Wahoo's back getting pumped w/ Hemavol & Compete (Sponsored)

uvawahoowa

Awards
First off big thanks out to Vaughn and iForce for doing this promotion. I haven't used hemavol before, and only used compete when I bought about a third to a half a tub (open container) off someone in supp auction.

I had my first doses yesterday and damn, iForce got the taste right on these. I diluted my compete in a full gallon of water and it still had an amazing taste. Normally when I put anything flavored in a gallon I can barely taste anything, but this was as strong as if I had put it in just a glass. Awesome! At first I didn't notice too much from the hemavol, was working chest...but when I hit biceps I got some strong pumps, a little more than I would normally see from my pwo stack. Not too much difference than what I normally see endurance-wise. Rest was between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. On 30 second sets i did 4x10, 2 minutes 5x5, and 1 minute and 1.5 minute breaks I did 4x8 or 3x12.

I have also figured out recently that bulk lclt gives me the runs like crazy when I take it pre @ 2g. I don't know if it's because this isn't bulk powder, or if the doses are split up, or what but yesterday no runs which is f'ing great.

Today was an off day, back on tomorrow with hams/calves/abs

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
In!

uvawahoowa

Awards
Sorry about the inactivity, work has been crazy lately. Luckily I work at a gym so getting my workouts in aren't a problem. This week has been solid as far as making progress in my lifts. Bench, squat, deads are all up this week. Pump and endurance have been solid, just did Chest & bis right now and my bicep pump was above average. I have been bulking and putting on a little bit of body fat so obviously that will take some vascularity away but the pump is still there and strong. I have no problems in recovery between sets or between workouts, and I'm left with plenty of energy post workout. So far so good with this stuff. Off day tomorrow, hams/calves/abs on Wednesday

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Sorry about the inactivity, work has been crazy lately. Luckily I work at a gym so getting my workouts in aren't a problem. This week has been solid as far as making progress in my lifts. Bench, squat, deads are all up this week. Pump and endurance have been solid, just did Chest & bis right now and my bicep pump was above average. I have been bulking and putting on a little bit of body fat so obviously that will take some vascularity away but the pump is still there and strong. I have no problems in recovery between sets or between workouts, and I'm left with plenty of energy post workout. So far so good with this stuff. Off day tomorrow, hams/calves/abs on Wednesday
Sweet. What type of workouts are you doing?

uvawahoowa

Awards
Sweet. What type of workouts are you doing?
Split workouts, today was chest/ bis

Db flat bench 110sx5;115sx5,5;120sx5,5
Incline BB bench 185x8,8,8,8
Parallel bar dips bw+55 10,10,10
=>Superset deadstop barbell bench 185x4,2,2
Fst7 cable flyes 40sx10,10,10,9,8,8,7
Db curl 35sx12,12,8
Laying reverse cable curl 85x7,6,6
=>face curl 40x8,8,8
Standing hammer curl 4X 35sx10,10,8,8

All sets between 30 and 120 seconds break

PuZo

Awards
  • Established

Db curl 35sx12,12,8
=>face curl 40x8,8,8

Quick workout it seems! You felt good with that little rest?

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established

Db curl 35sx12,12,8
=>face curl 40x8,8,8

nice, with breaks being that short, you should see compete shine as an intra. me and the gf switched over to 30 seconds between mega drop sets and noticed quite an improvement in our recovery on days using compete and days not using compete. i'm in brotha. cant wait to see how the stack treat ya.

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
Wooooo Loudy is finally feeling better (been sick for the past 2 weeks).... What's going on here?

uvawahoowa

Awards
Quick workout it seems! You felt good with that little rest?
5x5 were 2mins everything else shorter. The whole workout still took me about 1hr 10 mins plus cardio after...I think I take too much time between exercises, probably 2-3 mins at least. But yeah it feels good, I'm tired but I recover before the next set

uvawahoowa

Awards
nice, with breaks being that short, you should see compete shine as an intra. me and the gf switched over to 30 seconds between mega drop sets and noticed quite an improvement in our recovery on days using compete and days not using compete. i'm in brotha. cant wait to see how the stack treat ya.
I think you're right on that, intra set recovery is very good so far. Less fatigue in subsequent sets and more endurance than normal

uvawahoowa

Awards
Lifting shoulders right now, yesterday was hams, calves, and abs. One thing I will say is my workouts are getting shorter by about 10 minutes but I'm still doing the same number of sets which tells me I'm taking a little less time to recover in between exercises. Pretty nice

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I notice the same thing. I can rest less between sets, and my workouts get completed quicker. This is beneficial because you get to spend less time in the gym, and you're actually forcing your body to do more work in a short amount of time which = GAINZZZZ

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I notice the same thing. I can rest less between sets, and my workouts get completed quicker. This is beneficial because you get to spend less time in the gym, and you're actually forcing your body to do more work in a short amount of time which = GAINZZZZ
i question the validity of this statement based on the fact that im not sure you even lift, bro

:D

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i question the validity of this statement based on the fact that im not sure you even lift, bro

:D
LMAO! haha

OP, count me in.. not sure how I missed this!

