Piston Honda Blows Up on I-Force's Hemavol + Compete! (sponsored) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Piston Honda Blows Up on I-Force's Hemavol + Compete! (sponsored)

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Thx bro, just wish my grip was stronger so I could master the deadlifts and pull more weight. Embarrassed at the thought of straps for less than 300 lbs
    hey,you aint the only one.i did deads today for the 2nd time in months.my grip is shot,i had so much more in me strentgh wise,but couldnt hold onto to it.i was so mad!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thx bro, just wish my grip was stronger so I could master the deadlifts and pull more weight. Embarrassed at the thought of straps for less than 300 lbs
    Dude if your not a competing power lifter there's nothing wrong with straps IMO. I use straps for almost everything
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Dude if your not a competing power lifter there's nothing wrong with straps IMO. I use straps for almost everything
    ive never had any,but hoping to acquire some soon!
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That would have been an awesome edit! I need better straps...
    "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I actually have some I-Force ones from a sale they did a while ago with Hemavol, maybe I should use them. This is an I-Force log after all!
    BOARD TYRANT
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

One thing I did to improve my grip was grab a 45 lb plate from an edge in one hand and walk around the gym for 1 minute then switch hands. Do 3 sets of that and your forearms and fingers will be on fire. Work that into your routine I guarantee it will improve your grip. A kettle works too.
    Life's a garden, dig it
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

And just to be clear, "straps," not "strap-ons."
    BOARD TYRANT
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post

One thing I did to improve my grip was grab a 45 lb plate from an edge in one hand and walk around the gym for 1 minute then switch hands. Do 3 sets of that and your forearms and fingers will be on fire. Work that into your routine I guarantee it will improve your grip. A kettle works too.
    Sounds good, may work that in!
    BOARD TYRANT
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

have done this before for forearm developement,works great!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  117 lbs.

Chicken souvlaki sounds so amazing! I just got a recipe from a friend to try it. I can't wait! Keep up the good job with the logs. I will be excited to see how your progress goes. i know i get a huge pump from it.
    iForce Sponsored Athlete/B.S. in Nutrition with a Minor in Health and Wellness and Kinesiology
    www.facebook.com/iforcenutrition ; www.facebook.com/#!/cindy.sampsoniforcepro
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bikinidiva View Post
    Chicken souvlaki sounds so amazing! I just got a recipe from a friend to try it. I can't wait! Keep up the good job with the logs. I will be excited to see how your progress goes. i know i get a huge pump from it.
    It's so easy to make! Grilling some homemade souvlaki now as a matter of fact! Doing breakfast for dinner: protein-packed pancakes, omelettes, sausage, home fries, and the chicken.

Glad to have you on board diva! Today was an off day but back at it tomorrow. No hardcore DOMS on these products yet, just enough soreness to know I worked hard!
    BOARD TYRANT
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  117 lbs.

Im jealous! !!!!!
    iForce Sponsored Athlete/B.S. in Nutrition with a Minor in Health and Wellness and Kinesiology
    www.facebook.com/iforcenutrition ; www.facebook.com/#!/cindy.sampsoniforcepro
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Here's the promised nudes:

Attachment 73387

Here's the update:

Spent today's workout doing my physical therapy for my shoulders as well as some arm workouts. Had unfettered access to the cable machines today so I hogged them.

Music: "****ing Hostile" - Pantera, "Fistf***ing God's Planet" - Marduk

External cable rotations 20lbs x 8,8,7 45 sec rest

"Guilty as Charged" - Criminal Element

Internal cable rotations 20 lbs x 8,8,8

"Living Monstrosity" - Death, "Sothis" - Vader

Cable bicep curls 120lbs x 8,7,6,5 50 sec rest

"4th Arra of Dagon" - Nile

Reverse grip bicep cable curls 80lbs x 8,8,7,6

"Rattlehead" - Megadeth

Single arm tricep extension(throwing motion) 60lbs x 8,7,6 30 sec rest after both arms used

"Stronger Than Hate" - Sepultura

Farmer's walks 65 lbs x 2 trips across gym

"Blood Fire Death" - Bathory

Single arm ripcord rows 65 lbs x 8,7,6,5

Had a great, full pump throughout, even with the lower weights used to rehab my shoulders at the beginning of the workout. Biceps felt tight and a little painful even during the cable curls. Had a sudden surge of energy during the ripcords, thanks to the Compete and also the epicness of the Bathory song!
    How did you get Loudy's nudes?
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

From C-Bench
    BOARD TYRANT
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

From C-Bench
    Wait.. what?
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Wait.. what?
    Oh you know!
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Today was quads / lats:

Music: "Buried by Time and Dust" - Mayhem, "Sex and Outrage" - Motorhead, "Peace Sells" - Megadeth, "Just Cos You Got the Power (live)" - Motorhead

Smith machine squats / lat pulls, 90 sec rest

270x10 / 195x10
    270x9 / 195x10
    270x9 / 195x10
    270x8 / 195x10
    270x7 / 195x10

