Formutech perform log

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
First off I want to thank formutech and cswalczakny for the oportunity to log perform

I received the tub on thurs and decided to start it yesterday
I'm 44 yrs old have been lifting since around 1986 and have tried just about everything out there.
I'm so glad that there is finally quality supplements out there to use compared to when I first started
Anyway I'm currently doing an every other day GVT training.
I'm taking condense and glycofuse 30 mins pre And i then drink iforce compete during. I plan on either taking PERFORM solo or combined with the compete.

So my initial reaction to the container was that it is very cool looking. One thing I found different was that they place a small sticker "seal" coming from the cover to the base container so obviously you can tell if the cover has been open. I'd like to see them run the label up over the cover with a perforated seam from the factory to ensure non tampering

When I removed the lid it does have the anti tamper white inner cover like all products however. The white powder inside had a nice melon smell and I could see the leucine crystals throughout I added one scoop to my 22oz shaker cup of water and watched in amazement how it turned a cool looking green. I know simple things lol it dissolved fairly quickly and didn't have any floaters

So I decided to not add the compete and drink it solo during my workout. The taste was good and I didn't really feel anything different the workout but I'm sure taking it continually I will

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In on this! Glad your initial impressions are good. IMO this is the best mixing best tasting bcaa out there

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
So I'm really only going to update on the days I work out to make it simpler.
I usually workout after work around 5pm and like I said earlier every other day ,which falls on today. However my gym closes at 5 pm on the weekends , which I'm not happy about ,so ill be there tomm

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I'm really only going to update on the days I work out to make it simpler.
I usually workout after work around 5pm and like I said earlier every other day ,which falls on today. However my gym closes at 5 pm on the weekends , which I'm not happy about ,so ill be there tomm
Cool. What are you working tomorrow?

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Ive been doing chest/bis -back/tris and all shoulders front rear sides and calves but I might switch it up and do back and rear delts - tonight. Then on wed chest/front shoulders then fri -arms and calves. I throw in a leg workout here and there. As well
Gym closing early kills me on the weekend and I'm not a morning lifter. My job schedule rotates 4 on 2 off so sometimes I work on the weekends.
I'm chopping at the bit to lift tonight.

I think I'm gonna mix the perform in with the compete tonight to see how it goes.

On a side note the DOMS aren't as bad today and hopefully it's because of taking the perform in last workout.

I think I'm gonna start taking it on my off days as well

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive been doing chest/bis -back/tris and all shoulders front rear sides and calves but I might switch it up and do back and rear delts - tonight. Then on wed chest/front shoulders then fri -arms and calves. I throw in a leg workout here and there. As well
Gym closing early kills me on the weekend and I'm not a morning lifter. My job schedule rotates 4 on 2 off so sometimes I work on the weekends.
I'm chopping at the bit to lift tonight.

I think I'm gonna mix the perform in with the compete tonight to see how it goes.

On a side note the DOMS aren't as bad today and hopefully it's because of taking the perform in last workout.

I think I'm gonna start taking it on my off days as well
That sounds like a lot to hit in one day, how long are your workouts?

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Sorry that's not all in one day man..... Let me clarify
Day one = chest /front delts
Day two =off
Day three = back / rear delts
Day four = off
Day five = arms / calves
Day six = off
Day seven start over or do legs

My workouts take about an hour. I do GVT with 30 sec rest

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
chest/bis -back/tris and all shoulders front rear sides and calves
the way this was worded made it seem like this was all in one day. I was thinking you're in there lifting for 4 hours. lol

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Sorry to confuse but I don't do that all in one day brother. I do the splits chest/fronts one day then day off then back /rears day off etc

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Back in my young buck days maybe 2-3 hrs but not know. Lol

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to confuse but I don't do that all in one day brother. I do the splits chest/fronts one day then day off then back /rears day off etc
Back in my young buck days maybe 2-3 hrs but not know. Lol
not a problem! I'm usually occupied for about 90 mins and when I'm done I feel like I've been through the wringer, I can't imagine doing 2-3 hours. lol

