Better Late Than Never (StephenGarcia gets anabolic with PR-XT)

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sup guys.

I was selected to do this log a few months back, and certain circumstances arose. After much talking with Boss Man himself he insisted I not drop out and take as much time as needed. So man of my word I kept this in the back of my mind and waited for the opportunity that I thought I could do this justice. The time is now so let's see what gold I've been squatting on for all those weeks!

PR-XT
PRXT-Label.png

Stats
200 lbs
5'10
19 years old
at the end of my bulk, so slowing down the calories.

Maxes
bench 375
squat ?? Last I checked was 415 but I've been injured in my lower back for a long time
deads actually have replaced these with rack pulls as they allow me to keep my back from rounding alot easier. 495 for 2

Goals
my main goal is to get my bench up to 405 before I turn 20 in May. Lame little stepping stone I made myself and I am not going to take no for an answer.
other obvious goals are I want to pack on some mass while leaning up and staying generally the same weight. I like 200 I dont want to have to cut some weight if I dont have to. so thats where PRXT is (hopefully) going to come in and make it all possible. Eager to see composition pics in a month and just let the log do the talking. :p

Training
I was thinking about doing another Smolov Jr Program to get my bench up to 405 and have some leniency to maybe add a 5 or a 10 on each side by the time May comes through. (Since the program is only 3-4 weeks)

I want to do a Smolov Jr incorporated with my standard workouts.

Here's an example
week 1
Smolov 1 + chest
Smolov 2 + back
legs
Smolov 3 + push
Smolov 4 + pull

That's kinda what I am looking at to keep wear and tear down, the 3 and 4 days arent chest or back heavy its mainly more about the ancillaries. As you can see I dont have specific arm or shoulder days so these two days are more and less their replacements. Everything else would be typically hypertrophy training. In fact I would most likely use higher volume sets than normal just to compensate for the Smolov taking its toll on the body.

Like I said I was going to be deciding, I'll know by Monday what the real plan is and yall will be the first to know.

LETS GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For the people with no faith in me. Here's the unopened bottle of PR xt I'm no thief!!!

image-1874783933.jpg

But really big shout out to Boss Man and the rest of the Man Sport team for giving me this opportunity. And also thank you for your patience and cooperation fellas.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in boss.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have no idea how you remembered this my post in that thread....

I forgot all about this...

neddo

neddo

Awards
Strong sob...

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Crush it!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
in.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Calculating my Smolov out. First week day 4 is gonna be 320 10x3. Sigh this is going to hurt more than last time

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's go time

Tomorrow gonna take my 6 caps and hit some Smolov + chest hypertrophy.

Is it better to split the dose or just take the whole thing at once?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's go time

i have been doing 2/2/2 never tried all at once....be curious as to results!!!!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's go time

On Training Days: As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 3 times daily with meals. Spread out doses evenly throughout the day. For best results, take 2 capsules with breakfast, 2 capsules 30-60 minutes prior to your workout, & 2 capsules immediately after your workout with your post-workout shake or meal.On Non-Training Days: As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 3 times daily with meals. Spread out doses evenly throughout the day

This is the recommended dosing...I am going to try taking 2 before bed to see how this reacts.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
On Training Days: As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 3 times daily with meals. Spread out doses evenly throughout the day. For best results, take 2 capsules with breakfast, 2 capsules 30-60 minutes prior to your workout, & 2 capsules immediately after your workout with your post-workout shake or meal.On Non-Training Days: As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 3 times daily with meals. Spread out doses evenly throughout the day

This is the recommended dosing...I am going to try taking 2 before bed to see how this reacts.
i usually drink a shake before bed, i've tried the 2 caps with it before bed...didn't really notice much difference. in all honesty i think the important part is to get all 6 caps in. but the all 6 at once does have me intriqued!!!!

