Nads Px Black fat attack from Finaflex

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Finaflex and Reps for this chance to try your new product. I have been running the original formula up till last Friday. So I'm going to try and keep everything else as much the same as possible for comparison sake. So to that end I'm going to stay on Daa and Forma. Other than that the only thing I'm on is the basics. Fish oil prework out and Creatrona.

I started my first dose Monday morning. I thought that I'd start out with just one pill in the morning. I got the same nice clean energy I'd been getting with the original. So I decided to take a second dose about 2 hrs later. It didn't take more then a few minutes before I new it was more than I needed. I should add that this was around the same time that I have my morning cup of green tea. So since then I switched to one dose at 6:30 and a second at 12:30-1:00. I fined that is all I really need to give me energy and appetite suppression. I have had to keep track of my meals because one day I actually skipped lunch and didn't even realize it. I haven't gotten a chance to hit the gym except on Monday and tonight. But I was able to add a prework out at 5ish with out it being to much. So atleast for now I'm good at 2 a day and loving the energy and appetite suppression.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2nd again :(

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I got a full body workout in on Friday just tried to hit everything since I missed most of the week. Afterward I weighted in at 203lbs I was shocked that's about 5 lbs more than I was thinking but I haven't weighted my self for awhile. Hope that means I've got more muscle than I thought not fat. Lol. On Sunday I did 5 miles on trails. It was mostly slush from the melting snow so I couldn't really do any jogging more like a fast walk. After I got home I started to get pains in my right knee where I tore a tendon about 16 yrs ago. Today it WS still sore but not as bad ill just have to take it easy for awhile. Getting ready to hit the gym. I'll update when i get back

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
This was today's workout I thought it went well I got up at 4 to be at work 2 hrs early. Took my regular doses of Px Black first dose was just earlier then normal. So having a good workout was nice after a 10.5 hr day.

Warmup
Bench 180 3x12
Inclined fly 35 3x14
Bb row 145 3x10
1 arm bent over cable row 60 2x12
Leaning lateral raise 15 8x2
Lite cardio

the real surprise is when I stepped on the scales 205. I really need to get my diet back on track again. It's not that bad I've just been getting to many carbs. Lately I've been on more of a bulk than cut.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just don't let the scales be your only gauge.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I am all about the mirror. Scales mean very little to me.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I am all about the mirror. Scales mean very little to me.
I agree I was just surprised. I don't even check my weigh very often.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Well today workout kicked my butt. It's been along time since I did this kind of volume on squats.

Clean to press 145 x5
Arnold press 35 3x12
Squat 150 4x12
Lunges 35 DB 3x6
Leg lift
Cool down

i'd like to get everyone opinion. I have been considering trying the lean gains method or I.F. It kind of goes against what I've ever done before.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well today workout kicked my butt. It's been along time since I did this kind of volume on squats.

Clean to press 145 x5
Arnold press 35 3x12
Squat 150 4x12
Lunges 35 DB 3x6
Leg lift
Cool down

i'd like to get everyone opinion. I have been considering trying the lean gains method or I.F. It kind of goes against what I've ever done before.
What is your body type, Steve doesn't like and I do but only for certain body types.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
DW nailed my feelings on this one..not a fan myself, would never implement or advise that approach
that said - as long as you understand the protocol and execute properly, you should be able to make it work
a great many options can be valid imo, as long as the execution is proper

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
What is your body type, Steve doesn't like and I do but only for certain body types.
I've always had a hard time putting myself in a category but body building. Com's quiz rate me between an endo and meso. Don't know if that helps

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I've always had a hard time putting myself in a category but body building. Com's quiz rate me between an endo and meso. Don't know if that helps
You got your Nadegory. Snags in his Snagegory. My Mattegory is all effed up.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
DW is def the guy to ask about Lean gains.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok that depends on how close your are to a meso, Snags is very close to meso in my opinion and I would not think this style would be great for him, besides he has something that works. If you can eat like 4000 cals a day an not gain too much fat then you would not to well in a protocol that demands you eat everything in a shorter period. It's just common sense. If gaining fat is a problem using more traditional methods then you may be a good candidate. Endo's are he most efficient body type when taking in nutrients and with today's horn of plenty it's more difficult for us. We can use low calories and still gain mass.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Ok that depends on how close your are to a meso, Snags is very close to meso in my opinion and I would not think this style would be great for him, besides he has something that works. If you can eat like 4000 cals a day an not gain too much fat then you would not to well in a protocol that demands you eat everything in a shorter period. It's just common sense. If gaining fat is a problem using more traditional methods then you may be a good candidate. Endo's are he most efficient body type when taking in nutrients and with today's horn of plenty it's more difficult for us. We can use low calories and still gain mass.
Good advice as always Doug thanks. I think I'll keep researching and hold off on trying this at least for a couple weeks.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me it was obvious as I always had trouble keeping fat off. I don't any more.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
It seems to me I don't really gain fat easier than most I just don't lose it very well. U can go on a bulk and put on a couple pounds of muscle without much fat gain. But if I try to lose fat I just lose muscle atleast on a 50/50 bases. That's why I'm staying on Daa while trying to cut.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried Leangains/IF for about three weeks. I just couldnt do it at all. But it works very well for some and it just comes down to what works best for you, your schedule, and your body.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
It seems to me I don't really gain fat easier than most I just don't lose it very well...if I try to lose fat I just lose muscle atleast on a 50/50 bases.
the cause here could be simply in your protocol
easy enough to troubleshoot..has nothing to do with "bodytype" at all

