REDEFINING the PWO with FINAFLEX's MAX PUMP (Sponsored Beta Test)

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Makes sense to me!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

After a busy weekend, I am back. I had a leg workout yesterday but before I get into it, a few observations I noted down after taking the 4 caps preworkout. MAX PUMP is something else; after taking the four pills, the initial G.I. discomfort is the only indication that I have consumed anything. After that, I feel no different mentally or physically. In fact it may be easy to forget during that 30minutes (esp. if you feel no discomfort) that you have taken anything at all HOWEVER once the workout commences any thoughts that nothing is happening quickly disipate. And i'll explain why:

Anyone familiar with 5/3/1 knows that only during the first 4/5 weeks you use 90% of your 1rm to base your numbers off then after the first month you increase your base values by 5lbs for upper body and 10lbs for lower body; you then use 90% off these values and so on and so forth. This is now my third 5 week cycle of 5/3/1 (meaning increases of 15 and 30lbs for my upper and lower body lifts respectfully). Now, on the last set of the day you do AMRAP (as many reps as possible) at either 85%, 90% or 95% the targets for these percentages are 5+, 3+ and 1+ respectfully. Throughout my 5/3/1 time, I have never been able to go past 2 extra reps, mostly only hitting one more however for the first time, I hit three extra reps at 90%. This is incredible for me. And the only clue that I had taken anything before my workout was insane leg pumps. Following this I did speed work and hypertrophy work breaking plateaus on both my Good Mornings and Pistol Squat.

Now, I don't want to credit all of this too MAX PUMP, but a part of me cannot deny the increases in strength and muscular endurance. It will be interesting to see if this continues and i'm more excited than ever to hit chest on monday.

Anyway, on with the log:

So my leg days are my most dreaded and my most loved days. Typically I get very exhausted after my Squat, Box Squat, Pistol Squat and Lunge session, whats worse is that I also have Good Mornings, SDL's and GHR's afterward (i'm considering splitting the Quads and Hammies up just for this reason) and yesterday was no exception. I was nakered. But also felt like I accomplished something. Every exercise was better than the week before in either reps or weight. In the case of the former, at least 2 reps more per set per exercise and in the case of the latter, at least 5lb increases. And in the case of GM's, both an increase in weight + reps.

The pumps were insane, and I expected nothing less at this stage. The pumps really came to light during my speed sets and remained throughout my workout.

1) Vascularity/ Pumps: 5, it truly deserves nothing less.
    2) Muscle Endurance/ Stamina: Definite increase, 4.5
    3) Muscle Strength: Muscle strength is up; I am in a surplus calorie wise so extra strength isexpected, but I wasn't expecting this much. 4.5
    4) Overall physical performance: God-like. Nah, maybe not quite, but the session was dominated and my strength remained throughout the session. 4.5
    5) My overall opinion: I'm very pleased. 'nuff said. 4.5
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I continue to be pleasantly surprised by how this performs in other categories besides pump but then I don't know what's in it so don't know what to expect.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    a few observations I noted down after taking the 4 caps preworkout.
    would expect nothing less from you
    MAX PUMP is something else; after taking the four pills, the initial G.I. discomfort is the only indication that I have consumed anything. After that, I feel no different mentally or physically. In fact it may be easy to forget during that 30minutes (esp. if you feel no discomfort) that you have taken anything at all HOWEVER once the workout commences any thoughts that nothing is happening quickly disipate. And i'll explain why:
    oh do tell
    Throughout my 5/3/1 time, I have never been able to go past 2 extra reps, mostly only hitting one more however for the first time, I hit three extra reps at 90%. This is incredible for me. And the only clue that I had taken anything before my workout was insane leg pumps. Following this I did speed work and hypertrophy work breaking plateaus on both my Good Mornings and Pistol Squat.
    VERY nice sir!
    So my leg days are my most dreaded and my most loved days. Typically I get very exhausted after my Squat, Box Squat, Pistol Squat and Lunge session, whats worse is that I also have Good Mornings, SDL's and GHR's afterward (i'm considering splitting the Quads and Hammies up just for this reason) and yesterday was no exception.
    boldened - def agree here
    I was naked!
    uhh, tmi friend..let's keeps this focused on MAX PUMP, and not your workout attire (or lack thereof)
    1) Vascularity/ Pumps: 5, it truly deserves nothing less.
    2) Muscle Endurance/ Stamina: Definite increase, 4.5
    3) Muscle Strength: Muscle strength is up; I am in a surplus calorie wise so extra strength isexpected, but I wasn't expecting this much. 4.5
    4) Overall physical performance: God-like. Nah, maybe not quite, but the session was dominated and my strength remained throughout the session. 4.5
    5) My overall opinion: I'm very pleased. 'nuff said. 4.5
    short & sweet, informational rating
    wonderful jiigzz
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Digging the review and the story of the new PR for reps is awesome as well. I am really surprised you work legs naked though... I would be afraid someone would step on my uh "workout log."
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I continue to be pleasantly surprised by how this performs in other categories besides pump but then I don't know what's in it so don't know what to expect.
    I'm loving it, breaking PR's, insane pumps + increased endurance. A well-rounded product.
    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    would expect nothing less from you
    oh do tell
    VERY nice sir!
    boldened - def agree here

uhh, tmi friend..let's keeps this focused on MAX PUMP, and not your workout attire (or lack thereof)
    short & sweet, informational rating
    wonderful jiigzz
    Haha,

