Versa-1, Compound 20, Jacked Micro, USPowders

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Ladies & Gents-

I just wrapped up a log with Nolvadren XT, PR-XT, and Vanillean. It went extremely well. This feature will be my journey through Versa-1, Compound 20, Jacked Micro, USPowders (Trib, Cissus, 1-carboxy).

I've purchased half and won the Compound 20 and Jacked Micro.. I'll be doing a no bs review of all this. I generally like USP Labs stuff and think Anabolic Pump and P-Slin are great, but Prime did nothing for me. As of now I have a one months supply of this stack, but if things are going well, I may purchase more Versa-1 / Compound 20 and extend to 2 months. My 6 weeks of training consisted of a 3 day a week 5/3/1 split. Highlights include a couple singles of 510 deadlifting, a couple singles of 300 lbs decline press, and some reverse banded squats at 405 x 3. I focused mainly on strength with a lot of singles to triples, and dead stop type movements. Enter this stack, I will increase my training days to 4, and do something very similar to Jim Wendler's Boring But Big. I'm looking to finish off my re-comp and give my joints a break. I've lost about 10 lbs in the past 5 weeks or so, so I want to eat more at maintenance or just above in hopes to reset my metabolism and recomp a bit. I think the supplement stack and heavy volume from BBB will be the perfect storm.

I'll train Wednesday/Fri/Sat/Sun. This week is a deload week and then the fun begins. Look forward to the journey, let me know if you guys have any questions.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed and good luck.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Thanks all.. excited to see how this goes. I have deload days today, Friday and Sunday, then a week from today the madness begins. As I mentioned, I will be going from 3 to 4 days training, and the volume is a bit increased due to the extra day. Hoping to eat just above "maintenance" because I've been dieting for a few months, and that the principle of G-Flux and my body wanting to add some mass will kick in. Training is as follows:

Wednesday:
Deadlift 5/3/1
Box Squats 5 x 10
Abs 5 x 10-20

Friday:
Bench 5/3/1
Landmine Press 5 x 10
DB Rows 5 x 10
Curls 3 x 10
Pushdowns 3 x 10
Face Pulls 3 x 10

Saturday:
Squat 5/3/1
Deadlift 5 x 10
Abs 5 x 10-20

Sunday:
Landmine Press 5/3/1
Bench or CGBP (haven't decided) 5 x 10
Chins 5 x 10
Curls 3 x 10
Pushdowns 3 x 10
Fashpulls 3 x 10

nothing fancy and it's called boring but big for a reason... I really think that the volume of deadlifting and squatting is going to be killer. This isn't a lot more than my past training months, but a couple more sets and on squats vs leg press or barbell bench vs a hammer strength. We'll see how it goes...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice stack. Subbed.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This looks like an excellent recomp stack. Thanks for taking the time to log this Bigla! Totally in...

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Saturday and Sunday I had deload / speed workouts. Saturday was decline bench focused, got in 5 sets of 5 between 40-60 percent of 1 rm. Today did 5 sets of 5 of squats and deads, all sets 40-60 percent of 1 rm. Smoked an easy 4 x 10 wide grip pullups on Saturday and grooved easily with landmine press for 4 sets of 15. Excited for the higher volume this cycle and what versa-1 and compound 20 have to offer!

Start going heavy with my 3's week starting Wednesday. Vascularity is coming along and I've never really been that vascular. Hope to be lean and mean by the end of this!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think that Versa-1 will work very well with your new higher volume program. I noticed that I could do more volume on it and still recover for the next session, and others have noticed the same thing.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
I think that Versa-1 will work very well with your new higher volume program. I noticed that I could do more volume on it and still recover for the next session, and others have noticed the same thing.
That was factored into the plan! 5 sets of 10 dls and squats sounds painful lol

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
How I'll be dosing everything.. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday are off days, Wednesday and Friday are days I train in the early evening, and Saturday and Sunday I'll be training fasted in the AM. Dosing as follows, and feel free to help me further USP Labs reps, but Distilled Water helped me with this.