--Nagging tightness behind my left knee...pushed myself to get through it though. I'm gonna have to up the weight on the lat pulls; no way the 5th set should be the same # of reps as the first

"Decade of Therion (live)" - Behemoth, "Blades for Baal" - Morbid Angel, "Blood and Thunder" - Mastodon, "Flexing Muscles" - Entombed

Goblet squats / pullups 90 sec rest
    60 x 13 / 15
    60 x 12 / 13
    60 x 11 / 12
    60 x 11 / 12
    60 x 10 / 11

Exhausted (again) but that's the goal of these workouts. The supps are keeping me nice and swole, maybe a bit tight with all the blood pump. Compete is also helping me train to failure, so when I say I'm exhausted, it's because I can go that extra rep or keep that weight the same without dropping it.
    BOARD TYRANT
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

nice work bro!
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    nice work bro!
    Thx man! Squats will go up I'm sure, but knees are a bit creaky. Chicken legs from knees down too, damn my genetics. No calves to speak of. My curse.
    BOARD TYRANT
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Thx man! Squats will go up I'm sure, but knees are a bit creaky. Chicken legs from knees down too, damn my genetics. No calves to speak of. My curse.
    Im with ya there bro. My buddy gives me **** all the time.
    Life's a garden, dig it
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

My calves are like my biceps. "Long", no matter how often or hard I train them.
    BOARD TYRANT
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

My calves are like my biceps. "Long", no matter how often or hard I train them.
    Damn you genetics!!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Haha I'm right there with you guys
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

This thread is now the support group for calf dissatisfaction!
    BOARD TYRANT
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

This thread is now the support group for calf dissatisfaction!
    Yessss
    Purus labs Rep
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Yessss
    I'm satisfied with mine
    Its the long biceps..
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Just got done doing my weekly "rehab" workout; lots of shoulder and scapula work. Pull-ups, push-ups, flying push-ups, Swiss ball flies, rows, cable internal/external movements, etc. Whole upper body was thick and pumped. Shoulders looked like balloons and was getting some looks from some of the ladies in the gym...probably because besides m there were a bunch of 60 year old weirdos in there today also.
    BOARD TYRANT
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Just got done doing my weekly "rehab" workout; lots of shoulder and scapula work. Pull-ups, push-ups, flying push-ups, Swiss ball flies, rows, cable internal/external movements, etc. Whole upper body was thick and pumped. Shoulders looked like balloons and was getting some looks from some of the ladies in the gym...probably because besides m there were a bunch of 60 year old weirdos in there today also.
    Getting your geriatric on I see! Great work brother.
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

So some PRs today with weight; no DOMS to worry about and training as hard and long as I can before I pass out. This stack is definitely letting me push myself!

Stiff-legged deadlifts @ 255 and Seated bench press @ 255
    Music: "I'm the Doctor" - Motorhead, "Pain Divine" - Morbid Angel, "Rapture" - Morbid Angel
    7 dls, 10 presses, 6/10, 6/9, 5/8, 5/7
    --loss of grip strength only thing holding me back on the deadlifts

Hex bar deadlifts @ 245 / Bosu Pushups
    Music: "Kill Again" - Slayer, "Praise of Death" -Slayer, "The Calling" - Vader, "Just One Fix" - Ministry
    7 dls, 15 pushups, 6/15, 6/15, 5/15, 5/15

Pouring sweat, racing heartbeat, whole body workout and constantly pushing more weight. Swollen as heck and ready to go the next day. The stack is definitely doing its job! Still doing 1.5 scoops Hemavol per workout.
    BOARD TYRANT
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.

So some PRs today with weight; no DOMS to worry about and training as hard and long as I can before I pass out. This stack is definitely letting me push myself!

Stiff-legged deadlifts @ 255 and Seated bench press @ 255
    Music: "I'm the Doctor" - Motorhead, "Pain Divine" - Morbid Angel, "Rapture" - Morbid Angel
    7 dls, 10 presses, 6/10, 6/9, 5/8, 5/7
    --loss of grip strength only thing holding me back on the deadlifts

Hex bar deadlifts @ 245 / Bosu Pushups
    Music: "Kill Again" - Slayer, "Praise of Death" -Slayer, "The Calling" - Vader, "Just One Fix" - Ministry
    7 dls, 15 pushups, 6/15, 6/15, 5/15, 5/15

Pouring sweat, racing heartbeat, whole body workout and constantly pushing more weight. Swollen as heck and ready to go the next day. The stack is definitely doing its job! Still doing 1.5 scoops Hemavol per workout.
    Congrats on your new PR's!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Last time I had my squat day the back of my left knee felt a bit wonky, so I decided to switch up my quad routine a bit today.

Did walking twisting barbell lunges @ 100 lbs, 5 steps forward each leg, 5 back. Then 4,4 and 4,4.

