Pre-contest log: 7 weeks out and Hyper T2 is taking me in!

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
First and foremost-- Many thanks to everyone at Lecheek for allowing me to run the Hyper T2 up to show day!! It comes at a great time because I really could stand to cut back on my stim intake without having to sacrifice my ability to burn as much fat as possible.

I'm 7 weeks out from my first show of the year and I will admit, dieting is proving to be harder than it was last year. I don't know if it's due to coming from the off-season bulk where I was much more laid back with the food or what...but it's definitely a daily struggle. With that said, the diet will be spot-on and perfect for the next 7 weeks. I'm going to stay consistent at right around 2800-2900 calories with macros broken down at 45% protein, 35% carbs, and 20% fat. I will post the specifics for each day in the log, showing total cals, grams of protein, carbs and fat. I usually eat pretty close to the same things everyday...I find it's easier to be consistent with the number that way.

I will also be really putting the Hyper T2 to the test by wearing my bodymedia armband...at least for the next couple of weeks. I will be able to track my daily calorie expenditure throughout the day and compare those numbers to my averages from a couple months ago. I'm hoping to see some extra calories burned even on the days where I am pretty much sitting all day at work. I will also be able to post the website snapshots so you all can see what that looks like. For a baseline, I took an average 7 day calories expenditure from October of last year and I averaged 3170 calories per day. This included workouts, sleeping, everything throughout the day and night.

I am going to keep my workout volume high until very close to the show. I have been consistently using much higher volumes over the past 3 months in a effort to add muscle and catch up some lagging bodyparts. I hit everybody part except chest and traps once per week and chest/traps get 2x. In addition to the weights, I do a bootcamp class 4x per week and I will be adding in extra cardio (30 min) at night, at home, on a stationary bike. Grinding.....

I am debating on whether or not to throw in Versa-1/Agmatine for the last 4 weeks before the show. I am about a week off of an 8 week PR-XT run (which I absolutely loved). I've read most of the Versa-1 logs from the alpha-test and was intrigued enough to snatch up the IC release offer. If anyone has any thoughts/opinions about adding this in, feel free to chime in.

Current weight last night was 197. Here are some starting pics from a couple days ago:
sat (1).jpg
sat (2).jpg
sat (3).jpg
sat (4).jpg

First dose of Hyper T2 was this morning, prior to a bootcamp class. Within 15 minutes, I noticed the raspberry flavored burps that BigRigg mentioned in his log. The ketones are definitely in there. Better than fish burps from fish oil! Nothing much to report beyond that for now.

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
not bad for a 22-25 year old...outstanding for a 42 year old, imo.

show em how it's done old school, slim!!!
Thanks man! I'm not sure what happened with the age when I initially signed up on AM, but I'm actually 37...not 42. Not sure how 42 ended up there but....my forties are just around the corner. I plan on looking exactly the same when I'm 42 so it's all good either way.

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
All is good on Day 1. I hit my bootcamp workout this morning (plyos, Crosscore exercises, kettlebells, RIP trainer) and just finished up with an extra 30 minutes on the bike tonight. No effects from the Hyper T2 to report so far. I didn't feel any difference during my workout. I'll be looking to report on any changes I feel that I can attribute to the Hyper T2. I'm sure it will take a few days to kick in but I'm keeping in tune right from the start. Diet was perfect today. Finished at 2807 calories...282g carbs, 276g protein, and 76g fat. I will plug my arm band in first thing tomorrow morning and see how the calorie expenditure for the day was. I was already at 1467 calories burned at 9:42 a.m., due in large part to the bootcamp workout.

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
Started off day 2 with an hour on the elliptical. My day is chock full of family outings so my only other exercise thought is to do about 15-20 minutes of ab work tonight after the kids are in bed and another quick 30 minutes on the bike. Took 1 cap of Hyper T2 this morning with breakfast...after the cardio.

As for the calorie burn yesterday, I have to say that I am impressed by the number. We will have to look at it over the next 7 days and compare to see if I can really attribute the increase in number to Hyper T2 but it is starting off solid! Here is the graph from yesterday:
feb9.png
3667 calories burned yesterday. So far, that's about a 500 calorie increase from the 7 day average I took from OCtober of last year. Now, this week will really tell the story. When I get back to work this week, and I'm forced to sit in my car for 6-8 hours during the day...that will be the real test to see if Hyper T2 is increasing my BMR and helping burn more calories throughout the day. Looking forward to seeing how that pans out.