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday:

Morning
1 versa-1
2 Compound20
1gr cissus
800mg 1-carboxy(1/3t)
2gr SuperSaponis

Pre-Bed
1gr cissus
2 caps compound20
800mg 1-carboxy
2gr SuperSaponis

Wednesday/Friday:

Morning:
2 Compound20
1gr cissus
800mg 1-carboxy(1/3t)
2gr SuperSaponis

Pre-Workout
Versa-1
2 caps compound20

PWO Meal
1gr cissus
*10-15min before meal

Before bed
800mg 1-carboxy
2gr SuperSaponis
*empty stomach

Saturday/Sunday:
Preworkout / AM
1 versa-1
2 Compound20
1gr cissus
800mg 1-carboxy(1/3t)
2gr SuperSaponis

6-8hrs later
1gr cissus
*10-15min before meal
2 caps compound20

Before bed
800mg 1-carboxy
2gr SuperSaponis
*empty stomach

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How I'll be dosing everything.. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday are off days, Wednesday and Friday are days I train in the early evening, and Saturday and Sunday I'll be training fasted in the AM. Dosing as follows, and feel free to help me further USP Labs reps, but Distilled Water helped me with this.

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday:

Morning
1 versa-1
2 Compound20
1gr cissus
800mg 1-carboxy(1/3t)
2gr SuperSaponis

Pre-Bed
1gr cissus
2 caps compound20
800mg 1-carboxy
2gr SuperSaponis

Wednesday/Friday:

Morning:
2 Compound20
1gr cissus
800mg 1-carboxy(1/3t)
2gr SuperSaponis

Pre-Workout
Versa-1
2 caps compound20

PWO Meal
1gr cissus
*10-15min before meal

Before bed
800mg 1-carboxy
2gr SuperSaponis
*empty stomach

Saturday/Sunday:
Preworkout / AM
1 versa-1
2 Compound20
1gr cissus
800mg 1-carboxy(1/3t)
2gr SuperSaponis

6-8hrs later
1gr cissus
*10-15min before meal
2 caps compound20

Before bed
800mg 1-carboxy
2gr SuperSaponis
*empty stomach
That layout looks fine to me!

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Dosing has begun! Powder's are not the best tasting thing ever lol

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
AWESOME! It's not about the taste. Get them down and do your thing
Oh yes.. Nothing is as bad as yellow gold oor whatever it was. It was super effective.. But awful. I'll definitely
get through it. Provided my cold doesn't escalate, first workout tomorrow!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yes.. Nothing is as bad as yellow gold oor whatever it was. It was super effective.. But awful. I'll definitelyget through it. Provided my cold doesn't escalate, first workout tomorrow!
Yellow Gold/Anabolic Pump are hard to surpass. Hope you sort out your cold promptly.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Had my first workout yesterday.. stayed home from work and was a bit under the weather. I think it effected my pulling, but I also want to scale back the weight I use so the reps are a bit smoother. Weighed in at 196 to start.

Deadlift-
380 x 3
435 x 3 (added belt)
490 x 1 (I think the cold effected me and I shut it down after this was a bit of a struggle)

Will probably adjust deadlift numbers down by ~3 lbs as I was supposed to hit 3 and prefer not coming close to failure. THis is a bit discouraging though as I moved two different singles of 510 a couple weeks ago and they felt a lot better than this.

Squats-
205 x 10
205 x 10
205 x 10
205 x 10
205 x 10

owww.. as someone who isn't used to doing "high rep" squatting this was really a challenge. I shut it down after this. Was supposed to do some abs, but this really rocked my world lol.

On to the next workout!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice pulls man, especially for not feeling well. I'm sure you'll get the weight back up soon.

