Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)

Page 7 of 47 First ... 25678912 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.
    Answers

First off bro never worry about posting stats here. I mean we all are here to learn and progress. I don't like posting pics of my fat lol but do to motivate and show the progress I've made. And every one I mean every one has a weak body part. I'm like you imo my biceps have always been weak compared to other parts. One thing I started doing a couple months ago a friend showed me was spider curls. IMO that was one hell of a workout bro!

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    1-25-13

Arms/cardio

Just a warning my biceps are weak, I'm embarrassed to post numbers but will do so anyway.

Cross body hammer curls
    2 warmups

35x9 40x8 (pr) 40x7

EZ bar preacher squeeze at top for 2-3 secs

60x10 70x9(pr) 70x7.5

EZ bar curls standing 3 sec neg

60x9 60x8 60x7.5 drop 40x15

DB Alt curls

25x13 25x12

Rope push downs squeeze at bottom

110x15 120x12 120x11(pr for this set) 120x9 drop 90x9

Bench dips

+45x20 +60x15 +70x14

Incl oh ext skull crushers

60x16 70x14 70x12 drop 40x17

All 30 sec rests in between this is a killer for me really gets the blood pumping!

30 min cardio stairs HR 125-135

OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!
    Lecheek Nutrition/Genomyx REP

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Nice workout man. Have you tried mixing up the bi and tri work at all? For phase 1 I went set for set with the hammer curls and pushdowns, then alternated exercises. The first 2 exercises really got the blood flowing and the rest kept my arms pumped throughout.
    I actually always do it that way, I just thought I'd do it separate the first two weeks for something diff. Ima go back to set for set next week. Thanks bro

Independent

3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    Nice work in here bean!
    Thanks bud

Independent

•   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Like they say:"It's not about where you start,but where you finish". Consistency and effort will take you where you want to be Bean.
    Thanks AZ you are correct sir!

Independent

5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I actually always do it that way, I just thought I'd do it separate the first two weeks for something diff. Ima go back to set for set next week. Thanks bro

Sounds good. Keep killing it bean!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Sounds good. Keep killing it bean!
    Most def will. Only improving week to week!

Independent

7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Answers

How are you likin those cross body hammer curls? I'd never done em before. After 3 warm up sets and 3 working sets all with 30 sec rest I'm pumped to the max lol 3 sec. EZ bars are killers too
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Answers

You are right! Thanks for the kick in the ass bro. I'm focussing on mind muscle connection and for for the first time really so progression is where it's at! Thanks fellas

glad to help out whenever i can! if it was easy everybody would do it! theres only a select few that can handle the stress, demand, and dedication it takes to get to your level. I cant tell you how many people i see give up cause they cant handle the DOMS, dont wanna put in the clean calories and give up their big macs, and get mad/ and or depressed cause they dont look like big lou or sonia gonzales after 2 weeks of running on the treadmill and doing a few leg extensions. your a special breed and dont let anybody tell you different!

Nice workout man. Have you tried mixing up the bi and tri work at all? For phase 1 I went set for set with the hammer curls and pushdowns, then alternated exercises. The first 2 exercises really got the blood flowing and the rest kept my arms pumped throughout.
    ^^THIS!

superset hammer curls with tri rope pushdowns! 6x12 that are perfectly controlled and done with perfect form 4 seconds up and 4 seconds down with both exercises. on the contraction focus on squeezing as hard as you can the whole way up and letting the contraction "roll" out as slow and controlled as you can. be sure to squeeze the **** outa the dumbell and rope! and dont puss out and grab the rope at the bottom! grab it right in the middle and hold on tight! talk about a new level of deep burn! rest a minute between sets. your entire arm will be on fire for hours! forearms? fugheta 'bout it! your arms will be so sore two days later that you wont be able to pick up a pencil or wash your hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    First off bro never worry about posting stats here. I mean we all are here to learn and progress. I don't like posting pics of my fat lol but do to motivate and show the progress I've made. And every one I mean every one has a weak body part. I'm like you imo my biceps have always been weak compared to other parts. One thing I started doing a couple months ago a friend showed me was spider curls. IMO that was one hell of a workout bro!
    Thanks bro I agree but it help keep me motivated and progress.