I kept it short, I had literally just left the gym when I typed it out so I kinda rushed it before I had to go out again. I'm very intrigued as to what is in this product. Whatever it is, works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Digging the review and the story of the new PR for reps is awesome as well. I am really surprised you work legs naked though... I would be afraid someone would step on my uh "workout log."
    well played. I feel the lack of clothing frees up my movement and allows for greater ROM....
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Update soon for bench day.. my oh my.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Alright; the bench day. As usual, I took 4 caps 30 minutes pre-workout 1 after after my mid afternoon meal. I used the 30 minutes to do a light warm-up as per usual. A little bit of mobility work (shoulder) and some prehab/rehab work (YTIW raises + internal rotation). Again, after ~5minutes the usual discomfort is felt and passes within the same time frame.

I decided to change up my routine and change from P/RR/S bastardized to a P.H.A.T bastardized (following only its hypertrophy template) just because I like the idea of speed sets and direct hypertrophy work. I had originally planned to make this a chest/traps and triceps day but due to limited time I only had time for Chest; it didn't matter though as i'll just add in another day for this direct work. To compensate, I increased the volume a bit by an extra set per exercise.

Bench 5/3/1 performance was way above expectations. I had mentally gone in to the AMRAP set with an extra rep in mind, I did another 2 so I was more than pleased with that. Incline bench went up 5lbs + for 10 reps which I was pleased with (esp. as I added in bench speed sets after my bench work). Dumbell flat bench was done for 2 extras reps than the previous week with the same weight which is still considerable given that I was rather fatigued at this point. That pretty much ended my day which was a tad disapointing but sometimes these things happen.
    My triceps + chest were pumped like crazy and muscular endurance and strength was definitely up. I'm definitely seeing a pattern here.

1) Vascularity/ Pumps: Product lives up it its name; You get PUMPED with MAX PUMP. An easy 5
    2) Muscle Endurance/ Stamina: Definite increase beyond that of my normal endurance levels, 5
    3) Muscle Strength: Did not disapoint. Time and Time again more reps with more weight. 4.5
    4) Overall physical performance: Beyond expectations for the day. 5
    5) My overall opinion: An easy 5, the product delivers in what it promises.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

What is in this stuff?! Sounding like an effective stim-free option pre-training! GI discomfort subsiding?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by oz_phys View Post
    What is in this stuff?!?
    is a secret
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

I have been lucky so far the 2 doses I have had no problems.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Exclamation

okay i guess i lied on the secret part..

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Max Pump (120 Capsules): Discount Max Pump Supplements

jiigzz - wanted to keep you in suspense a bit longer, but your feedback has been so on-the-money i figured why keep you waiting..
    please continue with your beta log and running as you have, your feedback is still valuable to us
    thanks!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

What is in this stuff?! Sounding like an effective stim-free option pre-training! GI discomfort subsiding?
    Check the link! http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/r...-capsules.html
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

okay i guess i lied on the secret part..

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Max Pump (120 Capsules): Discount Max Pump Supplements

jiigzz - wanted to keep you in suspense a bit longer, but your feedback has been so on-the-money i figured why keep you waiting..
    please continue with your beta log and running as you have, your feedback is still valuable to us
    thanks!
    Holy ****, Finaflex does it again; I have a tonne of studies on Betaine on hand (i'll post some up soon on my home computer) including a powerpoint presentation by ZiR Red On AM under this title: Betaine supplementation, performance and HCTL.

Awesome stuff, this looks to be a winner.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Definitely check out that link Mr. Kleen and Snagency posted up, its well worth a look. G.I discomfort remains the same since dose 1 but it is not something that is off-putting or long lasting. Some people get it and some people don't.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Some science for you guys to ponder over:
    The effects of chronic betaine supplementation on exercise performance, skeletal muscle oxygen saturation and associated biochemical parameters in resistance trained men.

Trepanowski JF, Farney TM, McCarthy CG, Schilling BK, Craig SA, Bloomer RJ.

Source

Cardiorespiratory/Metabolic Laboratory, The University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee, USA.

