SGT Reg’s PERFORM BCAA log-(sponsored by Formutech Nutrition)

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know a lot of the bodybuilding community is against P90X, however it is effective at cutting BF, and it is ideal for the SOLDIER ATHLETE.

Log start date- Monday, FEB 4[SUP]th[/SUP],2013

I am a Combat Medic at Ranger Training Brigade, Fort Benning Ga. I spent 4 years as an Infantryman, and then I switched. I have been to Airborne school and I plan to attend Ranger School late summer this year.

I had bilateral hip surgeries in Sep 2012(Left) and Dec 2012 (right) to remove some bone that was tearing my sh** up! I also had acetabulum (hip socket cartilage) repairs. I was getting ready for Ranger School when I noticed the pain 10 months ago, running 30 miles a week.

Since these procedures, I have lost 30 pounds of fat, and some muscle. I have been doing upper body PT these few months, so I would stay fit. Physical Therapy says no running for a few months, but I can do some squatting.

This 90 day round of P90X is going to be very important for my recovery.

Workout plan- P90X classic, between 0300 and0800

Diet- Intermittent Fasting (lean gains),16 hour fast, 8 hour feed (feed 1200 to 2000).
I eat alot of chicken breast or tuna or salmon, brown rice or white rice or oats, and veggies for my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and biggest meal of the day. I then eat whatever I want; making sure that it fits my macros.

Calories

Workoutday
s
= 2187 (PROTEIN- 1g per lb BW = 171g, CARBS- 34.4% = 187.8g, FAT-34.4% = 83.5g)

NonWO days
= 1913 (PRO- 171g, CARBS- keep it low, FAT- Fit to Macros, P90X is 6 days a week, so 1 day of this a week

Supplements

Pre Workout
-Bulk Dmaa, Bulk caffeine, Bulk Micronized Creatine Mono (This stack may be substituted occasionally for a premixed PRE Workout supp)

Intra and Post workout- PERFORM BCAA’S from FORMUTECH NUTRITION (sponsored)
These supps are the only thing that I will ingest until noon, when my fast is complete.

Height
- 69.5”

Weight

BF%- 17 % bioelectric impedence method, just used to track BF% trending

Current Fitness Level- I consider myself to be pretty damn fit. I am not a body builder, and most likely will not be. It is tough maintaining bulk while in the Army. We run A LOT.

This first 30 days, I am VERY excited to be able to log these BCAA’s. The ingredients are excellent, and I have no doubt that I will lose some more BFand gain some lean body mass while taking PERFORM.

This is my FIRST log, so hang with me!!

image.png

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! Let's get crazy! :)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Perform will definitely help you spare muscle on this cut. Your plan looks good!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really want to try it tomorrow, but I will hold out until Monday. I want a solid 30 day run at this, it's going to be pretty amazing.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really want to try it tomorrow, but I will hold out until Monday. I want a solid 30 day run at this, it's going to be pretty amazing.
Yeah buddy!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 1-
I woke up at 0530, drank my pre-workout, and then proceeded to destroy some P90X.
Day 1 is Chest and Back.
Reg Pushups, Wide Pullups, Military Pushups, Reverse GripChin ups, Wide Fly Pushups, Close Grip Pullups, Decline Pushups, Heavy Pants(45# X 8reps), Diamond Pushups, Lawnmower (55# X 8 reps), Dive Bomber Pushups, Seated Back Fly (45# X 10) …….That is round one.
At this point, I mixed in my FORMUTECH PERFORM BCAA’S and began sipping on them. Then round 2 begins, same exercises except #2 is #1, #1is #2.. and so on.
I finished my BCAA’s in the hour after my workout. Here is my initial review.

Initial Review
Initial impression: I got it in the mail, and as with all supplements, I had to open it in the driveway. The product label was appealing, the seal was intact, the smell of the powder wasmild. Crystalline powders could be seen in the mix.

Measurement Accuracy: The scoop is reported to hold 11.6g of product. One level scoop weighs out to 13.3g. Yes, I used tare for the scoop before putting powder into it. So, it is fair to say I will use a loose, slightly below level scoop.