Agreed with high rep squats. They're brutal!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
High rep squats are brutal. I see stars long before failing. Good work getting through 50 reps with 205.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Friday Night:

Decline Bench-
220 x 3
250 x 3
285 x 3

Landmine Press-
75 x 5 sets x 10 reps

Landmine Rows-
some weight x 5 sets x 10 reps (forget the weight, think I used like 110 lbs)

Curls-
3 sets x 10 reps

Pushdowns-
3 sets x 10 reps

Band Pullaparts-
3 sets x 20 reps

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Saturday:

Squats-
245 x 3
280 x 3
315 x 3
Deadlifts-
315 x 4 sets x 10 reps (no belt)

during that the manager came up and yelled at me saying he would cancel my gym membership because I was making too much noise. I apparently set my deadlifts down too loudly. I don't drop the weight, but I don't decelerate it a ton... he claimed if I can't set it down quietly it's probably "too heavy".. this was very frustrating and I'll be switching gyms in a few months when my contracts up.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Sunday-

Landmine Press-
90 x 3
105 x 3
117.5 x 3

these moved quick.. felt awesome

Bench Press w/ Fat Grip Extreme
185 x 10
185 x 10
165 x 10
165 x 10
165 x 10

mannnn the fat gripz smoked my lockout. Bar would come cruising off my chest and then just slow hard 3/4's of the way up due to the extra recruitment of triceps w/ fat grips. It was awesome

Wide Grip Pullups-
bw x 10
bw x 10
bw x 10
bw x 10
bw x 10

these were great.. I love being powerful on pullups... it's finally coming back, i moved quick and easy on these.. bodyweight around 196

3 sets of 10 on curls and pushdowns

3 sets of 10 face pulls

newbreed

Awards
Sunday-

Landmine Press-
90 x 3
105 x 3
117.5 x 3

these moved quick.. felt awesome

Bench Press w/ Fat Grip Extreme
185 x 10
185 x 10
165 x 10
165 x 10
165 x 10

mannnn the fat gripz smoked my lockout. Bar would come cruising off my chest and then just slow hard 3/4's of the way up due to the extra recruitment of triceps w/ fat grips. It was awesome

Wide Grip Pullups-
bw x 10
bw x 10
bw x 10
bw x 10
bw x 10

these were great.. I love being powerful on pullups... it's finally coming back, i moved quick and easy on these.. bodyweight around 196

3 sets of 10 on curls and pushdowns

3 sets of 10 face pulls
Fat Gripz really add more intensity. Great work bro!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saturday:Squats-245 x 3280 x 3315 x 3Deadlifts-315 x 4 sets x 10 reps (no belt)during that the manager came up and yelled at me saying he would cancel my gym membership because I was making too much noise. I apparently set my deadlifts down too loudly. I don't drop the weight, but I don't decelerate it a ton... he claimed if I can't set it down quietly it's probably "too heavy".. this was very frustrating and I'll be switching gyms in a few months when my contracts up.
Man...I think I would switch too. I feel so lucky to be at a gym where they encourage heavy lifting. It really makes a difference. Nice work so far. Anything to note about the stack yet?

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Man...I think I would switch too. I feel so lucky to be at a gym where they encourage heavy lifting. It really makes a difference. Nice work so far. Anything to note about the stack yet?
Sorry guys been super busy all week. I did get my workouts in.. highlights include working up to an easy 295 x 5 squatting. I'm playing with my form allowing my knees to track forward a little more to keep my torso upright per some of Brandon Lilly's videos. I also hit an easy 275 x 1 paused bench. I'll be retooling my programming for this week to start Brandon Lilly's Cube Method. I think I'm at a stage in my lifting career where to get to the next level I need to focus on speed and technique, just as much as pure strength. My lifts feel slow even when the weight is light. The cube seems like an awesome way to do all this and build your lifts without a ton of work above 90% so I'll feel fresher hopefully.

Regarding the stack, nothing insane to report. Getting slightly leaner and moving weight decently, but nothing earth shattering. I'm going to keep on plugging away!

iSamurai

iSamurai

Awards
Late to the party, but count me in!

