REDEFINING the PWO with FINAFLEX's MAX PUMP (Sponsored Beta Test)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hello and welcome AM peeeps :D

First off, i'd like to give huge thanks for Steve (snagencyV2.0) anf the Finaflex team for choosing me to log their new product MAX PUMP. It's not often that a logging opportunity is given to someone from the other side of the globe, so I am grateful to Finaflex for sparing no expense getting it to me. The package also arrived with some FINAFLEX headphones which is truly appreciated.

With the little blurb done, lets get into this;

First off a little bit about the product (there isn't much to tell); All I know from MAX PUMP is the dosing protocol as the ingredient profile is yet to be released so I literally have no idea what the product will offer (but I assume from the name it will involve some serious pumps :lol:). The product is stim-free and creatine free which is a welcome change from the pre-workouts I am used to and am currently using. It is also in caps as opposed to powder which is not something i'm used to (all my pre's thus far have been powders).

The breakdown:

We have been given 4 aspects typical of any pre-workout to rate from 1-5 and then I will rate my own personal opinion of the product after each session. The aspects to be rated are:

1) Vascularity/ Pumps
2) Muscle Endurance/ Stamina
3) Muscle Strength
4) Overall physical performance

Just for reference, the scoring system will be like this;
-1: The lowest possible score, Sugar would give more of an impact to my workout. Or perhaps the pumps were so insane my skin burst and I had to be rushed to hospital, either way; my workout suffered.
-2: No notable effects in this area.
-3: Theres something going on and the effects of the PWO can be felt somewhat.
-4: The effects are pronounced. Cannot be mistaken for placebo.
-5: Holy ****, need I say more?

Because I do not know the ingredient profile I will make the presumption that not all four apsects will be targetted with this product, for example as the product contains no stims I will be suprised if I noticed any effects in the muscle stamina/ endurance area. But then again, Finaflex might suprise me :D

The Dosing Protocol:

Workout Days: 4 caps 30 Minutes pre-workout (I like this, 4 caps allows flexibility in dosing. If 4 is too much, then you can modify the dosing to suit your needs).
Non-Workout Days: 4 caps

I will play around with dosing to see how I can get the most out of the product. So for this I will dose some days after a meal (in a fed state) and other days I will dose in a fasted state to see if the effects are increased, diminished or unchanged dependant on these factors. I'll also dose on workout days and non workout days as per instructions.

A little about myself for those of you who care:

Been working out seriously now since July last year (i'm still a baby I know), prior to this, sport was my focus and none of my sports really required me to lift as extra weight is often a hinderance. Snowboarding, Football (soccer) and Touch (similar to rugby) were my prime sporting interests so most of my exercise was HIIT based. But then I discovered strength training and a new world has opened to me :)

Diet
Not overly important to mention as I doubt it will influence the product outcomes so i'll only go into it if asked.

Supplementation
To determine the effects of MAX PUMP I will not be taking any pre-workouts (usually just Focus XT) or intra-workouts (like Powerade/ gatorade etc.). And just stick with my staples (fish oil, vitamins etc.)

The Workout

Wendlers 5/3/1 with P/RR/S assistance template (mostly the RR/S part, consider it bastardized) for some hypertrophy work. Its heading into Rugby season so I also have a few practices that I will be attending in this time; mostly just HIIT work. Training is around 6pm in the summer ( i workout at home with no Air Con so I prefer the cooler nights).

And so it begins...

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
1st :woohoo:

love the layout man..this gonna be good :cool2:

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
awesome, curious to see what you look like anyway, brainy fella you are

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I aint a beast like you, but i'll get there. If only book knowledge translated into strength ;), still its only really new for me. I'm less than a year into it. Gotta start somewhere I guess.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
In bro

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in bud. Just caught the link in your sig.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good to see Aussies up in here

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Well day number one; I opted to try dosing while in a fed state (after a huge 1300kcal PWO meal).. I must say, this didn't sit too well. Within 10 minutes of dosing I noticed some G.I. discomfort however it did pass before my workout commenced. Discomfort isn't uncommon with me with pre-workouts, so I wasn't overly concerned, something just doesn't sit quite right with me.
I will say that if your someone who doesn't notice any discomfort with pre-workouts, then chances are you won't with this one either. I'm just noting effects as I go.

After downing the caps, I used the 30 minutes to do a very light warm up. Just a mild jog around the block with a few sprints chucked in for good measure and then some hip mobility work. By the end of the warm-up the G.I discomfort had gone.