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
THANK YOU for letting me know its up.

GOOD LUCK with your prep,have fun,be ready to sweat ;)

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
Into day 3 and everything is continuing well. Yesterday's diet breakdown looked like this: 2899 cals, 281g carbs, 270g protein, 84g fat. Here is the calories expenditure report from yesterday as well:
210.png
3544 calories burned yesterday! Well above the average from October. I finished at total of 1.5 hours of cardio yesterday, between the hour in the morning and 30 minutes at night. So far, I can't report any "feeling" attributed to the Hyper T2...I am not noticing any increase in body temp throughout the day and no increased sweating, either at rest or during workouts. However, the calorie burn numbers don't lie and the last 2 days have been well above the 7 day average I took from October. I'm back to work tomorrow and I am very anxious to see how the Hyper T2 affects my calorie burn during a full work week. That'll be the real test!

I went to Bootcamp this morning and my plan is to get into the gym this evening for a chest/traps lift. I will throw those numbers up tonight.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you noticing any increased appetite...the increased thermo/fatburning really put my appetite in another gear.

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
you noticing any increased appetite...the increased thermo/fatburning really put my appetite in another gear.
No increase in appetite at all yet. I've been able to stay really steady with my set number of cals per day...but it is only Day 3. I will report on any appetite changes if they occur.

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
Was only able to get in chest tonight at the gym. Time was cut short shuttling kids to karate and cheerleading practice.

Smith Machine Incline Press:
135x15
185x8
155x10
155x10
155x10

Pec-Dec:
120x15
130x12
140x10
140x10
120x12

Hammerstrength Decline Press:
165x12
165x12
165x10
165x10

Since I normally lift at 6am, I was not prepared for walking into the gym at 6pm and seeing nearly every single piece of equipment taken. That was complete nonsense. I literally had to take wahtever piece of chest equipment was not being used at the time. Back to 6am tomorrow. *Back and shoulders*

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
HyperT2 & versa should be an amazing tack. Two of my favorite supplements!
I'm really leaning towards putting this stack together next week (along with the Agmatine). I'm still planning to keep my volume higher than normal for the next month and then backing it down with about 3 weeks until the show. I'm thinking the Versa might really allow me to gain a little muscle while the Hyper T2 keeps blasting away at what's left of the fat. I think it needs to be done....

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
Just as a note for today: I was at the grocery store today during the afternoon and while I was wearing a jacket, I began to get very hot while walking around the store. It was a slightly uncomfortable hot and I'm not sure if it was attributed to wearing a coat indoors or not. I don't normally take my coat off while shopping at the store...especially when its only 40 degrees outside. I will continue to monitor the body temp reactions and see if it becomes something I can attribute more directly to the Hyper T2.

Weight tonight was 193. I do tend to fluctuate quite a bit with my nighttime weight. That number is 4 pounds less than Friday night. I'll be taking some pics tomorrow morning, pre-workout. I should have those up tomorrow night.

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep up posted on your temp. It is most likely from the T2. Unless your were power shopping ? Like that old game show they use to race around the store with the carts.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Keep up posted on your temp. It is most likely from the T2. Unless your were power shopping ? Like that old game show they use to race around the store with the carts.
wasn't that show in the 50's lol.....

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
feb11.png
Another solid day!! 3605 calories burned yesterday. Feeling real good. I haven't noticed any of the increased body temp from yesterday. I'll keep an eye on that as I continue along.
I just finished up 30 minutes on the bike and hit the gym early this morning.
today.png
Got a good lift in for back, traps, and threw in 4 sets of shoulders. We were there for about an hour and fifteen minutes and I was completely spent after the military press.
Toady at work was a complete day of sitting around so I will be very curious to see how the calorie burn looks. These next couple days at work should tell the tale as far as any change to RMR.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I remember that show!! That show was great...everyone always made a beeline straight for the frozen meat and baby diapers!!
yup....damn diapers will kill ya!!!

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
The sweat floodgates really opened up today! A hard hour of Bootcamp this morning left me soaked completely through 2 shirts! I also felt a couple (2) brief periods today of elevated body temp...the feeling lasts for about 10 minutes or so. I rode the bike for another 30 minutes tonight. My diet has been spot on....today was just over 2900 calories, 280g carbs, 280g protein, 78g fat.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
looks like it is working it's magic...