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It seems to me I don't really gain fat easier than most I just don't lose it very well. U can go on a bulk and put on a couple pounds of muscle without much fat gain. But if I try to lose fat I just lose muscle atleast on a 50/50 bases. That's why I'm staying on Daa while trying to cut.
Are you starting your calories out to low in the beginning?

Have you possibly thought about adding in a intraworkout carb and amino drink?

Timing my carbs for me has done wonders..

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
the cause here could be simply in your protocol
easy enough to troubleshoot..has nothing to do with "bodytype" at all
For me when I try to lean out. What I found works the best is going low carb, upping my cardio and adding in a fat burner. If I cut back on my calorie too much than I feel like I'm drugged and can't function. For some reason this isn't nearly as bad if I skip breakfast in the morning then if I try to go with a lite lunch or dinner.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
For me when I try to lean out. What I found works the best is going low carb, upping my cardio and adding in a fat burner. If I cut back on my calorie too much than I feel like I'm drugged and can't function. For some reason this isn't nearly as bad if I skip breakfast in the morning then if I try to go with a lite lunch or dinner.
yes..you do not want to cut caloric intake to ridiculously small levels in an effort to cut..this is prime recipe for muscle loss..nor do you want to skip meals
the idea is an overall caloric deficit, spread evenly thruout the day..portion control being paramount imo
then, we narrow down the macros: low carbs, moderate fats and high protein is a nice generalized approach (mine as well)
further - from there, we narrow down the micronutrient construction of those macros, utilizing solid sources of good fats, lean sources of protein, and complex carbs majority (ie elimination of sugars & simple carbs)..
after that, it is simply a matter of keeping up with metabolic changes, ie whacking a set amount of cals off the daily total intake (100cals after a week goes by when you notice fat-loss begin to stall; another 100 per day when the fat-loss appears to stall again, etc), as the body gets used to the steady restrictive fare that we are exposing it to

small incremental changes, and an eye on what we are consuming, is the secret to retaining muscle and targeting fat when dieting

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Are you starting your calories out to low in the beginning? Have you possibly thought about adding in a intraworkout carb and amino drink? Timing my carbs for me has done wonders..
I often add in some Bcaa intra workout but never did much with carb timing. Other than trying to get the bulk of my daily carb post workout.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
yes..you do not want to cut caloric intake to ridiculously small levels in an effort to cut..this is prime recipe for muscle loss..nor do you want to skip meals
the idea is an overall caloric deficit, spread evenly thruout the day..portion control being paramount imo
then, we narrow down the macros: low carbs, moderate fats and high protein is a nice generalized approach (mine as well)
further - from there, we narrow down the micronutrient construction of those macros, utilizing solid sources of good fats, lean sources of protein, and complex carbs majority (ie elimination of sugars & simple carbs)..
after that, it is simply a matter of keeping up with metabolic changes, ie whacking a set amount of cals off the daily total intake (100cals after a week goes by when you notice fat-loss begin to stall; another 100 per day when the fat-loss appears to stall again, etc), as the body gets used to the steady restrictive fare that we are exposing it to

small incremental changes, and an eye on what we are consuming, is the secret to retaining muscle and targeting fat when dieting
Thanks for the good advice everyone. There's no doubt that I need to take better control of my diet. I've already cut out almost all sugar. My wife cooks all my meals and even packs my lunch for work. Most of the time she is good about doing what I ask if she gets busy then she'll throw in about anything.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Here's today's workout

Pull ups 3x7
Db curl 35 3x8
Bb curls 50 3x8
Tricep pull down 100 3x12
Skull crusher 85 3x12
Lat pull down 3x12 130
Heavy bag cardio

ive had trouble getting in my cardio lately. The weather has been to lousy to jog and they have canceled my Friday night basketball game. So decide to rehang my punching bag it's been years since I used it before today.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most of my cardio is embedded in my lifestyle. I walk a lot in my daily life and only need to add cardio in critical times.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Most of my cardio is embedded in my lifestyle. I walk a lot in my daily life and only need to add cardio in critical times.
I've been thinking a lot on basically that. I just changed jobs in January and I'm way less active at work now. I went from being on the floor 95% of the time. To being at a desk or in a meeting 90% of the time and I haven't really done much to compensate for it in my diet and activity at home.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been thinking a lot on basically that. I just changed jobs in January and I'm way less active at work now. I went from being on the floor 95% of the time. To being at a desk or in a meeting 90% of the time and I haven't really done much to compensate for it in my diet and activity at home.
I live 5k away from work and I love to walk. Walking is great for bodybuilders in my opinion, it is one of the least catabolic exercises I have done.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Today I had another good workout. I started going to 3 pills a day for the last week. Now that I've started to adjust I find that if I spread the does out thru the day I get nice even energy.

