Piston Honda Blows Up on I-Force's Hemavol + Compete! (sponsored)

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vaughn and the good people at I-Force Nutrition have selected me to log Hemavol and Compete for a month and comment on pump, endurance, rest between sets, flavor, recovery, and DOMs. Dosing is one scoop Hemavol + Compete 30 minutes prior to workout, and one additional scoop of Compete during the workout.

I've used Hemavol many times before, and consider it a great stim-free preworkout. I've been using Compete recently in some sample packs and not only are they tasty, but seem to add that extra "kick" during my workouts.

I don't generally update my logs with nutrition info because I think that's kind of boring. I eat a protein-heavy diet with some complex carbs.

Just wanted to get the log up and running, so more details to come. Gotta go hit the gym and put these products to use!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final review:

AWESOME products both on their own and used together.

Here's what I was asked to comment on:
--pumps:
Insane. Be sure to properly hydrate and the GMS in Hemavol will work its wonders. One pump is good, I've used 1.5 and 2 throughout the log. 1.5 scoops Hemavol and 2 scoops Compete would run out at close to the same time.
--endurance:
Was able to punish myself for grueling sessions of High-Low/Front-Back training, and even for extended traditional sessions of upper-only, legs-only, or total body. Never felt like I couldn't do what I wanted to do in the gym. Only disappointing workouts I had were due to fatigue/stress from my job; nothing that can be blamed on the products.
--rest between sets:
Most workouts were kept to 40 seconds between sets for arm workouts, 60-80 for chest/back, 80-120 sec for high volume/weight leg exercises. Heart rate was still elevated at these intervals, but some longer rest periods were necessary due to the blood pump in the exercised areas.
--flavor:
Watermelon Hemavol>Lemon. I've used both before and the lemon actually gave me headaches. Watermelon is better by default, but could be a tad stronger.
Tangerine Compete = THE BEST TASTING SUPP EVER.
--recovery:
Probably could have worked out 4/5 times a week or more consecutive days, but the punishment I put myself through demanded some rest. Did do cardio on off days, so even after a leg day previous, still was able to hit the elliptical.
--DOMs:
NEVER FELT THEM. I don't know how this could be; I pushed myself as hard as I ever did, and I can't figure what exactly in either formula reduced DOMs to the point of non-existence.

BOTTOM LINE:
If you have the means, run this stack. It is versatile and effective. Hemavol especially is good on its own and also stacks well with other formulas if you're so inclined. Compete is just awesome; intra, pre, post, in a water jug throughout the day: this needs to be in you!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look how awesome my URL in my signature is! People have been saying this about me for months now.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
2nd and best!

krome606

krome606

Awards
  • Established
Great start so far man, looking forward to it

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day one:

My current routine is to spend one day doing deadlift variations and chest exercises, followed by a day of squats/quads and pulls / lats. Back of legs and front of body one day, front of legs and back of body the other. Then rest or cardio, then repeat. Oh, and these exercises are done consecutively.

Along the way, I'll update you as to the tunes I had on my playlist as I was lifting.

So today, here's how it went down:

Stretching
Music: "Rise Up"- Testament, "Sexdictator Lucifer" - Belphegor

Hex bar deadlifts and Hammer bench presses
Music: "True Names" - Vader, "Ace of Spades" - Motorhead, "Holy Wars" - Megadeth, "Human Insecticide" - Annihilator
Bench: 320 / 15 Hex deads: 225/8
90 sec break
320/12, 225/8
320/10, 225/7
320/8, 225/7
320/6, 225/6

Stiff-legged deadlifts and Flying pushups
Music: "Massacre of the Unborn" - Oppobrium(Incubus), "Piranha" - Sepultura, "Built to Blast" -Magrudergrind, "Rebirth of the Nemesis" -Melechesh
Deads: 245 / 6, pushups: 15
90 sec break
245/6, 15
245/5, 12
225/6, 12
225/6, 10

35 minutes of actual exercise, not stretching. Totally gassed at the end of it, but that's the point. My cardio is weak and is what's holding me back in terms of endurance. The Hemavol kept me nice and full, almost like feeling my joints were supported by the pump. If you've read my earlier logs, you know I've recently completed PT for my shoulders.
The focus and endurance to finish seemed to be bolstered by the ingredients in Compete. It would have been very easy to dial it in today but the addition of Compete pre- and intra- helped get me through.
I've been doing this exercise setup for a couple weeks now, and today was my first day at increasing the weight. I worked out at my gym today as opposed to my school gym where I work, so I used a few different machines and bars.

