Double S is getting Sleepy with Formutech Recover

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is my fourth product from Formutech and so far the first 3 have been spot on as I hope the 4[SUP]th[/SUP]; Recover lives up to the hype.
Reviews on Zinc/Magnesium supplements have been mixed as some believe the true effects are felt with endurance athletes that sweat (Zinc being one of the components of sweat thus creating a negative imbalance) while others feel it is a great supplement to use all around. I am torn down the middle. In the past I haven’t felt any “magical” powers but what I did feel was a deeper sleep and also more vivid/colorful dreams.
I was fortunate enough to receive my bottle yesterday and was actually eager to try it and get to sleep. (I know it sounds weird) I dosed 3 pills about 2 hours after dinner and maybe ½ hour before bed.
I can definitely tell you it put me into a deeper sleep. I generally get up once a night to hit the bathroom and last night I felt as tho I was almost sleep walking. Conscious enough to do my business but again felt very heavy on my feet. I did feel well rested when I awoke this morning.
Can’t really say anything about muscle recovery as yesterday was a quick arm workout.

Stay tuned and as always, thanks for reading.

Recover Supplement Facts
Serving Size (Men): 3 veggie capsules
Servings per Container: 30
Serving Size (Women): 2 veggie capsules
Serving per Container:45
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Zinc Monomethinine Aspartate
30mg
200%
Magnesium Aspartate
450mg
113%
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
11mg
525%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
** Percent Daily Values not established.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Flour
recover_large.jpg

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In this!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Morning All,

Was fortunate enough to actually hit a gym vs my own basement one. Felt good to have an atmosphere around me and see all the HS kids walking around showing off their 12 inch pipes.

Decided to hit back:

4 sets lat pulldowns wide grip to the front
4 sets v bar to front
4 sets db rows
4 sets (brain fog right now) - machine where you sit in and bring the bar from over your head to your stomach

4 sets triceps push downs v-bar
4 sets single arm pull downs (palm facing up)

Unfortunately something set off my bladder last night as I was up very frequently hitting the bathroom so I can't say I had a restful night. Don't think it has anything to do with the ZMA...

Stay tuned for day 3.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Morning All,

Was fortunate enough to actually hit a gym vs my own basement one. Felt good to have an atmosphere around me and see all the HS kids walking around showing off their 12 inch pipes.

Decided to hit back:

4 sets lat pulldowns wide grip to the front
4 sets v bar to front
4 sets db rows
4 sets (brain fog right now) - machine where you sit in and bring the bar from over your head to your stomach

4 sets triceps push downs v-bar
4 sets single arm pull downs (palm facing up)

Unfortunately something set off my bladder last night as I was up very frequently hitting the bathroom so I can't say I had a restful night. Don't think it has anything to do with the ZMA...

Stay tuned for day 3.
I agree, its nice to get out of the basement some times and lift at a gym around other people. Gives you a chance to mix things up a bit with other machines.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi guys/Gals,

Apologies for the radio silences I was working through a couple of things but seem to be on track.
The first few days (2/3 to be exact) were a little weird. I generally dose about 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach but unfortunately the product seemed to be putting me in “nap mode”. I would fall asleep then wake up 1 – 1 ½ hrs later fully refreshed but unable to go to sleep for 2-3 hours. Definitely something I was not fond of.
I contacted Brucega and let him know I was thinking of aborting. He mentioned everyone’s system was different and maybe I needed a few days for the body to attenuate to this. Glad I took his advice.
Been training hard and Friday through last night have been great, good sleep, waking refreshed. I have been training harder than usual (heck it’s a new Year) so I can’t say I see and decrease in muscle soreness as of yet but I do like the product.
I have been doing more cardio, sweating as at least I know I am replenishing some of the minerals I am losing.
In hindsight, if this is supposed to decrease muscle soreness, I am sure complimenting this with GF-AMA would make a very potent muscle recovery blend.
Thanks for reading and have a great Monday!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi guys/Gals,

