Versa-1, Compound 20, Jacked Micro, USPowders

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Nice stack and as a retired powerlifter i like the workouts..good luck..sj

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    If you're gonna do paused squats (by all means, do them up, they're a game changer) try sitting at parallel. It's a lot easier to rest your hams on your calves than it is to make your hips find where you're strongest and keep you suspended. I've done a paused Front Squat ATG with more weight than I've been able to pause at parallel.

Paused parallel squats + paused oly squats = unstoppable holeshot.

Count me in on this. Happy Cubing from a fellow Cuber.
    wow really great point. Never looked at it in that light. Definitely going to keep up paused oly but will have to work in sole paused parallel with my slightly wider stance!

did you run as is? How have your results been?
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuppJunkie View Post
    Nice stack and as a retired powerlifter i like the workouts..good luck..sj
    Thanks brothern. I'm just a guy who wants to be a human forklift. No use in looking big if you can't move some heavy **** IMO
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post

wow really great point. Never looked at it in that light. Definitely going to keep up paused oly but will have to work in sole paused parallel with my slightly wider stance!

did you run as is? How have your results been?
    I tried to run it as it's laid out, but I have been working with a nagging lower back injury that prevents me from deadlifting. One thing of note is that I have hit a 45lb squat PR. Which was unimaginable to me just a few weeks ago.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  5. Registered User
    Answers

I tried to run it as it's laid out, but I have been working with a nagging lower back injury that prevents me from deadlifting. One thing of note is that I have hit a 45lb squat PR. Which was unimaginable to me just a few weeks ago.
    That's great! That's how I'm doing it the first time through.. trying to get to 400/500/600 within a year or so at a similar bodyweight.

As a side note to all, I purchased Versa-1 to extend the run. Wanted to see how this will impact my training over 8 weeks. Hope its worth it. Got some bulk modern bcaa too! May try megadosing them.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Powerlifting is a marathon and not a sprint, but setting high long term goals is huge. I'm at 500/365/465 right now. The Cube will help. Gain all the knowledge you can. And drink that Modern like it's water!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Powerlifting is a marathon and not a sprint, but setting high long term goals is huge. I'm at 500/365/465 right now. The Cube will help. Gain all the knowledge you can. And drink that Modern like it's water!
    Absolutely.. I'm within 100 of all those as of today, and those numbers are close to 50 lbs off of my all time bests of each lift. So lofty, but certainly achievable in a year or two if everything comes together.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.
    Answers

That's great! That's how I'm doing it the first time through.. trying to get to 400/500/600 within a year or so at a similar bodyweight.As a side note to all, I purchased Versa-1 to extend the run. Wanted to see how this will impact my training over 8 weeks. Hope its worth it. Got some bulk modern bcaa too! May try megadosing them.
    Awesome! No need to exceed 1 cap/day of VERSA-1 (plus you only have 30 caps in a bottle), but some extra BCAAs never hurt.
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

usplabsdirect.com
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I agree with classic; 1 cap daily is all that's needed...and using 2 caps leaves you with half the time to make progress.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  347 lbs.
    Answers

1 cap is where it's at. Nice log. Keep up the great training.
    Sponsored Logs
    {Division 1, Licogenix, Formula-X} (Courtesy JD and Athletix)
    {Amino1} (Courtesy JPMiller and MusclePharm)
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Yesterday's chest workout

floor press-
    220 x 5 sets x 2 reps

varied the grips.. These felt pretty good. My floor press BLOWS so I'm thinking increasing it will have good crossover to my bench.

paused bench-
    165 x 14
    145 x 13

wanted to hit 15 on each of these.. They flew off the chest but man did I learn my tris are weak.

wide grip pull-ups-
    bw x 12
    bw x 12
    bw x 10

band push downs-
    4 sets of 25 reps

db shrugs-
    100s x 15 reps x 3 sets

held each rep for a second or two contracted

klokov press-
    humbling weight x 10 reps x 3 sets

had an insane pump from all of this.. Disappointed in my tricep weakness... Good news is they will be fun to work on as well as improving my ability for higher reps
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Squat explosive day

Squats
    210 x 8 sets x 3 reps

olympic squats
    185 x 5 sets x 5 reps

these were done atg and paused again

Leg press
    500 x 5 sets x 15 reps

kb swings
    3 sets x 15 reps

hyperextensions
    2 sets x 20 reps

entire workout took like 40 minutes. I'm loving the cube and being able to go lighter and feeling like more than a new 3 rm or heavy single matters. I forgot one set of reverse bands squats. Kinda upset but that shows you th focus and intensity I brought today. Really happy about my pace. Tomorrow is a bodybuilding weakness day, excited for some pumps!
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Bodybuilding day-