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Ok back and rear delts tonight

I took my pre workout and then mixed up the Perform with compete for intra support.
Deads 135-10,225-10,315-5 tried 405 for 1 but only got it up 6 inches and went back down. Bad form felt like my vertebrae was smashing out of my back. Still working on it. I know don't go that heavy until I get form down. Back to 225-10

Damn after that heavy set I was sucking wind. Went on to one arm alternating seated rows 5 sets of 10 with 315

Wide grip pull downs 5 sets 10 , forgot what weight
Then 3 -10 low straight bar rows to my gut squeezing and holding for few seconds. By this time my back was screaming

Was sipping the mix throughout workout
I think it helped me get threw the rest of the workout.

Did straight bar shrugs same weight as deads but didn't do the 405
Uprights next
Rear delt on peck deck
Ab crunches then done. Man being old sux I used to breeze thru this workout but not today

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Yesterday was off day and just sipped on perform.
I say one thing. this stuff tastes great and mixes up real nice unlike some others that I've used that refuse to fully devolve

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was off day and just sipped on perform.
I say one thing. this stuff tastes great and mixes up real nice unlike some others that I've used that refuse to fully devolve
I agree. I have a cheaper BCAA that I use when I'm fasting (just because I go through 8 servings a day of it, that can get expensive) and it mixes terribly and tastes like garbage juice. lol. on the other hand, Perform mixes perfectly and quickly and tastes really really good. AND it's a cool color! =)

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
This week I decided to change it up a little and do arms and calves in one day.

I mixed the perform with the compete I've been taking and towards the end of the workout started getting some bad heartburn.. Not sure if it the combo of the products i'm taking . I take 500mg agamatine with 1 1/2 scoops Condense and 1 Scoop of Glycofuse 20 mins pre . I then mix up 2 scoops of Compete and 1 Scoop of Perform for during . I drink half of a 25ml shaker cup then refill with water and continue.
How much Citruline Malate is to much ? I know Perform had 1 gram and Compete has 500mg. Also Condense has 4g of Beta Alanine.. Is this too much you think?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This week I decided to change it up a little and do arms and calves in one day.

I mixed the perform with the compete I've been taking and towards the end of the workout started getting some bad heartburn.. Not sure if it the combo of the products i'm taking . I take 500mg agamatine with 1 1/2 scoops Condense and 1 Scoop of Glycofuse 20 mins pre . I then mix up 2 scoops of Compete and 1 Scoop of Perform for during . I drink half of a 25ml shaker cup then refill with water and continue.
How much Citruline Malate is to much ? I know Perform had 1 gram and Compete has 500mg. Also Condense has 4g of Beta Alanine.. Is this too much you think?
None of that hurts me at all but everyone's different. Could have just been a fluke

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Yeah probably, my eating was off today and I also worked out an hour and half earlier than normal

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How did it treat you today? Better?

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Day off today so i drank some in the morning Again I love the taste and mix ability
I love the fact I'm getting the BCAA in such a tasty drink

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I agree. I have a cheaper BCAA that I use when I'm fasting (just because I go through 8 servings a day of it, that can get expensive) and it mixes terribly and tastes like garbage juice. lol. on the other hand, Perform mixes perfectly and quickly and tastes really really good. AND it's a cool color! =)
i was using unflavored aminos for awhile. perform and endurance definately wont let me go back to that

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've tried a bunch of other bcaas and never found one that mixed and tasted better! Glad you're enjoying it. How has your recovery been?

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
I feel like my recovery has improved slightly. Even tho I feel a stupid cold coming on. Didn't help I worked outside all day in 15deg weather . We're getting a major snow storm tomm night so hopefully my gym stays open do I can get my chest and front delts on

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel like my recovery has improved slightly. Even tho I feel a stupid cold coming on. Didn't help I worked outside all day in 15deg weather . We're getting a major snow storm tomm night so hopefully my gym stays open do I can get my chest and front delts on
I'm hoping I don't get hit by the storm tonight. I forgot to grab my laptop from work! I've got tons to do tomorrow!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm hoping I don't get hit by the storm tonight. I forgot to grab my laptop from work! I've got tons to do tomorrow!
Storm should be hitting my area more than yours, but not til tomorrow morning. We're hoping we get the snow day call, but nothing yet.