Apologies for the radio silences I was working through a couple of things but seem to be on track.
The first few days (2/3 to be exact) were a little weird. I generally dose about 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach but unfortunately the product seemed to be putting me in “nap mode”. I would fall asleep then wake up 1 – 1 ½ hrs later fully refreshed but unable to go to sleep for 2-3 hours. Definitely something I was not fond of.
I contacted Brucega and let him know I was thinking of aborting. He mentioned everyone’s system was different and maybe I needed a few days for the body to attenuate to this. Glad I took his advice.
Been training hard and Friday through last night have been great, good sleep, waking refreshed. I have been training harder than usual (heck it’s a new Year) so I can’t say I see and decrease in muscle soreness as of yet but I do like the product.
I have been doing more cardio, sweating as at least I know I am replenishing some of the minerals I am losing.
In hindsight, if this is supposed to decrease muscle soreness, I am sure complimenting this with GF-AMA would make a very potent muscle recovery blend.
Thanks for reading and have a great Monday!
GF-AMA, Recover ZMA, Rehab, REM 8.0 ultimate bedtime recovery stack! Glad you stuck with it bro! I wonder what it was that was doing it to you those first few days.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You know the body, it's an interesting machine.

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
If you are taking REM 8.0 there is not a need to take Recover with it. It has those ingredients along with others to the blend.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,

2 day update, apologies for not day to day but work and home life has been a little busier but am here to the fullest.
Monday night was an interesting night, took my 3 caps ad hit the rack about 10/10:30,good restful sleep until my son woke me at 4:00 Tuesday morning with a bad dream. He was able to go back to sleep but Daddy was not. Fortunately enough I did feel pretty well rested and decided to have an early workout.
30 minutes of cardio
Hamstrings (4 sets walking lunges and 10 sets of stiff leggeds
Calfs – 4 sets of seated raises.
20 minutes of Cardio – close out

This morning; Weds work up with very little soreness which I always get when doing hams, it was a very pleasant surprise.
Stay tuned

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi guys,

2 day update, apologies for not day to day but work and home life has been a little busier but am here to the fullest.
Monday night was an interesting night, took my 3 caps ad hit the rack about 10/10:30,good restful sleep until my son woke me at 4:00 Tuesday morning with a bad dream. He was able to go back to sleep but Daddy was not. Fortunately enough I did feel pretty well rested and decided to have an early workout.
30 minutes of cardio
Hamstrings (4 sets walking lunges and 10 sets of stiff leggeds
Calfs - 4 sets of seated raises.
20 minutes of Cardio - close out

This morning; Weds work up with very little soreness which I always get when doing hams, it was a very pleasant surprise.
Stay tuned
I know what that's like! But I'm up at 415 to workout every day and my wife rarely let's me go to sleep before 10 lol

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
All,

Trial continues to be positive, workout and Cardio in the morning, bi's yesterday and tri's this morning. Sleep has been great and IMO better sleep = better workouts in the morning.

Sorry my logs are not as indepth as others but hard to report on something else aside from better, sleep and better recoup times but thus far, very pleased as I always am with Formutech products.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All,

Trial continues to be positive, workout and Cardio in the morning, bi's yesterday and tri's this morning. Sleep has been great and IMO better sleep = better workouts in the morning.

Sorry my logs are not as indepth as others but hard to report on something else aside from better, sleep and better recoup times but thus far, very pleased as I always am with Formutech products.
Thanks for the update brother! Better sleep = better workouts = better gains!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi All,

So let me say that today I have probably seen the biggest benefits of this product. Did a heavy leg workout that consisted of
5 sets Leg Extensions
10 sets of Squats what I call 1 ½’s)
I was expecting pain today but not sore at all. As always another great product from Formutech.

As an aside - would not recommend taking this with a benadryl chaser. Had a little insomnia last night and maybe an hour after taking Recover I decided to take some benadryl as I was out of Melatonin. Unfortunately today I am in a fog and feel somewhat hungover where I didn't have a drop of alcohol this whole weekend!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi All,

So let me say that today I have probably seen the biggest benefits of this product. Did a heavy leg workout that consisted of
5 sets Leg Extensions
10 sets of Squats what I call 1 ½’s)
I was expecting pain today but not sore at all. As always another great product from Formutech.

