NLA Hers Blog

mrsdouble

Awards
Hello everyone

This is my first time doing a log. Last time I did this was for an EAS Body for Life contest.
I am 38 yrs old, married, mother of 2. I try to exercise 3-4 days a week, combination of treadmill and free weights and machines.
I generally walk on the treadmill in the morning on an empty stomach and sometimes do weight training right after or later in the day.
I try to eat 4-5 smaller meals, lots of fruit, leafy vegetables, meat and some heavy carbs (breads, etc)
Monday Morning:
Upon waking up I took 2 Shred Hers and maybe half an hour later I walked for approximately 30 minutes 3 ½ mph.. To be honest I didn’t really feel much. I am Colombian and have a high tolerance to caffeine. As my husband says I can drink a full pot of coffee right before bed and fall asleep 20 minutes later. Didn’t have a chance to work out.

Tuesday Morning:
I took 2 Shred Hers and didn’t realize, but also had a 12 oz cup of black coffee. This seemed to do the trick. I walked for 30 minutes and was sweating a lot.
At 4:00 I went to the gym and my Husband suggested I mix a scoop of Hers Aminos. Unfortunately I had a tough time drinking it as tasted a lot like Miralax.I did add some kool aid. I am going to have to Dr this up, maybe add some crystal light next time.Aside from the taste, I didn’t feel as sluggish during my workout.
I trained shoulders 4 sets each of side dumb bell raise, front raises, upright rows and shrugs.
Wednesday
I did the same as Tuesday, 2 shred and a large cup of black coffee again sweated a lot on the treadmill, 30 minutes.
Tonight I did a chest workout with my husband, no products though.
4 sets of bar bench press, flat, 4 sets of inclined and 4 sets of dumb bell flyes.
Thank you.

msrider

msrider

Awards
Hello everyone

This is my first time doing a log. Last time I did this was for an EAS Body for Life contest.
I am 38 yrs old, married, mother of 2. I try to exercise 3-4 days a week, combination of treadmill and free weights and machines.
I generally walk on the treadmill in the morning on an empty stomach and sometimes do weight training right after or later in the day.
I try to eat 4-5 smaller meals, lots of fruit, leafy vegetables, meat and some heavy carbs (breads, etc)
Monday Morning:
Upon waking up I took 2 Shred Hers and maybe half an hour later I walked for approximately 30 minutes 3 ½ mph.. To be honest I didn’t really feel much. I am Colombian and have a high tolerance to caffeine. As my husband says I can drink a full pot of coffee right before bed and fall asleep 20 minutes later. Didn’t have a chance to work out.

Tuesday Morning:
I took 2 Shred Hers and didn’t realize, but also had a 12 oz cup of black coffee. This seemed to do the trick. I walked for 30 minutes and was sweating a lot.
At 4:00 I went to the gym and my Husband suggested I mix a scoop of Hers Aminos. Unfortunately I had a tough time drinking it as tasted a lot like Miralax.I did add some kool aid. I am going to have to Dr this up, maybe add some crystal light next time.Aside from the taste, I didn’t feel as sluggish during my workout.
I trained shoulders 4 sets each of side dumb bell raise, front raises, upright rows and shrugs.
Wednesday
I did the same as Tuesday, 2 shred and a large cup of black coffee again sweated a lot on the treadmill, 30 minutes.
Tonight I did a chest workout with my husband, no products though.
4 sets of bar bench press, flat, 4 sets of inclined and 4 sets of dumb bell flyes.
Thank you.
Subbed! Looks like you've had some great workouts. How much water were you adding to the amino's. I couldn't imagine you having a problem with the taste. Then again everyone is diff.

What all suppliments did you receive? I didn't realize we were a bit limited on protein, did you receive Her Whey? None the less Great start to a great log. Look forward to following :)

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Some quality reviewing here!

mrsdouble

Awards
Hi there,

I did receive all 4 products. Yesterday I had a scoop of the Protein with plain almond milk, very good and creamy. Didn't leave an after taste like some of my husband's protein.

Because I only have a few posts, I can not provide the link in the other group.

msrider

msrider

Awards
Hi there,

I did receive all 4 products. Yesterday I had a scoop of the Protein with plain almond milk, very good and creamy. Didn't leave an after taste like some of my husband's protein.

Because I only have a few posts, I can not provide the link in the other group.
Awesome! The protein is so delic exspecialy with almond milk.
I will post your link for you :) I sometimes forget about that rule.

mrsdouble

Awards
Hello everyone,

Trying to keep up with small updates. I live in Mass and because of the snow I decided to skip my morning treadmill in-lieu of some snow shoveling. 27 inches to be exact. I had a cup of coffee, 2 fat burners and an hour and a half later, I am seriously sweating and it is in the teens. I have to admit, with the fat burner and a cup of coffee.....fantastic.