During my sporting off season I tend to gain a little more fat once daily training stops. Typically on season I have to eat around ~4000kcals to maintain while off season my maintainence is around 3300kcals, so eventually I gain a little more fat than I would like (I get lazy with calorie counting). The downside to this is that "natural" vascularity also drops. So i'm not expecting MAX PUMP to be a miracle and blast my veins hardcore, but that would be nice :)

Anyway, so today was back/biceps + late afternoon Rugby training (pre-season) which lasted around 4 hours. I'm actually happy now that MAX PUMP doesn't contain heavy stimulants as I could not afford a mental or physical crash and so I was able to complete the session. Given that 5/3/1 doesn't really get you to break PRs during each session, rather just perform at varying percentages of your 1RM, I was expecting to get through this part of the session with relative ease (still tests your ability and challenges you to the limits of your potential, but doesn't push boundaries until the last set). On the last set of my deadlifts (which you perform AMRAP) I managed 3 extra on top of the 3 which I have never done before in ANY session. Form was still controlled and veins were crazy in my neck, needless to say I felt like I accomplished something. But the pumps were not overly crazy at this point or at least not as far as I could tell but I had only really just started (5/3/1 sessions only last around 10 minutes).

The rep range session really bought the pumps in; my arm vacularity increased during BB bent over rows (to navel) and when I supersetted Kroc Rows with rear delt flys (wanted to take a photo but I left my phone in my locker at the gym, i'll remember for next time). I broke a PR on BB rows with a 150 for 10 so I walked out of the gym in relatively high spirits. Can I attribute MAX PUMP to this? Hard to say, I have been breaking PR's alot recently (i'm new to strength training so this is expected as my motor neuron firing syncronization increases and eating in a caloric surplus) so I guess time will tell.

Anywho, i'll rate it according to the criteria:

1) Vascularity/ Pumps: I did notice an increase in this regard, especially more than normal so i'll give it a 4.5. My arms were the most prominant.
2) Muscle Endurance/ Stamina: Its hard to say, I was busting out more reps for the same weight and in the case of the BB rows, more reps and more weight but I don't want to credit that all to MAX PUMP, that being said, I can't discredit it either. Time will tell. I'll give it a 3.5, but this is the first day so if this continues, this aspect will be nearing a 5.
3) Muscle Strength: Again, hard to say on the first day. More reps + increased weight on most movements. Again, time will tell. For now i'll give it a 3.5
4) Overall physical performance: Now i didnt notice any increases in energy like what a stimmed product will give you, so I had no more mental energy than I normally would but overall I was impressed with the first day. I felt like I dominated the session. I'll give it a 4
5) My overall opinion: It is only day one so i'm just going to wait and see before giving it too much credit (gotta be sceptical) but I was pleased with my session. Lets see if this continues. 3.5

I took some pics after but given I can't upload them from my phone (being so far from the servers my connection always cuts off), i'll upload them tomorrow.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty good for first use.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
oooo good stuff jiigzz..i knew this brainiac would be very thoughtful & insightful with feedback :D
we're off to a good start

Well day number one; I opted to try dosing while in a fed state (after a huge 1300kcal PWO meal).. I must say, this didn't sit too well. Within 10 minutes of dosing I noticed some G.I. discomfort however it did pass before my workout commenced. Discomfort isn't uncommon with me with pre-workouts, so I wasn't overly concerned, something just doesn't sit quite right with me.
I will say that if your someone who doesn't notice any discomfort with pre-workouts, then chances are you won't with this one either. I'm just noting effects as I go.
i don't want to compare notes with you yet (as i want your feedback to be unbiased in all aspects) - but, slight & very fleeting stomach discomfort has been noted with other users as well (seems to be a 50/50 split)
the reason i mention this is: please keep in mind that this is not a "preworkout" product as you envision it, is not stim, nor loaded with multiple ingredients..i don't want you to mentally put this in a category of something you have done before (ie PWO), because you have not; so, just wanted to avoid any preconceptions going forward

with that in mind, i'll sit back and enjoy the show :popcorn:

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
oooo good stuff jiigzz..i knew this brainiac would be very thoughtful & insightful with feedback :D
we're off to a good start

i don't want to compare notes with you yet (as i want your feedback to be unbiased in all aspects) - but, slight & very fleeting stomach discomfort has been noted with other users as well (seems to be a 50/50 split)
the reason i mention this is: please keep in mind that this is not a "preworkout" product as you envision it, is not stim, nor loaded with multiple ingredients..i don't want you to mentally put this in a category of something you have done before (ie PWO), because you have not; so, just wanted to avoid any preconceptions going forward

with that in mind, i'll sit back and enjoy the show :popcorn:
Ah I see, interesting. Thanks Snag. Interested to see how this goes

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Subbed be back to read tomorrow!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Update later tonight for day 2, its valentines day so I havent had much time to do things haha.