As an aside - would not recommend taking this with a benadryl chaser. Had a little insomnia last night and maybe an hour after taking Recover I decided to take some benadryl as I was out of Melatonin. Unfortunately today I am in a fog and feel somewhat hungover where I didn't have a drop of alcohol this whole weekend!
benedryl does that to me every time, I can't stand it!! Happy to see you're reaping the benefits of Recover now, leg day is always the roughest (at least for me) so when I see a product makes a noticeable difference for me on squats its a winner 100%

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi All,

Been a little bit of a hectic week as I have the junk that has been going around, not full flu but head cold and cough so been laying low on the workout. It's always..do I work through it and breakdown the immune system more OR take the time off. I generally do the first but this week it has been the latter. I am continuing use of Recover as Zinc is a good immune system builder.

One thing I have noticed with this as well as most ZMA supplements are my dreams are more vivid, in color and sometimes a little more out there then expected.

Make it a Great Thursday.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi All,

Been a little bit of a hectic week as I have the junk that has been going around, not full flu but head cold and cough so been laying low on the workout. It's always..do I work through it and breakdown the immune system more OR take the time off. I generally do the first but this week it has been the latter. I am continuing use of Recover as Zinc is a good immune system builder.

One thing I have noticed with this as well as most ZMA supplements are my dreams are more vivid, in color and sometimes a little more out there then expected.

Make it a Great Thursday.
interesting info on the dreams

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The use of Recover continues to go swimmingly. On some muscles DOMS has diminished where others it remains the same.
One thing I have noticed is that I am sleeping maybe 1- 1 1/2 hrs lesss less but have been waking up refreshed, perhaps as my sleep has been deeper, this is the only thing I can attest to. As always another great product from Formutech.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The use of Recover continues to go swimmingly. On some muscles DOMS has diminished where others it remains the same.
One thing I have noticed is that I am sleeping maybe 1- 1 1/2 hrs lesss less but have been waking up refreshed, perhaps as my sleep has been deeper, this is the only thing I can attest to. As always another great product from Formutech.
thanks for the update, my man! glad it's going well for ya, I've seen a really nice effect on my sleep with it too

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
All,

I am winding down my this log as it has been a good run with Recover.

Pro’s

· Allows you to get into a very heavy sleep which many people are not able to do
· If you are very active and sweat a lot, this is a great product to use to replenish necessary minerals that are lost through sweating
· Since Zinc is one of the minerals in this product, it is great for immune boosting
· Some evidence that ZMA supplementation decreases muscle soreness

Cons (not really)
· I needed a three day attenuation period for this product to work efficiently, not really a con but rather an observation
· Very colorful/vivid and sometimes quite interesting dreams

All in all, another great product. Many times overlooked but if you have $20 to spend on an additional supplement, Recover is one to consider.

As always I am truly appreciative for the ability to try another Formutech product. I like a handful of companies but only because I like product X from company Y, product A from company B etc, but I can truly say Formutech is a very well rounded company. Aside from not offering protein, they truly have a great depth of products.

I continue to look forward to new products.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All,

I am winding down my this log as it has been a good run with Recover.

Pro’s

· Allows you to get into a very heavy sleep which many people are not able to do
· If you are very active and sweat a lot, this is a great product to use to replenish necessary minerals that are lost through sweating
· Since Zinc is one of the minerals in this product, it is great for immune boosting
· Some evidence that ZMA supplementation decreases muscle soreness

Cons (not really)
· I needed a three day attenuation period for this product to work efficiently, not really a con but rather an observation
· Very colorful/vivid and sometimes quite interesting dreams

All in all, another great product. Many times overlooked but if you have $20 to spend on an additional supplement, Recover is one to consider.

As always I am truly appreciative for the ability to try another Formutech product. I like a handful of companies but only because I like product X from company Y, product A from company B etc, but I can truly say Formutech is a very well rounded company. Aside from not offering protein, they truly have a great depth of products.

I continue to look forward to new products.
thanks for the final review, Double S! I appreciate it! thats interesting feedback about the vivid dreams, can't say as it's happened to me but i wish it would!!

When you have time would you mind copy/pasting your review up in the product review secion on here and also on the page on Nutra?

thanks again!!