Mike

uvawahoowa

Awards
Thanks for subbing guys, this has been a good ride so far.

Doing back/tris right now and am taking 2 min breaks in between 5x5 sets of bent rows and I swear my aerobic capacity and recovery ability is increasing. I feel fully recovered 45-60 seconds after my set and spend the rest of the break time kinda looking around and goofing off on AM. Next week I'm going to experiment with cutting my 2 minute rest periods down to 1.5 minutes and see how performance goes then.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Doing back/tris right now and am taking 2 min breaks in between 5x5 sets of bent rows and I swear my aerobic capacity and recovery ability is increasing. I feel fully recovered 45-60 seconds after my set and spend the rest of the break time kinda looking around and goofing off on AM. Next week I'm going to experiment with cutting my 2 minute rest periods down to 1.5 minutes and see how performance goes then.
doing the same amount of work, in a shorter period of time = more total work performed. Thats the overload principle! I bet your gains skyrocket now.

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards

Sounds like a solid plan...keep us posted...

fellow Wahoo'an here ;)

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
doing the same amount of work, in a shorter period of time = more total work performed. Thats the overload principle! I bet your gains skyrocket now.
I normally hate short rest periods, but it seems like when I've got Compete in my Blender Bottle I'm ready to take another sip and jump into another set. I personally had a killer bi/tri day yesterday using some John Meadows Mountain Dog principles - max rest between sets = 45 seconds. Didn't have a single problem keeping the periods that short.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Chest and bis again today, weight is jumping up a little too fast for my taste...up to 208.2, pants are getting a little more snug so I'm thinking it may be time to cut the cals just a bit. Strength is going up, little by little. Natty gains i guess.

Pumps and endurance have stayed pretty consistent so far, workouts are still on point. I will start the shorter rest periods on wednesday with RDLs and Good mornings. Not sure if it's such a good idea to do this with things that hit the low back so hard, but we'll see how it goes.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Solid set of dips. :eek: Especially considering you were doing a superset with BB bench (with a deadstop nonetheless). Has Compete been helping you push through these kind of sets on a noticeable, consistent basis?

uvawahoowa

Awards
Solid set of dips. :eek: Especially considering you were doing a superset with BB bench (with a deadstop nonetheless). Has Compete been helping you push through these kind of sets on a noticeable, consistent basis?
Yeah Id give it about a 10-15% improvement in intraset reocovery and the ability to eek out that last rep throughout my entire workout

uvawahoowa

Awards
Off day today, hittin it hard again in the morning w/ hams/calves/abs

PuZo

Awards
  • Established

uvawahoowa

Awards
Leg pumps are awesome, kill it in the gym!
Definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be. 90 second rest periods on rdls, good mornings, and between supersets of lying leg curls and sumo rdls. Was able to up weight just a little and decrease the rest period. Between the supersets it was a little harder to catch my breath but still was good.

Did a total of 14 sets of hams and they were a little tight this morning but no more soreness than normal. Also did calves and abs and a little cardio as well. Squeezing these workouts in to a shorter period of time feels great, my wife always gets pissed at me spending so much time working out. It would be even shorter but it takes me 3-4 minutes in between exercises just to change setups and weights unfortunately

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be. 90 second rest periods on rdls, good mornings, and between supersets of lying leg curls and sumo rdls. Was able to up weight just a little and decrease the rest period. Between the supersets it was a little harder to catch my breath but still was good.

Did a total of 14 sets of hams and they were a little tight this morning but no more soreness than normal. Also did calves and abs and a little cardio as well. Squeezing these workouts in to a shorter period of time feels great, my wife always gets pissed at me spending so much time working out. It would be even shorter but it takes me 3-4 minutes in between exercises just to change setups and weights unfortunately
Good to hear. Surprised to see no DOMS even though you did 14 sets!

uvawahoowa

Awards
Did back/tris today, zipped through that in about an hour and then did abs & cardio for about 15 mins. I felt like complete ass this morning, so I went back to sleep after breakfast for a couple hours, then got ready for the gym. Ended up being about 4 hours from the time I ate breakfast to the time I started lifting. Marginally better vascularity having taken the pwo on a more empty stomach, but not as much difference as I thought there would be. Great workout nonetheless. Blasted through it even faster than before even though I still felt sick as ****. Lucky tomorrow is an off day, hopefully I can get some sleep tonight and tomorrow so I can hit quads hard on Sunday. Looks like it's time to pick up some nyquill on the way home from work

