Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 18

Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)

Page 18 of 47 First ... 13161718192023 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    That is exactly what I use!!
    48g egg white protein
    75g dry oats
    1 large banana
    Water and Ice
    All in a blender :-)
    NICE!

    Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Preworkout you use this?
    all in the timing my friend
    instead of the 30-45min (or less) before WO you take in your preWO shake, i'm sure beans has this 60-90min (or even 2hrs) preWO, much more suitable to digest, and much preferable IMO for useful energy/endurance/insulin response
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com

  2. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,846
    Rep Power
    2383077

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I was curious i use pretty much the same thing before my afternoon workouts. I love it. And your right bout 60 -90 minutes preworkout and your ready to party. This would be my preferred method. Just with WPI instead of egg protein
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
    XCEL SPORTS NUTRITION SPONSORED ATHLETE
    I am here to help please inbox me any questions
  3. Professional Member
    PalmFist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,293
    Rep Power
    1896201

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

    That is exactly what I use!!
    48g egg white protein
    75g dry oats
    1 large banana
    Water and Ice
    All in a blender :-)

    Yum yum yum

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Yes. This about an hour to two hours prior is a big win in my book
    Independent Review
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    bean5er's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,714
    Rep Power
    3925357

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post

    Preworkout you use this?
    Yessir!

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    NICE!

    :-)

    all in the timing my friend
    instead of the 30-45min (or less) before WO you take in your preWO shake, i'm sure beans has this 60-90min (or even 2hrs) preWO, much more suitable to digest, and much preferable IMO for useful energy/endurance/insulin response
    Is around 45-60 mins pre.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    I was curious i use pretty much the same thing before my afternoon workouts. I love it. And your right bout 60 -90 minutes preworkout and your ready to party. This would be my preferred method. Just with WPI instead of egg protein
    I love it
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

    Yes. This about an hour to two hours prior is a big win in my book
    Big win!

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent
  5. Senior Member
    aceroni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,692
    Rep Power
    1099636

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    NICE!

    all in the timing my friend
    instead of the 30-45min (or less) before WO you take in your preWO shake, i'm sure beans has this 60-90min (or even 2hrs) preWO, much more suitable to digest, and much preferable IMO for useful energy/endurance/insulin response
    Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    I was curious i use pretty much the same thing before my afternoon workouts. I love it. And your right bout 60 -90 minutes preworkout and your ready to party. This would be my preferred method. Just with WPI instead of egg protein
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

    Yes. This about an hour to two hours prior is a big win in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

    Yessir!

    Is around 45-60 mins pre.

    I love it

    Big win!

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Honestly I have to eat whole food within an hour before training or I an starving during.. Also keep in mind I have a really fast metabolism and I tend to spend about two plus hours in the gym, between a half hour to 45 minutes prehab then about one to one and a half hours lifting
  6. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Honestly I have to eat whole food within an hour before training or I an starving during.. Also keep in mind I have a really fast metabolism and I tend to spend about two plus hours in the gym, between a half hour to 45 minutes prehab then about one to one and a half hours lifting
    the simple answer here is: you are in the gym too long
    no need to be training for that long
    hopefully you are at least consuming bcaa pre/intra
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  7. Professional Member
    bean5er's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,714
    Rep Power
    3925357

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

    the simple answer here is: you are in the gym too long
    no need to be training for that long
    hopefully you are at least consuming bcaa pre/intra
    Snags with a simple answer! He does it all! Kidding aside bud I agree 100%. If I'm in there for more than 60-70mins I'm pissed, now don't get me wrong I am currently in there a bit longer trying to get my cardio in but off season I'm in there 45 mins tops!

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent
  8. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Snags with a simple answer!
    i have my moments..surprise you every once in awhile

    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  9. Senior Member
    MANotaur's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,393
    Rep Power
    450169

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'm in usually around an hour and a half, but my volume is usually higher especially since I was just doin gvt and I never did an exercise for any less than 8 sets.... But I don't have a gym anymore! I have a wife and a few heavy ass books!