Mixability: This product seems to mix on its own, as soon as you put it in. I dropped a scoop in, turned around to put the tub away, and when I looked back, no floaters and no particulates in the shaker cup. One good shake for good measure.

Appearance of mixed product: Hard to define, brilliant green maybe. Very appealing.

Taste/Flavor: Holy Sh**. This is delicious.A tad sweet for me in 8 oz of water, so I added a few more ounces of water. Perfect. NOTE: I drink black coffee, unsweet teat, and unflavored supp powders most of the time, so what is sweet for me, is perfect for most people.

Satiety: Great. I use this Intra and Post workout while I do fasted training. This product more than fills the requirement for this. Extra energy and no feeling of hunger.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 1-
I woke up at 0530, drank my pre-workout, and then proceeded to destroy some P90X.
Day 1 is Chest and Back.
Reg Pushups, Wide Pullups, Military Pushups, Reverse GripChin ups, Wide Fly Pushups, Close Grip Pullups, Decline Pushups, Heavy Pants(45# X 8reps), Diamond Pushups, Lawnmower (55# X 8 reps), Dive Bomber Pushups…….That is round one.
At this point, I mixed in my FORMUTECH PERFORM BCAA’S and began sipping on them. Then round 2 begins, same exercises except #2 is #1, #1is #2.. and so on.
I finished my BCAA’s in the hour after my workout. Here is my initial review.

Initial Review
Initial impression: I got it in the mail, and as with all supplements, I had to open it in the driveway. The product label was appealing, the seal was intact, the smell of the powder wasmild. Crystalline powders could be seen in the mix.

Measurement Accuracy: The scoop is reported to hold 11.6g of product. One level scoop weighs out to 13.3g. Yes, I used tare for the scoop before putting powder into it. So, it is fair to say I will use a loose, slightly below level scoop.

Mixability: This product seems to mix on its own, as soon as you put it in. I dropped a scoop in, turned around to put the tub away, and when I looked back, no floaters and no particulates in the shaker cup. One good shake for good measure.

Appearance of mixed product: Hard to define, brilliant green maybe. Very appealing.

Taste/Flavor: Holy Sh**. This is delicious.A tad sweet for me in 8 oz of water, so I added a few more ounces of water. Perfect. NOTE: I drink black coffee, unsweet teat, and unflavored supp powders most of the time, so what is sweet for me, is perfect for most people.

Satiety: Great. I use this Intra and Post workout while I do fasted training. This product more than fills the requirement for this. Extra energy and no feeling of hunger.

Awesome! I'm glad your initial impressions are awesome. Everyone LOVES our Melon flavor, it's flippin delicious! I'm excited to see how you feel in the coming weeks.

And its Formutech not Nutratech ya knucklehead! lol

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha, yeah. It was typing that on my lap top while trying to feed my daughters. I caught it though and changed it, in like less than a minute. I don't know how you saw it. :)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha, yeah. It was typing that on my lap top while trying to feed my daughters. I caught it though and changed it, in like less than a minute. I don't know how you saw it. :)
lol I figured it was autocorrect on your phone or something. just bustin your chops ;)

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 2-
Woke up at 0600, drank my pre-workout, then proceeded to destroy P90X Plyometrics.

This workout is a 58 minute smoke session. Jumping, squatting, lunging, jumping, squatting.... Definitely alot of calories burned on that one.

After a workout like that, BCAA’s are even more important to keep those muscles from wasting.

Mixed up the Melon flavored Formutech PERFORM BCAA’s in 20 oz of water, drank half immediately. I drank the other half throughout the next 2 hours, during the remainder of my 16 hour fast.

I really feel like I should be much sorer than I am. Don’t get me wrong, I am sore. But not as sore as I was when I did days 1 and 2 the first time I did P90X. I am confident that this product is aiding in muscle recovery and preventing muscle catabolism.

Tomorrow we’ll see though. My favorite workout, Shoulders and Arms. Tomorrow is also weigh in day, so I will post the weight and my BF% according to the bio electric impedance device.