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
Hope you are feeling better...Looks like our Wahoo boys are going to the NCAA this year

uvawahoowa

Awards
Hope you are feeling better...Looks like our Wahoo boys are going to the NCAA this year
Don't jinx it...I didn't see the Clemson game the other night, but holding them to 10 points in the first half? That's ridiculous

uvawahoowa

Awards
Solid workout this morning, cold symptoms are dissipating and I have a lot more energy than I did the last few days. I didn't drop the rest periods on my workout this morning, but I probably could have if I had to. I zipped through quads/calves in about 75 mins, normally because I'm doing both squats and deads it takes me about 90 minutes or so. I hit what I think is a 3 rep PR on deads at 445, and I felt like I could have hit a 4th if I tried. Squats are going up as well. Best sets on my exercises today:

Deadlift 3x445
Front Squat 5x225 (2 sets)
Back Squat 8x220

Vids to come

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
where do you workout by the way? On campus?

uvawahoowa

Awards
Had a tough workout yesterday on chest and bis. I'm still congested from being sick over the weekend and I've been sleeping like ****. It was much harder for me to recover in between sets. I felt like I couldn't fully catch my breath like before, I'm guessing I still have a lot of crap in my system that needs to get out. No strength gains from the same exercises/rep schemes from 2 weeks ago, which was a little demoralizing. Diet has been on point even through the weekend. I'm hoping I can get up to 5x125s on DB Bench in a couple weeks. Endurance was still there though, got through the workout and did 15 minutes of LISS cardio afterwards without a problem. Not looking forward to tomorrow's hams/calves lifts...rdls and GMs get me out of breath normally. I just hope I can get some sleep tonight.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Had a tough workout yesterday on chest and bis. I'm still congested from being sick over the weekend and I've been sleeping like ****. It was much harder for me to recover in between sets. I felt like I couldn't fully catch my breath like before, I'm guessing I still have a lot of crap in my system that needs to get out. No strength gains from the same exercises/rep schemes from 2 weeks ago, which was a little demoralizing. Diet has been on point even through the weekend. I'm hoping I can get up to 5x125s on DB Bench in a couple weeks. Endurance was still there though, got through the workout and did 15 minutes of LISS cardio afterwards without a problem. Not looking forward to tomorrow's hams/calves lifts...rdls and GMs get me out of breath normally. I just hope I can get some sleep tonight.
If you aren't feeling good, maybe skip a workout? Let your body rest, you'll get better much quicker.

uvawahoowa

Awards
If you aren't feeling good, maybe skip a workout? Let your body rest, you'll get better much quicker.
You're probably right, but I'm far too neurotic about my worouts to do that. My last couple workouts have been a lot better though, strength has been down just a bit but overall endurance and intraset recovery is back to normal. I should probably up cals a bit to offset my body trying to fight off the last of this cold.

Back and tris today, the gym is nice and empty so I'm hoping to get through this quickly so I can get to work. Back day is normally my best pump day as far as vascularity goes so I'm looking forward to getting that shoulder vein to pop today

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've tried fighting through things, it just delays getting sick and the longer I delay it, the longer I feel like crap. Get your rest bro!!

Mike

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
I've tried fighting through things, it just delays getting sick and the longer I delay it, the longer I feel like crap. Get your rest bro!!

Mike
thus why i decided to take a 2 weeks off from lifting...couldnt get over the nagging cold/sinus/sickness

uvawahoowa

Awards
thus why i decided to take a 2 weeks off from lifting...couldnt get over the nagging cold/sinus/sickness
Yeah that's exactly what this has turned into, I feel fine but my voice is just about gone because I have so much **** in my throat and lungs.

Workouts have been harder to push through than normal yesterday and today, still fine on the strength side but a but harder to recover from. So I'm going to only lift 4 days this week and get an extra off day and see how I feel next weekend

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

At first signs of sickness, I usually keep working out to force myself to get sick faster, because otherwise it just lingers making me feel like half crap for a few days before i get it full blown. I'd rather just get full blown sick immediately so i can recover to 100% faster!

Mike

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
At first signs of sickness, I usually keep working out to force myself to get sick faster, because otherwise it just lingers making me feel like half crap for a few days before i get it full blown. I'd rather just get full blown sick immediately so i can recover to 100% faster!

Mike
That's craaazzzyy

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established

Mike
no you're just a machine,

vit c/NAC/echinanea on the first sign of getting sick usually cures me in a day or 2

uvawahoowa

Awards

vit c/NAC/echinanea on the first sign of getting sick usually cures me in a day or 2
Nac and Echinacea? I haven't heard of those for illnesses...I will have to try those out

PuZo

Awards
  • Established

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

haha, but honestly, your protocol listed, is pretty much what I do also.

Mike