    ~ MANotaur
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  10. Elite Member
    Danb2285's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,379
    Rep Power
    5892100

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'm usually an hour and 35 minutes with cardio
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  11. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    i have definitive views on training
    off the top: 45min is good timing for weights, 60min at the most
    anymore than this, and you need to pick up the pace and speed things up..stop talking to ppl
    even the largest volume workouts should not take 90min (or - gasp! - more)
    as for cardio - well i have definitive views on this as well
    if you weight train then follow with cardio, okay..but - 30min is the most i would advise for cardio here, and that would be LISS (my personal preference would actually be HIIT, and of course 15-20min max is all that is needed here)

    so:
    45min weight + 20min HIIT = BOOM!
    all your training needs accomplished in short timespan

    many ppl do things (extended training an example) that may emotionally feel "good" to them, but intellectually are actually detracting from their goal of building muscle
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  12. Professional Member
    bean5er's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,714
    Rep Power
    3925357

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Pretty much what I prefer here snags minus the HIIT I know it has its benefits but for me it sends my appetite through the roof. I prefer LISS 30 mins tops after weights with some BCAAs! Works for me :-)

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent
  13. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Pretty much what I prefer here snags minus the HIIT I know it has its benefits but for me it sends my appetite through the roof. I prefer LISS 30 mins tops after weights with some BCAAs! Works for me :-)
    sure
    LISS provides a specific function, and i don't say it is not useful (in proper context)
    i personally simply have no use for it
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  14. Senior Member
    aceroni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,692
    Rep Power
    1099636

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

    the simple answer here is: you are in the gym too long
    no need to be training for that long
    hopefully you are at least consuming bcaa pre/intra
    I'm drinking recover pro intra.the longest part is my warmup. On leg days it takes around a half hour maybe slightly more to get everything moving properly before I squat then I'm training for between one hour and an hour and a half..
    Idk how people expect to train without proper mobility and smfr before hand.
    Yeah arm day I'm usually in and out within an hour or less

    I'm not to worried about it (time spent at gym) though.. I went from 185 to 200 in the last three months, no sups no aas, just the staples.

    And as far as starving, if I wait two hours after eating before I go I'll be starving no matter what, regardless of how long I take.
  15. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    okay
    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I'm drinking recover pro intra.
    this is decent, at least you are getting nourishment intra
    Idk how people expect to train without proper mobility and smfr before hand.
    some would argue with the amount of "warm-up" you seem to require as "necessary", but okay..
    I'm not to worried about it (time spent at gym) though.. I went from 185 to 200 in the last three months, no sups no aas, just the staples.
    and this has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion about spending too much time in the gym, as it is neither a cause nor effect from your timeframe of gymtime
    there are many other factors that can explain your recent success of muscular acquisition, aside from pointing to your gym protocol as being the "cause" of it, or the fact that it may not be as beneficial to you as you assume

    again, just technicalities here..i am not condemning, simply discussing
    to each their own
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  16. Professional Member
    bean5er's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,714
    Rep Power
    3925357

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'm loving all this great discussion in here. Much appreciated and again, so glad everyone is I'm here

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent
  17. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,846
    Rep Power
    2383077

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Ya theres a lot of.good.stuff.going on in here.
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
    XCEL SPORTS NUTRITION SPONSORED ATHLETE
    I am here to help please inbox me any questions
  18. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Ya theres a lot of.good.stuff.going on in here.
    all except your atrocious posts, with periods everywhere they don't belong

    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  19. Senior Member
    MANotaur's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,393
    Rep Power
    450169

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Squats 4 sec/ rep x 10 reps = 40 sec / set

    Leg press 4 sec / rep x 12 reps = 48 sec/ set

    Gastroc/soleus contractions 5 sec/ rep x15 reps= 75 seconds / per set

    Leg extensions 3 sec/ rep x15 reps= 45 seconds/ set

    Hamstring curls 3 seconds/ rep x 15 reps = 45 seconds / set

    At 10 sets of squats that's 400 seconds of working time + 600 seconds for a one minute rest between sets = 1000 sec / squats

    8 sets of leg press is 384 seconds of squats + 480 seconds of rest = 864 seconds / squats
    8 sets of calves = 1080 sec for calves
    6 sets of extensions = 630 sec
    6 sets of hammy curls = 630 sec

    Total time is 2574 sec / 60 sec in a minute = 42.9 minutes

    That's not including any rest between sets...literally no time
    No time for warm up
    No time to set up/ load up your weight
    No time for cardio
    No time for anything else

    It's fair to say that 1 hours and a half is needed for a solid high volume workout

    ~ MANotaur
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  20. Professional Member
    bean5er's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,714
    Rep Power
    3925357

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Squats 4 sec/ rep x 10 reps = 40 sec / set