Today's workout:

Warm up
Bench 185 3x8
Incline fly 45 3x10
Bb row 145 3x10
seated cable row 120 2x10
Leaning lateral raise 15 2x8
Cardio

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout man. Glad to hear you figured out the right dosing schedule for you.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout man. Glad to hear you figured out the right dosing schedule for you.
Thanks I still get a warm feeling in my face. But now I don't feel like I can't stay in my chair at work. Lol

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah you want to be moving around with all the energy. Just work so hard at the gym you can hardly move.. problem solved :)

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I'm starting to see some results. My upper abs are starting to show. I still have a ways before the lower ones are visible. Funny thing is the scale hasn't really changed still says 203-204. My jeans are starting to get looser in the waste and tighter in the thighs. I have the next 8 plus week scheduled for a recomp/cut. So I'm fine with losing fat slower if I can still make some gains.

Yesterday's work out:
Cardio warm up
Clean to press 145 2x3
Arnold press 45 3x9
Squat 155 4x12
Ham string curls 3x8
Incline crunch 25 3x15
Cardio
It's been a long time since I did this much volume on my squats. Feels like a light weight but its kicking my butt by the end.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't always lose off the scale, you can eat really close to maintenance and lose fat and stay the same weight or even gain on the same cals when using anabolics. Some of us can anyway. It's a good way for me to ensure the mass I add is of the highest quality.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
You don't always lose off the scale, you can eat really close to maintenance and lose fat and stay the same weight or even gain on the same cals
is the best way to go ;)
requires a little more structure in diet, and patience, but - yeah, always my preference
replacing fat with muscle instead = priceless

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is the best way to go ;)
requires a little more structure in diet, and patience, but - yeah, always my preference
Indeed you need to be in decent shape year round though and thi is the first year I have done that.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
is the best way to go ;)
I have plenty of time before I really worried about being cut. So I'm happy to take it slow. I've really been trying to find a way to explain how the new Px Black compares to the original. So here goes both seem to work well and give good energy and appetite suppression. The Black is stronger I've made better progress and feel more of a thermogenic feeling. I like them both the original was less sensitive to doseing times at least for me. The black I need to make sure I take plenty of time between and get it in atleast 6 hrs before bed time. Right now I'm just over half way thru my run looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish in next few weeks.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Good comparison. The original was stronger in a stim sense for me, but I think that black is targeting the fat burning pathway better. Which is perfect for me. The original felt a little too strong in the stim dept for me sometimes. That dmaa always got me, sometimes in a good way, sometimes not.. but the new version is just pure smooth awesome stim.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The two stims are similar but the old was stronger and the new smoother yes.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
The two stims are similar but the old was stronger and the new smoother yes.
See to me it feels like the new one has a stronger stim. It think its just how I react to the yohimbine.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
See to me it feels like the new one has a stronger stim. It think its just how I react to the yohimbine.
Could be you react strongly to PEA as well there are times when the new does seem fairly strong to me as well. I have to get really good sleep to feel the full effect of the new where the old can pick me up better from a night with not so good sleep. That might sound a little strange I know.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
After a good night's sleep I def notice a better pickup from the black.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I played basketball last night. 2 hrs of full court against a bunch of guys 10 yrs younger than me is a good reminder. Of how much more work I need to do to truly be in good shape. Lol

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah it's more work as you get older, and you have to work smarter...

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Didn't feel well this weekend so I didn't do my regular arm workout until today.
Pull up 3x7
Db curl 45 3x6
Db curl 25 2x12
Tricep pull down 110 3x12
Skull crusher 85 3x11
Lat pull down 135 3x12
Cardio
Didn't push it to hard today. Since I haven't been feeling well.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes it seems like the harder it is for me to get my but to the gym the more I end up pushing myself. I'm pretty pleased with today workout. I took my last dose of Px Black later then usual and exercised earlier. Normally there is about a 3 hr gap between and today there was only about 1.5 hrs.

Cardio warm up
Clean to press 145 3x3
Arnold press 45 3x9
Squat 185 4x10
Straight leg deads 200 2x7
Leg raises
Cardio

I even spent more time on my post cardio then usual. Right now I just laying in bed with no electric and its only 64 deg. In my house. 1.5 hr after my workout and I still feel like sweating.