I really enjoy drinking PERFORM BCAA’S. I feel like I should log them for 60 days though. That way I can really see the results from my workout regimen and the product. Just a thought. J

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 2-
Woke up at 0600, drank my pre-workout, then proceeded to destroy P90X Plyometrics.

This workout is a 58 minute smoke session. Jumping, squatting, lunging, jumping, squatting.... Definitely alot of calories burned on that one.

After a workout like that, BCAA's are even more important to keep those muscles from wasting.

Mixed up the Melon flavored Formutech PERFORM BCAA's in 20 oz of water, drank half immediately. I drank the other half throughout the next 2 hours, during the remainder of my 16 hour fast.

I really feel like I should be much sorer than I am. Don't get me wrong, I am sore. But not as sore as I was when I did days 1 and 2 the first time I did P90X. I am confident that this product is aiding in muscle recovery and preventing muscle catabolism.

Tomorrow we'll see though. My favorite workout, Shoulders and Arms. Tomorrow is also weigh in day, so I will post the weight and my BF% according to the bio electric impedance device.

I really enjoy drinking PERFORM BCAA'S. I feel like I should log them for 60 days though. That way I can really see the results from my workout regimen and the product. Just a thought. J
Great update drew! P90 looks like a good time but I've never tried it. I downloaded all the videos a while back but just never got going.

You're more than welcome to log for us for 60 days! Unfortunately I can only sponsor the first 30 for ya! Lol ;) it was worth a shot though!!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great update drew! P90 looks like a good time but I've never tried it. I downloaded all the videos a while back but just never got going.

You're more than welcome to log for us for 60 days! Unfortunately I can only sponsor the first 30 for ya! Lol ;) it was worth a shot though!!
It certainly was. There was supposed to be a smiley after the "just a thought". :)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3- FEB 6th, 2013
Today I had shoulders and Arms. I really needed these BCAA's today. I started my workout, feeling a bit tired. About 5 minutes in, I mixed up a serving of the Perform BCAA's,and began sipping. About halfway through I felt more energy and more strength. I pounded out every last rep. Feeling pretty good. Not as sore as I should be. Legs are still hurting a bit from yesterday.
The Perform BCAA's carry me through as expected to my first meal at noon.
**Wednesdays are weigh in day. I weighed in at 169.6, down 1.2 lbs in a week. Cut seems to be going well. When this log is complete, I will post my before and after pictures.
The body fat impedance monitor reflects 15.5% BF. Like I said before, this is 100% accurate, so I use it to gauge a trend. This "says" I lost 1.5% BF. We will see what next week's reflects.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4, FEB 7th, 2013
Today was P90X Yoga X. This workout is more like a stretching ass kicking. I could only do half of it, which is 45 minutes, due to the hip discomfort that I had.
Sipping on the Perform BCAA's during and after the workout. I feel pretty damn good right now. Legs are minimally sore, arms are feeling a bit of yesterdays workout. I feel like thes BCAA's are truly improving my performance and enabling me to retain if not build my LBM while cutting my BF%. We will ultimately make a judgement at the end of this 30 day period. But I foresee an improvement in musculature.
I really want to drink these all day, but I will run out before my log is complete if I do. :)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3- FEB 6th, 2013
Today I had shoulders and Arms. I really needed these BCAA's today. I started my workout, feeling a bit tired. About 5 minutes in, I mixed up a serving of the Perform BCAA's,and began sipping. About halfway through I felt more energy and more strength. I pounded out every last rep. Feeling pretty good. Not as sore as I should be. Legs are still hurting a bit from yesterday.
The Perform BCAA's carry me through as expected to my first meal at noon.
**Wednesdays are weigh in day. I weighed in at 169.6, down 1.2 lbs in a week. Cut seems to be going well. When this log is complete, I will post my before and after pictures.
The body fat impedance monitor reflects 15.5% BF. Like I said before, this is 100% accurate, so I use it to gauge a trend. This "says" I lost 1.5% BF. We will see what next week's reflects.
1.2lbs is great progress!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Woo hoo!!
Today was Legs and Back. There was a lot of single leg squats and such, I didn't add any weight this week. Maybe next week. My hips are still a bit week.