Enjoy your weekend.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hello everyone,

Trying to keep up with small updates. I live in Mass and because of the snow I decided to skip my morning treadmill in-lieu of some snow shoveling. 27 inches to be exact. I had a cup of coffee, 2 fat burners and an hour and a half later, I am seriously sweating and it is in the teens. I have to admit, with the fat burner and a cup of coffee.....fantastic.

Enjoy your weekend.
shoveling snow beats treadmil for a cardio workout anyday, lol!!!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good full-body workout: shoveling and throwing snow!

msrider

msrider

Awards
Hello everyone,

Enjoy your weekend.
So I've heard shoveling snow is the best cardio :) Big T told me so haha 27" of snow is crazy. I'm glad the fat burner is working for ya. Have a great weekend.

mrsdouble

Awards
This morning I walked 25 minutes taking a cup of coffee and 2 shred Hers. Followed up with one scoop of Her Whey and Almond Milk. Dropped my kids off at a friends house and shovelled some more.

Unfortunately I won't be hitting the weights today but had 2 good workouts.

I still need to try the uplift.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This morning I walked 25 minutes taking a cup of coffee and 2 shred Hers. Followed up with one scoop of Her Whey and Almond Milk. Dropped my kids off at a friends house and shovelled some more.

shred for her sounds interesting, kinda surprised there is no fatburner on the men's side!!!

yeah, shane...that was a hint, lol.

msrider

msrider

Awards

Can't wait for ya to try Uplift :) Sounds like its a Blizard there with all the snow shoveling your doing for cardio.

msrider

msrider

Awards
shred for her sounds interesting, kinda surprised there is no fatburner on the men's side!!!

yeah, shane...that was a hint, lol.
Haha! ;) New that was intended to me. I would think this would be in the mix as you've stated it has a great profile so this wouldn't be difficult to formulate to the men. I know we have other products coming in future I bet it might be a fatburner. I will see if there's any new insight there brother haha

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha! ;) New that was intended to me. I would think this would be in the mix as you've stated it has a great profile so this wouldn't be difficult to formulate to the men. I know we have other products coming in future I bet it might be a fatburner. I will see if there's any new insight there brother haha
The chef's are always cooking

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i haven't been disappointed by any nla product, keep them coming!!!

mrsdouble

Awards
Tuesday:
My now typical cup of coffee, 2 shred and 30 minutes of Cardio- fantastic.
Since I knew I was going to the gym that afternoon my husband left out the uplift and her aminos for a workout. Well unfortunately since I was rushed with the kids I forgot to take the mix before working out but I did have a good workout though working out back.
4 sets of seated rows, 4 sets of lat pulldown and 4 sets of dumb bell row.

Wednesday
I decided to forgo my morning treadmill work and use my husband’s workout equipment. He was nice enough to to mix up both Her Aminos and Uplift but unfortunately I can’t get past the taste of the Aminos. I am sure it is a good product but it reminds me so much of a laxative my mom used to make me take as a little kid. In my Husband’s opinion it tastes like a lemon ice you would get from an ice cream truck.
So I mixed some Uplift and Water. Taste was ok, definitely more tolerable than the Aminos. Worked out my biceps.
4 sets of 21’s Curl Bar, 4 sets of bicep curls, 4 sets of hammer curls
My basement is generally very cold but I still managed to break a sweat with only using the uplift.

Thank you.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That really is strange, I havent heard one report of anyone else not loving the taste :( everyone is different though!

Uplift is some good stuff, try adding some ice to your shaker after you mix it. Maybe get even more of that lemon ice flavor your hubby mentioned!

as for me its time for Supp-D and a killer leg session!

msrider

msrider

Awards
Tuesday:
My now typical cup of coffee, 2 shred and 30 minutes of Cardio- fantastic.
Since I knew I was going to the gym that afternoon my husband left out the uplift and her aminos for a workout. Well unfortunately since I was rushed with the kids I forgot to take the mix before working out but I did have a good workout though working out back.
4 sets of seated rows, 4 sets of lat pulldown and 4 sets of dumb bell row.

Wednesday
I decided to forgo my morning treadmill work and use my husband's workout equipment. He was nice enough to to mix up both Her Aminos and Uplift but unfortunately I can't get past the taste of the Aminos. I am sure it is a good product but it reminds me so much of a laxative my mom used to make me take as a little kid. In my Husband's opinion it tastes like a lemon ice you would get from an ice cream truck.
So I mixed some Uplift and Water. Taste was ok, definitely more tolerable than the Aminos. Worked out my biceps.
4 sets of 21's Curl Bar, 4 sets of bicep curls, 4 sets of hammer curls
My basement is generally very cold but I still managed to break a sweat with only using the uplift.

Thank you.
How much water are you using with ur amino's?

mrsdouble

Awards
Mu apologies for the lack of updates, I have been exercising but with kids home on Winter break been hard to get on here. Luckily I have an app that has been keeping track of everything.

