ryane87 doin' the PowerMax thing (Sponsored log)

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Hey fellas. I was lucky enough to be picked to log PowerMax. I was very pleased because when I read about it, I thought the product had potential. I hit up PerforMax for samples and they came through swiftly. After the samples, I knew I had to put in to log this product.

A little backstory: Experience with all sorts of pre workouts. I have a good idea what cooperates with me and what does not. I was looking for a product that gave me some pep without stimming me out of my skull. You see, I have 3 boys, two in grade school. I get up before 7 everyday and do not go to the gym until they are in bed. With my youngest that doesn't happen until about 9:30 or 10 at night. So I can't be taking something that keeps me awake until 1 or 2 in the morning.

Current supps: Protein, OxiMega, and Orange Triad. Really just the basics at this juncture. I have some Flashover on hand, but I do not its effects.

I'm 33, 6'1 and a half, 190lbs and about 12%-13% bf. I used to be a lot leaner when I was 27, about the same weight, 7.5% bf. Kids changes ya! haha I am currently trying to get back to my best and improve from there. I don't have a specific program of sorts. Just trying to get bigger, stronger, and leaner. I lift 5 days a week. Monday is quads and a little hams, Tuesday is chest, Wednesday is back and rear dealts, Thursday is shoulders, traps, and tri's. I sometimes lead this day off with Olympic exercises before I get into presses and things of that sort. Friday is Deads, hams, and bi's. I generally don't do cardio even though I should. I just train hard and am fortunate that I don't really get fat even when I am not in the gym.

This is my nineth week back at training. I hurt my back, ran a nail all the way through my foot, and had just life stuff come up visit me and was out of the gym about 5 months. This is my first log, so if any of you follow along and have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

I will do before pics simply because I do not know how much plcar is in this product and I want to see if there is enough for a recomp effect. I have never tried it before but have heard good things. Also, it will give everyone an idea why I split like I do haha *damn legs* I have long arms and my chest training focuses primarily on upper chest movements because I want that fullness that can sometimes be hard for taller people to achieve. Hopefully everyone will enjoy. Have a good one!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Well, my PowerMax just came in today. I just finished up working out with it. I was originally going to wait until Monday to begin my log, but I was excited to get started. Some of the things I am going tell you about, I talked about earlier in the original post asking for loggers. Since I do not know who all read that thread, I will go ahead and post that stuff again. Also, my favorite pre so far is Hyde and White Flood. If you have tried Hyde, you know that sh*t ain't happening at night if you want to go to bed. haha White Flood's energy and focus are fantastic.

Upon opening the tub I appreciated that fact that they put an absorber in the container. DEFINITELY helps with clumping. I took two scoops because caffeine and I need to start over at some point. Stim tolerance is pretty high unfortunately.

Mixability: Powder is pretty fine, almost pink in color. With this instance with a PowerMax tub instead of a sample I am pleased to let you guys know that the mixability is fantastic still. Just a couple of fine particles left in my cup. Nothing a little swig of water can't take care of. Very pleased to not deal with clumps.

Taste: This has actually been stated by a couple of others that have tried it, but it tastes sorta like fruit punch kool-aid. Like kool-aid that had sugar in it, but not very much. Definitely not an overpowering flavor, but a flavor that has repeat drinkability qualities.

Energy: As stated by PerforMax, this isn't meant to be a jittery, cracked out type of energy. The energy is very smooth, very clean. I enjoyed it very much. I know that it will be a lot easier for me to go to bed this evening versus being awake all night because of Flashover. As I said earlier, White Flood is great. Its energy is very comparable to White Flood, which is a good thing.

Focus: Here is where I think these two products start to separate. The focus I think is a little bit better with the PowerMax. The desire to want to take on the weights without being on a stim high is wonderful. It's easier to focus. I don't feel like I spend as much time trying to focus on the task at hand. Sometimes ADD is a bi*chb haha. Now, I will make a final decision on both energy and focus when the tub is finished. Right now, I give the focus edge to PerforMax.

Endurance: Another point that I appreciated about the product when I first tried it was what felt like an increase in endurance and strength. Not overwhelming obviously, but enough to notice. The strength and the endurance I think I tied together with the focus. Also, the ingredient content helps as well. You can be as focused as you want, but if you can't go, you can't go.

Pump: Normally my workouts produce pretty good pumps without having to really dive into high reps and all that other stuff. But the pump is something else that this outshines White Flood in. The onset of the pump is what I was impressed with. After my first set, my shoulders already looked pretty full.