Independent

10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    How are you likin those cross body hammer curls? I'd never done em before. After 3 warm up sets and 3 working sets all with 30 sec rest I'm pumped to the max lol 3 sec. EZ bars are killers too
    Def like them with those short rests, still working on form they hurt my shoulders last week, this week way better!

Independent

11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    check your ego at the door bro! your at the gym for a reason! your arms might not be your strong suit but that is just the place where you will see the most improvement! dont worry about the weight worry about the progress! your killin and dont let something like that detract you from the ultimate goal which is being on top!

remember that arnold lost the first time because of his calves, it never stopped him and he came back that next year with the best lookin hocks out of the lineup! weakness is motivation, not a hinderance!
    MANotaur, reps bro! Opening statement says it all.

Bean, I am a strength coach for several high school students. That is my opening statement to them. Leave the ego, it doesn't matter how weak strong or big you are. Everyone is here to accomplish a goal. If we were walking Adontis' then we would have no need for the gym. It's good to know your weak points so you train them harder. Everyone has a weak point on their body. Keep killing those arms.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post

Bean, I am a strength coach for several high school students. That is my opening statement to them. Leave the ego, it doesn't matter how weak strong or big you are. Everyone is here to accomplish a goal. If we were walking Adontis' then we would have no need for the gym. It's good to know your weak points so you train them harder. Everyone has a weak point on their body. Keep killing those arms.
    thank you sir! I couldnt agree with you more!

Are you CSCS??

13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post

Thank you sir as well, I will work on that ego check for sure, I've been doing great with it accept today for some reason. I appreciate you being in here!

Independent

14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Great thread here folks!

Bean : doing awesome plus you've got a great bunch who've got your back around here - keep killing it!!!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Great thread here folks!

Bean : doing awesome plus you've got a great bunch who've got your back around here - keep killing it!!!
    Thanks Liz!! Believe me I will not let you all down 110% always :-)

Independent

16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Little update

Well if I ever focking get let off work the wife and I are headed to a condo for a short little stay over the weekend. Going to go home and prep my food for the next 36 hrs. No gym where we are going but ill get up tomorrow for some cardio then I plan on utilizing the pool for some more cardio while I'm up there. We will gr back just in time to assault legs Sunday afternoon. Diet won't waiver i ain't even worried ill have all my food etc .

Independent

17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  139 lbs.
    Answers

Nice dude. Get away time is always needed bud. Keep crushing it.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/216136-finaflex-1-andro.htmlCurrent log belowhttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/redefine-nutrition/226014-getting-bigger-leaner.html#post3893348

18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    thank you sir! I couldnt agree with you more!

Are you CSCS??
    No sir, certified Master Fitness Instructor. I got into strength training bc of my wife. She had a client that was a local high school weight lifting coach that always asked about me training people. He would see me at the gym training. He asked her if I would mind helping with a few new kids, on the side after school. I figured I could spare some time an have been doing it a few years now. I will probably get my cscs this year. Figured at the rate the high school weightlifting and sports in general are growing and parents willing to pay for training I might as well.

I worked with two college baseball players last off season it was amazing to she the strength and conditioning they gained. I spoke to ones dad the day before yesterday, his son just got back from sitting down with a respected, highly respected, organization. He has a very promising future. He's is 6-4 215 and runs a 4.8-4.9, 40. He has some insane work ethic too. I was impressed with his athleticism.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Little update

Well if I ever focking get let off work the wife and I are headed to a condo for a short little stay over the weekend. Going to go home and prep my food for the next 36 hrs. No gym where we are going but ill get up tomorrow for some cardio then I plan on utilizing the pool for some more cardio while I'm up there. We will gr back just in time to assault legs Sunday afternoon. Diet won't waiver i ain't even worried ill have all my food etc .

Bro enjoy it nothing like some family time to get away. And who needs the gym when your away with the Mrs. hmmm I can think of ways to workout and have some fun lol
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!
    Lecheek Nutrition/Genomyx REP

20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I plan on utilizing the pool for some more cardio while I'm up there.
    swimming = exquisite cardio
    very underrated exercise and huge energy expenditure if done correctly
    dig it!
    enjoy your w/e my friend
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com

21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Go recharge your batteries champ and enjoy some quality time with your wife!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

22. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post

Bro enjoy it nothing like some family time to get away. And who needs the gym when your away with the Mrs. hmmm I can think of ways to workout and have some fun lol
    Haha I will bud thanks.

