Maxing Out with Performax Labs Power Max- sponsored

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Shot out to Adizzle for giving me a chance to log this PWO. I’m currently in the last week of my month long run of MassHgh.
Basic Stats:
5’7”
240lbs
Currently coming off a lean bulk with Mass HGH
Years Lifting: 17
Past Pre-Workout History- NO-Explode, Flashover, Craze, White Flood, Super-Pump 250, Volatile, Lit Up, RPM/Drive combo, Hemavol, Maximize, Maximize Intense, Animal Pump, Animal Rage, Shock Therapy, NO-Shotgun, jacked (original), N2KTS, ad JP8…just to name a few. With that said I’ve tried quite a few and know what and how various PWO’s affect me.

During the log, I will be accessing the following:
Intensity
Endurance
Focus
Pumps
Negatives- i.e. digestive, bad taste, too stimed, etc…

Workout 1- February 10, 2013
*Caveat this with saying I’m currently still taking Mass HGH
Took 2 scoops of PowerMax at 6pm on my drive to the gym. As I’ve mentioned in my recent sample review, the onset of the product is certainly noticeable but not overpowering. Intensity was good and stayed focused throughout my workout. Not much to report on pumps as it was leg day. No negative items to report either.

Workout looked like this:
Squats- new PR with 455lb for 5 reps- I contribute this largely to my current run with MassHGH, although I’m sure PowerMax helped with the intensity here.
Hacks
Stiff Leg DL
Leg Exts
Leg Curls
Calf raises

Tonight will likely be an off night. Stay tunned.

Iron4life

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
You're pushing some solid numbers. Definitely looking forward to this log:1244:

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Should be a good run. Curious to see how this pwo handles itself after week 3. Most seem to lose their efficiency after the first couple weeks. Intensity is at a max right now so hoping to put up some big numbers.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea, i mean i believe everyone will start to build a tolerance to caffeine, but luckily it is SO much more then just caffeine. Ive been using it straight for a couple months and still gets me going every time!

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Quick update... hit chest/tris on tues and back/bis tonight. Pump, intensity and focus all contuine to rock. Def worth looking into for someone who isnt looking for a craz stim type pwo.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i agree. I drink several cups of coffee a day so my stim tolerance tends to be pretty high. I like that the stim componet on this isnt overbearing but just enough to let you know its working. For me, this product really starts to kick into full gear about 30 mins into my workout. Def liking it thus far.

Any idea when NP is gonna get this in stock? Based on what ive read from others, i imagine this stuff will fly off the shelf, especially if the price is right.

Yea, i mean i believe everyone will start to build a tolerance to caffeine, but luckily it is SO much more then just caffeine. Ive been using it straight for a couple months and still gets me going every time!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I actually have no idea but i believe they are working on getting on NP soon, hopefully it works out!

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
I agree with ya. Good product with a good price is the way to go. Wish it wasn't fruit punch, one flavor from all companies that I do not prefer but will suck it up.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We will have some more coming out, were working on our testosterone booster and fat burner first however!

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Had a solid last couple of workouts. Hit Back/light bis on Wed, took thursday off and hit shoulders and traps on friday. So far the pumps, endurance and focus have all been great. Not a whole lot else to report other than having some good workouts lately. Feels good to be firing on all cylinders.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Had a solid last couple of workouts. Hit Back/light bis on Wed, took thursday off and hit shoulders and traps on friday. So far the pumps, endurance and focus have all been great. Not a whole lot else to report other than having some good workouts lately. Feels good to be firing on all cylinders.
Always a good to have consistency.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hell yea im glad your enjoying the product so much!

Keep up the hard training!

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Had a good arm workout on Sat and a solid leg workout on Sunday. Will be using today as a rest day. Was limited on time so did a ton of leg presses- worked up to 16 plates per side for a set of 8. Was pretty happy with that. Finished it off with leg curls, leg exts, lunges and 6 sets of calves. I usualy squat on leg day however given the limited time, i had to crank through my workout. Had excellent focus, endurance and strength. Will be hitting chest and maybe tri's on Tuesday.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea, sounds like another awesome workout.

Is the energy still kickin pretty good for you?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea i dont know if you touched down on that, but whats your thoughts on the flavor?

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Interested on flavor feedback as well. When using the suggested 8oz of water, it was quite smooth and refreshing. I wasn't always the biggest Fruit Punch guy when using pre-workouts in the past. Powermax helped rid any bias I had towards fruit punch flavors, Performax Labs pulled off the flavor well.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Hey fellas...sorry for the delay, been one busy as day at work. So, taste, IMHO its pretty good for fruit punch. It seems like alot of companies go overboard and try to make it too sweet. This one is spot on. It mixes well and the taste is actually refreshing. FYI- Ive been dosing two scoops with aprox 16 oz of water

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Hey fellas...sorry for the delay, been one busy as day at work. So, taste, IMHO its pretty good for fruit punch. It seems like alot of companies go overboard and try to make it too sweet. This one is spot on. It mixes well and the taste is actually refreshing. FYI- Ive been dosing two scoops with aprox 16 oz of water

No worries on the delay, we all have busy schedules I'm sure. Glad to hear you enjoyed the flavor! 16oz seems to be the money spot for me as well(@ 2 servings of Powermax). It has a nice balance with the tartness:sweetness ratio. I'm sure you found the mix-ability pretty effortless?