:D

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
busy getting busy aye ;)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Bought my Mrs a box with 6 full length roses. She got my a suitcase bag for uni.

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Day Number 2: I worked out earlier than usual because of it being valentines day and all and for less time than usual. I dosed approx. 3 hours after lunch (lunch was at 11) to see if this would change the initial discomfort I felt yesterday. Unfortunately it didn't. And again it happened after around the 10 minute mark but just like yesterday it disipated before the workout commenced.

Again I used the 30 minutes to do some mobility work and a light warm up jog. So today was supposed to be an 'off' day but I thought i'd murder my arms and calves instead, I was literally that amped to try MAX PUMP again to see what I could get out of it for a direct session hitting body parts that typically show a huge pump (my arms anyway), its not something i'd normally do, but I thought i'd give it a try anyway.

I don't normally track PRs on my biceps as I find it quite tedious but this year I did start a written log with previous numbers. On my BB curl I managed to squeeze out one extra rep above my last recorded bicep day (88 for 3! haha) but then again, because I normally pair bicep day with back day, my arms are toasted after my back workouts. So its hard to say what I would be like fresh. I'll start getting into detail on my workouts from next week; I hand write all my numbers and leave it in my locker for the next session so I just neeed to remember to bring it home.

After biceps was triceps; these I love. So much you can do with them. JM presses, Close Grip bench and Dips are in my recent arsenal and I've been getting DOMS in my arms the last few sessions. I also find the Close Grip Bench increases relative to my bench as my movement strength gets better. And my close grip bench strength made a huge jump today and managed a 132 for 12 (previous PR was 132 for 10). JM presses went straight after, and oh lawd these were a killer. Totally demolished my triceps with 3 sets at 99lb (these are a little hard on my wrists so I need to pick up some wrist wraps). And just to make sure they will be sore tomorrow I finished them off with dips (BW+ 44lbsx 10). The last set I was trembling like crazy but managed to get up.

I'm not sure though how MAX PUMP helped me today in getting extra reps, considering I had no other data to comapre it to as i've never had a sole arm day before. I must say though the pumps were crazy (I took some pics but am still having trouble uploading them; I might have to try email them to someone to put up for me). Its hard getting near a home computer these days as my flat doesnt have one (laptops but no internet until uni semester starts, gotta save costs) and uploading pics from my phone is hard as the connection cuts out.
The PUMPS are definitely noticable, in fact I bumped my elbow against a rack and I went to look at it but my biceps wouldnt let me, the pump literally made it semi impossible haha. Loved it.

1) Vascularity/ Pumps: Pumps were definitely huge; if I had lower BF then vascularity would definately would have been prominant (veins were popping through) I rate this a 4.5
2) Muscle Endurance/ Stamina: Hard to measure, I felt like I had more in me but I had nothing to compare it too. This is largely my fault, but I feel like I cannot give it more than a 3.5 .
3) Muscle Strength: Again, hard to say. I definitely accomplished what I had set out to do and with some exercises, got more than I had hoped for. I think this deserves a 4
4) Overall physical performance: I definitely felt like I crushed it today, so i'll give it a 4
5) My overall opinion: Second day in; this product is delivering what its name says it will. A MAX PUMP, its only day 2 but something tells me this pump is something else. Today I give it a 4

tomorrow is an off-day so i'll dose it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and see what this brings.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Bought my Mrs a box with 6 full length roses. She got my a suitcase bag for uni.

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App
Oh nice, thats the way. I like to keep it simple, so I hand made my mrs a card and made her a book (wrote her a story and drew the pictures). She shouted me dinner and gave me roses. Sounds like it's the wrong way around haha

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good in here so far!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I dosed MAX PUMP first thing in the A.M upon waking and literally got straight into studying. While I still got the discomfort, I didn't notice much else considering I literaly did nothing but make notes.
I didn't eat until 1pm (dosed at 8am) so if it has any effects on nutrient partitioning or whatnot I can't be sure. I actually had the intention of doing some light workout today after dosing but I had a book arrive in the mail that i've been waiting for so I canned that plan.

On that note I won't grade it as per normal.

Leg day tomorrow :D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice to get a new book in sometimes curling up with a good book is just they way to go.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Nice to get a new book in sometimes curling up with a good book is just they way to go.
Yeah, my uni semester starts in <2 weeks now so i'm just trying to get a bit of a foothold. Nothing like being a bit more prepared

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Makes sense to me!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
After a busy weekend, I am back. I had a leg workout yesterday but before I get into it, a few observations I noted down after taking the 4 caps preworkout. MAX PUMP is something else; after taking the four pills, the initial G.I. discomfort is the only indication that I have consumed anything. After that, I feel no different mentally or physically. In fact it may be easy to forget during that 30minutes (esp. if you feel no discomfort) that you have taken anything at all HOWEVER once the workout commences any thoughts that nothing is happening quickly disipate. And i'll explain why:

Anyone familiar with 5/3/1 knows that only during the first 4/5 weeks you use 90% of your 1rm to base your numbers off then after the first month you increase your base values by 5lbs for upper body and 10lbs for lower body; you then use 90% off these values and so on and so forth. This is now my third 5 week cycle of 5/3/1 (meaning increases of 15 and 30lbs for my upper and lower body lifts respectfully). Now, on the last set of the day you do AMRAP (as many reps as possible) at either 85%, 90% or 95% the targets for these percentages are 5+, 3+ and 1+ respectfully. Throughout my 5/3/1 time, I have never been able to go past 2 extra reps, mostly only hitting one more however for the first time, I hit three extra reps at 90%. This is incredible for me. And the only clue that I had taken anything before my workout was insane leg pumps. Following this I did speed work and hypertrophy work breaking plateaus on both my Good Mornings and Pistol Squat.

Now, I don't want to credit all of this too MAX PUMP, but a part of me cannot deny the increases in strength and muscular endurance. It will be interesting to see if this continues and i'm more excited than ever to hit chest on monday.

Anyway, on with the log:

So my leg days are my most dreaded and my most loved days. Typically I get very exhausted after my Squat, Box Squat, Pistol Squat and Lunge session, whats worse is that I also have Good Mornings, SDL's and GHR's afterward (i'm considering splitting the Quads and Hammies up just for this reason) and yesterday was no exception. I was nakered. But also felt like I accomplished something. Every exercise was better than the week before in either reps or weight. In the case of the former, at least 2 reps more per set per exercise and in the case of the latter, at least 5lb increases. And in the case of GM's, both an increase in weight + reps.

The pumps were insane, and I expected nothing less at this stage. The pumps really came to light during my speed sets and remained throughout my workout.

1) Vascularity/ Pumps: 5, it truly deserves nothing less.
2) Muscle Endurance/ Stamina: Definite increase, 4.5
3) Muscle Strength: Muscle strength is up; I am in a surplus calorie wise so extra strength isexpected, but I wasn't expecting this much. 4.5
4) Overall physical performance: God-like. Nah, maybe not quite, but the session was dominated and my strength remained throughout the session. 4.5
5) My overall opinion: I'm very pleased. 'nuff said. 4.5

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I continue to be pleasantly surprised by how this performs in other categories besides pump but then I don't know what's in it so don't know what to expect.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
a few observations I noted down after taking the 4 caps preworkout.
would expect nothing less from you :)
MAX PUMP is something else; after taking the four pills, the initial G.I. discomfort is the only indication that I have consumed anything. After that, I feel no different mentally or physically. In fact it may be easy to forget during that 30minutes (esp. if you feel no discomfort) that you have taken anything at all HOWEVER once the workout commences any thoughts that nothing is happening quickly disipate. And i'll explain why:
oh do tell
Throughout my 5/3/1 time, I have never been able to go past 2 extra reps, mostly only hitting one more however for the first time, I hit three extra reps at 90%. This is incredible for me. And the only clue that I had taken anything before my workout was insane leg pumps. Following this I did speed work and hypertrophy work breaking plateaus on both my Good Mornings and Pistol Squat.
VERY nice sir!
So my leg days are my most dreaded and my most loved days. Typically I get very exhausted after my Squat, Box Squat, Pistol Squat and Lunge session, whats worse is that I also have Good Mornings, SDL's and GHR's afterward (i'm considering splitting the Quads and Hammies up just for this reason) and yesterday was no exception.
boldened - def agree here
I was naked!
uhh, tmi friend..let's keeps this focused on MAX PUMP, and not your workout attire (or lack thereof)
1) Vascularity/ Pumps: 5, it truly deserves nothing less.
2) Muscle Endurance/ Stamina: Definite increase, 4.5
3) Muscle Strength: Muscle strength is up; I am in a surplus calorie wise so extra strength isexpected, but I wasn't expecting this much. 4.5
4) Overall physical performance: God-like. Nah, maybe not quite, but the session was dominated and my strength remained throughout the session. 4.5
5) My overall opinion: I'm very pleased. 'nuff said. 4.5
short & sweet, informational rating
wonderful jiigzz :cool2:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Digging the review and the story of the new PR for reps is awesome as well. I am really surprised you work legs naked though... I would be afraid someone would step on my uh "workout log."

