Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)

Page 28 of 75 First ... 2627282930 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0
    hmmm..not too sure about that one, bud
    i understand bloating, and if that is the difference for you (ie bloating on certain things but not others), then that is valid for you
    but - saying that one of these carbs makes one perform better than any other..huh uh
    not buying it
    Ill take a strong placebo effect. Im not a scientist i dont care much why it works but for me theres a huge difference. 35g wms preworkout i feel.like crap workout suffers. 35g vitargo feel good workout much better. Same with zero carbs pre workout, maybe i just never got used to training totally fasted but theres a noticible difference for me with carbs pre workout
    All posts by mattys4 are the result of a very creative imagination and should not be considered advice nor taken seriously

2. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    btw - for a preWO carb source (IF i need one at all), i much prefer oats & perhaps a banana
    That is exactly what I use!!
    48g egg white protein
    75g dry oats
    1 large banana
    Water and Ice
    All in a blender :-)

Yum yum yum

Independent
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0
    btw - for a preWO carb source (IF i need one at all), i much prefer oats & perhaps a banana
    Right thats what works for you. From trial and error you know what works.for you best. I workout 5am daily just get up throw together a custom preworkout and off i go
    All posts by mattys4 are the result of a very creative imagination and should not be considered advice nor taken seriously

4. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er

48g egg white protein
    75g dry oats
    1 large banana
    Water and Ice

Yum yum yum

Preworkout you use this?

5. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    His main point in that rant was geared more towards how he was sick of supp companies like AdvoCare advertise no sugar in products yet malto is an ingredient.
    absolutely
    the old catch-phrase "hidden glucose polymers" applies to many of these products advertised as "no-sugar"..
    when in fact, the ingredients (not understood by the average joe) do in fact play a major role in blood glucose levels and insulin response

Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Ill take a strong placebo effect. Im not a scientist i dont care much why it works but for me theres a huge difference. 35g wms preworkout i feel.like crap workout suffers. 35g vitargo feel good workout much better. Same with zero carbs pre workout, maybe i just never got used to training totally fasted but theres a noticible difference for me with carbs pre workout
    this is an example of insulin-response, and why each of these items you mention have a different effect/response in you, individually

is why NONE of these can be called the be-all/end-all, because metabolisms are different on an individual basis
    so, there is no right nor wrong answer here..

hence the old saying: "whatever works for you"
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    48g egg white protein
    75g dry oats
    1 large banana
    Water and Ice
    NICE!

Preworkout you use this?
    all in the timing my friend
    instead of the 30-45min (or less) before WO you take in your preWO shake, i'm sure beans has this 60-90min (or even 2hrs) preWO, much more suitable to digest, and much preferable IMO for useful energy/endurance/insulin response

7. I was curious i use pretty much the same thing before my afternoon workouts. I love it. And your right bout 60 -90 minutes preworkout and your ready to party. This would be my preferred method. Just with WPI instead of egg protein

8. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

48g egg white protein
    75g dry oats
    1 large banana
    Water and Ice

Yum yum yum

Yes. This about an hour to two hours prior is a big win in my book
    Independent Review

9. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post

Preworkout you use this?
    Yessir!

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    NICE!

:-)

instead of the 30-45min (or less) before WO you take in your preWO shake, i'm sure beans has this 60-90min (or even 2hrs) preWO, much more suitable to digest, and much preferable IMO for useful energy/endurance/insulin response
    Is around 45-60 mins pre.

I was curious i use pretty much the same thing before my afternoon workouts. I love it. And your right bout 60 -90 minutes preworkout and your ready to party. This would be my preferred method. Just with WPI instead of egg protein
    I love it
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

Big win!

Independent

10. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    NICE!

I was curious i use pretty much the same thing before my afternoon workouts. I love it. And your right bout 60 -90 minutes preworkout and your ready to party. This would be my preferred method. Just with WPI instead of egg protein
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

Yessir!

Is around 45-60 mins pre.

I love it

Big win!

Honestly I have to eat whole food within an hour before training or I an starving during.. Also keep in mind I have a really fast metabolism and I tend to spend about two plus hours in the gym, between a half hour to 45 minutes prehab then about one to one and a half hours lifting

11. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Honestly I have to eat whole food within an hour before training or I an starving during.. Also keep in mind I have a really fast metabolism and I tend to spend about two plus hours in the gym, between a half hour to 45 minutes prehab then about one to one and a half hours lifting
    the simple answer here is: you are in the gym too long
    no need to be training for that long
    hopefully you are at least consuming bcaa pre/intra

12. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

Snags with a simple answer! He does it all! Kidding aside bud I agree 100%. If I'm in there for more than 60-70mins I'm pissed, now don't get me wrong I am currently in there a bit longer trying to get my cardio in but off season I'm in there 45 mins tops!

Independent

13. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Snags with a simple answer!
    i have my moments..surprise you every once in awhile

14. I'm in usually around an hour and a half, but my volume is usually higher especially since I was just doin gvt and I never did an exercise for any less than 8 sets.... But I don't have a gym anymore! I have a wife and a few heavy ass books!