**My pullups on the other hand have dramatically improved. I suppose it is a combination of losing weight, gaining strength, and fueling my muscles properly with high quality BCAA's. Thank you Formutech!

When I post my 30 day pictures, you are going to see that I was able to build lean mass, shed weight, and gain strength while cutting, doing fasted training, doing P90X, and feeding my muscles with Perform BCAA's.

All that with a healthy diet, very important. I do not drink protein shakes daily. Sometimes but not always. I get my protein from lean meat and dairy. 1 gram per pound of BW.

I have decided to remain on a cut for the entire P90X 90 day period, to reach a low BF%. I will be adding supps in month two, and in month 3. I will convince the wife to allow me to purchase another tub of these PERFORM BCAA's. She can't argue with results, right?!!

Until tomorrow....

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Woo hoo!!
Today was Legs and Back. There was a lot of single leg squats and such, I didn't add any weight this week. Maybe next week. My hips are still a bit week.

**My pullups on the other hand have dramatically improved. I suppose it is a combination of losing weight, gaining strength, and fueling my muscles properly with high quality BCAA's. Thank you Formutech!

When I post my 30 day pictures, you are going to see that I was able to build lean mass, shed weight, and gain strength while cutting, doing fasted training, doing P90X, and feeding my muscles with Perform BCAA's.

All that with a healthy diet, very important. I do not drink protein shakes daily. Sometimes but not always. I get my protein from lean meat and dairy. 1 gram per pound of BW.

I have decided to remain on a cut for the entire P90X 90 day period, to reach a low BF%. I will be adding supps in month two, and in month 3. I will convince the wife to allow me to purchase another tub of these PERFORM BCAA's. She can't argue with results, right?!!

Until tomorrow....
awesome, man! I'm sure the wife will want you to continue melting that BF off. Every gal wants a guy they can show off, right?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In my brother!!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey what's up bud! Welcome to the party!

Drew, thanks for liking the supps4soldiers Facebook page. Make sure to share it with your friends!!
I am working on it bro. I share a lot, and I have a lot of pull with the boyz, because I am a supplement guru. :)

Who's site is the supps for soldiers page? I thought that was a different company. Or is it a joint effort?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am working on it bro. I share a lot, and I have a lot of pull with the boyz, because I am a supplement guru. :)

Who's site is the supps for soldiers page? I thought that was a different company. Or is it a joint effort?
Its valdez's baby but I'm going to continue to help promote it and solicit donations for future recipients. I got the very generous owners of Formutech to send out some donations for the first group, so I guess I'm part of the genesis of the whole thing too in a way.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its valdez's baby but I'm going to continue to help promote it and solicit donations for future recipients. I got the very generous owners of Formutech to send out some donations for the first group, so I guess I'm part of the genesis of the whole thing too in a way.
Sweet. Valdez is howwedo? They said they mailed me out some samples but I guess they got lost in the mail. I was wanting to try their Prodigy pre-workout supp. We'll see if they show up her soon.

On another note, what is up with that bulk USPowders stack. The 1 carboxy, super sapons, and cissus look like dirt. Have you tried those?

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet. Valdez is howwedo? They said they mailed me out some samples but I guess they got lost in the mail. I was wanting to try their Prodigy pre-workout supp. We'll see if they show up her soon.

On another note, what is up with that bulk USPowders stack. The 1 carboxy, super sapons, and cissus look like dirt. Have you tried those?
No Valdez and howwedo are different lol I'm just the helper/marketer for the Facebook page and yes I sent you a nice little sample package I had to wait for my root canal to be done and over with I didn't forget you brother :)

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No Valdez and howwedo are different lol I'm just the helper/marketer for the Facebook page and yes I sent you a nice little sample package I had to wait for my root canal to be done and over with I didn't forget you brother :)
Right on. :) Your ears must have been burning. I don't doubt you, I just watch out for our mail lady. We live in the sticks, so the mail lady is a local that drives her own vehicle. She seems legit, but we were doing netflix in the mail last year and almost 1 out of every 5 dvd's would disappear in the mail. I worry sometimes about my precious supps, but I guess whoever the culprit is just likes movies and not supps. Thanks for the response brother.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey what's up bud! Welcome to the party!