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
feb13.png
3342 calories burned yesterday. Another pretty good day considering the bulk of my work day was spent sitting! It's easy to see that this 7 day calorie burn average is going to blow away the 7 day average from October. I know I have done some hard work over the past 3 1/2 months with the increased lifting volume and my best, realistic guess is that I have put on around 2-3 solid pounds in that time. That extra muscle is helping with some of those extra caloris being burned but I also think that the Hyper T2 is playing a solid role in those numbers.

The past 2 Bootcamp workouts have come with alot more sweat than usual. Also, I am experiencing these breif peroids throughout the day of increased body temperature. Almost like what I would think a "hot flash" for women would feel like. The sensation only lasts about 5 minutes or so but the episode is dinstinct and noticeable. I can remember 2 such episodes today.

Besides those 2 noticeable effects, I feel normal and good. My energy levels are right where they have always been and there is no effect as far as my weight workouts go. My weight last night was 193.5 and I'm going to the scale as we speak to see what tonight looks like. Standby.....197. I fluctuate so much during the day that I'm going to abandon the nightly weigh-ins. I'll start hitting the scale first thing in the mornings to see if I can get a more acurate, steady number to chart my progress. I am continuing to lean down though so the mirror is telling me all the right things. I will get some week 1 pics up this weekend!

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
Weekend Update: Today marks the end of week #1 with Hyper T2 and 6 weeks to go until the show. I'm right on track where I need to be. I'm leaning down day after day....it's funny because I notice that I lean out from the top of my abs, down. That's probably the same for most guys but I can really track where I'm at in the process by the ab definition. Anyways....my weight this morning was 191. That is the same as it was 2 days ago, so the morning weight really is my best measuring stick.

My calorie expenditure, day to day, continues to exceed what it was back in October. Here are the last 2 days:
feb14.png
feb15.png

I'll run the average number after today but it looks to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 3400 calories. That would be more than a 200 calorie/day increase over the average from October.
I continue to experience the mini hot-flashes throughout the day from Hyper T2. Again, they aren't very long in duration...maybe 5 minutes or so and they aren't really uncomfortable. They are very noticeable though and They'll hit whenever, without regard to my activity level or surroundings. I've felt the body temp increase just sitting at a desk, typing. They really make me take notice and signal that Hyper T2 is doing "something"!
Week 1 Progress pics:
11111.jpg
111111.jpg

The definition is slowly working its way down the midsection. As always, the lower abs/obliques area is the last to show through. But for 6 weeks out, I think I'm right on track to come in as lean as ever.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
gettin er done, slim!!!

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
So... I tallied up my 7 day average calorie expenditure numbers from the last week: 3460 calories per day. That number is in direct comparison to the 7 day average from October 2012, which was: 3170 calories per day. That gives me a full 290 calorie per day increase in expenditure over where I was 4 months ago. Most of the variables were the same as well...typical work week, typical diet, typical workouts, etc. The 2 main differences between now and then is the addition of Hyper T2 and the fact that I am, conservatively, 2-3 muscles pounds heavier. Wherever we want to place, all/most/some of the credit, those are the two different factors. Maybe in a couple months, after the run of Hyper T2 is over, I'll do another 7 day average for comparison, but for now, I'm giving some of the kudos to Hyper T2 for raising up my RMR and helping to burn extra calories per day!! Look at it this way...if the Hyper T2 is responsible for only and extra 100 cals per day, over a 7 week run that totals 4900 calories which is well over a pound of fat. Who wouldn't take an extra pound to pound and a half of fat gone in 7 weeks (At a minimum!)?? Especially when you're in show prep and every last ounce of fat you can shed can make all the difference.

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
Terribly sorry to everyone for the lack of updates over the past 12 days. I was out of town for about 9 of those days and between thay and family stuff from sun-up to sun-down, finding any time at all to log was next to impossible. My schedule is back to normal now and my goal is to log daily from now to the contest. Yesterday marked the 4-week out mark so this is really the home stretch. I was able to snap a quick progress pic yesterday morning:
20130302_053340.jpg
There isn't much left but water. My weight is really holding strong...last night's weight was 195.5 and this morning was 194. This is awesome because those numbers are really proving that I built some nice, quality muscle over the past 4 months. I am being kicked off my computer...again...so I will update about my workouts and diet later tonight. Also, I've made a few changes to my supplementation I'll go into but the Hyper-T2 is still strong!!