    Leg press 4 sec / rep x 12 reps = 48 sec/ set

    Gastroc/soleus contractions 5 sec/ rep x15 reps= 75 seconds / per set

    Leg extensions 3 sec/ rep x15 reps= 45 seconds/ set

    Hamstring curls 3 seconds/ rep x 15 reps = 45 seconds / set

    At 10 sets of squats that's 400 seconds of working time + 600 seconds for a one minute rest between sets = 1000 sec / squats

    8 sets of leg press is 384 seconds of squats + 480 seconds of rest = 864 seconds / squats
    8 sets of calves = 1080 sec for calves
    6 sets of extensions = 630 sec
    6 sets of hammy curls = 630 sec

    Total time is 2574 sec / 60 sec in a minute = 42.9 minutes

    That's not including any rest between sets...literally no time
    No time for warm up
    No time to set up/ load up your weight
    No time for cardio
    No time for anything else

    It's fair to say that 1 hours and a half is needed for a solid high volume workout

    ~ MANotaur
    Lmao nice work buddy. I agree my leg day are at least 60 mins. Other than that my weight sessions are usually no more than 40-45 mins

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent
  21. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    oh boy................

    Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Squats 4 sec/ rep x 10 reps = 40 sec / set
    faulty math..why 4sec per squat rep?
    Leg press 4 sec / rep x 12 reps = 48 sec/ set

    Gastroc/soleus contractions 5 sec/ rep x15 reps= 75 seconds / per set

    Leg extensions 3 sec/ rep x15 reps= 45 seconds/ set

    Hamstring curls 3 seconds/ rep x 15 reps = 45 seconds / set
    again - all these times you calculate for reps - they are all relative
    they can all be altered
    but bottom line: if you are practicing hi-volume approach, then you can alter your tempo protocol to shorten the overall duration of training
    At 10 sets of squats that's 400 seconds of working time + 600 seconds for a one minute rest between sets = 1000 sec / squats
    faulty math again
    8 sets of leg press is 384 seconds of squats + 480 seconds of rest = 864 seconds / squats
    8 sets of calves = 1080 sec for calves
    6 sets of extensions = 630 sec
    6 sets of hammy curls = 630 sec

    Total time is 2574 sec / 60 sec in a minute = 42.9 minutes
    again - all i can say is, start with mathematical error
    and then - change the rep tempo
    and then:
    That's not including any rest between sets...literally no time
    No time for warm up so, you warm up..doesn't take long
    No time to set up/ load up your weight you do that during rest periods
    No time for cardio when doing hi-volume and keeping good pace, no cardio is required..this is big failure, trying to combine them
    No time for anything else what else do you need time for =- chatting? KEEP MOVING!!
    answered in boldened above

    It's fair to say that 1 hours and a half is needed for a solid high volume workout
    no, it is not
    can some do it?
    sure
    does that mean YOU, as an individual, need to do it, in order to grow?
    simply, no
    can it backfire on you?
    yup
    show me a pic of you, that you "require" all this excessive training..

    if you are on heavy gear, perhaps i would change my point of view for you..
    as a natural training individual tho - no




    well, this has been a fun exercise
    sorry, i will regress from this thread again, as it seems to be taking on an argumentative tone
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  22. Senior Member
    MANotaur's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,393
    Rep Power
    450169

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Lol and that's moving fast dude! Lol only a minute between sets. I don't talk or bs around and it takes me a solid hour most days. To say that it shouldn't take more that 45 min is kinda off

    ~ MANotaur
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  23. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Lol and that's moving fast dude! Lol only a minute between sets. I don't talk or bs around and it takes me a solid hour most days. To say that it shouldn't take more that 45 min is kinda off
    no - simply, your understanding is off
    you pick apart a generality, and fit it into a literal context
    sry, i don't play that game
    the essence of your complaint is, that you cannot do a hi-volume session + cardio in less than 1.5hrs

    apparently, you miss the whole point of context, that being:
    you need NO cardio, if you are performing hi-volume, and keeping pace fluid and quick
    period
    therefore, your 1.5 timeframe disappears - irregardless of anything else you bring up (ie rep tempo/rest/etc)



    best
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  24. Senior Member
    mattys4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,846
    Rep Power
    2383077

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0
    all except your atrocious posts, with periods everywhere they don't belong

    Lol im trying to message from my phone
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
    XCEL SPORTS NUTRITION SPONSORED ATHLETE
    I am here to help please inbox me any questions
  25. Senior Member
    MANotaur's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,393
    Rep Power
    450169

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    oh boy................