Friday the 15th, just cardio, 25 minutes on the treadmill, 2 shred hers and cup of coffee.

Monday 18th

Cardio same as Friday

Tuesday

Mixed both uplift, her aminos and some fruit punch crytal lite to mask the flavor but didn't turn out well. Perhaps it's the flavoring, not sure but just doesn't sit well with my palate. Mixed just uplift and crystal light which worked out ok.

Lat Pulldowns 4 sets, dumbell row 4 sets,4 sets reverse fly, 3 sets of hammer curls, 2 sets of 21

Weds

30 minutes of cardio with 2 shred hers

Pretty much every day I do have one scoop of Her Whey with unflavored almond milk.....again very tasty

One thing I have noticed is that days I use Shred Hers, I feel great on the Treadmill but about 6/7 o'clock I am prety much a zombie and crash. Not sure if anyone else feels this.

Kids back to school tomorrow and some normalcy back to my life.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am curious about what they changed in whey for her, that is different from recover-d.

i understand what it's like having kids home on break....chaos:fest30:lol

mrsdouble

Awards
i am curious about what they changed in whey for her, that is different from recover-d.

i understand what it's like having kids home on break....chaos:fest30:lol
My husband said both are the same as well as Uplift and Supp-D.

Had a good workout today. Had a shake 1 scoop of Her Whey and Almond Milk prior to working out. 2 Caps of Shred, 30 minutes of treadmill and then shoulder exercises

4 sets incline bench front shoulder raises, 4 sets of incline bench side raises and 4 sets of bar shrugs.

I have started to follow the Michael Thurman diet, no dairy, no processed foods, more meats, eggs, fruits and salads/ fibrous type veggies. Keeping my fingers crossed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Had a good workout today. Had a shake 1 scoop of Her Whey and Almond Milk prior to working out. 2 Caps of Shred, 30 minutes of treadmill and then shoulder exercises

4 sets incline bench front shoulder raises, 4 sets of incline bench side raises and 4 sets of bar shrugs.

I have started to follow the Michael Thurman diet, no dairy, no processed foods, more meats, eggs, fruits and salads/ fibrous type veggies. Keeping my fingers crossed.
good luck with the diet...

so..there is no difference between recover-d and her whey...and between uplift and supp-d?????

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uplift is a smaller scoop than Supp-D. I believe 3/4 of the size. If you look online you can see the difference in the weights of ingredients :)

msrider

msrider

Awards

Who is your Husband? There is a Big diff in Uplift and Supp-D. There is less BA and less Caffeine in Uplift than Supp-D. I have tried bothe and I like them bothe. I can get the same results using the uplift as I can with the Supp-D by just intaking more.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who is your Husband? There is a Big diff in Uplift and Supp-D. There is less BA and less Caffeine in Uplift than Supp-D. I have tried bothe and I like them bothe. I can get the same results using the uplift as I can with the Supp-D by just intaking more.
Agreed, different proportions related to weights of males vs females. It's a good formula just some tweaks to the amounts of some of the main ingredients. There could be a misprint on the labels as we had a couple small batches come out with some oopsies but if you go online you can see for yourself the real differences

msrider

msrider

Awards
good luck with the diet...

so..there is no difference between recover-d and her whey...and between uplift and supp-d?????
Big T, there's no diff in the womans protein. We just recommend they take 1 scoop per serving instead of 2. The suppd and uplift are much diff.

mrsdouble

Awards
So I am so sorry, last 2 weeks have derailed me between Winter Break and a personal affair last week.I have continued to walk quite frequently using Shred hers and also have at least one scoop of her whey with Almond milk almost daily.

Finally able to workout on Monday using a combo of uplift and large cup of black coffee. Good burning feeling although I am still iffy on the taste. I am sorry for being blunt but I know people look for honesty and truthfullness.

I was able to follow this with bicep curl (3 sets), tricep kickbacks (3 sets), 21's (3 sets) and overhead dumb bell extensions (3 sets), felt good.

Today 27 minutes of treadmill with shred hers.

mrsdouble

Awards
Hello everyone,

I want to say thank you to NLA for allowing me to try these products.

The bad, unfortunately I just could not get past the taste of the her aminos and uplift. I tried a few ounces of water, tried 16 oz and also tried it with other things like Crystal Lite. I have seen some other postings with positive reviews so I guess my palate is not where it should be.

The good,

Shred hers I really liked when taken with an extra cup of coffee. As mentioned, I drink alot of caffeine, it is in my Colombian blood but I definitely had a great sweat going.

Her Whey - great product as well. Taste is very good, can't comment on it with water but with natural or vanilla almond milk, really good. Will definitely be getting more of these 2 products.

Again thank you and I wish the company much success.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
we appreciate your honest feedback, stick around the boards :)

All the best,

Stephen