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I continue to be pleasantly surprised by how this performs in other categories besides pump but then I don't know what's in it so don't know what to expect.
I'm loving it, breaking PR's, insane pumps + increased endurance. A well-rounded product.
would expect nothing less from you :)
oh do tell
VERY nice sir!
boldened - def agree here

uhh, tmi friend..let's keeps this focused on MAX PUMP, and not your workout attire (or lack thereof)
short & sweet, informational rating
wonderful jiigzz :cool2:
Haha, :D

I kept it short, I had literally just left the gym when I typed it out so I kinda rushed it before I had to go out again. I'm very intrigued as to what is in this product. Whatever it is, works very well.

Digging the review and the story of the new PR for reps is awesome as well. I am really surprised you work legs naked though... I would be afraid someone would step on my uh "workout log."
:lol: well played. I feel the lack of clothing frees up my movement and allows for greater ROM....

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Update soon for bench day.. my oh my.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Alright; the bench day. As usual, I took 4 caps 30 minutes pre-workout 1 after after my mid afternoon meal. I used the 30 minutes to do a light warm-up as per usual. A little bit of mobility work (shoulder) and some prehab/rehab work (YTIW raises + internal rotation). Again, after ~5minutes the usual discomfort is felt and passes within the same time frame.

I decided to change up my routine and change from P/RR/S bastardized to a P.H.A.T bastardized (following only its hypertrophy template) just because I like the idea of speed sets and direct hypertrophy work. I had originally planned to make this a chest/traps and triceps day but due to limited time I only had time for Chest; it didn't matter though as i'll just add in another day for this direct work. To compensate, I increased the volume a bit by an extra set per exercise.

Bench 5/3/1 performance was way above expectations. I had mentally gone in to the AMRAP set with an extra rep in mind, I did another 2 so I was more than pleased with that. Incline bench went up 5lbs + for 10 reps which I was pleased with (esp. as I added in bench speed sets after my bench work). Dumbell flat bench was done for 2 extras reps than the previous week with the same weight which is still considerable given that I was rather fatigued at this point. That pretty much ended my day which was a tad disapointing but sometimes these things happen.
My triceps + chest were pumped like crazy and muscular endurance and strength was definitely up. I'm definitely seeing a pattern here.

1) Vascularity/ Pumps: Product lives up it its name; You get PUMPED with MAX PUMP. An easy 5
2) Muscle Endurance/ Stamina: Definite increase beyond that of my normal endurance levels, 5
3) Muscle Strength: Did not disapoint. Time and Time again more reps with more weight. 4.5
4) Overall physical performance: Beyond expectations for the day. 5
5) My overall opinion: An easy 5, the product delivers in what it promises.

oz_phys

oz_phys

Awards
What is in this stuff?! Sounding like an effective stim-free option pre-training! GI discomfort subsiding?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have been lucky so far the 2 doses I have had no problems.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
okay i guess i lied on the secret part.. :lol:

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Max Pump (120 Capsules): Discount Max Pump Supplements

jiigzz - wanted to keep you in suspense a bit longer, but your feedback has been so on-the-money i figured why keep you waiting..
please continue with your beta log and running as you have, your feedback is still valuable to us
thanks!
Holy ****, Finaflex does it again; I have a tonne of studies on Betaine on hand (i'll post some up soon on my home computer) including a powerpoint presentation by ZiR Red On AM under this title: Betaine supplementation, performance and HCTL.

Awesome stuff, this looks to be a winner.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What is in this stuff?! Sounding like an effective stim-free option pre-training! GI discomfort subsiding?
Definitely check out that link Mr. Kleen and Snagency posted up, its well worth a look. G.I discomfort remains the same since dose 1 but it is not something that is off-putting or long lasting. Some people get it and some people don't.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Some science for you guys to ponder over:
The effects of chronic betaine supplementation on exercise performance, skeletal muscle oxygen saturation and associated biochemical parameters in resistance trained men.