    faulty math..why 4sec per squat rep?
    again - all these times you calculate for reps - they are all relative
    they can all be altered
    but bottom line: if you are practicing hi-volume approach, then you can alter your tempo protocol to shorten the overall duration of training
    faulty math again

    again - all i can say is, start with mathematical error
    and then - change the rep tempo
    and then:
    answered in boldened above

    no, it is not
    can some do it?
    sure
    does that mean YOU, as an individual, need to do it, in order to grow?
    simply, no
    can it backfire on you?
    yup
    show me a pic of you, that you "require" all this excessive training..

    if you are on heavy gear, perhaps i would change my point of view for you..
    as a natural training individual tho - no

    well, this has been a fun exercise
    sorry, i will regress from this thread again, as it seems to be taking on an argumentative tone
    You win I quit snaj gets the snatch.

    Ladies and gents we have the authority on training times who can tell me and everyone else I'm training wrong.

    Ill pm you later for advice!

    ~ MANotaur
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  26. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Ill pm you later for advice!
    please - don't bother
    i've no time to play games with such mentality you exhibit
    thx in advance
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  27. Senior Member
    aceroni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,692
    Rep Power
    1099636

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    no - simply, your understanding is off
    you pick apart a generality, and fit it into a literal context
    sry, i don't play that game
    the essence of your complaint is, that you cannot do a hi-volume session + cardio in less than 1.5hrs

    apparently, you miss the whole point of context, that being:
    you need NO cardio, if you are performing hi-volume, and keeping pace fluid and quick
    period
    therefore, your 1.5 timeframe disappears - irregardless of anything else you bring up (ie rep tempo/rest/etc)

    best
    Not trying to argue m8.
    Just saying what works for me.
    I should cut down training time, yes.


    but as far as warmup for squats, it takes a while.. I have a desk job so my lower half is ****ed as far as mobility.. I'm sure most people don't work three twelves in front of a desk so most are better off than me.
    Current pictures of my physique are in my abe ep log. Look it up
  28. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Not trying to argue m8.
    Just saying what works for me.
    I should cut down training time, yes.


    but as far as warmup for squats, it takes a while.. I have a desk job so my lower half is ****ed as far as mobility.. I'm sure most people don't work three twelves in front of a desk so most are better off than me.
    Current pictures of my physique are in my abe ep log. Look it up
    no my friend - i did not take it as you were arguing with me, at all
    you and i were simply trading discussion of ideas, is how i perceived it..no worries
    (you quoted my statement towards somebody else above! not to you)

    i did look at your pics - nice work indeed
    looking full, great shape, and getting lean
    as for mobility work/warm-up: again, i am not criticizing by any means..
    and yes, some do require more such loosening up than others

    once again, i reiterate that i speak in generalities here..
    the generality i make, is that many ppl (quite obviously) are overtraining, and do not realize it
    do i extend this generality to you? no sir

    keep doing what you're doing
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  29. Professional Member
    bean5er's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,714
    Rep Power
    3925357

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Gents gents good discussion but I believe the point here is two part
    First most natty guys don't need to spend as much time in the gym as they think, I believe this is all too common IMO.
    Second the point is everyone is diff. Snags is just trying to educate from his wealth of experience, without knowing that Mano was on gear (nothing crazy) but he was enhanced so to speAk, so his higher volume and lengthy workouts are fine IMO. I also know Mano takes little to no rest and does no cardio. So IMO you both are correct because it is person dependent. You guys are both my bros and you both train people so I respect both of your opinions.

    Mano I know you've been through a lot as of late bud and you're making do with your current situation. Keep ur head up and please dont take offense to snags replys i believe he was just trying to help not be argumentative. So if anything lets just agree to disagree. Cool?

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent
  30. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    First most natty guys don't need to spend as much time in the gym as they think, I believe this is all too common IMO.
    yes, is one of my points
    Snags is just trying to educate from his wealth of experience, without knowing that Mano was on gear (nothing crazy) but he was enhanced so to speAk, so his higher volume and lengthy workouts are fine IMO.
    you can even read back thru my posts during this interraction, and you will see i make exception for geared up individual
    however - the guy never presented information that he was on gear, simply tried to be a mathematical wizard
    I also know Mano takes little to no rest and does no cardio.
    unfortunately no - this is not the case at all, at least with respect to what he presented to me
    in his "calculated" breakdowns of "timeframe", he indeed indicated that he "had no time for his cardio", in less than 1.5hrs
    my point is underscored again here: when you practice that high of volume, you have NO need for cardio on top of it, and in fact this is more than likely detrimental
    I respect both of your opinions.
    problems arise, when someone tries to shove his opinion in faulty context down someone's throat, and then tries to make one look bad

    i am all about education and learning, always learning
    i am not here to belittle someone, or make them appear to be inferior or unknowledgeable, because i feel they have lack of education

    unfortunately - not everyone rolls with this kind of mentality on forums, and instead need to make themselves feel better, in any fashion they can

    sorry, i am not interested in soothing these feelings
    i simply move on
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  31. Senior Member
    MANotaur's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,393
    Rep Power
    450169