Vascularity: Increased vascularity is definitely noticeable on this product. Veins that already come out protrude more and veins I do not normally see are making a welcome appearance. Very nice.

The Workout: Shoulders, traps, and tris. I usually rest about 2 minutes for average sets. Strength sets a little longer, higher rep sets a little shorter. I am still increasing the number of sets I do per workout and haven't really decreased the time between sets. Once I get my sets to a place I like, then I will up the intensity by lowering my time between sets.

Seated Barbell Shoulder press: 155x6, 165x2, 145x6, 135x8. Normally I'm a standing press kind of guy whether it be dumbbells or barbell, but I changed it up and was pretty happy. Felt good push.

Upright row: 95x8, 105x5, 105x6. I haven't done upright rows in literally years and I was reminded why. They kill my wrists whether it is at shoulder width or farther apart. It feels like it pinches nerves. Not awesome.

Standing laterals: 25x10, 25x8, 15x10 with a 2 second hold at the top. When I do this movement, I finish with a twist at the top like I'm pouring a pitcher to get that last little bit of contraction.

Incline bench front raises, one arm at a time: I like like being in the incline position for this movement. When I'm seated on the incline bench, I feel more tension through the whole movement versus the seated and standing options. One arm at a time was out of necessity because I could not find the other 20lb db so I said to hell with it, a little change is good. 20x10 each arm, 2 sets.

Barbell Shrugs: Normally I do these in the power rack because it's just easier than deadlifting the weight off the floor. But today, I pulled from the floor. 225x10, 245x10, 265x8. Most of the time I add a fourth set, but the bench I like to use for close grip bench was open, so I went to that next.

Close grip bench: 185x8, 205x5. At random, I will bench press after close grip for no other reason than sometimes I just feel like it. I didn't realize how much was already taken out of me and I got 235 twice. Not horrible, but not good. Strangely, I was relatively happy with it. I then finished with 185x8 again.

Dips: I do my dips on tri day with my elbows tight to my body so I stay as vertical as possible. I also add weight through a belt instead of chains to try and maintain vertical posture. 45lb plate x 3 sets of 11.

Overhead dumbbell extension: 65x8, 70x6, 55x 10.

That was it for tonight. Next week some exercises I am going to try more weight and do different ones in general.

Up next: Deadlifts, hamstrings, and biceps Friday night.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
HELL YEA, awesome start to your log! Im glad your enjoying it so much and we really appreciate all the detail! I like you comparing to other products to give people a better idea of what to expect, saying it was great blahblah doesn't tell people much but once you compare it to something its a lot easier to judge!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
We're glad to have you running your very first log with Powermax. So far your log is looking great, highly detailed and really gives me an understanding of your background and supplementation experience.

With White Flood being my PWO of choice in the past, it's an honor to have Powermax being compared to a high quality products offered by Controlled Labs. Powermax just had that something extra for me, and really convinced me to switch over after many years of having WF as my go to PWO.

We're looking forward to your next workout log. Curious to see the pumps you'll experience during lower body exercises and most especially your biceps. It should be a pretty Swolltastic experience.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
So far, your product has not disappointed. With that being said, this will be my next entry. Tonight I did deadlifts, some lying hamstring curls, standing hamstring curls, and one legged deadlifts. As far as everything I touched on with my last entry, it stood true tonight as well. One thing I am noticing each time I take the product is the sheer focus. By that I mean it's just easy to focus. Sometimes I have to think of some crazy stuff or really labor to get into "that place". With PowerMax, I don't need to do that. I totally focused on what I am doing and really in touch with my body more. By that normally I don't use a belt with my deads. I try and build as much natural strength as I can, very in tune with my form. I will use chalk above 375. Tonight though, for some reason I was in tune with my hands just not feeling as strong as usual. So I used chalk all through my deadlift portion.

The Workout: Fridays are deadlifts, hamstrings, and biceps.

Deadlifts: This week I was planning on upping the weight 10 lbs. So my first set was 345x8. Powered through it pretty well. Next up was 365. I got it for 6. I went up to 385 and got it for 3. I wanted 4 but I just didn't feel like my form would hold up. I moved up to 405 and powered right through. It was only 1, but it had been months since I felt good enough to try it again.

Lying hamstring curls: Our leg curl machines are old and our numbers are worn off them. haha But I talked to the owner about the stack to get in idea of what I was working with so I could gave my progression better. The first 6 plates and 10lbs each and the remaining are 20lbs. My first set was 80x12. My next was 100x10 and my next set was 120x7. Kind of a struggle, but I managed to eek out 2 more reps than last week. My last set was 80lbs again, but this time each rep was a full 3 seconds down on the negative. I managed to get 8.

Standing leg curls: 3 sets of these. My first set was 35x8, my second was 40x8, and my third was 45x6. My hamstrings felt done for the most part.

One legged deadlift: These sometimes feel kinda awkward because I am not always the most "graceful" haha but I like to do them. I only did two sets this time because my back didn't feel up to a third. I used a 75lb dumbbell in each hand and the first set I got 7 and the second I got 6 and I was finished.

Dumbbell Curls: 40lbs for 10. The pump and vascularity were fantastic. Really enjoyed the feelng. Next set was 45's, but I could only manage 6. I dropped down to 30s and finished with 12 of those.

Seated incline curl: Started off with 25x10. Moved up to 30's, but the same story. Only six. My elbow was being a bast*rd. I dropped down to 20's and pumped out 10.

Preacher dumbbell curl: 25's for 8 twice and 20's for 8.

All in all, a pretty decent workout.

On a different note, going to sleep has NOT been a problem! That has me excited. Except last night. I could have went to bed way sooner, but my 3 year old son woke up and I couldn't get him back to sleep until 1:30. Then up at 7 to take my older boys to school. So I was once again very tired today. This weekend, though, I am going to be looking at getting a lot of rest in preparation of quads Monday. Front squats, leg press, barbell hack squat, and either leg extensions or lunges, not sure. But we are going to try and tear it up! Have a good night.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome pulls man! Sounds like everything is going really well. I actually do that same type of split, i do Squat and Quads and Deads and Hams and i really like it a lot! Keep up the hard work!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see another positive experience with Powermax. Your log is highly detailed and we appreciate that, really allows us to get a sense of how Powermax works for different individuals with different training approaches and backgrounds. I like the training split, what will you be training next?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see another positive experience with Powermax. Your log is highly detailed and we appreciate that, really allows us to get a sense of how Powermax works for different individuals with different training approaches and backgrounds. I like the training split, what will you be training next?
Well, I go Monday thru Friday. Today I did legs. All the positives have continued. My wife commented on the vascularity in my shoulders and I didn't even do those today. So if you are a fan of vascularity, definitely a great product.

Today was unique in the fact that my focus was good but I didn't get the workout I wanted. Primarily because some high school kids kept jibber-jabberin' with me and I didn't want to be a dick. Asking me if I'm on ph's. :lmao: Normally when people talk to me it's hard to focus and stay up for the workout. That's why I just go by myself.

Front Squats: 205 x 6, 2 sets of 225 x 2, 185 x 8, and feet hip-width apart with 145lbs for 10. This was actually more than last week so that made me happy. It's hard for me to get in the zone when people are talking to me, especially when it comes to working out.

Leg Press:. 8 plates on each side. I wanted 10 but only got 7. My brain felt done. Went up to 8 on each side plus 25's and got 5. Better than I anticipated. Dropped down to 5 plates each side and got out 23, then dropped down to 4 plates each side and got 21 after about a minutes rest.

Barbell Hack Squats: 235lbs x 6, 235lbs x 7, 235lbs x 6. Feet positioned hip width apart. I like these WAY better than the hack squat machine. Normally I use 35's to get a deeper range of motion but someone had left 235 on the floor and I said f*ck it.

Leg Extensions: 7 plates down x 15. Turned toes out and got a set of 11 after about 45 seconds rest.

I started to run short on time because of the kids talking to me so I will have to make up calves tomorrow with chest and do an extra hamstring exercise on Friday. Next time, I will try and avoid them. haha Real quick though I wanted to comment on the value. Some AM members talked about finding this product for 20. That is an outstanding value for everything this product provides. I have been sleeping well since taking this product even though I go to the gym at nighttime. And with the focus factor it would definitely be welcome for you during the day time as well. I still have almost a month left, but I am thoroughly impressed thus far.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome glad your enjoying it so much. And your right you can find it pretty cheap which is awesome for such a good product. There are stores that constantly have it for $26-29.99 and do deals with it as low as $19.99! You really cant beat that!

I know what you mean about being bothered, i always keep my head phones on and pretend i dont hear em if someone tries to talk, its jsut to hard to workout and have a conversation.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Powermax is definitely offers high quality value for its price point. Generally, online its advertised between $26.00-$30.00! There have been some deal of the days where it's been advertised as low as $19.99. The value is great anyway you put it, but stay tuned for all featured deals and promotions on our Facebook page and on forums.

Seems like you had a great workout once again, minus the highschooler's shooting the **** about god knows what. I too work alone, unless having a solid and dedicated workout partner. "NOT NOW CHIEF I'm in the Fu*cking Zone"

Looking forward to your next update, keep training hard!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Alright, tonight was chest. 14 sets. I went a little higher rep route, at least for me. Normally I do not dabble in the 10-12 range, but I wanted to see what an agmatine sulfate pump was like. Needless to say, I was VERY impressed. I feel so full and striated. My diet wasn't the best today. I had to change a flat tire on my minivan at work and after I was done pissing with that I did NOT want my normal meals at work. haha So I was tired, real tired by the time I got to the gym. I almost decided to go to sleep with my wife and 3 year old, but I really wanted to get my workout in. I'm glad I did.

Incline Press: 185 x 4, 185 x 3. I was pretty happy with this considering my hands felt really tired loosening up the lug nuts today. I felt like I couldn't get the grip that I like which translated into less explosion than I like. I feel like if I would have been a little more awake that 6 wouldn't have been an issue and then I could have tried a personal best 195 for 4-5. Next I did 155 x 9 and 135 x 11. It was nice giving my brain a chance to relax a little.

Reverse Grip Bench Press: I love this exercise. 185x 8, 205 x 4, 175 x 8, 155 x 10. One of my favorites.

Neutral Grip Dumbbell Bench: I hadn't tried this exercise before, so I only used 60lb db's. I did 9, 8, then 9 again. I felt like this exercise would be really good for building up the middle of the chest.

Standing db crossover: Hadn't done this exercise in forever. I do it like a low pulley cable crossover. So this may be the wrong name. haha Used 20lbs so I could stay above 10 reps. I love the way I look when I do this exercise. Super pumped at the end.

All the positive attributes from before still exist. I haven't built any kind of tolerance, focus is still awesome. Talk to you all tomorrow night.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It sounds like its working quite well for you. As well that's an awesome workout, hitting chest from all the different angles!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like its working quite well for you. As well that's an awesome workout, hitting chest from all the different angles!
Thank ya for following along man. I appreciate that someone is paying attention. I know people are reading it, so I am trying to be as detailed as possible to give this product as best of a description as I can relate. Next week I am going to try and throw some pictures up. People at the gym ask me what I do for abs and I say "front squats and deadlifts" haha Some of them look at me funny like I'm a liar

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Today was back. After the pump I had yesterday on chest I was excited to finally try this out on my back. This will make my first full week with this product. Again, I can not say enough about the increase in vascularity. I am getting veins in my chest and lats that I haven't seen in a long time. A great motivator!

Pull ups: I always start with pull ups of various kinds, but normally wide grip. I have worked up to a 25lb plate hanging from me and I grounded out 6, 5, 5, and 5. I end my set when my chin doesn't come up over the bar anymore. Next, I did two sets of bw pull ups. I set of 12 and a set of 9. This is a PR for me.

Bent over rows: Normally, my first two sets I do with my thumbs behind the bar to take my forearms and biceps out of play as much as possible. I did 215 x 4 because my hands still feel tired. They are dry, cracked, and sometimes bleeding. So on my second set I went up to 225 and did with a closed hand very mindful of contracting my lats and got 4 again. Sort of a redemption. I dropped down to 185 with my thumbs back behind the bar and got 10, so I was pretty happy. Ended it with 155 for 11.

One arm row: My first 2 sets were 90lbs for 8 each set. I dropped down to 60 and did a set of 9 with a one-two second pause at the top.

One arm straight arm lat pulldown: Here lately I have been experimenting with my last two sets and doing them in a sort continuous/rest pause fashion. Sometimes one arm lat pulldowns as well along with one arm rows. I'll pick a weight where I can get 6-12 and I'll do a set of whatever on my rightside first, then my left, back to my right, then back to my left to finish. I count that as one set but it's like getting 2. I do 2 sets this way. 60lbs 8 then 4 each side. Dropped down to 40 and did 8 and 8 each side.

Rear delt laterals: 3 sets of 10, 10, 8 with 30lb dumbbells.

All in all, a good workout. Like I said, I am going to try and post pictures next week hopefully. Maybe some relaxed and then postworkout pictures to show the effects of the product.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Powermax is definitely offers high quality value for its price point. Generally, online its advertised between $26.00-$30.00! There have been some deal of the days where it's been advertised as low as $19.99. The value is great anyway you put it, but stay tuned for all featured deals and promotions on our Facebook page and on forums.

Seems like you had a great workout once again, minus the highschooler's shooting the **** about god knows what. I too work alone, unless having a solid and dedicated workout partner. "NOT NOW CHIEF I'm in the Fu*cking Zone"

Looking forward to your next update, keep training hard!
I appreciate the kind words man. I also appreciate you following along. Like I was saying, I want to try and do this product justice.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea we will def. be following along with your progress, glad your enjoying the product so much!

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I received two samples of this stuff last week. I really liked it. I'm sensitive to stims and I ordered sample because of their no jitters claim. They're tellin the truth. I had no jitters , when I first got to the gym about 15 minutes after drinking it I had a focused , morivated, uplifted warm feeling through my body. I was smiling and happy for no ****in reason and that's rare for me Unfortunately. Haha. I honestly had a slight euphoric feeling like I was about to start rolling on extacy(and no I'm not tryin to sell it). I agree with the OPs review except for the pumps, I didn't get more of a noticable pump than usual that i could notice but my intensity, stength and endurance was solid as hell. I slept fine that night and usually don't when taking a stim product in the afternoon. I hadn't used a pwo in almost 3 years and this was a great first one back. Ill be ordering a tub soon here.

Where can I get this stuff cheap? I saw adizzle post $19.99 a tub some places. Where is that place?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I received two samples of this stuff last week. I really liked it. I'm sensitive to stims and I ordered sample because of their no jitters claim. They're tellin the truth. I had no jitters , when I first got to the gym about 15 minutes after drinking it I had a focused , morivated, uplifted warm feeling through my body. I was smiling and happy for no ****in reason and that's rare for me Unfortunately. Haha. I honestly had a slight euphoric feeling like I was about to start rolling on extacy(and no I'm not tryin to sell it). I agree with the OPs review except for the pumps, I didn't get more of a noticable pump than usual that i could notice but my intensity, stength and endurance was solid as hell. I slept fine that night and usually don't when taking a stim product in the afternoon. I hadn't used a pwo in almost 3 years and this was a great first one back. Ill be ordering a tub soon here.

Where can I get this stuff cheap? I saw adizzle post $19.99 a tub some places. Where is that place?
Glad you like it so much brother, you should post a review in the Product Review section for us!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Seems like all great news and feedback for Powermax so far. Thanks for the update and most especially providing detailed logs to do Powermax Justice.

Looking forward to your next log update, happy Friday from Dr. Veritas and Performax Labs.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. I'm posting for my Thursday workout right now and later on I'll log my deadlift workout this evening. More of a speed day for that today. Anyway, here it is.

I changed my shoulder routine up a little bit Thursday and started power cleans today. 4 sets of 5 with 115lbs. I had to work into the form again but I felt like they were productive. Also, my right elbow has been giving me problems and I thought light power cleans would be better than trying to be a dumb dumb and increase weight for the sake of increasing weight.

Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 65 x 5, 65 x 4, 50 x 9. Again, the vascularity was very evident with this product. The focus is a different kind of focus. The usual things I have to think about before a particular lift have been exchanged with just thinking about the lift, which is nice. You really don't think about much else but lifting the weight.

Seated db laterals: 25x10, 25 x 8, 20 x 10. I wanted more of a straight feel to the movement this week since when I am standing I always feel inclined to cheat out a couple of extra reps.

Leaning db laterals: 20 x 10, 20 x 10, 20 x 8. I like this exercise but I hadn't done it in awhile.

Barbell Shrugs: 245 x 10, 265 x 8, 285 x 6, 295 x 4. My biggest limiter moving up to 285 and above was my grip strength. Kept pulling out of my right hand and I didn't have chalk available or I would have moved up in weight. haha

Dips: The dips I do today I try and keep my elbows close and my body upright to keep most of the stress on the tri's. I hung a 45lb plate and did 11, 10, 8.

Close grip bench: I had no drive in my bad elbow today. The last time I had my tendinitis flare up, it got so bad that I couldn't bench the barbell. So I am going to get some Cissus because that helped me out when I started coming back and hopefully that will help now. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. My first set I did 185 for 6, which is about 10lbs and two reps off from normal. I then tried 195, a weight I normally get 6-8 times and I could only do 1. My elbow pain totally stole my power. Left elbow was starting to be ridiculous at this point as well. I think I am going to switch out to back squats next week and see if this helps as well. I tried a set with just 155lbs and I labored through 6. It was not awesome. haha

Overhead db ext with 2 hands: I stayed light on this, only using 60lbs for 10 each set to keep strain off my elbow.

Overall, I am enjoying the product very much. My lifts feel productive. Like the mind/muscle connection is a little stronger. Obviously, there are other products out there, and with the release and anticipation for Enhanced and Uncut, your choices for good products isn't low. This is a really good product, though, especially for not being loaded stimulants. You would not be disappointed if you chose this product. One of my favorites.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Great detail and even better feedback. How long has your elbow been bothering you? What exercises/movements aggravate the area more, the best approach would be to allow yourself some time to recover or avoid repeated movements which are associated with tendonitis. I would recommend taking some anti-inflammatories(not within 2 hours of your workout) and icing the area immediately following your workout. This should help reduce the flare up you've been experiencing. If things aren't looking better after another week or so, I would take a nice break.Looking forward to your workout update today.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I apologize for the lack of posting this past week. I was sick Monday and Tuesday and didn't really feel like eating until Thursday. Then, my wife picked up the junk that I had and she was sick Thursday until yesterday. So Monday I will be back on track, hitting it extra hard. Between not going to the gym and not being able to eat I have lost 5 lbs. The wonderful world of vomit and diarrhea. Again, I will be back at it tomorrow. Thanks again for following.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No worries thanks for the update brother! Looking forward to your next workouts!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Are you getting any better yet brother?
Yeah. If my wife hadn't of been sick Thursday and Friday, I may have tried to go Friday night. I figured f it. I'll go tonight. I'm finally eating and feeling better. So we shall see how it goes. I lost 4 lbs so I expect to lose some strength. But again, I am going this evening to try and get some of that back. haha I appreciate you asking man.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Alright. I was able to get back into the gym last night for my quad workout. I was excited because I lost 5 lbs and I was expecting greater strength loss than what happened. Energy and focus is still there with this product. I like the aggression that it gives me.

Front Squat: 205x5, 225x2, 225x1, 185x8, 145x11 olympic style. I only lost one rep on my second set of 225. My stamina was very good. I guess with my weight loss and pretty much maintaining my strength, I technically increased my strength to size :) haha

Leg Press: 7 plates on each side + 25s for 10, 8 plates for 6, 5 plates and a 25 by 20, 4 plates x 22. My last two sets I lost a little endurance. My 8 plates strength wasn't as good as it has been, but that's ok.

Barbell Hack Squat: I used 35 lb plates this time for more range of motion. 185 x 8, 205 x 6 twice.

Leg Extensions: 6 plates down for 20, 6 plates again 30 seconds for 12 with a one second pause at the top.

I missed some endurance and strength, but that was to be expected. I'll try and post again tonight after chest.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome, glad your getting that aggression too, thats one thing i really love about this product, really good focus!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Alright. Just finished my chest workout for tonight. Relatively pleased with my strength. I think it will be about a week or so before my strength on all my body parts is back. I cheated today and had 3 scoops. The first was a noon, though. I forgot to bring a little change to work for a caffeinated beverage. But, since my hours at work were changed to 10 in the morning to 9 at night, I brought my PowerMax with me because I go straight to the gym after work. All things considered, here is what my chest workout looked like today.

Incline Dumbbell Bench: 80x7, 80x5, 65x8, 50x11. 80 for that many reps is a personal best for me. I was really happy with that. If I wasn't sick last week, I think I may have been able to get 9 and been willing to try 85's.

Reverse Grip Bench: 195x4, 205x4, 175x7, 155x8. I don't know what went on my first set. haha It's like my body didn't feel like working until I went to 205. So I was pretty happy with that.

Neutral Grip Dumbbell Bench: 65x7, 65x7, 50x9. Did a little bit more weight than I did the last time I tried this exercise.

Incline dumbbell fly: 30x7, 25x8, 18x11. I tried these a little differently than usual. My reps suffered, but we'll see how I feel in the morning as to whether or not this worked. I read where Arnold went well below parallel and only came up about parallel or so because he thought it kept constant tension on the chest. That is no lie! I felt all kinds of stretched and pumped afterwards.

Today was a pretty good workout considering the increase in hours at work (I have a physical labor job in a warehouse, excellent for strength gains haha) so I am excited about the rest of this week and going into next. Oh, no elbow trouble! It would have hurt if I benched, so I didn't. Problem solved! For now anyway.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Great detail and even better feedback. How long has your elbow been bothering you? What exercises/movements aggravate the area more, the best approach would be to allow yourself some time to recover or avoid repeated movements which are associated with tendonitis. I would recommend taking some anti-inflammatories(not within 2 hours of your workout) and icing the area immediately following your workout. This should help reduce the flare up you've been experiencing. If things aren't looking better after another week or so, I would take a nice break.Looking forward to your workout update today.
You know, I tried that method before (ice/nsaids) with breaks and for some reason my elbow kept degrading. I was working in a factory, though, so that didn't help. This time, I am avoiding bench and probably close-grip for the time being. The only time it gives me problems is when I whack it real good on something. That's what happened this time. Cissus solved all my problems when I started lifting again. I haven't taken it in like 7 weeks, whacked my elbow hard on metal at work, started killing me all over again.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea that looks like an awesome workout. And thats funny about the PowerMax, thats exactly what i do. I take 1 scoop right when i wake up in place of coffee then 2 scoops 30 min pre workout later in the afternoon!

Again, thanks for all the detail!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
You know, I tried that method before (ice/nsaids) with breaks and for some reason my elbow kept degrading. I was working in a factory, though, so that didn't help. This time, I am avoiding bench and probably close-grip for the time being. The only time it gives me problems is when I whack it real good on something. That's what happened this time. Cissus solved all my problems when I started lifting again. I haven't taken it in like 7 weeks, whacked my elbow hard on metal at work, started killing me all over again.
Damn sorry to hear man. Well it seems like Cissus works, and its time to jump back on some! Would you think its more of a tendonitis symptom or something specifically isolated to joint pain?

I only bring up Tendonitis, because it seems like your work/occupation requires quite bit of physical labor and then to top it off with some heavy ass lifting.

I agree with the ice/Nsaids experience, however I found to work quite well when my injury/pain wasn't as severe. It's a good precautionary step, but should look into something else if it isn't getting better in 5-7 days.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I meant to post my back workout last Wednesday night but it has been hectic. 11 and a half hour shifts are wearing me out. haha

A couple of comments. After having the product for basically a month, I have noticed no real clumping, which is outstanding. You might get a tiny one, but simply press the scooper on it and problem solved. Some companies do not like to put in the moisture packs and it makes a huge difference when they do. Powder make-up has stayed the same as well. No discoloration, weird flavoring or anything of that sort.

Energy on the product is still good. Obviously a little bit of tolerance builds, but it was never meant to be a high stim product so it's not that big of a deal. The aggression and the focus are still there, which is what I need more of at night time.

Back workout: Pull-ups with 25lb plate: 6, 4, 4, 4, 3. BW 12, 7

Bent over rows: 215 x 6 with thumbs behind bar to make the forearms and biceps less active. 235 x 3 with thumbs wrapped around bar. 185 x 10 with thumbs behind bar again. 165lbs with body completely parallel to floor for 8. Normally, I go to 45 degrees or less for each set, but on my last set I like to go all the way to parallel and really focus on my middle traps along with my lats.

T-Bar Row: I always do these the old school way with a barbell in the corner of the gym. 3 45's x 10, 4 45's x 7, 3 45's again for 8 but with a two second pause at the top.

Seated Cable row wide grip supersetted with underhand grip to extend the set x 2 sets.

Finished with face pulls and 6 sets of 2 different rear lateral movements to finish off my back.

Tonight I will try and get last nights leg workout posted and tonights chest workout. My hours are from 10 until 9:30 so I am trying to keep up with everything as best as I can.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Damn sounds like a great workout and im glad there is no clumping issues. Those cards are actually a lot more effective then the packets!!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys. I have 3 days of workouts to post here. Luckily, I also write my workouts down so I can I'm always progressing.

Monday was my leg day once again. Here's how it went:

Front Squats: 205 x 6, 225 x 3, 225 x 2, 185 x 8, 145 x 10 close stance style. My strength actually went up this week as far as this exercise goes. I was very happy to hit 225 for 3 after a couple of weeks of two. Slowly but surely I am progressing.