Goblet squats @ 70lbs:
    12, 12, 11, 10, 8

Seated leg press strip sets:
    450 x 10, 350 x 8
    450 x 9, 350 x 7
    450 x 8, 350 x 7
    450 x 7, 350 x 6

No music playing today. Was hard enough working around all the idiot students standing around in the weight room. Almost decapitated a few with the walking barbell lunges. They must have thought I had eyes in the back of my head when I did my reverses. Felt good to stretch the legs a bit more and work some new range of motion. Legs were very full and thick from the work and the Hemavol.
    BOARD TYRANT
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.

Last time I had my squat day the back of my left knee felt a bit wonky, so I decided to switch up my quad routine a bit today.

Did walking twisting barbell lunges @ 100 lbs, 5 steps forward each leg, 5 back. Then 4,4 and 4,4.

Goblet squats @ 70lbs:
    12, 12, 11, 10, 8

450 x 10, 350 x 8
    450 x 9, 350 x 7
    450 x 8, 350 x 7
    450 x 7, 350 x 6

No music playing today. Was hard enough working around all the idiot students standing around in the weight room. Almost decapitated a few with the walking barbell lunges. They must have thought I had eyes in the back of my head when I did my reverses. Felt good to stretch the legs a bit more and work some new range of motion. Legs were very full and thick from the work and the Hemavol.
    Probably should of hit a few of them, I hear it increases your 1RM
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Name:  story_half_width.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  3.3 KB
  34. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Goblet squats @ 70lbs:
    12, 12, 11, 10, 8

450 x 10, 350 x 8
    450 x 9, 350 x 7
    450 x 8, 350 x 7
    450 x 7, 350 x 6

solid leg day bro!

i know theres a few people who dont like to use hemavol on leg day because they dont want too crazy a quad pump, i see you are not one of them
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Last time I had my squat day the back of my left knee felt a bit wonky, so I decided to switch up my quad routine a bit today.Did walking twisting barbell lunges @ 100 lbs, 5 steps forward each leg, 5 back. Then 4,4 and 4,4. Goblet squats @ 70lbs:12, 12, 11, 10, 8Seated leg press strip sets:450 x 10, 350 x 8450 x 9, 350 x 7450 x 8, 350 x 7450 x 7, 350 x 6No music playing today. Was hard enough working around all the idiot students standing around in the weight room. Almost decapitated a few with the walking barbell lunges. They must have thought I had eyes in the back of my head when I did my reverses. Felt good to stretch the legs a bit more and work some new range of motion. Legs were very full and thick from the work and the Hemavol.
    wtf is a goblet squat.. please explain!Mike
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post
    solid leg day bro!

i know theres a few people who dont like to use hemavol on leg day because they dont want too crazy a quad pump, i see you are not one of them
    It does make walking around a bit more difficult, but if I'm taking Hemavol to force nutrients / water / etc into my muscles, and I plan on tearing up my legs with a hard workout, it makes sense to! I think a lot of users like Hemavol for the aesthetic pump and look for chest / arms but I think it's vital to helping the legs grow and recover as well.

BTW regarding recovery, no major DOMS issues which I attribute to the addition of Compete!
    BOARD TYRANT
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    wtf is a goblet squat.. please explain!Mike
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conte...t-squats-2634/
    BOARD TYRANT
  38. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It does make walking around a bit more difficult, but if I'm taking Hemavol to force nutrients / water / etc into my muscles, and I plan on tearing up my legs with a hard workout, it makes sense to! I think a lot of users like Hemavol for the aesthetic pump and look for chest / arms but I think it's vital to helping the legs grow and recover as well.

BTW regarding recovery, no major DOMS issues which I attribute to the addition of Compete!
    getting rid of DOMs = win!

LCLT + LCF = FTW!

Glad to see this stack is working so well for you brother!
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Thanks again for the opportunity!
    BOARD TYRANT
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Used my handy I-Force lifting straps today for the first time. Even gave traditional deadlifts another shot today after I swore off them previously in another log of mine. Boy did those straps come in handy!

Deadlifts: 205 x 8, 275 x 6 305 x 3 (PR),3,3 (couldn't break past this plateau!) 255 x 6
    Stiff-legged deadlifts 205 x 8,8,7,6,5

Today was just a strict hamstring / deadlift day to get accustomed to the wraps and the correct motions. Still got in over a good half hour of exercise, so I'm happy with that. Will probably either do chest at the gym tomorrow or my shoulder rehab day, what with a Sabres afternoon game on Sunday and the Super Bowl after that.

Continuing my 1.5 scoops pre of Hemavol, and a scoop pre and intra of Compete. Tasty and effective!
    BOARD TYRANT
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Piston Honda MANs up with Nolvadren XT and Prometheus Rising
    By Piston Honda in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 01:05 PM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 07:41 AM
  3. any need to stock up on research chems?
    By ps24eva in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 10:46 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 07:30 PM
  5. what are you stocking up on?
    By megalug in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 08:01 PM