Versa-1, Compound 20, Jacked Micro, USPowders - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Versa-1, Compound 20, Jacked Micro, USPowders

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
  1. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Not really a big fan of "mega" dosing but I don't know if I'd consider 20g a mega-dose. I use 5g Leucine pre and post so if that was a BCAA product that'd be near 20g.
    Fair enough and good point! How have you found that has impacted you?

  2. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,417
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    3459532

    I have been doing that for pretty much forever so I'd have to drop it to see any real changes. I feel it helps my recovery though.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  3. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,343
    Answers
    5
    Rep Power
    3748834

    I wouldn't consider 20g "mega" dosing either. I've been training fasted with MBCAA+ both pre and post (usually 2 scoops pre/1scoop post). My first meal is usually within 1.5 hours after my workout. I may experiment with different dosing, but it's been going well with my current approach.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Thanks for the input guys. I'm current training Wednesdays and Fridays around 6 with one meal in my system and Fasted on Saturday's and Sunday's. I can budget for 20 g's a day both on workout and non workout days. I typically break my "fast" between 12 and 2. Thoughts on how to experiment?

    I'm trying to get away from diet soda during the work day and thats why I bought bcaas lol.. they are cheaper and healthier. I was thinking of sipping 10-20 g's before my fast or throughout the day on non workout days in place of soda cravings.
  5. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Deadlift explosive

    deadlift from 1 inch deficit-
    295 x 8 sets x 3 reps 30 seconds between each set

    snatch grip 4 inch block pulls-
    250 x 3 sets x 12 reps

    olympic pause squats-
    185 x 3 sets x 8 reps

    band pulldowns
    4 sets x 15 reps

    hyperextensions
    2 sets x 25 reps

    shrugs-
    275 x 3 sets x 12 reps

    this workout may look easy on paper but man it was tough. Rather quick pace and no belt for any of the work
  6. Professional Member
    bean5er's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,699
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3890115

    Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post
    Deadlift explosive

    deadlift from 1 inch deficit-
    295 x 8 sets x 3 reps 30 seconds between each set

    snatch grip 4 inch block pulls-
    250 x 3 sets x 12 reps

    olympic pause squats-
    185 x 3 sets x 8 reps

    band pulldowns
    4 sets x 15 reps

    hyperextensions
    2 sets x 25 reps

    shrugs-
    275 x 3 sets x 12 reps

    this workout may look easy on paper but man it was tough. Rather quick pace and no belt for any of the work
    Very nice workout!
    Independent
  7. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,343
    Answers
    5
    Rep Power
    3748834

    Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm current training Wednesdays and Fridays around 6 with one meal in my system and Fasted on Saturday's and Sunday's. I can budget for 20 g's a day both on workout and non workout days. I typically break my "fast" between 12 and 2. Thoughts on how to experiment?

    I'm trying to get away from diet soda during the work day and thats why I bought bcaas lol.. they are cheaper and healthier. I was thinking of sipping 10-20 g's before my fast or throughout the day on non workout days in place of soda cravings.
    I'd recommend using them around your workouts when training fasted. You could "experiment" with exactly how you want to go about it; pre, pre/post, intra, etc. However, I personally wouldn't use them post-workout alone if fasted. You could use them around your workouts on all training days as well.

    There's nothing wrong with using them as a diet soda replacement before your fast, but I'd rather use them when fasting. I used to drink a ton of diet soda at work as well. I think I was just craving the caffeine more than the soda itself. Thankfully, I grew out of that phase and haven't had any in a couple years.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  8. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,343
    Answers
    5
    Rep Power
    3748834

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

    Very nice workout!
    Agreed. Great job man!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  9. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Very nice workout!
    Thanks that rep work really sneaks up on you
  10. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,559
    Answers
    6
    Rep Power
    544907

    Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post

    Thanks that rep work really sneaks up on you
    Yeah man, that assistance is what builds the total. Especially them there snatch grips. Nice work with them, btw.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  11. Senior Member
    classic34's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,400
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1064249

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    I'd recommend using them around your workouts when training fasted. You could "experiment" with exactly how you want to go about it; pre, pre/post, intra, etc. However, I personally wouldn't use them post-workout alone if fasted. You could use them around your workouts on all training days as well.