Landmine press-
    105 x 3 sets by 8 reps

superset with bicep curls-
    70 x 3 sets x 12 reps

calf raises-
    510 x 4 sets x 12 reps

superset with defranco band pull aparts
    red band x 4 sets x 8 reps

cgbp with fat gripz extreme-
    185 x 6
    185 x 6
    195 x 6

cat rows-
    3 sets x 8 reps

Face pulls-
    2 sets x 10 reps

good quick reps and pump.. Measured right at 10 percent bf at 200. Down significantly from a few months ago. Happy with how easy the cgbp moved with the fge... I'm going to have strong beast triceps or die trying
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Awesome log in here. Keep it up
  15. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

good quick reps and pump.. Measured right at 10 percent bf at 200. Down significantly from a few months ago. Happy with how easy the cgbp moved with the fge... I'm going to have strong beast triceps or die trying
    Congrats on the progress man. Love cgbp as well; it's been a big factor in my tricep development.
    PES Representative
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Congrats on the progress man. Love cgbp as well; it's been a big factor in my tricep development.
    You ever do them with fat gripz or fat gripz extreme?

Whewwww
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

You ever do them with fat gripz or fat gripz extreme?

Whewwww
    I actually haven't used them at all...would like to though.

Haha I bet.
    PES Representative
  19. Registered User
    Answers

I actually haven't used them at all...would like to though.

Haha I bet.
    Back a few years ago when I was lifting heavy a lot too I had real strong tris a would always fail close to my chest. Fat gripz have really helped me learn my tricep strength needs a llot of work again. Definitely worth the investment IMO... A few Guys at my gym purchased aafter me and love them.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Back a few years ago when I was lifting heavy a lot too I had real strong tris a would always fail close to my chest. Fat gripz have really helped me learn my tricep strength needs a llot of work again. Definitely worth the investment IMO... A few Guys at my gym purchased aafter me and love them.
    Thanks for the feedback man. I've been curious about them for a while now, and I think you've convinced me to pick some up.
    PES Representative
  21. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks for the feedback man. I've been curious about them for a while now, and I think you've convinced me to pick some up.
    youll have to let me know how they are! The way I saw it is that's one or two supplements for a month and these can really help blast your arms an last forever
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

youll have to let me know how they are! The way I saw it is that's one or two supplements for a month and these can really help blast your arms an last forever
    Will do brother. That's a good way of looking at it.
    PES Representative
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Answers

X's 2. Great logic!

I use similar logic when going to the bar. My friends ask if I wanna go and sometimes I think, hmmm $50 on beer or but 5lbs of whey & ALCAR?

Idk why I didn't use yours before, genius!!!!!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  24. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I may have to get some myself.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  25. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I may have to get some myself.
    Definitely think you should!

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    X's 2. Great logic!

I use similar logic when going to the bar. My friends ask if I wanna go and sometimes I think, hmmm $50 on beer or but 5lbs of whey & ALCAR?

Idk why I didn't use yours before, genius!!!!!!
    I do the same thing.. like yesterday I wasn't drinking for St Patricks day at all and I saw the new Mass FX black sale reactivated. 25 bucks for 2 bottles.. for something I'd definitely think would be good. That's a few beers, I think yes! And I woke up feeling great because I was sober.

Thanks... I'm a finance guy at heart. It's easy to find money in the budget. I have a terrible habit of drinking energy drinks. I bought a bunch of Alphamine to have in the morning b/c it'd be cheaper and do my body better lol.

On a side note, the Defranco pull aparts I did were awesome. My shoulder's feel great today. If I can keep my shoulders feeling healthy, which has been a problem in the past, and continue to regularly bench and overhead press, I foresee scary bench increases. Here we come 405. Here's a video of the 3D Pull Aparts which will become a weekly staple along w/ the Diesel Crew 3 minute shoulder warmup.

26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I'm a finance guy as well...not a big fan of it though.

I'll have to try those 3D pull aparts soon. They look great.
    PES Representative
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Big fan of the fat gripz. I think they are the kind of thing any meat head should have. I put them on pretty much all the DB pressing exercises I do and keep them in constant rotation on other things.

Also like the band pull aparts by Smitty and DeFranco. Something I use a TON and has really helped my shoulders (and those I work with) from pain in the past.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Big fan of the fat gripz. I think they are the kind of thing any meat head should have. I put them on pretty much all the DB pressing exercises I do and keep them in constant rotation on other things.