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    My bad guys! Especially to snaj! I know you know what your talkin about! I shouldn't have been a dick with my comments. I'm a smart ass by nature and forums especially bring it out in me.

    I agree that most workouts can be done in under an hour. If your there for longer chances are your dicking around or flapping your gums and not workin. The point I was tryin to make with my rough figures is that it's not inconceivable to go 1.5 hours in the gym and not be screwing around. I don't think that there's always need for it and if you are doin it consistently then your right, something needs to change.

    That's all. I wasn't tryin to insult your intelligence, wasn't trying to call you out, just gave my opinion that might have been slightly different than yours.

    Anyway bean didn't mean to piss in your Cheerios! Keep at it boy! When you gonna put up new prog pics??

    And snaj... I still owe you that pm

    ~ MANotaur
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  32. Senior Member
    MANotaur's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,393
    Rep Power
    450169

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    But just to clarify, when I said no time for cardio or anything else I wasn't saying there was no time in the workout, I was stating that I hadn't accounted for that time in the math, again those were rough figures.

    Again the end point being that most workouts shouldn't take any longer than an hour. Of course there's exceptions, but they're just that, exceptions.

    ~ MANotaur
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  33. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    thank you for that clarification manotaur, it is appreciated
    while i certainly understand the "being a smartass" on forums (and have been there myself, believe me) - i simply have grown beyond such banter, and it now rubs me the wrong way in my old age
    with the time i spend truly trying to understand what the other guy is saying, and reading their words finitely - to have things thrown in my face when taken out of context is disheartening, and i do not respond well

    for the record: yes, there are exceptions to every rule
    which is why i generally speak, in generalities (notice i say this quite often)

    to have such long & extended training days periodically, okay..
    if one is training only 3x weekly and getting in adequate rest otherwise, and is in good physical shape -- then yes, chances are he can do this and proceed with growth just fine

    also - of course some days are going to take longer than others..
    if one is training legs hi-volume (quads/hams/calves), i would expect it to take longer than say bi/tri routine, etc
    (mine does..actually closer to an hour sometimes on legs, whereas i'll be out after a bi/tri/ab session in like 32-35min)
    again, this is why i say on average: 45min is a good timeframe

    it is more the uneducated individual who thinks he has to do this type of hi-volume weights+cardio training, and 5x weekly at that, where major issues arise
    (unfortunately, this is more common than one would think)

    seeing as how we do not know each other, i have no clue the level of your fitness nor what entails your supplemental protocol..
    again -- why i always try to speak in generalities

    in any event - i appreciate your comments
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  34. Senior Member
    aceroni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,692
    Rep Power
    1099636

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    no my friend - i did not take it as you were arguing with me, at all
    you and i were simply trading discussion of ideas, is how i perceived it..no worries
    (you quoted my statement towards somebody else above! not to you)

    i did look at your pics - nice work indeed
    looking full, great shape, and getting lean
    as for mobility work/warm-up: again, i am not criticizing by any means..
    and yes, some do require more such loosening up than others

    once again, i reiterate that i speak in generalities here..
    the generality i make, is that many ppl (quite obviously) are overtraining, and do not realize it
    do i extend this generality to you? no sir

    keep doing what you're doing
    Thank you sir. And yes all I was doing was discussing what has worked for me
  35. Senior Member
    MANotaur's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,393
    Rep Power
    450169

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Good, now that we've all kissed, made up and sang cumbaya, can we keep watching bean do his magic!