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
I think it mixes quite effortlessly. Its pretty smooth and has zero clumping

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the update, we knew you liked how it worked but just wanted to see how it tasted and mixed for you.

Taste is highly subjective but it seems most people are liking it so far!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Yes there is no such thing as a universally preferred flavor. Different strokes for different folks! I'm sure further down the line Performax Labs will be adding more flavor skews to both Powermax and future products.

How has the overall experience in regards to focus and consistency of energy been for you?

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Im def liking this product thus far. Energy is steady throughout the workout. Focus and pumps are great too. No real crash afterwards as well. Its a great all around pwo IMO.

Yes there is no such thing as a universally preferred flavor. Different strokes for different folks! I'm sure further down the line Performax Labs will be adding more flavor skews to both Powermax and future products.

How has the overall experience in regards to focus and consistency of energy been for you?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome, im really glad your enjoying it!

Its usually $29.99 so its a great value however ive seen it as low as $19.99 so you really cant beat it!

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
SOrry for the delay on updates here fellas, the flu bug hit me on sat afternoon and ive been wiped ever since. Hoping to be back to work and the gym tomorrow.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Man that stinks. I know how ya feel my kids being stuff home all the time, either the wife or I getting sick.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that man, flus always know how to mess up any decent gym session. Hopefully you're getting some rest. Make a speedy recovery!

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Hey fellas...sorry again for the delay here. I just got back to work today. Planning on hitting the gym tonight. Alot going on as I just accepted a job transfer so on top of being sick, weve been busy ironing all those details out. Alot of big changes ahead. Ill def have an update this evening. Itching to get back into the gym and clear my head.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Felt great to get back into the gym tonight. Hit Chest and tris. Had a pretty decent workout considering being sick for a few days. Pump and intensity were both great. Strength was a little off but that was expected. Followed it up with 20 mins of cardio and a few mins in the sauna.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea following an illness strength is def. going to be down but im glad you still got some good pumps! Keep up all the hard work brother!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see you're fully recovered and back on track! The body goes through utter hell when catching the flu. I'm sure in a couple of more days your body will be running full throttle. Props to getting back to training shortly after your illness, Dedication!

Looking forward to your updates!

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Had a pretty good back bi workout Friday night. Strength is about at 75% which I'm ok with. It will be back to normal come next week. Worked up to 6 plates on rack pulls and 315 on barbel rows which all felt good. Had an awesome pump and muscle fullness was popping as well. Energy and focus remains consistent. Really nothing to complain about with this product. Today will be an off day. Rest and dinner out with the wife.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome, sounds like the PowerMax is staying strong! Keep it up brother!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Looks like the pumps are consistent and you're getting a solid PWO experience thus far. It maybe a bit difficult to see the Power gains considering your illness last week. Hopefully you'll be moving from 75% to 100% over the course of the week. Once your body finds its way back to energy/hydration/nutrient/etc...balance, I'm sure you can more closely gauge Powermax's effects on increasing your numbers and PRs. Keep it up, enjoy dinner with the Mrs.

-Dr. Veritas

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
hey fellas...had a good shoulder workout tonight..pumps, focus and intensity continue to be present. strength is almost back to normal as well. Planning on hitting legs and calves tomorrow.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad its holding strong! So as your log is starting to come to an end im very interested in how you would rate Powermax next to some of the other big name pre workouts like Craze, White Flood, Animal Rage and the like.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Glad its holding strong! So as your log is starting to come to an end im very interested in how you would rate Powermax next to some of the other big name pre workouts like Craze, White Flood, Animal Rage and the like.

Agreed. Performax Labs was really aiming to compete with the bigger names in the business. It's good to get a sense of how this Powermax differentiates itself from other products and what can be done, if anything to better serve the needs of today's supplement users. Thanks for an awesome update once again.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Its def been a solid pre-wkt. Im getting to the end and will def be putting in a good solid review on this one. Ive tried too many to count and this one is absolutely one of my favorites now.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Positive feedback here... Glad it is working for you.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Thanks IRON4LIFE, excited to learn PowerMax stacks up with the competition. Seems like you've tried many PWOs in the past with questionably positive experience. We're thrilled whenever someone's given the chance to try Powermax. Alot of work was put into making it just right, glad the hardwork is paying off!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Positive feedback here... Glad it is working for you.
Thanks Budman7811, you've definetly been one of the earlier positive feedbacks we've received. Glad its still working out for you. How's the other supplementation coming along, haven't received a PM from you these past couple of weeks.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Hey sorry for the delays, had a family emergency that I had to tend to. How has your training been going? Looking forward to another update, hope all is well on your end.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the delay fellas.. Computer was out with some nasty malware and just got a new phone. Have been off as well for the last 4 days as I was out of town for my 30th. To top off the craziness, ve recently taken a new job so things have been busy. Will be back in the gym Tuesday hitting back. Hoping to get a final review up this week.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
Had a great back workout on Tuesday. Solid endurance, strength and pumps. Pulled 405x8 which is not bad considering i just had 5 days out of the gym. Yesterday i was off for my going away party at work. Will be killing some Chest and tris tonight. Stay tunned for a final review