Also like the band pull aparts by Smitty and DeFranco. Something I use a TON and has really helped my shoulders (and those I work with) from pain in the past.
    Welcome to the log bro! Anything else you recommend for shoulder health? If I can keep ohp and benching a couple times a week with the 3d pull aparts and smittys warmup I think I can finally be a beast presser over time!
  29. Registered User
    Answers

Just stay diligent with the work even when things get better. I know that whenever things get better and I stop doing what helped problems creep back up...

Also look into some articles by Cressey on Shoulder issues. Solid stuff.

Nice log so far by the way.
    PES Representative
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Great log bud, I'm going to look into that shoulder warmup in a bit. I just started going to an ART doc. Making a big difference to get rid of scar tissue, stretch my muscles etc. a lot of my shoulder issues are from my posture actually which we are fixing ! Good luck bro keep it up.
    Independent
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Just stay diligent with the work even when things get better. I know that whenever things get better and I stop doing what helped problems creep back up...Also look into some articles by Cressey on Shoulder issues. Solid stuff.Nice log so far by the way.
    Lol I do the same thing with my shoulders. Ill have to stay preventative and ahead of the game even when they feel good. I suspect my issues are because I have uneven rotator cuff strength from when I pitched. My throwing shoulder always feels good and the other I suspect is just weaker in the rotator.Thank for the log compliment too! Im a big PES fan and just ordered some Alphamine for the first time. Hopefully it brings out the final ab details for the summer!
  32. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I'm the same way with my knee.

I should foam roll more often but unless it aches I neglect it. (Which makes it ache, especially after long runs or jumps)
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

33. Registered User
    Answers

Not sure where the effect is coming from if it is all in my head, a result of training changes, the supplements, or both... but I feel very alpha the last couple days. Just ready to go in and crush my workouts, feeling that I'm going to dominate the weights. Even if it's just a speed or rep day, and I'm not going super heavy, I have some extreme focus and drive.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Not sure where the effect is coming from if it is all in my head, a result of training changes, the supplements, or both... but I feel very alpha the last couple days. Just ready to go in and crush my workouts, feeling that I'm going to dominate the weights. Even if it's just a speed or rep day, and I'm not going super heavy, I have some extreme focus and drive.
    Sounds like Versa-1 to me. My focus, confidence, and drive noticeably improve, and all I want to do is lift. It's a great feeling.
    PES Representative
  35. Registered User
    Answers

Sounds like Versa-1 to me. My focus, confidence, and drive noticeably improve, and all I want to do is lift. It's a great feeling.
    My symptoms exactly and I'm typically rather driven / motivated
  36. Registered User
    Answers

Woke up looking pretty lean.. I had a HUGE St. Patricks Day meal (my treat instead of heavy drinking) that included a boatload of Italian Food. Yesterday was my companies monthly pizza lunch and I also ate like a ravenous beast. But guess what, I woke up the leanest I have been in a week or two this morning. I think I restarted my metabolism so to speak and couldn't be happier. I just have this feeling that I'm going to crush weight's tonight on my explosive deadlift day.

Also, for all you following, if you want to see another great log, check out the one marcusz16 just wrapped up. He absolutely killed it and made some incredible progress! My second bottle of Versa-1, Alphamine, and Bulk Modern Bcaa should be here tomorrow
  37. Registered User
    Answers

I'd been stalking his log but hadn't seen his final pics. Wow he did put in work!

What flavors did you grab for the Alpha and mBCAA?
    PES Representative
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, I followed his log as well. marcusz16 made some very impressive progress.

Kill that workout man.
    PES Representative
  39. Registered User
    Answers

I'd been stalking his log but hadn't seen his final pics. Wow he did put in work!

What flavors did you grab for the Alpha and mBCAA?
    Raspberry Lemonade Alphamine.. STOKED! Grapple Bulk Modern.

Bolt/Breezy/Anyone Else, do any of you have experience megadosing BCAA's? I eat intermittent fasting style and was thinking about doing this. I know everyone's feelings on it are mixed and I could be throwing money away, but bulk modern is affordable and I thought about having 2 servings a day (20 g's bcaas) to see how it impact recovery and body comp.
  40. Registered User
    Answers

Not really a big fan of "mega" dosing but I don't know if I'd consider 20g a mega-dose. I use 5g Leucine pre and post so if that was a BCAA product that'd be near 20g.
    PES Representative
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Versa 1, Erase Pro, Compound 20
    By SuppJunkie in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 01:05 PM
  2. Compound 20 by USPLabs
    By USPlabsRep in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 04:54 AM
  3. Molding The Dough with Compound 20 (Beta Test)
    By Sourdough in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 417
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 09:23 AM
  4. My journey in Compound-20.
    By fightbackhxc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 01:29 PM
  5. Replies: 154
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 09:44 PM