Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)

Page 19 of 63 First ... 1718192021 ... Last

1. How close is the comp? Is the cold gunna mess you up?

2. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

Dumb ****s

~ MANotaur
    Lol d I c k h e a d

Independent
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    How close is the comp? Is the cold gunna mess you up?
    No I'm still 13 weeks out I believe just a little bump in the road. Diet is still on track just haven't had much of an appetite the last couple days which happened to be my two high carb days. Lol

Independent

4. Dang bro 13 weeks?! You have plenty of time haha....

5. Morning weight upon rising is 188.4 today that's up 6 lbs in 4 weeks I think lol.

Going in to hit chest today, higher rep range focus on contraction. Bad sore throat today little groggy but whatever.

Independent

6. So in the last 30 days you added 6lbs and are still getting leaner?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Wilpit View Post
    So in the last 30 days you added 6lbs and are still getting leaner?
    Indeed I am lol. I venture to say the HCG is working. I didn't gain 5 lbs in 8 weeks my last clean bulk emphasis on clean btw.

Independent

8. Leanness hasn't changed much this week as I've barely done any cardio this week with this cough.

Independent

9. That's great work man. Keep that up.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Wilpit View Post
    That's great work man. Keep that up.
    Will do brother! You as well. Should look like a tard later today as we have a posing practice withe rest of the team, I think I'm the only noob in the group lol

Independent
    •   

11. Lol that's funny. I've never posed and when I attempt to for pics I feel like an idiot and look horrible. Def harder than it looks. Have fun with that.

12. posing is incredibly tough to do correctly..it is an art form indeed

it can also make you or break you - be the difference between winning with perhaps a slightly less impressive physique than someone else, or losing despite being the best built dude on stage

my .02 - take posing to heart, and nail all mandatory shots
    also learn to accentuate what is your strong points, and hide what may otherwise be lacking

13. Quote Originally Posted by Wilpit View Post
    Lol that's funny. I've never posed and when I attempt to for pics I feel like an idiot and look horrible. Def harder than it looks. Have fun with that.
    Yes should be interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    posing is incredibly tought to do correctly..it is an art form indeed

it can also make you or break you - be the difference between winning with perhaps a slightly less impressive physique than someone else, or losing despite being the best built dude on stage

my .02 - take posing to heart, and nail all mandatory shots
    also learn to accentuate what is your strong points, and hide what may otherwise be lacking
    I'm taking it to heart, my coach feels pretty strongly already that my build is great but has been stressing posing, he is very experienced and I'm nervous but excited to learn whatever I can. I def know important this aspect is!

Thanks Snags!

Independent

14. Practice posing daily bro. Its hard up on stage and smile smile smile. Seriously its hard to hold a pose and dake smile
    All posts by mattys4 are the result of a very creative imagination and should not be considered advice nor taken seriously
    **** Sports Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

15. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Practice posing daily bro. Its hard up on stage and smile smile smile. Seriously its hard to hold a pose and dake smile
    Thanks bro your experience is appreciated glad to have you along Matty! I'm a little concerned about dropping weight too quickly with eca and ht2 Matty, probly just gonna run one cap/day for a bit

Independent

16. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er

Thanks bro your experience is appreciated glad to have you along Matty! I'm a little concerned about dropping weight too quickly with eca and ht2 Matty, probly just gonna run one cap/day for a bit

Ya 1 should be fine bro use 2 if needed but i rarely did
    All posts by mattys4 are the result of a very creative imagination and should not be considered advice nor taken seriously

17. whats going ons?

13 wks left. Plenty of time. 8lbs in 4 weeks while leaning out, very nice. Posing I have no experience with but listen to the folks in the know like Matt

keep er going hard and rough!
    Independent Review

18. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    whats going ons?

13 wks left. Plenty of time. 8lbs in 4 weeks while leaning out, very nice. Posing I have no experience with but listen to the folks in the know like Matt

PalmFist brother... Your in my thread as well as all my bros here! Your in the fam now!
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

19. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    whats going ons?

Rough and tough with my Afro puffs! Yes I did just say that! Heading off to go make a fool of myself posing now!

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post

PalmFist brother... Your in my thread as well as all my bros here! Your in the fam now!
    Good people for sure!

Independent

20. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

Honestly i wouldnt even worry about a fat burner right now your so far out!

21. Great stuff bean!

Yeah, posing looks like it would be tough... I can get on stage for music no problem, but posing would be a whole different world
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

22. Posing is something you should practice everyday. While working out. Everytime you practice you should act like the judges are in front. Also watch alot of videos on it. Theres a couple on youtube.

23. Posing and smiling. The fake smile is hard to get down. Its hard to hold a pose and fake smile without just looking like you are going to poop your pants. I would video myself posing and set times aside, consider it part of your workout. Like Madds was saying you may be too far out for fat burners, may want to wait till about 6 weeks out depending on where your at.

24. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Posing and smiling. The fake smile is hard to get down. Its hard to hold a pose and fake smile without just looking like you are going to poop your pants. I would video myself posing and set times aside, consider it part of your workout. Like Madds was saying you may be too far out for fat burners, may want to wait till about 6 weeks out depending on where your at.
    Yeah you never wanna be ready to early..... that sucks... i have a hard time smiling also... lol in pictures its funny seeing the face i make.... its always while im breathing out lol....

But def save the fat burner for like four weeks out. If diet is on point you should be able to get to prime w/o fat burner.

Think of it thia way. Your body adapts so dont do the extreme things first... save your fat loss tricks for last. Im tellin you you will be fine sir.

My last comp i took a fat burner to early... and i only trained for a 10 weeks prep. So focus on little cardio and triple sets and mainly diet. Carbs are only for morning and after workout. No matter how many carbs your eating daily. Split in half for morning and other half for post... itll keep you real full.... and also drink bcaas all day everyday to keep as much muscle during this low calorie diet so you dont loose any muscle.

25. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Yeah you never wanna be ready to early..... that sucks... i have a hard time smiling also... lol in pictures its funny seeing the face i make.... its always while im breathing out lol....

But def save the fat burner for like four weeks out. If diet is on point you should be able to get to prime w/o fat burner.

Think of it thia way. Your body adapts so dont do the extreme things first... save your fat loss tricks for last. Im tellin you you will be fine sir.

My last comp i took a fat burner to early... and i only trained for a 10 weeks prep. So focus on little cardio and triple sets and mainly diet. Carbs are only for morning and after workout. No matter how many carbs your eating daily. Split in half for morning and other half for post... itll keep you real full.... and also drink bcaas all day everyday to keep as much muscle during this low calorie diet so you dont loose any muscle.

Ya the cardio and fat burners can be tricky. I drop weight fast with too much of either. If your diet is on point you should be able to make enough adjustments between that and cardio without adding in the burners to early. PLus I Know form extended fat burner use I feel really crappy after a few weeks

26. Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post

Honestly i wouldnt even worry about a fat burner right now your so far out!
    Oh I'm not using one for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Great stuff bean!

Thanks bud glad to have you

Yeah, posing looks like it would be tough... I can get on stage for music no problem, but posing would be a whole different world
    It's weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Posing is something you should practice everyday. While working out. Everytime you practice you should act like the judges are in front. Also watch alot of videos on it. Theres a couple on youtube.
    I see my coach a lot at the gym so he will have me dialed. I'm going to start practicing everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Posing and smiling. The fake smile is hard to get down. Its hard to hold a pose and fake smile without just looking like you are going to poop your pants. I would video myself posing and set times aside, consider it part of your workout. Like Madds was saying you may be too far out for fat burners, may want to wait till about 6 weeks out depending on where your at.
    I was originally going to start the two at 8 weeks but I'm going to wait and see. My coach is currently only concerned that I may be ready to early so he's giving me weekly refeeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post

Ya the cardio and fat burners can be tricky. I drop weight fast with too much of either. If your diet is on point you should be able to make enough adjustments between that and cardio without adding in the burners to early. PLus I Know form extended fat burner use I feel really crappy after a few weeks
    He told me today I look great thinks ill do real well. Told me to take it easy tomorrow on legs with the cough/cold I have and do minimal cardio until further notice.

Independent

27. So I showed up and was the only guy there! 9 pretty hot chicks and me lol. Felt retarded actually but it was a good learning experience.

Independent

28. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    So I showed up and was the only guy there! 9 pretty hot chicks and me lol. Felt retarded actually but it was a good learning experience.

haha just gotta make it fun. I wouldnt have been too upset with that.....Im married but its still fun to flirt

29. Haha not really what I meant, It just felt weird as I've never done any of this **** b4 I've followed most of these chicks at shows b4, very experienced. Felt dumb in that regard. But it was fine. Got two poses down so far.

Independent

30. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Haha not really what I meant, It just felt weird as I've never done any of this **** b4 I've followed most of these chicks at shows b4, very experienced. Felt dumb in that regard. But it was fine. Got two poses down so far.

awesome bro. Thats why the practice is so important cuz its wierd and akward so just being comfy with it is a challenge. You maybe not you but I on stage am on like auto pilot I set aside about 30 minutes a day every day the last 4 weeks just to pose.

Similar Forum Threads

1. DW 1st contest prep
    By Distilled Water in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 12:42 PM
  2. Last week of cutting, contest on Nov. 8
    By luisfershredd in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 04:14 PM
  3. 2 week Bulk then start contest prep
    By mdts in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation