ryane87 doin' the PowerMax thing (Sponsored log)

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Veritas View Post
    Great detail and even better feedback. How long has your elbow been bothering you? What exercises/movements aggravate the area more, the best approach would be to allow yourself some time to recover or avoid repeated movements which are associated with tendonitis. I would recommend taking some anti-inflammatories(not within 2 hours of your workout) and icing the area immediately following your workout. This should help reduce the flare up you've been experiencing. If things aren't looking better after another week or so, I would take a nice break.Looking forward to your workout update today.
    You know, I tried that method before (ice/nsaids) with breaks and for some reason my elbow kept degrading. I was working in a factory, though, so that didn't help. This time, I am avoiding bench and probably close-grip for the time being. The only time it gives me problems is when I whack it real good on something. That's what happened this time. Cissus solved all my problems when I started lifting again. I haven't taken it in like 7 weeks, whacked my elbow hard on metal at work, started killing me all over again.

2. Hell yea that looks like an awesome workout. And thats funny about the PowerMax, thats exactly what i do. I take 1 scoop right when i wake up in place of coffee then 2 scoops 30 min pre workout later in the afternoon!

Again, thanks for all the detail!
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    You know, I tried that method before (ice/nsaids) with breaks and for some reason my elbow kept degrading. I was working in a factory, though, so that didn't help. This time, I am avoiding bench and probably close-grip for the time being. The only time it gives me problems is when I whack it real good on something. That's what happened this time. Cissus solved all my problems when I started lifting again. I haven't taken it in like 7 weeks, whacked my elbow hard on metal at work, started killing me all over again.
    Damn sorry to hear man. Well it seems like Cissus works, and its time to jump back on some! Would you think its more of a tendonitis symptom or something specifically isolated to joint pain?

I only bring up Tendonitis, because it seems like your work/occupation requires quite bit of physical labor and then to top it off with some heavy ass lifting.

I agree with the ice/Nsaids experience, however I found to work quite well when my injury/pain wasn't as severe. It's a good precautionary step, but should look into something else if it isn't getting better in 5-7 days.
    Former- Performax Labs Online Company Rep.

4. Alright, I meant to post my back workout last Wednesday night but it has been hectic. 11 and a half hour shifts are wearing me out. haha

A couple of comments. After having the product for basically a month, I have noticed no real clumping, which is outstanding. You might get a tiny one, but simply press the scooper on it and problem solved. Some companies do not like to put in the moisture packs and it makes a huge difference when they do. Powder make-up has stayed the same as well. No discoloration, weird flavoring or anything of that sort.

Energy on the product is still good. Obviously a little bit of tolerance builds, but it was never meant to be a high stim product so it's not that big of a deal. The aggression and the focus are still there, which is what I need more of at night time.

Back workout: Pull-ups with 25lb plate: 6, 4, 4, 4, 3. BW 12, 7

Bent over rows: 215 x 6 with thumbs behind bar to make the forearms and biceps less active. 235 x 3 with thumbs wrapped around bar. 185 x 10 with thumbs behind bar again. 165lbs with body completely parallel to floor for 8. Normally, I go to 45 degrees or less for each set, but on my last set I like to go all the way to parallel and really focus on my middle traps along with my lats.

T-Bar Row: I always do these the old school way with a barbell in the corner of the gym. 3 45's x 10, 4 45's x 7, 3 45's again for 8 but with a two second pause at the top.

Seated Cable row wide grip supersetted with underhand grip to extend the set x 2 sets.

Finished with face pulls and 6 sets of 2 different rear lateral movements to finish off my back.

Tonight I will try and get last nights leg workout posted and tonights chest workout. My hours are from 10 until 9:30 so I am trying to keep up with everything as best as I can.

5. Damn sounds like a great workout and im glad there is no clumping issues. Those cards are actually a lot more effective then the packets!!

6. Alright guys. I have 3 days of workouts to post here. Luckily, I also write my workouts down so I can I'm always progressing.

Monday was my leg day once again. Here's how it went:

Front Squats: 205 x 6, 225 x 3, 225 x 2, 185 x 8, 145 x 10 close stance style. My strength actually went up this week as far as this exercise goes. I was very happy to hit 225 for 3 after a couple of weeks of two. Slowly but surely I am progressing.

Leg Press: This was interesting this week. The leg press machine at my gym has an adjustable seat back. Normally it's on its highest setting and I think nothing of it. I lower the weight until my thighs touch my stomach/chest area. Well, I decided I would lower the seat back to get more range of motion. I have very long legs and it occured to me that the seat position was not benefitting me. Needless to say, the increased range of motion was an eye opener. It is now a bit deeper to get down to my stomach/chest area. Instead of right around 90 degress, it is actually greater. Needless to say, I had to reduce the weight I was accustomed to. It is well worth it, though, considering I still have leg soreness today.

Barbell Hack Squats: I used the 35lb plates again to get a little more range of motion. 185 x 8, 215 x 7, 215 x 6.

Leg Ext: 6 plates down 2 second pause at the top. First set 16, then 12

Leg Curls: 5 sets. During leg curls, I switch my foot position. For example, my first 3 sets I flex my ankle like I am trying to touch my toes to my shins. On the last set, I was one plate away from doing the whole stack and I did it for 4. The next 2 I flexed my ankles the complete opposite direction to hit my hams more down towards my knee. Obviously, I had to reduce weight because you aren't as strong in this position. I reduced the weight by 2 plates and did a set of 8, reduced one more for a set of 10.

Another note: I made a conscientious effort to keep an eye on my rest times throughout my workout. I didn't really do it these last 3 months because I just kinda went into my next set when I felt like it. This time, I waited 3 minutes on my heavy front squat sets and 90 seconds on the sets I reduced weight. On leg press, I waited two minutes between each set. Even less time on hack squats and even less time on leg extensions. That could be another reason for the increased soreness.

7. Chest day:

Dumbbell Incline: 85lbs x 5 (PR!) x 2, x2. Then 60 x 10, then 8.

Reverse grip bench press: 195 x 6, 205 x 3, 225 x 2, 185 x 7, 165 x 8

Dumbbell Bench: 80lbs x 6, 65 x 8, 65 x 7.

Low pulley cable crossover: only 2 plates down for 2 sets of 10. My upper chest was fried! haha

Felt really good, really strong. Aggression and energy was great.

8. Back day:

Pull-ups: With 25lb weight: 7, 5, 4, 4. BW for 13 (PR! again), then 7.

Reverse grip bent-over rows: With thumbs behind bar: 225 x 6. With thumbs wrapped around bar: 235x5. Then 195lbs x 8, then 165lbs x 10 completely parallel to the floor.

Dumbbell row. Did them a little differently this time. Placed my hand on the end of a bench and let the weight come to a stop on the floor each rep. I made a sharper effort to reset my self each rep to get the most out of it. Also had my arm flaring out a little bit to get maximum lat feel.
    80 x 9, 8, 8.

One arm pull down: 60 lbs. I did it sort of like an extended set. I did 12 each side and then went right into it with no rest to do another 10.
    80lbs: 8 reps each side, then 4 each side. Felt huge afterward haha

Then a couple of sets of face pulls then 4 sets of rear laterals to finish off.

9. I will say this about this product. My strength has progressed very well with it. I don't know if it is the extra feeling of aggression and want to or what, but I have gotten noticable stronger with this product. I feel like a machine when I drink this. Just good focus.

10. Thanks for keeping us so up to date and making frequent detailed posts. Its good to have consistency and in-depth feedback to get a sense of how a product works.

Glad Powermax is helping you get stronger, driving you harder in the gym with the increased level of focus you've experienced.

11. Just wanted to lay down some final thoughts for the end of my log. First of all, the next time I log something, it will be for something I bought haha. I feel guilty missing a week because of sickness and then work picking up and not having time to sit down daily the last week or so and post. I do hope everyone got a pretty good idea that PowerMax is a kick ass product. The onset of pumps is much faster versus a lot of other products I have tried. The endurance was great. The focus and aggression is what I really enjoyed the most about this product. I thought of nothing but working on my muscles I was doing that day and didn't need to think of some of the things I normally have to to get myself going. I was ready to go superfast between my sets and at times had to hold myself back from my next heavy set I was so ready to go. The low stims was fantastic for me being a night time lifter. I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to fall asleep at midnight instead of 1 sometimes 2 in the morning. For those going first thing in the morning with this, just try it out and see what you think. It may be enough, or maybe add just a little bit of caffeine. Thanks Adizzle for letting me run this product. Hopefully I did it justice. Thanks again.

12. Thanks a lot for the final thoughts brother, really glad you enjoyed it so much!

13. Thanks for sharing your Powermax experience with Adizzle and myself! Looks like a great run and I hope this is something you'd consider throwing into your workout arsenal.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Scavenging the Iron Jungle, for the GOLD FEAST (sponsored log)
    By jumpshot903 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 12:51 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 04:57 PM
  3. Replies: 327
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 12:09 PM
  4. Enlisting in the pSARM-y. (Sponsored Log)
    By whatastud08 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 11:40 PM
  5. sdmf45 goes on the rag! MST sponsored log.
    By sdmf45 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 03:54 PM