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Late to the party, but count me in!
Nice to have you my man. I'm overhauling my training currently as I think 5/3/1 beats me up a bit too much and neglects speed work and rep work, albeit they are partially addressed. I'm really looking to kick some ass on the cube and only having to go heavy on each lift periodically.

iSamurai

iSamurai

Awards
With the 5/3/1 did you incorpoate deload weeks to help alleviate that heavy weight muscle stress?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry guys been super busy all week. I did get my workouts in.. highlights include working up to an easy 295 x 5 squatting. I'm playing with my form allowing my knees to track forward a little more to keep my torso upright per some of Brandon Lilly's videos. I also hit an easy 275 x 1 paused bench. I'll be retooling my programming for this week to start Brandon Lilly's Cube Method. I think I'm at a stage in my lifting career where to get to the next level I need to focus on speed and technique, just as much as pure strength. My lifts feel slow even when the weight is light. The cube seems like an awesome way to do all this and build your lifts without a ton of work above 90% so I'll feel fresher hopefully.

Regarding the stack, nothing insane to report. Getting slightly leaner and moving weight decently, but nothing earth shattering. I'm going to keep on plugging away!
look good man!

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
With the 5/3/1 did you incorpoate deload weeks to help alleviate that heavy weight muscle stress?
Absolutely. I just have never focused on speed work and I think that will be a huge differentiator.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Last nights workout, my first on the cube.

Deadlift - Reps

Deadlift from 1 inch deficit - worked up to 345 x 8
4 Inch Block Pull - 395 x 3 x 2 sets
Olympic Paused Squats - 175 x 8 x 3 sets
Pullthroughs - Average Band x 10 x 4 sets

Finished with some high rep SLDL (25 reps) and another move a strongman there showed me that I can describe.. almost like a seated dumbbell good morning.

Workout felt great. I should mention all lifts were done completely raw (no belt). My speeds on the 4' block pull weren't quite as quick as I would have liked, but they moved easy. Sitting ass to grass for a couple seconds on the squats was wild. Definitely have more weight in me on those, but I wasn't trying to trash my legs too bad so I was conservative. Hopefully this builds some big power out of the hole.

In terms of the stack.. I am getting progressively leaner. I think Versa-1 is really starting to "kick in" now and may need to purchase another bottle to extend past this next week or two. Definitely contemplating it. I'm stoked for my heavy bench workout on Friday. Stay tuned!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Late but here bud! Looking great I'm here. I'm starting c20 next week!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid workout man. Good to hear you're having a successful run. I'd recommend going with a second bottle; it's great having another 4 weeks with all of the effects going strong. Either way, good luck with the heavy bench work!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last nights workout, my first on the cube.

Deadlift - Reps

Deadlift from 1 inch deficit - worked up to 345 x 8
4 Inch Block Pull - 395 x 3 x 2 sets
Olympic Paused Squats - 175 x 8 x 3 sets
Pullthroughs - Average Band x 10 x 4 sets

Finished with some high rep SLDL (25 reps) and another move a strongman there showed me that I can describe.. almost like a seated dumbbell good morning.

Workout felt great. I should mention all lifts were done completely raw (no belt). My speeds on the 4' block pull weren't quite as quick as I would have liked, but they moved easy. Sitting ass to grass for a couple seconds on the squats was wild. Definitely have more weight in me on those, but I wasn't trying to trash my legs too bad so I was conservative. Hopefully this builds some big power out of the hole.

In terms of the stack.. I am getting progressively leaner. I think Versa-1 is really starting to "kick in" now and may need to purchase another bottle to extend past this next week or two. Definitely contemplating it. I'm stoked for my heavy bench workout on Friday. Stay tuned!
If you're gonna do paused squats (by all means, do them up, they're a game changer) try sitting at parallel. It's a lot easier to rest your hams on your calves than it is to make your hips find where you're strongest and keep you suspended. I've done a paused Front Squat ATG with more weight than I've been able to pause at parallel.