Independent

23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    swimming = exquisite cardio
    very underrated exercise and huge energy expenditure if done correctly
    dig it!
    enjoy your w/e my friend
    Very very true snags!! I don't normally have access to a pool so I'm actually looking forward to testing myself !

Independent

24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Go recharge your batteries champ and enjoy some quality time with your wife!
    I def will AZ thank you sir!

Independent

25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Take a break bro! Where's the condo at?? Me and the ram are goin to our place in park city in feb! Hittin up sundance!! Maybe ill score a gig or meet the right person to get an in with!! Haha

~ MANotaur

26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

So I didn't end up doing cardio, worked till almost 9 pm last night ugh. Then spent two hours prepping my food for the w/e. did get up at 5 ish cuz I was hungry so I slammed my shake got back in bed and had a Horny companion waiting there ;-). Got about 20 mins of cardio I. Then slept till 830 am. Feel great pop undone another meal them out the door we go, have a safe W/e fellas

Independent

27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Answers

So I didn't end up doing cardio, worked till almost 9 pm last night ugh. Then spent two hours prepping my food for the w/e. did get up at 5 ish cuz I was hungry so I slammed my shake got back in bed and had a Horny companion waiting there ;-). Got about 20 mins of cardio I. Then slept till 830 am. Feel great pop undone another meal them out the door we go, have a safe W/e fellas

Perfect way to kick off the weekend haha

~ MANotaur

28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Answers

20 mins is entirely too long man. What are you tryin to prove
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

AM party at the condo???
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com

30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

What? There's a party?! I'll bring the keg
    Independent Review

31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

20 mins is entirely too long man. What are you tryin to prove
    Haha I know right!

Independent

32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    AM party at the condo???
    You know brother. Focking beast Avi bro. Ill get there soon!

Independent

33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    What? There's a party?! I'll bring the keg
    Haha no keg bro, my bro in law had an I've cold kokanee the other night, fock that smelled great cannot wait to have one!

Independent

34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Haha no keg bro, my bro in law had an I've cold kokanee the other night, fock that smelled great cannot wait to have one!

Mmm. I had three beers today. It was awesome
    Independent Review

35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Mmm. I had three beers today. It was awesome
    jerk

well you're goin all to hell these days aren't pal?

a fast-food burger in that thread..fries over here in another thread..beer here
    (worst alcohol you can drink damn near)

soniamdissapoint

36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

jerk

well you're goin all to hell these days aren't pal?

a fast-food burger in that thread..fries over here in another thread..beer here
    (worst alcohol you can drink damn near)

soniamdissapoint
    It was a 3 day refeed Snags! Lol. I know I just fell apart recently but I'm back on track today. Shooting for <2500 cals today all in the green. Hiking plus some core work tonight. Won't disappoint again man
    Independent Review

37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Won't disappoint again man
    benefit of doubt, this one time..
    don't make me come at you again bro

38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

benefit of doubt, this one time..
    don't make me come at you again bro
    Yut!
    Independent Review

39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Alright made it back In one piece lol, no cheating on diet, although I slept in today and threw off my eating schedule but I think I'm on track.

Did legs today wasn't feeling all that well but made it through. Spent a ton of time swimming in the pool with my 4 yr old son so I don't know if that took it outta me or what. The water 90 degrees.

10 min warmup

Seated calves

3x12/12/12

Leg press calves

3x12/11/10

Ham curls

3x20/20/15/12/8

SLDL

2x10

Leg press

590x12
    610x11
    610x10

Hack squat on smith Mach

155x15
    185x10
    185x9

1 min quad stretch after ea leg twice this hurt today

20 min cardio on stairs HR 130-135 my ****ing feel kept falling asleep after the 15 min mark

I can't remember my weight off the top of my head on curls somewhere around 90 I believe and 2 plates on seated calves and 3plates a side on other calf exercise.

Starting to feel groggy right now or run down hope I'm not getting anything. Loaded up on extra glutamine today and vit c. Also sipping on BCAAs.

Switching up the routine a little. I'm going to hit chest twice a week for a bit, I know it's not in the MD program but I've never done this so I want to see if I spark any new growth doing this.

Independent

40. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Answers

nice work with the leg work and cardio bro!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. DW 1st contest prep
    By Distilled Water in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
  2. 6 Week Contest Prep - Duda "Muuy" Bueno
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 23