Leg Press: This was interesting this week. The leg press machine at my gym has an adjustable seat back. Normally it's on its highest setting and I think nothing of it. I lower the weight until my thighs touch my stomach/chest area. Well, I decided I would lower the seat back to get more range of motion. I have very long legs and it occured to me that the seat position was not benefitting me. Needless to say, the increased range of motion was an eye opener. It is now a bit deeper to get down to my stomach/chest area. Instead of right around 90 degress, it is actually greater. Needless to say, I had to reduce the weight I was accustomed to. It is well worth it, though, considering I still have leg soreness today.

Barbell Hack Squats: I used the 35lb plates again to get a little more range of motion. 185 x 8, 215 x 7, 215 x 6.

Leg Ext: 6 plates down 2 second pause at the top. First set 16, then 12

Leg Curls: 5 sets. During leg curls, I switch my foot position. For example, my first 3 sets I flex my ankle like I am trying to touch my toes to my shins. On the last set, I was one plate away from doing the whole stack and I did it for 4. The next 2 I flexed my ankles the complete opposite direction to hit my hams more down towards my knee. Obviously, I had to reduce weight because you aren't as strong in this position. I reduced the weight by 2 plates and did a set of 8, reduced one more for a set of 10.

Another note: I made a conscientious effort to keep an eye on my rest times throughout my workout. I didn't really do it these last 3 months because I just kinda went into my next set when I felt like it. This time, I waited 3 minutes on my heavy front squat sets and 90 seconds on the sets I reduced weight. On leg press, I waited two minutes between each set. Even less time on hack squats and even less time on leg extensions. That could be another reason for the increased soreness.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Chest day:

Dumbbell Incline: 85lbs x 5 (PR!) x 2, x2. Then 60 x 10, then 8.

Reverse grip bench press: 195 x 6, 205 x 3, 225 x 2, 185 x 7, 165 x 8

Dumbbell Bench: 80lbs x 6, 65 x 8, 65 x 7.

Low pulley cable crossover: only 2 plates down for 2 sets of 10. My upper chest was fried! haha

Felt really good, really strong. Aggression and energy was great.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Back day:

Pull-ups: With 25lb weight: 7, 5, 4, 4. BW for 13 (PR! again), then 7.

Reverse grip bent-over rows: With thumbs behind bar: 225 x 6. With thumbs wrapped around bar: 235x5. Then 195lbs x 8, then 165lbs x 10 completely parallel to the floor.

Dumbbell row. Did them a little differently this time. Placed my hand on the end of a bench and let the weight come to a stop on the floor each rep. I made a sharper effort to reset my self each rep to get the most out of it. Also had my arm flaring out a little bit to get maximum lat feel.
80 x 9, 8, 8.

One arm pull down: 60 lbs. I did it sort of like an extended set. I did 12 each side and then went right into it with no rest to do another 10.
80lbs: 8 reps each side, then 4 each side. Felt huge afterward haha

Then a couple of sets of face pulls then 4 sets of rear laterals to finish off.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I will say this about this product. My strength has progressed very well with it. I don't know if it is the extra feeling of aggression and want to or what, but I have gotten noticable stronger with this product. I feel like a machine when I drink this. Just good focus.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for keeping us so up to date and making frequent detailed posts. Its good to have consistency and in-depth feedback to get a sense of how a product works.

Glad Powermax is helping you get stronger, driving you harder in the gym with the increased level of focus you've experienced.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to lay down some final thoughts for the end of my log. First of all, the next time I log something, it will be for something I bought haha. I feel guilty missing a week because of sickness and then work picking up and not having time to sit down daily the last week or so and post. I do hope everyone got a pretty good idea that PowerMax is a kick ass product. The onset of pumps is much faster versus a lot of other products I have tried. The endurance was great. The focus and aggression is what I really enjoyed the most about this product. I thought of nothing but working on my muscles I was doing that day and didn't need to think of some of the things I normally have to to get myself going. I was ready to go superfast between my sets and at times had to hold myself back from my next heavy set I was so ready to go. The low stims was fantastic for me being a night time lifter. I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to fall asleep at midnight instead of 1 sometimes 2 in the morning. For those going first thing in the morning with this, just try it out and see what you think. It may be enough, or maybe add just a little bit of caffeine. Thanks Adizzle for letting me run this product. Hopefully I did it justice. Thanks again.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot for the final thoughts brother, really glad you enjoyed it so much!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for sharing your Powermax experience with Adizzle and myself! Looks like a great run and I hope this is something you'd consider throwing into your workout arsenal.