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
In to see this

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i usually drink a shake before bed, i've tried the 2 caps with it before bed...didn't really notice much difference. in all honesty i think the important part is to get all 6 caps in. but the all 6 at once does have me intriqued!!!!
I think we have a not so subtle request lol

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hokay

First day Smolov Jr

70% 1RM 6x6 + chest hypertrophy

Took 6 caps one hour before
Plus 1.5 scoops Supp-D

Warm up
135x12 + 225x8

Working sets
260x6
260x6
260x6
Super pumped, I always liked this rep range but this was more than usual
260x6
260x6
260x4+1+1

Felt weak, weekend of bad choices. No alcohol just barely ate. Down 3 lbs. going to feast

Incline db
80x10
95x6 + 80x3
80x8

Hate not hitting my numbers. I'm in a bad mood now.

Flat flyes (super long stretch)
30x12
40x10
35x10

Decline hammer strength
1 pps x12
2 pps x12
3 pps x6 + 2 pps x12 + 1 pps x2

Chest is dead. Post some pictures to give y'all a good idea of composition soon. Nasty pump just let myself down and that's the worst feeling for me.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The befores

I've always been a vascular person, when I start leaning down the arms shoulders and chest get ridiculous. For as high of a body fat as I am now the veins are surprising even to me

Ps look at the guy in the back wtf lol

image-1073138379.jpg

With that being said my arms are usually the first things to cut up as well as me obviously wanting to trim those handles

image-3466335081.jpg

So this was like an hour after lifting, pump still good. Chest is still a struggle to make grow, I'm getting there.

image-3532265174.jpg

This is harder than it looks to take by yourself. I tried lol

image-2462642493.jpg

Here are my pseudo abs as well

image-3630114059.jpg

Again goals are, stay around the 200 lb range while improving composition. Aiming for maintenance. Somedays it's going to be over some under as long as it balances out over weeks/months I don't really care I just listen to my body.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i think you will see some good results!!!

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I'm going to adjust my routine. Smolov Jr was meant to be a M W F S routine but I adjusted it to M T Th F for a longer recovery from the last day of the week to the start of the new week. I had been at my previous plateau for quite some time so I felt perfectly comfortable with that. Seeing how I haven't really plateau'd I am at my current max for less than a week. Not near as comfortable so for the days that total 36 and 35 reps total I think I'd prefer them split apart.

Idk if this will make me do legs on Tuesday and back on Wednesday to match this but the last time I did Smolov + legs I felt like ****. Cortisol through the roof. I'll try it tomorrow but 280 7x5 seems like a real pain in the cuff. I'll let y'all know

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sigh.

Is this guy famous or something? I thought you were making a fat joke lmao

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kids!!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So back on track.

I said F*CK YOU MR. DOMS and hit Smolov today.

7 sets of 5 reps @75% 1 rm

Took 6 caps an hour before
1.5 scoops Supp-D

Warm up for like 5 minutes

280 x5 solid
280 x5 even easier
280 x5 ez
280 x5 last one getting rough
280 x5 same ^
280 x4 whoops, racked and rested for 20 seconds + 280 x3 got angry and busted them out like I just started
280 x4 failure on 5 had to rack it on the bottom notch

Felt way stronger today. Glad I decided to sack up. Got more reps than I needed to because of that mini set so I'm happy

Back hypertrophy

Warm up with 1 set pull-ups with bw x8

Lat pull downs
2 sets
120 x12
2 sets
100 x12
1 set
80 x12

Biceps were pumped like no tomorrow

Isolateral Low Row
1 pps x12
1 pps x12
2 pps x12
2 pps x12

Hammerstrength row
1 pps x10 1 arm at a time
2 pps x8 same format
2 pps x8 both at same time
2 pps x8 1 arm
2 pps x8 both
3 pps x6 both

Done.
Exhausted starving but happy.

Still 197.4 ish fasted but it's k I don't mind as long as strength is there. Ill build up a bit with all the eating I'm going to be doing lol

image-1057147120.jpg

image-1925784374.jpg