~ MANotaur
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

15. I'm usually an hour and 35 minutes with cardio
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

16. i have definitive views on training
    off the top: 45min is good timing for weights, 60min at the most
    anymore than this, and you need to pick up the pace and speed things up..stop talking to ppl
    even the largest volume workouts should not take 90min (or - gasp! - more)
    as for cardio - well i have definitive views on this as well
    if you weight train then follow with cardio, okay..but - 30min is the most i would advise for cardio here, and that would be LISS (my personal preference would actually be HIIT, and of course 15-20min max is all that is needed here)

so:
    45min weight + 20min HIIT = BOOM!
    all your training needs accomplished in short timespan

many ppl do things (extended training an example) that may emotionally feel "good" to them, but intellectually are actually detracting from their goal of building muscle

17. Pretty much what I prefer here snags minus the HIIT I know it has its benefits but for me it sends my appetite through the roof. I prefer LISS 30 mins tops after weights with some BCAAs! Works for me :-)

Independent

18. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Pretty much what I prefer here snags minus the HIIT I know it has its benefits but for me it sends my appetite through the roof. I prefer LISS 30 mins tops after weights with some BCAAs! Works for me :-)
    sure
    LISS provides a specific function, and i don't say it is not useful (in proper context)
    i personally simply have no use for it

19. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

I'm drinking recover pro intra.the longest part is my warmup. On leg days it takes around a half hour maybe slightly more to get everything moving properly before I squat then I'm training for between one hour and an hour and a half..
    Idk how people expect to train without proper mobility and smfr before hand.
    Yeah arm day I'm usually in and out within an hour or less

I'm not to worried about it (time spent at gym) though.. I went from 185 to 200 in the last three months, no sups no aas, just the staples.

And as far as starving, if I wait two hours after eating before I go I'll be starving no matter what, regardless of how long I take.

20. okay
    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I'm drinking recover pro intra.
    this is decent, at least you are getting nourishment intra
    Idk how people expect to train without proper mobility and smfr before hand.
    some would argue with the amount of "warm-up" you seem to require as "necessary", but okay..
    I'm not to worried about it (time spent at gym) though.. I went from 185 to 200 in the last three months, no sups no aas, just the staples.
    and this has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion about spending too much time in the gym, as it is neither a cause nor effect from your timeframe of gymtime
    there are many other factors that can explain your recent success of muscular acquisition, aside from pointing to your gym protocol as being the "cause" of it, or the fact that it may not be as beneficial to you as you assume

again, just technicalities here..i am not condemning, simply discussing
    to each their own

21. I'm loving all this great discussion in here. Much appreciated and again, so glad everyone is I'm here

Independent

22. Ya theres a lot of.good.stuff.going on in here.

23. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Ya theres a lot of.good.stuff.going on in here.
    all except your atrocious posts, with periods everywhere they don't belong

24. Squats 4 sec/ rep x 10 reps = 40 sec / set

Leg press 4 sec / rep x 12 reps = 48 sec/ set

Gastroc/soleus contractions 5 sec/ rep x15 reps= 75 seconds / per set

Leg extensions 3 sec/ rep x15 reps= 45 seconds/ set

Hamstring curls 3 seconds/ rep x 15 reps = 45 seconds / set

At 10 sets of squats that's 400 seconds of working time + 600 seconds for a one minute rest between sets = 1000 sec / squats

8 sets of leg press is 384 seconds of squats + 480 seconds of rest = 864 seconds / squats
    8 sets of calves = 1080 sec for calves
    6 sets of extensions = 630 sec
    6 sets of hammy curls = 630 sec

Total time is 2574 sec / 60 sec in a minute = 42.9 minutes

That's not including any rest between sets...literally no time
    No time for warm up
    No time to set up/ load up your weight
    No time for cardio
    No time for anything else

It's fair to say that 1 hours and a half is needed for a solid high volume workout

~ MANotaur
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

25. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Squats 4 sec/ rep x 10 reps = 40 sec / set

Leg press 4 sec / rep x 12 reps = 48 sec/ set

Gastroc/soleus contractions 5 sec/ rep x15 reps= 75 seconds / per set

Leg extensions 3 sec/ rep x15 reps= 45 seconds/ set

Hamstring curls 3 seconds/ rep x 15 reps = 45 seconds / set

At 10 sets of squats that's 400 seconds of working time + 600 seconds for a one minute rest between sets = 1000 sec / squats

8 sets of leg press is 384 seconds of squats + 480 seconds of rest = 864 seconds / squats
    8 sets of calves = 1080 sec for calves
    6 sets of extensions = 630 sec
    6 sets of hammy curls = 630 sec

Total time is 2574 sec / 60 sec in a minute = 42.9 minutes

That's not including any rest between sets...literally no time
    No time for warm up
    No time to set up/ load up your weight
    No time for cardio
    No time for anything else

It's fair to say that 1 hours and a half is needed for a solid high volume workout

~ MANotaur
    Lmao nice work buddy. I agree my leg day are at least 60 mins. Other than that my weight sessions are usually no more than 40-45 mins

Independent
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. DW 1st contest prep
    By Distilled Water in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 12:42 PM
  2. Last week of cutting, contest on Nov. 8
    By luisfershredd in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 04:14 PM
  3. 2 week Bulk then start contest prep