Drew, thanks for liking the supps4soldiers Facebook page. Make sure to share it with your friends!!
You see those likes climbing? It will be at 1k in no time. Like a virus. Couple of posts into some groups and a few messages to some buddies and poof.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You see those likes climbing? It will be at 1k in no time. Like a virus. Couple of posts into some groups and a few messages to some buddies and poof.
That's awesome drew! :)

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In... Now you have to follow minetag yer it
Gotcha brother, can you go to supps4soldiers Face Book page and like it, and like Gregory Johnson's nomination as well? Much appreciated!!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today i had P90X. I took some Speed by Lecheek Nutrition before hand.
Great workout. I drank the Perform BCAA's during the workout, and slammed it afterwards.
There is something about this product. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I will. I have another 3 weeks just about.
My 4 months or post surgical con leave will be up next week, the 19th. Then I will have to workout at 0400 in the morning and go do pt at work also. That is where I expect these BCAA's to make their money.
See you tomorrow, gotta sleep!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Gotcha brother, can you go to supps4soldiers Face Book page and like it, and like Gregory Johnson's nomination as well? Much appreciated!!
Will do

Great workout. I drank the Perform BCAA's during the workout, and slammed it afterwards.
There is something about this product. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I will. I have another 3 weeks just about.
My 4 months or post surgical con leave will be up next week, the 19th. Then I will have to workout at 0400 in the morning and go do pt at work also. That is where I expect these BCAA's to make their money.
P90's a bitch. Never finished it. Closest was two weeks from the 90 days... Just got burnt out. I did incorporate a lot of his workouts into what I had me n my squad doing when we were in the field for weeks at a time. We didn't have much of a selection of equipment so we had to rig up a bunch of shyt, and make our own TRX bands out of carabiners and 550 cord... Ah the good old days. I miss being deployed...

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
P90 plus pt? Hard core!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will do

P90's a bitch. Never finished it. Closest was two weeks from the 90 days... Just got burnt out. I did incorporate a lot of his workouts into what I had me n my squad doing when we were in the field for weeks at a time. We didn't have much of a selection of equipment so we had to rig up a bunch of shyt, and make our own TRX bands out of carabiners and 550 cord... Ah the good old days. I miss being deployed...
Deployment is where its at

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta get back into shape, get ready to go to The School this summer
You're well on your way my man!

Great job promoting the s4s page bro, you've got a ton of likes for your brother in law!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, i was going to work some biceps this morning but I decided a rest day was earned. Waking up early morn for the Chest and Back plus ab ripper X

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, i was going to work some biceps this morning but I decided a rest day was earned. Waking up early morn for the Chest and Back plus ab ripper X
Eat up rest up! Kill it today! I'm in between sets of bench right now lol

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eat up rest up! Kill it today! I'm in between sets of bench right now lol
Nice, enjoy your weight smashing.
I ate good yesterday, and had some stomach issues. But i resolved it and I am about to get my jacked on. Got a sample pack of ON platinum PWO. Never tried it before. I an going to take both servings, as my stim tolerance is high. I will hold off on the DMAA though.
What does anyone recommend as far as a break from stims? I guess I haven't had more than a day or 2 break since Christmas. Although I won't break if I don't have too ;)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice, enjoy your weight smashing.
I ate good yesterday, and had some stomach issues. But i resolved it and I am about to get my jacked on. Got a sample pack of ON platinum PWO. Never tried it before. I an going to take both servings, as my stim tolerance is high. I will hold off on the DMAA though.
What does anyone recommend as far as a break from stims? I guess I haven't had more than a day or 2 break since Christmas. Although I won't break if I don't have too ;)
4 weeks and you'll be g2g

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
I'm sure a couple weeks would be long enough as well. I'm on creatine and caffeine pretty much year round only taking time off here and there

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm sure a couple weeks would be long enough as well. I'm on creatine and caffeine pretty much year round only taking time off here and there
Yeah man, i need my stims. Maybe I will take Sundays off, until this cut is over. Then I will rest my body, and friggin bulk!
What does FN have for bulk cycles?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i love gf-ama! pm works great too....