No workout tomorrow; Sabres home opener at 12:30 and a surprise birthday party to host upon my return.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Omg those bench numbers!very nice first update bro!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks my man! If I was on an actual bench/barbell combo I don't know how much I'd be able to lift, but I like that the Hammer machines keep you through the correct motion. Only problem can be finding the right starting spot.

I was going to do some of the Hammer ground base squats but a guy was using it to do shrugs. That's why I did the hex bar deads instead. Have never been able to figure out the proper deadlift form that doesn't kill my back, plus my grip strength is weaker than a baby's anyway.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Breakfast was delicious today btw; 3 pieces of whole wheat toast, 4 eggs, 4 strips of bacon, 4 sausages, and some homefries. NEVER SKIP BREAKFAST; it's too darn yummy!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for breakfast updates

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Breakfast: leftover chicken souvlaki and greek potatoes from dinner last night and a three egg omelette with red peppers. Now I'm off to the Sabres' home opener against the phucks from Philly.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Breakfast: leftover chicken souvlaki and greek potatoes from dinner last night and a three egg omelette with red peppers. Now I'm off to the Sabres' home opener against the phucks from Philly.
Sounds like a good breakfast!have a good time and be safe!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
subbed gimme nudes

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update in a bit; celebrating my 2 year anniversary w my fiancée now w dinner. Nudes may or may not be included in the update

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Update in a bit; celebrating my 2 year anniversary w my fiancée now w dinner. Nudes may or may not be included in the update
Congrats on 2 years!enjoy your dinner!

retrofitted

Awards
Subbed. Hope the stack treats you well, I'm optimistic about my own log (aside from injury).

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's the promised nudes:

image-2936571968.jpg

Here's the update:

Spent today's workout doing my physical therapy for my shoulders as well as some arm workouts. Had unfettered access to the cable machines today so I hogged them.

Music: "****ing Hostile" - Pantera, "Fistf***ing God's Planet" - Marduk

External cable rotations 20lbs x 8,8,7 45 sec rest

"Guilty as Charged" - Criminal Element

Internal cable rotations 20 lbs x 8,8,8

"Living Monstrosity" - Death, "Sothis" - Vader

Cable bicep curls 120lbs x 8,7,6,5 50 sec rest

"4th Arra of Dagon" - Nile

Reverse grip bicep cable curls 80lbs x 8,8,7,6

"Rattlehead" - Megadeth

Single arm tricep extension(throwing motion) 60lbs x 8,7,6 30 sec rest after both arms used

"Stronger Than Hate" - Sepultura

Farmer's walks 65 lbs x 2 trips across gym

"Blood Fire Death" - Bathory

Single arm ripcord rows 65 lbs x 8,7,6,5

Had a great, full pump throughout, even with the lower weights used to rehab my shoulders at the beginning of the workout. Biceps felt tight and a little painful even during the cable curls. Had a sudden surge of energy during the ripcords, thanks to the Compete and also the epicness of the Bathory song!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Where's all the lamb of god piston?

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where's all the lamb of god piston?
In the bargain bin probably. Lol, j/k! Not brutal enough for me; never got into them. What's a good song or album of theirs you could recommend?

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
In the bargain bin probably. Lol, j/k! Not brutal enough for me; never got into them. What's a good song or album of theirs you could recommend?
Ashes of the wake, or wrath.. Both amazing albums.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took down 1.5 scoops of Hemavol and did regular Compete dosing today. Just focused on DTP leg presses on my school's machine. Blared Morbid Angel's "Blades for Baal" the entire workout on repeat.

250 x 30 60 sec rest
300 x 25 70 sec rest
350 x 20 80 sec rest
400 x 14 90 sec rest
455 x 10 100 sec rest
455 x 9
400 x 10
350 x 18
300 x 24
250 x 30

I have to admit, it was tough squeezing out my usual #s on this protocol because I felt my legs were tight with blood and the muscles really soaked up the I-Force tastiness. Workout could also have suffered a bit because I had yesterday off from school so technically this is the first day of my work week. Mondays are always tough for me to adjust to (I'm a night owl) so this is kind of my Monday today.

Looking forward to destroying tomorrow once I get a good rest tonight!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just saw in Safari...bummed...

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Took down 1.5 scoops of Hemavol and did regular Compete dosing today. Just focused on DTP leg presses on my school's machine. Blared Morbid Angel's "Blades for Baal" the entire workout on repeat.