    There's nothing wrong with using them as a diet soda replacement before your fast, but I'd rather use them when fasting. I used to drink a ton of diet soda at work as well. I think I was just craving the caffeine more than the soda itself. Thankfully, I grew out of that phase and haven't had any in a couple years.
    I agree with Breezy here. How about something like Crystal Light or Mio? Those should be cheaper than canned/bottled drinks like soda.
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

    usplabsdirect.com
  12. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,656
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2038258

    Quote Originally Posted by classic34 View Post

    I agree with Breezy here. How about something like Crystal Light or Mio? Those should be cheaper than canned/bottled drinks like soda.
    This^^^^

    I've been killing Mio sweet tea lately. I usually enjoy lighter flavors anyways and Mio really makes that easy & quick.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  13. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    There are good ideas in this thread! Thanks all. My back is already soreeee
  14. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Chest reps-

    Incline bench-
    worked up to 190 x 8 (smoked it)

    incline db bench-
    45s x 20
    45s x 15

    cgbp w fat grips-
    145 x 7 reps x 3 sets

    band flyes superset tricep push downs-
    25 reps x 4 sets of each

    klokov presses-
    dismal weight x 8 reps x 3 sets

    3d shoulders-
    20 reps x 3 sets

    holy pump.. Man I was inflated. And boy do I suck at high reps. Very humbling using these light weights and high reps. Feels good getting the blood flowing and not doing heavy set after heavy set. The incline press left a lot in the tank. Probably had 10-12 reps easy. This makes me happy!
  15. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,343
    Answers
    5
    Rep Power
    3748834

    Great job man. I haven't picked up the fat gripz yet, but started implementing various fat bar work into my routine. I'm loving it so far.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  16. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Great job man. I haven't picked up the fat gripz yet, but started implementing various fat bar work into my routine. I'm loving it so far.
    Thanks man. The fat bar I believe is similar in size to the blue fat gripz and the extreme are a little bigger. Pure awesomeness
  17. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Squats heavy-

    squats-
    280 x 2
    280 x 2
    295 x 2
    295 x 2

    Added reverse band

    315 x 2
    365 x 2
    405 x 3

    good mornings-
    185 x 8 reps x 3 sets (no belt)

    Leg press-
    450 x 20 reps x 3 sets

    lunges-
    12 reps x 3 sets

    hyperextensions-
    30 reps x 2 sets

    banded leg curls-
    50 reps x 2 sets

    crushed this workout. Two rep pr on the reverse bands. Feeling great things about my squatting!
  18. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,343
    Answers
    5
    Rep Power
    3748834

    Solid workout brother. Congrats on the PR!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  19. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Solid workout brother. Congrats on the PR!
    Thanks! Not much but gotta start somewhere. Nice to have confidence building in the squat. It finally feels right. Now just time to build the strength. Today's workout called for 280 for 5 sets of 2. Clearly getting strong(er). Eyes on the 500 lbs squat this year!
  20. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Bodybuilding day-

    landmine press-

    105 x 8 reps x 3 sets plus mini band

    superset with ez bar curls-

    80 x 12 reps x 3 sets

    calf raises-
    12 reps x 4 sets

    hs pulldowns
    12 reps x 3 sets

    3d shoulders
    12 reps x 3 sets

    some other back work and bis thrown in. Also did some Close grip pin presses and abs. Good day!
  21. Senior Member
    classic34's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,400
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1064249

    Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post
    Thanks! Not much but gotta start somewhere. Nice to have confidence building in the squat. It finally feels right. Now just time to build the strength. Today's workout called for 280 for 5 sets of 2. Clearly getting strong(er). Eyes on the 500 lbs squat this year!
    Big goals! I like that.
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

    usplabsdirect.com
  22. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Quote Originally Posted by classic34 View Post
    Big goals! I like that.
    Thanks! Looking to go 400/500/600 in the next war at around 200. I'm confident the way things are goin ill do it with squat and deadlift. I just like lifting heavy things!
  23. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,417
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    3459532

    Nice goals man. Those would be some big weights being thrown around.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  24. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,343
    Answers
    5
    Rep Power
    3748834

    Agreed. Love seeing the confidence and motivation. Stay consistent and you'll get there man.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  25. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Thanks all! Feeling good about it all.
    I think I'll be hitting a mid 500s pull and high 300s squat in the next 6 weeks. I'm really smoking weights.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,656
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2038258

    Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post
    Thanks all! Feeling good about it all.
    I think I'll be hitting a mid 500s pull and high 300s squat in the next 6 weeks. I'm really smoking weights.
    Nice, We'll be rooting you on!!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  27. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Thanks all! Today's feeling is bittersweet as I had a bit of a "sunday funday" yesterday at the neighbors and had some adult beverages. Not sore at all (thanks modern bcaa), but mildly disappointed I let go a little harder than normal. Was fun watching the games with some friends though.
  28. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,343
    Answers
    5
    Rep Power
    3748834

    Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post
    Thanks all! Today's feeling is bittersweet as I had a bit of a "sunday funday" yesterday at the neighbors and had some adult beverages. Not sore at all (thanks modern bcaa), but mildly disappointed I let go a little harder than normal. Was fun watching the games with some friends though.
    I wouldn't feel too bad about "letting go" once in a while. Sometimes a little break is needed...now get back to work!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  29. Elite Member
    herderdude's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,559
    Answers
    6
    Rep Power
    544907

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

    I wouldn't feel too bad about "letting go" once in a while. Sometimes a little break is needed...now get back to work!
    Agreed. This is what we do for fun. I certainly am not making any money off of my body (not legally, anyway). Don't be guilty about it. If it detracts from your physique enough, you'll do something about it. If it doesn't, don't sweat it.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  30. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Thanks all for being so positive! I have a soreness in my low hamstrings I've never felt before. It's glorious. Finally grooving on my GM's feels like its paying off. Excited for heavy Deads on Wednesday. Be yanking around some weights.