    And just as a reference point, I'm only about as third as in shape, and good lookin as bean! Dudes got me trumped on everything lol

    ~ MANotaur
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  36. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    not to rehash yesterday (is not my intent), but i did want to bring up another very valid point that encircles the context of hi-volume training and overtraining (we need not open discussion - is simply food for thought)

    i have practiced hi-volume myself (about every format of training in existence at one time or another)..the main issue i have with hi-volume, irrespective of WHO is doing it or their level of fitness or whether anabolically enhanced - is:
    there is a frame of thought that espouses one CANNOT do this type of volume, if one is performing each and every rep within each & every set, to the fullest (ie intensity). it simply cannot be accomplished..i will go so far as to say, it is impossible
    for anybody

    again - i am speaking in generalities once more, and simply give another side of the coin
    the subject we have dissected within these last few pages is very expansive, and has many facets/contexts to consider
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  37. Professional Member
    bean5er's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,714
    Rep Power
    3925357

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Alrighty then, thanks for making peace fellas as I knew you would.

    Snags I understand what you're saying bud.

    Thanks for the kind words Manotour but you sir have a great foundation (far better than mine), but I'm going to catch you bro.

    Ace you're a bawse that is all.

    Snags I hope to have half your level of knowledge someday but I will have your eating disciplined in me so when I'm your age ill be looking like you!

    Enough of that ****.

    Yesterday was my 2nd round of chest for the week. Only hit a few exercises but intensity was there and great execution of form was accomplished.

    Wu on stairs 8 mins

    Incline Smith Press (30lb bar is what it says)

    6x/15/12/12/10/8/8
    Focus on these, unlike the regular MD wo is going down all the way and focusing on the stretch no lockout at top of rep. Strength was better this week on these. I believe I finished at 195.

    Peck deck focusing on full stretch and only 1/2-3/4 rep

    120x15
    130x13
    140x10

    Slight incline DB press again focussing on stretch no lockout

    65x8 too heavy form suffered this Is when my tris started to give out
    55x10/8


    Low to high single arm cable cross
    3x15

    Great pump felt great overall and finished with 10 min intervals on stairs. Yes I was feeling frisky.

    Had a date with my wife so my coach told me to eat whatever sounded good. So we went to Asian bistro and I had Mongolian beef with rice and veggies, spring rolls and hung wings. Omfg good. Still holding steady at 188-189 (up 6-7 lbs) bf hasn't changed if anything it's gone down a smidge.

    Legs on tap today boys should be fun!

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent
  38. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,420
    Rep Power
    85127

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Enough of that ****.
    indeed
    was starting to feel like we were all a bunch of women in here or something

    nice updates man, keep rollin
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  39. Senior Member
    aceroni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,692
    Rep Power
    1099636

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Alrighty then, thanks for making peace fellas as I knew you would.

    Snags I understand what you're saying bud.

    Thanks for the kind words Manotour but you sir have a great foundation (far better than mine), but I'm going to catch you bro.

    Ace you're a bawse that is all.

    Snags I hope to have half your level of knowledge someday but I will have your eating disciplined in me so when I'm your age ill be looking like you!

    Enough of that ****.

    Yesterday was my 2nd round of chest for the week. Only hit a few exercises but intensity was there and great execution of form was accomplished.

    Wu on stairs 8 mins

    Incline Smith Press (30lb bar is what it says)

    6x/15/12/12/10/8/8
    Focus on these, unlike the regular MD wo is going down all the way and focusing on the stretch no lockout at top of rep. Strength was better this week on these. I believe I finished at 195.

    Peck deck focusing on full stretch and only 1/2-3/4 rep

    120x15
    130x13
    140x10

    Slight incline DB press again focussing on stretch no lockout

    65x8 too heavy form suffered this Is when my tris started to give out
    55x10/8

    Low to high single arm cable cross
    3x15

    Great pump felt great overall and finished with 10 min intervals on stairs. Yes I was feeling frisky.

    Had a date with my wife so my coach told me to eat whatever sounded good. So we went to Asian bistro and I had Mongolian beef with rice and veggies, spring rolls and hung wings. Omfg good. Still holding steady at 188-189 (up 6-7 lbs) bf hasn't changed if anything it's gone down a smidge.

    Legs on tap today boys should be fun!

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Be careful with those deep chest stretches I inflamed my medial insertions doing that
  40. Professional Member
    bean5er's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,714
    Rep Power
    3925357

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

    Be careful with those deep chest stretches I inflamed my medial insertions doing that
    Oh I am bro ea rep is slow and controlled. Not doing any deep DC style stretch at bottom just deeper than I normally do. Thanks for the heads up bro

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. DW 1st contest prep
    By Distilled Water in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
  2. 6 Week Contest Prep - Duda "Muuy" Bueno
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 12:11 PM
  3. Last week of cutting, contest on Nov. 8
    By luisfershredd in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 02:14 PM
  4. 2 week Bulk then start contest prep
    By mdts in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in