Paused parallel squats + paused oly squats = unstoppable holeshot.

Count me in on this. Happy Cubing from a fellow Cuber.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry guys been super busy all week. I did get my workouts in.. highlights include working up to an easy 295 x 5 squatting. I'm playing with my form allowing my knees to track forward a little more to keep my torso upright per some of Brandon Lilly's videos. I also hit an easy 275 x 1 paused bench. I'll be retooling my programming for this week to start Brandon Lilly's Cube Method. I think I'm at a stage in my lifting career where to get to the next level I need to focus on speed and technique, just as much as pure strength. My lifts feel slow even when the weight is light. The cube seems like an awesome way to do all this and build your lifts without a ton of work above 90% so I'll feel fresher hopefully.Regarding the stack, nothing insane to report. Getting slightly leaner and moving weight decently, but nothing earth shattering. I'm going to keep on plugging away!
Definitely agree that the more well trained you are the more technique comes into play. Find those weak links in the chain for each lift and blast them!

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
Nice stack and as a retired powerlifter i like the workouts..good luck..sj

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
If you're gonna do paused squats (by all means, do them up, they're a game changer) try sitting at parallel. It's a lot easier to rest your hams on your calves than it is to make your hips find where you're strongest and keep you suspended. I've done a paused Front Squat ATG with more weight than I've been able to pause at parallel.

Paused parallel squats + paused oly squats = unstoppable holeshot.

Count me in on this. Happy Cubing from a fellow Cuber.
wow really great point. Never looked at it in that light. Definitely going to keep up paused oly but will have to work in sole paused parallel with my slightly wider stance!

did you run as is? How have your results been?

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Nice stack and as a retired powerlifter i like the workouts..good luck..sj
Thanks brothern. I'm just a guy who wants to be a human forklift. No use in looking big if you can't move some heavy **** IMO

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow really great point. Never looked at it in that light. Definitely going to keep up paused oly but will have to work in sole paused parallel with my slightly wider stance!

did you run as is? How have your results been?
I tried to run it as it's laid out, but I have been working with a nagging lower back injury that prevents me from deadlifting. One thing of note is that I have hit a 45lb squat PR. Which was unimaginable to me just a few weeks ago.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
I tried to run it as it's laid out, but I have been working with a nagging lower back injury that prevents me from deadlifting. One thing of note is that I have hit a 45lb squat PR. Which was unimaginable to me just a few weeks ago.
That's great! That's how I'm doing it the first time through.. trying to get to 400/500/600 within a year or so at a similar bodyweight.

As a side note to all, I purchased Versa-1 to extend the run. Wanted to see how this will impact my training over 8 weeks. Hope its worth it. Got some bulk modern bcaa too! May try megadosing them.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Powerlifting is a marathon and not a sprint, but setting high long term goals is huge. I'm at 500/365/465 right now. The Cube will help. Gain all the knowledge you can. And drink that Modern like it's water!

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Powerlifting is a marathon and not a sprint, but setting high long term goals is huge. I'm at 500/365/465 right now. The Cube will help. Gain all the knowledge you can. And drink that Modern like it's water!
Absolutely.. I'm within 100 of all those as of today, and those numbers are close to 50 lbs off of my all time bests of each lift. So lofty, but certainly achievable in a year or two if everything comes together.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's great! That's how I'm doing it the first time through.. trying to get to 400/500/600 within a year or so at a similar bodyweight.As a side note to all, I purchased Versa-1 to extend the run. Wanted to see how this will impact my training over 8 weeks. Hope its worth it. Got some bulk modern bcaa too! May try megadosing them.
Awesome! No need to exceed 1 cap/day of VERSA-1 (plus you only have 30 caps in a bottle), but some extra BCAAs never hurt.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with classic; 1 cap daily is all that's needed...and using 2 caps leaves you with half the time to make progress.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
1 cap is where it's at. Nice log. Keep up the great training.