Trepanowski JF, Farney TM, McCarthy CG, Schilling BK, Craig SA, Bloomer RJ.

Source

Cardiorespiratory/Metabolic Laboratory, The University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee, USA.

Abstract

Trepanowski, JF, Farney, TM, McCarthy, CG, Schilling, BK, Craig, SA, and Bloomer, RJ. The effects of chronic betaine supplementation on exercise performance, skeletal muscle oxygen saturation, and associated biochemical parameters in resistance trained men. J Strength Cond Res 25(12): 3461-3471, 2011-We examined the effects of chronic betaine supplementation on exercise performance and associated parameters in resistance trained men. Men were randomly assigned in a double-blind manner using a crossover design to consume betaine (2.5 g of betaine mixed in 500 ml of Gatorade®) or a placebo (500 ml of Gatorade®) for 14 days, with a 21-day washout period. Before and after each treatment period, tests of lower- and upper-body muscular power and isometric force were conducted, including a test of upper-body muscular endurance (10 sets of bench press exercise to failure). Muscle tissue oxygen saturation (StO2) during the bench press protocol was measured via near infrared spectroscopy. Blood samples were collected before and after the exercise test protocol for analysis of lactate, nitrate/nitrite (NOx), and malondialdehyde (MDA). When analyzed using a repeated measures analysis of variance, no significant differences were noted between conditions for exercise performance variables (p > 0.05). However, an increase in total repetitions (p = 0.01) and total volume load (p = 0.02) in the 10-set bench press protocol was noted with betaine supplementation (paired t-tests), with values increasing approximately 6.5% from preintervention to postintervention. Although not of statistical significance (p = 0.14), postexercise blood lactate increased to a lesser extent with betaine supplementation (210%) compared with placebo administration (270%). NOx was lower postintervention as compared with preintervention (p = 0.06), and MDA was relatively unchanged. The decrease in StO2 during the bench press protocol was greater with betaine vs. placebo (p = 0.01), possibly suggesting enhanced muscle oxygen consumption. These findings indicate that betaine supplementation results in a moderate increase in total repetitions and volume load in the bench press exercise, without favorably impacting other performance measures.

PMID: 22080324

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
chronic betaine supplementation - they make it sound like a damn disease or something :D
thanks for the addition jiigzz, goes right into other lit i've been looking at

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Betaine has some awesome potential

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Shoulder workout today and as usual, it was better than expected. After learning what was in MAX PUMP I have decided that dosage timing does not matter (whether AM or PM or on an empty or full stomach) so I just went with my normal routine. Betaine builds up in the system over time, so i'm hoping Finaflex launches MAX PUMP at the planet before this log is over so I can continue to build up levels in my system. :D

Again after the four caps dosing I got a little discomfort but it quickley subsided yet again. I will be giving betaine a little more attention this week to see what I find that may act synergistically with MAX PUMP. Not that MAX PUMP needs it, but it would be interesting to see.

On my Military Press I managed 3 extra reps on my AMRAP yet again! Definitely a pattern here, suprising but also reassuring. Theres no stim clouding my mind, the results and increases in strength speak for themselves. I definitely like the potential ths product has. The rest of my shoulder workout was great, more reps in all exercises + increased weight in lat raises and DB seated press.

i also decided to do Biceps today after I missed them yesterday, and the pump was incredible; if I had a needle I swear all my blood would have burst out of my arm, i'm more than impressed by this. Best pump I have had in years. Supersetting BB curls with preacher curls and then DB curls definitely bought out the pump to an uncontrollable level. Strength was up aswell, managing an extra 5lb on BB bicep curl which is good I guess.

1) Vascularity/ Pumps: I love the arm pump, its more pronounced than ever, even had some insane forearm vascularity + bicep vascularity An easy 5
2) Muscle Endurance/ Stamina: Gets better every workout. I get mentally tired but my muscles just keep going, and thats all I care about. 5
3) Muscle Strength: I'm seeing a definite pattern here. Strength is up in every workout. managing extra reps with more weight. What more could you want. 5
4) Overall physical performance: Beyond expectations in everyway. The product is a hit. No doubt about it now. 5
5) My overall opinion: 5, the product is well formulated. Can't wait to get it again and really put it too the test, although my run isnt over yet. 5

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow that's very encouraging...