    Had a couple doses of modern bcaa today. I'm sure ill feel like a million bucks tomorrow. Time to keep getting strong(er)
  31. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,343
    Answers
    5
    Rep Power
    3748834

    Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post
    Thanks all for being so positive! I have a soreness in my low hamstrings I've never felt before. It's glorious. Finally grooving on my GM's feels like its paying off. Excited for heavy Deads on Wednesday. Be yanking around some weights.

    Had a couple doses of modern bcaa today. I'm sure ill feel like a million bucks tomorrow. Time to keep getting strong(er)
    No problem bud. Nothing like some "new" soreness.

    How's the Modern BCAA experimenting going? Did you decide on how you'll be using it?
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  32. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Dead lift heavy-

    deadlift with weight on 4 inch blocks-
    405 x 2
    425 x 2
    455 x 2
    475 x 2
    495 x 2

    Done with shoes on and no belt. Smoked these weights. Workout called for 395 for 5 sets of 2 based on my 495 max. The speed on these was awesome. I probably had 4-5 in me on 495 with no belt. This makes for an exciting future!

    snatch grip deadlift-
    320 x 8 reps x 2 sets

    shrugs-
    225 x 20 reps x 2 sets

    Hammer strength rows-
    4 pps x 8 reps x 3 sets and dropped to 3 pps x 8 on last set

    weighted abs-
    50 reps

    man I feel great. Went In a day early because I know I'd smoke it today. These weights FLEW around. Really excited to see where my deadlift is in the next 6 weeks. I think a mid to upper 500s is achievable. I got home from the gym feeling like I could go back and repeat the workout.

    regarding the modern bcaas, I still don't know what I'm doing. I haven't sipped throughout the day because the research leads me to believe it could actually have adverse effects. I've been having 10 gs with lunch and then on training days 10 gs with post workout meal. I have another bcaa product intra.

    prs are well on the way. Here we go human forklift project
  33. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,417
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    3459532

    320lbs on Snatch DLs? Dang thats some SOLID pulling!
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  34. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    320lbs on Snatch DLs? Dang thats some SOLID pulling!
    Thanks bro. Done from floor, no belt. Smoked these. Went super slow on negatives and had a lot in the tank. This is one of the most under rated exercises IMO
  35. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,343
    Answers
    5
    Rep Power
    3748834

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    320lbs on Snatch DLs? Dang thats some SOLID pulling!
    ^^^this. Great pulling overall man.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  36. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,417
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    3459532

    Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post
    Thanks bro. Done from floor, no belt. Smoked these. Went super slow on negatives and had a lot in the tank. This is one of the most under rated exercises IMO
    Ya I have been doing them much more now since starting Cube Method. Did some yesterday and my whole posterior chain is SMOKED. 320 is solid though, but the near 500lbs conventionals aren't too shabby either.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  37. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Ya I have been doing them much more now since starting Cube Method. Did some yesterday and my whole posterior chain is SMOKED. 320 is solid though, but the near 500lbs conventionals aren't too shabby either.
    Thanks.. I shoulda thrown the 2.5s on there and called it 500. I'm thinking next heavy pulling ill hit all doubles about 500, may even belt up! Bolt you're cubin???? You have a log? Let me know and I'm there.
  38. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,417
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    3459532

    Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post
    Thanks.. I shoulda thrown the 2.5s on there and called it 500. I'm thinking next heavy pulling ill hit all doubles about 500, may even belt up! Bolt you're cubin???? You have a log? Let me know and I'm there.
    No log at the moment. I probably should have started a Cube Training log but been pretty busy. I am on week 6 right now and really like it so far.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  39. New Member
    bigla2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    320
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54583

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    No log at the moment. I probably should have started a Cube Training log but been pretty busy. I am on week 6 right now and really like it so far.
    I'm on week 3 and I've never felt so powerful. You running as is? Keep me updated. I see bright futures for us!
  40. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,417
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    3459532

    Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post
    I'm on week 3 and I've never felt so powerful. You running as is? Keep me updated. I see bright futures for us!
    Ya using the percentages outlined as is and following the ideas behind assistance (hence the inclusion of the snatch grip work). Ya you are much stronger than I am.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Versa 1, Erase Pro, Compound 20
    By SuppJunkie in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 01:05 PM
  2. Compound 20 by USPLabs
    By USPlabsRep in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 04:54 AM
  3. Molding The Dough with Compound 20 (Beta Test)
    By Sourdough in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 417
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 09:23 AM
  4. My journey in Compound-20.
    By fightbackhxc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 01:29 PM
  5. Replies: 154
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 09:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in