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
I haven't changed much, if anything, in regards to my diet. I've been keeping my calories anywhere from 2800-3000 per day, focuing on getting in at least 40-45% protein. As a matter of regular habit now, my macros run around 300g protein, 250-275g carbs, and 60-90g fat a day. I'm able to eat pretty much the same meals every day so maintaining a decent consistency is easier for me.

My workouts are pretty much status quo as well. Bootcamp is 4 days a week (M,W,TH,F). A solid hour of kettlebells, ropes, TRX, plyos, medicine balls, sleds, etc. I'm still getting good lifting sessions in as well, at least 4 a week. I always hit chest and traps twice, usually Sunday and Thursday, Back on Monday nights, Arms and Shoulders on Thursdays and Legs on Saturday.

The biggest change has come in my supplementation. Along with continuing the Hyper T2, I've added in Versa-1 and one of my all-time favorites, Triazole. I really wanted to boost my test up and have a chance to continue to gain muscle, or at the very least, preserve every last ounce of it while I am slowly cutting away the fat to contest date. Everything is moving in the right direction. The mirror is telling me that I am leaning down week by week and the scale is actually staying steady, if not moving up by a pound or two. For contest prep, the mirror is the final judge and I feel like I'm on a good track.

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
Thanks. My goal is to hit the stage at 4% or below. Easier said than done. I'm going to have my bodyfat done tomorrow morning to see what kind of work I have left to do this month!

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
Nice Bootcamp workout this morning. The results of my bodyfat test this morning put me at 5.4%. That gives me 4 weeks to shave of at least 1.4% bodyfat to hit the goal number of 4%. Based on my weight, I'm looking at needing to lose 3 pounds of fat. Everything is going to have be super-tight this last month. Cardio is going to 90 minutes a day at minimum. The plan for tonight is to sneak into the gym and knock out a good back lift and another 30-45 min of cardio. This ish just got serious....

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
Today is a cardio only day. I finished a solid hour this morning before work and I'm getting ready to knock out another 30-45 on the bike in the living room. Diet today was perfect...290g carbs, 290g pro, 70g fat. Tomorrow morning is Bootcamp first thing and then I will try and squeeze in arms and/or shoulders sometime in the evening.

Weight this morning was 193.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Subbed,great physique already and nice work so far!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today is a cardio only day. I finished a solid hour this morning before work and I'm getting ready to knock out another 30-45 on the bike in the living room. Diet today was perfect...290g carbs, 290g pro, 70g fat. Tomorrow morning is Bootcamp first thing and then I will try and squeeze in arms and/or shoulders sometime in the evening.

Weight this morning was 193.
do you have a target weight?

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
In a perfect world, I would keep myself at 193-194. More realistically though, I would be pleased with ending up at 191 pounds and 4%. 191 pounds would give me 3 pound muscle increase since last November.

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
Whew! Finally done! I really need to apologize for being so lax with my log...I really meant to keep it up on a near daily basis but between work, family, diet, working out, etc...I barely felt like I got enough time to sleep, let alone log. But, here it is, the dramatic conclusion.

The 2013 Vancouver Tanji Johnson classic wrapped up last night and I am very pleased to report that I took 1st place in my Men's Physique Division. The competition was extremely tough...there were 18 guys in my class...many who were 10-15 years younger than I am. But I think the added muscle over the past 5 months really helped me, even though I was not as lean as I was for the November 2012 show. Here are some show pics from yesterday:
show.jpg
show2.jpg
show3.jpg

The preparation for this show was tough and I want to give an extra special thanks to everybody at Lecheek for allowing me the privilege of running Oxy ECA Black and Hyper T2 in order to get ready for this show! Your products are awesome and it was a joy to use them!

My stats ended up looking like this: Weight the morning of the show 191. Final bodyfat the Wednesday before the show was just over 6%. So, comparitively, my body fat was up about 3-4 pounds from November but my lean mass was also up 4 pounds...accounting for the 8 pound increase. My goal now is to shave off that extra 3-4 pounds of fat over the next 5 weeks and retain the muscle gains. If I can bring all the same lean mass to the next show but at 4% instead of 6%, I'm going to very happy with that!!

Couple last pics just to end the log right: Pic of the trophy and the morning after pic (after eating a whole pizza, bowl of ice cream, assorted Easter Candy)
20130330_213423.jpg
20130331_071956.jpg

Thanks to all who followed along with me on this journey. Good luck to all of you who will be competing somewhere this year! The acheivement is in the process, not the stage result! Remember that :)

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work and congrats on the win. We totally understand with the contest prep man no worries ;)