Abstract

Trepanowski, JF, Farney, TM, McCarthy, CG, Schilling, BK, Craig, SA, and Bloomer, RJ. The effects of chronic betaine supplementation on exercise performance, skeletal muscle oxygen saturation, and associated biochemical parameters in resistance trained men. J Strength Cond Res 25(12): 3461-3471, 2011-We examined the effects of chronic betaine supplementation on exercise performance and associated parameters in resistance trained men. Men were randomly assigned in a double-blind manner using a crossover design to consume betaine (2.5 g of betaine mixed in 500 ml of Gatorade®) or a placebo (500 ml of Gatorade®) for 14 days, with a 21-day washout period. Before and after each treatment period, tests of lower- and upper-body muscular power and isometric force were conducted, including a test of upper-body muscular endurance (10 sets of bench press exercise to failure). Muscle tissue oxygen saturation (StO2) during the bench press protocol was measured via near infrared spectroscopy. Blood samples were collected before and after the exercise test protocol for analysis of lactate, nitrate/nitrite (NOx), and malondialdehyde (MDA). When analyzed using a repeated measures analysis of variance, no significant differences were noted between conditions for exercise performance variables (p > 0.05). However, an increase in total repetitions (p = 0.01) and total volume load (p = 0.02) in the 10-set bench press protocol was noted with betaine supplementation (paired t-tests), with values increasing approximately 6.5% from preintervention to postintervention. Although not of statistical significance (p = 0.14), postexercise blood lactate increased to a lesser extent with betaine supplementation (210%) compared with placebo administration (270%). NOx was lower postintervention as compared with preintervention (p = 0.06), and MDA was relatively unchanged. The decrease in StO2 during the bench press protocol was greater with betaine vs. placebo (p = 0.01), possibly suggesting enhanced muscle oxygen consumption. These findings indicate that betaine supplementation results in a moderate increase in total repetitions and volume load in the bench press exercise, without favorably impacting other performance measures.

PMID: 22080324
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

chronic betaine supplementation - they make it sound like a damn disease or something
    thanks for the addition jiigzz, goes right into other lit i've been looking at
  18. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Betaine has some awesome potential

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Shoulder workout today and as usual, it was better than expected. After learning what was in MAX PUMP I have decided that dosage timing does not matter (whether AM or PM or on an empty or full stomach) so I just went with my normal routine. Betaine builds up in the system over time, so i'm hoping Finaflex launches MAX PUMP at the planet before this log is over so I can continue to build up levels in my system.

Again after the four caps dosing I got a little discomfort but it quickley subsided yet again. I will be giving betaine a little more attention this week to see what I find that may act synergistically with MAX PUMP. Not that MAX PUMP needs it, but it would be interesting to see.

On my Military Press I managed 3 extra reps on my AMRAP yet again! Definitely a pattern here, suprising but also reassuring. Theres no stim clouding my mind, the results and increases in strength speak for themselves. I definitely like the potential ths product has. The rest of my shoulder workout was great, more reps in all exercises + increased weight in lat raises and DB seated press.

i also decided to do Biceps today after I missed them yesterday, and the pump was incredible; if I had a needle I swear all my blood would have burst out of my arm, i'm more than impressed by this. Best pump I have had in years. Supersetting BB curls with preacher curls and then DB curls definitely bought out the pump to an uncontrollable level. Strength was up aswell, managing an extra 5lb on BB bicep curl which is good I guess.

1) Vascularity/ Pumps: I love the arm pump, its more pronounced than ever, even had some insane forearm vascularity + bicep vascularity An easy 5
    2) Muscle Endurance/ Stamina: Gets better every workout. I get mentally tired but my muscles just keep going, and thats all I care about. 5
    3) Muscle Strength: I'm seeing a definite pattern here. Strength is up in every workout. managing extra reps with more weight. What more could you want. 5
    4) Overall physical performance: Beyond expectations in everyway. The product is a hit. No doubt about it now. 5
    5) My overall opinion: 5, the product is well formulated. Can't wait to get it again and really put it too the test, although my run isnt over yet. 5
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Wow that's very encouraging...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    After learning what was in MAX PUMP I have decided that dosage timing does not matter (whether AM or PM or on an empty or full stomach) so I just went with my normal routine. Betaine builds up in the system over time, so i'm hoping Finaflex launches MAX PUMP at the planet before this log is over so I can continue to build up levels in my system.
    very nice, and well understood
    this is why we aasked our testers to take every day, workout or not

Again after the four caps dosing I got a little discomfort but it quickley subsided yet again. I will be giving betaine a little more attention this week to see what I find that may act synergistically with MAX PUMP. Not that MAX PUMP needs it, but it would be interesting to see.