250 x 30 60 sec rest
300 x 25 70 sec rest
350 x 20 80 sec rest
400 x 14 90 sec rest
455 x 10 100 sec rest
455 x 9
400 x 10
350 x 18
300 x 24
250 x 30

I have to admit, it was tough squeezing out my usual #s on this protocol because I felt my legs were tight with blood and the muscles really soaked up the I-Force tastiness. Workout could also have suffered a bit because I had yesterday off from school so technically this is the first day of my work week. Mondays are always tough for me to adjust to (I'm a night owl) so this is kind of my Monday today.

Looking forward to destroying tomorrow once I get a good rest tonight!
Is your regular 2 scoops intra or split 1/1?

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 compete before, 1 intra

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I run 1.5 scoops of Hemavol, the tub should run out the same time as the tub of Compete

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry I'm late to the party fellas! Numbers are looking good my man!!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today:

Stiff-legged deadlifts @ 245 followed by seated bench press @ 245

Music - "Slaughter of Dreams" - Mayhem, "Defector" - Misery Index, "Hate Worldwide" - Slayer

8 reps deads, 10 reps bench 90 sec rest
7, 10
6, 10
6, 10
5, 8

Hex Deadlifts @ 225, BoSu push-ups

"Islander D'Ul Kharnon" - Nile, "Kill Every Gay" - Raunchous Brothers, "Ultimate Destroyer" - Lair of the Minotaur, "Live for Free" - Speckmann Project

8 deads, 15 push-ups 90 sec rest
8/15
7/15
7/15
6/15

35 minute workout, winded completely at the end. Looked and felt big and vascular, very noticeable in shoulders and upper body today.

Taste of the Tangerine Compete is off the hook! Thinking of buying some just to add to my water throughout the day, it's that good!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today:

Stiff-legged deadlifts @ 245 followed by seated bench press @ 245

Music - "Slaughter of Dreams" - Mayhem, "Defector" - Misery Index, "Hate Worldwide" - Slayer

8 reps deads, 10 reps bench 90 sec rest
7, 10
6, 10
6, 10
5, 8

Hex Deadlifts @ 225, BoSu push-ups

"Islander D'Ul Kharnon" - Nile, "Kill Every Gay" - Raunchous Brothers, "Ultimate Destroyer" - Lair of the Minotaur, "Live for Free" - Speckmann Project

8 deads, 15 push-ups 90 sec rest
8/15
7/15
7/15
6/15

35 minute workout, winded completely at the end. Looked and felt big and vascular, very noticeable in shoulders and upper body today.

Taste of the Tangerine Compete is off the hook! Thinking of buying some just to add to my water throughout the day, it's that good!
Nice work man! Got me jonesing for some Tangerine Compete!!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Makes my mouth water just to think of it!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
very nice work man!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thx bro, just wish my grip was stronger so I could master the deadlifts and pull more weight. Embarrassed at the thought of straps for less than 300 lbs

R3ACTION

R3ACTION

Awards
Thx bro, just wish my grip was stronger so I could master the deadlifts and pull more weight. Embarrassed at the thought of straps for less than 300 lbs
Grip strength is something I've always been envious of.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
hey,you aint the only one.i did deads today for the 2nd time in months.my grip is shot,i had so much more in me strentgh wise,but couldnt hold onto to it.i was so mad!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude if your not a competing power lifter there's nothing wrong with straps IMO. I use straps for almost everything

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Dude if your not a competing power lifter there's nothing wrong with straps IMO. I use straps for almost everything
ive never had any,but hoping to acquire some soon!

R3ACTION

R3ACTION

Awards
That would have been an awesome edit! I need better straps...

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually have some I-Force ones from a sale they did a while ago with Hemavol, maybe I should use them. This is an I-Force log after all!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One thing I did to improve my grip was grab a 45 lb plate from an edge in one hand and walk around the gym for 1 minute then switch hands. Do 3 sets of that and your forearms and fingers will be on fire. Work that into your routine I guarantee it will improve your grip. A kettle works too.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And just to be clear, "straps," not "strap-ons."

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One thing I did to improve my grip was grab a 45 lb plate from an edge in one hand and walk around the gym for 1 minute then switch hands. Do 3 sets of that and your forearms and fingers will be on fire. Work that into your routine I guarantee it will improve your grip. A kettle works too.
Sounds good, may work that in!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
have done this before for forearm developement,works great!

bikinidiva

bikinidiva

Awards
Chicken souvlaki sounds so amazing! I just got a recipe from a friend to try it. I can't wait! Keep up the good job with the logs. I will be excited to see how your progress goes. :) i know i get a huge pump from it.