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
I'm on my phone. Where are you guys located ? Im in mass right near cape cod canal

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm on my phone. Where are you guys located ? Im in mass right near cape cod canal
Buffalo lol. Enjoy that 3 feet of snow coming your way.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Buffalo gets nothing. That's the secret the country doesn't know. Rochester and Syracuse get it. Plus we have more sunny days a year than Miami.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Buffalo gets nothing. That's the secret the country doesn't know. Rochester and Syracuse get it. Plus we have more sunny days a year than Miami.
Shhhhhhhhhh! You might bring people to move here!! Oh never mind I forgot about the OUTRAGEOUS property taxes here!! Lol id rather have snow or hurricanes.

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Really that is news to me. Thought you guys get hammerd w lake effect snow. Huh
Taxes -insurance increase/cancellation because of potential hurricanes that never happen. Same difference

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
So gym was finally open after three days of no power.
Did chest and delts. Great workout I felt great and believe the perform helped me power through the workout

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So gym was finally open after three days of no power.
Did chest and delts. Great workout I felt great and believe the perform helped me power through the workout
3 days? Id go nuts!!

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Back and rear delts today.. I've been fighting off a cold for the last few days and today I felt a little better so I went to the gym hoping to fight this thing. I mixed up the Perform with Compete and powered thru the workout . I believe the extra BCAA in the Perform helped out.

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Chest and front/side delts. I went heavy today and mixed up perform with my pre workout Condense to see if I liked it better 30 mins before.. It was a slight difference. I did feel some more endurance from it.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chest and front/side delts. I went heavy today and mixed up perform with my pre workout Condense to see if I liked it better 30 mins before.. It was a slight difference. I did feel some more endurance from it.
I always have bcaa before and during. I find it gives me the most benefit that way

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
I'm gonna do that next time ( before and during) I just want to experiment to see what works best for me.
P.s. sorry I'm not that detailed about my workouts , I just feel everyone post their routine . And I wanted to be different.
I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to use this product .
Again sorry for not being that detailed about the effects of the perform

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm gonna do that next time ( before and during) I just want to experiment to see what works best for me.
P.s. sorry I'm not that detailed about my workouts , I just feel everyone post their routine . And I wanted to be different.
I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to use this product .
Again sorry for not being that detailed about the effects of the perform
all I ask is that you update regularly and give us an honest review both here and on the nutraplanet website. everyone has different amounts of time available to spend on logging their workouts. :)

I'm a family man with two jobs, believe me, I get it. lol

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Yesterday was an off day but I sipped on perform during the day.
My coworker commented on the cool green color asking what I was drinking. I told him perform BCAA and he went on to say how bad some of the other BCAA drinks mix and taste . I told him how well it tasted and mixed up and he was impressed

Tonight is back and rear delts I'm on the power week of P/RR/S. which I've never tried before but am intrigued

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was an off day but I sipped on perform during the day.
My coworker commented on the cool green color asking what I was drinking. I told him perform BCAA and he went on to say how bad some of the other BCAA drinks mix and taste . I told him how well it tasted and mixed up and he was impressed

Tonight is back and rear delts I'm on the power week of P/RR/S. which I've never tried before but am intrigued
right on, spread the word!

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
Back and rear delts tonight on the power mode of the P/RR/S
Deadlift 225-6/ 315-5/ 365-3/ 405-1. Which was a PR for me
Seated one arm rows on hammer strength
Started with 3x45 -6 and kept adding a plate every set until ending up with 6 plates on either side for 4
Wide grip pull downs 200-6/215-4/235-4
Seated close grip rows same as above. Nice and strict. By this time my back was smoked

Dumbbell shrugs start with 90's and worked up to 115's 4 sets
Upright rows with chamfered e-z curl bar started with 80 and worked up to 110 4 sets.
DONE
Took perform with pre workout and felt it helped