On my Military Press I managed 3 extra reps on my AMRAP yet again! Definitely a pattern here, suprising but also reassuring. Theres no stim clouding my mind, the results and increases in strength speak for themselves. I definitely like the potential ths product has. The rest of my shoulder workout was great, more reps in all exercises + increased weight in lat raises and DB seated press.

i also decided to do Biceps today after I missed them yesterday, and the pump was incredible; if I had a needle I swear all my blood would have burst out of my arm, i'm more than impressed by this. Best pump I have had in years. Supersetting BB curls with preacher curls and then DB curls definitely bought out the pump to an uncontrollable level. Strength was up aswell, managing an extra 5lb on BB bicep curl which is good I guess.

1) Vascularity/ Pumps: I love the arm pump, its more pronounced than ever, even had some insane forearm vascularity + bicep vascularity An easy 5
    2) Muscle Endurance/ Stamina: Gets better every workout. I get mentally tired but my muscles just keep going, and thats all I care about. 5
    3) Muscle Strength: I'm seeing a definite pattern here. Strength is up in every workout. managing extra reps with more weight. What more could you want. 5
    4) Overall physical performance: Beyond expectations in everyway. The product is a hit. No doubt about it now. 5
    5) My overall opinion: 5, the product is well formulated. Can't wait to get it again and really put it too the test, although my run isnt over yet. 5
    what can i say except nice again!
    you are proving to be a very valued beta tester, as i knew would be the case
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Great feedback Jiigzz good to see that everyone is enjoying and is as excited about this stuff as I am. Ready for a few more bottles myself.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Betaine has some awesome potential

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    I'm very intrigued by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Wow that's very encouraging...
    It has been an awesome run, and atm this is looking to be the best pre i've ever used. Not that it is just a pre either.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

1 More Study for those of you who are interested.

Betaine supplementation enhances anabolic endocrine and Akt signaling in response to acute bouts of exercise.

Apicella JM, Lee EC, Bailey BL, Saenz C, Anderson JM, Craig SA, Kraemer WJ, Volek JS, Maresh CM.

Source

Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, 2095 Hillside Road, Unit 1110, Storrs, CT, 06269, USA.

Abstract

Our aim was to examine the effect of betaine supplementation on selected circulating hormonal measures and Akt muscle signaling proteins after an acute exercise session. Twelve trained men (age 19.7 ± 1.23 years) underwent 2 weeks of supplementation with either betaine (B) (1.25 g BID) or placebo (P). Following a 2-week washout period, subjects underwent supplementation with the other treatment (B or P). Before and after each 2-week period, subjects performed an acute exercise session (AES). Circulating GH, IGF-1, cortisol, and insulin were measured. Vastus lateralis samples were analyzed for signaling proteins (Akt, p70 S6k, AMPK). B (vs. P) supplementation approached a significant increase in GH (mean ± SD (Area under the curve, AUC), B: 40.72 ± 6.14, P: 38.28 ± 5.54, p = 0.060) and significantly increased IGF-1 (mean ± SD (AUC), B: 106.19 ± 13.45, P: 95.10 ± 14.23, p = 0.010), but significantly decreased cortisol (mean ± SD (AUC), B: 1,079.18 ± 110.02, P: 1,228.53 ± 130.32, p = 0.007). There was no difference in insulin (AUC). B increased resting Total muscle Akt (p = 0.003). B potentiated phosphorylation (relative to P) of Akt (Ser(473)) and p70 S6 k (Thr(389)) (p = 0.016 and p = 0.005, respectively). Phosphorylation of AMPK (Thr(172)) decreased during both treatments (both p = 0.001). Betaine (vs. placebo) supplementation enhanced both the anabolic endocrine profile and the corresponding anabolic signaling environment, suggesting increased protein synthesis.

PMID: 22976217

Interesting in this one is that AMPK activity decreased meaning that mTOR activity increased.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

very nice, and well understood
    this is why we aasked our testers to take every day, workout or not
    As soon as I saw the ingredient profile I realised why it was suggested to take the dosage even on the days off. Makes complete sense now
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

another nice find by you - great info in that study, and more reaffirmation of my own anecdotal experience & observation
    very nice!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

No workout today, had an early start at work (4am) so I crashed out when I got home at 4pm. Dosed and fell asleep haha
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Increased Protien synthesis ... I read another article about it might be the same study...
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Good find JIIGZZ, stuff is kind of like A1, it makes everything better.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Good find JIIGZZ, stuff is kind of like A1, it makes everything better.
    Not in the same sense as A1 though. Finaflex was smart to cap it. Betaine tastes sort of like DAA. Sour. Lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Green pulls out all the stops with FINAFLEX EPI-V (sponsored)
    By TurningGreen in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 398
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 07:55 AM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 11:17 AM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 10:14 AM
  4. 50 days with iForce's Max Out. (Sponsored)
    By Maverick60 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 01:25 PM
  5. Replies: 119
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 09:38 PM