn't feel stimmed out but definitely had the energy there to get through the workout. If my legs weren't jello at the end of this session, I def had the energy to do more.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sooo... Had some good quality family time this weekend. Went to Moose Knuckles MMA Pub & Grill last night and watched the UFC PPV. That Hendricks/Condit fight was insane and GSP just showed why he is the best. Tonight, I had to get back in there and work legs. How did that go you ask? Well to sum it up, I walked in, did a buttload of reps, puked a couple times, and almost had to crawl back to the truck. So, it was a pretty effective leg day. I decided to go for high reps tonight with a little lighter weight to mix things up.

Warmup:
Squat - bar x 20
Leg Curl - 60x20
Leg Extension - 60x20

Working sets:
Squat - 135x25, 225x25, 295x25
Leg Extension - 120x25, 160x20, 180x20, 220x15, 260x12, 280x8
Leg Curl - 120x15 (Hammies felt really weird so didn't push it), 80x25, 80x25
Leg Press - 4 plates x 25, 6 plates x 25, 8 plates x 25

Felt pretty good. Once again, went with two scoops of Volatile and didn't feel stimmed out but definitely had the energy there to get through the workout. If my legs weren't jello at the end of this session, I def had the energy to do more.
Are you joking???? Sets of 25 on squats at 295??? I'd be fukin puking guts and passing out. That's pretty intense capn!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy Mackerel your volume would simply kill me! Impressed Captain!

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Are you joking???? Sets of 25 on squats at 295??? I'd be fukin puking guts and passing out. That's pretty intense capn!
That involved a lot of rest pauses after about 12 reps to be completely honest.. It had been forever since I made myself puke working legs

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That involved a lot of rest pauses after about 12 reps to be completely honest.. It had been forever since I made myself puke working legs
the only person who could do 25 at 295 without rest pauses is probably the terminator. and i dont mean arnold, i mean the friggin robot

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
the only person who could do 25 at 295 without rest pauses is probably the terminator. and i dont mean arnold, i mean the friggin robot
Pretty sure Mr. Incredible could do it....

airbull

airbull

Awards
Glad your enjoying it! I definatley like the 2 scoops.

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
So, I just snorted protein powder... Yeah, that sucked. I guess I got some on my hand when I reached into the tub for the scoop and just wiped my nose and yep, in the nose it went.

Anyway.. Wow, didn't realize I hadn't updated my log in this long. Sorry guys! Staying busy, busy, busy lately. Leg day today, which is weirdly becoming my favorite day. Two scoops of Volatile and off to the gym. Didn't puke tonight, but came close. Left squats out tonight or I likely would have. Felt really tired tonight and just couldn't get over that the entire time. No notepad tonight, so It'll be an abbreviated, what I can remember kind of summary tonight.
Warmup:
Leg Press machine - 50x10 just to get loosened up a little
Working sets:
Leg Press - 6 plates x 20, 8 plates x 20, 10 plates x 20
Leg Extension - 80x15, 100x15, 120x15
Leg Curl - 80x15, 100x15, 120x15
Calf raises on leg press machine - 100 lbs till I couldn't move it any more
Hanging knee raises - 100 reps

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
So guys. Haven't been able to update anything in a while. I had to cut my log of Volatile short. For some reason each time I took it, it tore up my stomach. I tried different doses, with food, different times after I had eaten.. All to no avail. It always tore up my stomach. I have done much research on others who have/are taking Volatile and no one else has reported this issue, just something doesn't mesh with my body. Volatile does give you a nice flow of energy that is not a stimmed out feeling and gives a nice pump and the taste is amazing. Even with the issues I faced and not being able to complete the entire bottle because of it, I'll give Volatile an 8/10 overall. I wish that the issues with my stomach wouldn't have interfered with this as I was enjoying my workouts with Volatile.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So guys. Haven't been able to update anything in a while. I had to cut my log of Volatile short. For some reason each time I took it, it tore up my stomach. I tried different doses, with food, different times after I had eaten.. All to no avail. It always tore up my stomach. I have done much research on others who have/are taking Volatile and no one else has reported this issue, just something doesn't mesh with my body. Volatile does give you a nice flow of energy that is not a stimmed out feeling and gives a nice pump and the taste is amazing. Even with the issues I faced and not being able to complete the entire bottle because of it, I'll give Volatile an 8/10 overall. I wish that the issues with my stomach wouldn't have interfered with this as I was enjoying my workouts with Volatile.
I'm really sorry that you had this issue dude. Its def the only one I'm aware if but everyone is different right? There was bound to be one and I guess you drew the short straw!

I do appreciate the final review though and I'm glad it was enjoyable aside from the rot gut. As always any and all honest feedback is appreciated!!

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sorry to hear about that. You are the first to have report this to us. I have no idea what it could be. Thanks for still throwing up a review.

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
No problem guys. Like I said in the review, I hate that it happened because I was really enjoying Volatile. Thanks again guys for the chance to use this product.

***I would like to clarify, just in case anyone misunderstands.. Volatile is a solid pwo. Like the Formutech guys said, I'm the only one that has reported this issue so don't let one guy's issue stop you from trying it. ***

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No problem guys. Like I said in the review, I hate that it happened because I was really enjoying Volatile. Thanks again guys for the chance to use this product.

***I would like to clarify, just in case anyone misunderstands.. Volatile is a solid pwo. Like the Formutech guys said, I'm the only one that has reported this issue so don't let one guy's issue stop you from trying it. ***
Thanks again Cap!

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
That stinks, its some good stuff! Kinda like my wife with shellfish, she loves it but can't eat it.