mkretz's strength quest

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    What is a "butt machine?" And why was that the only thing spelled correctly?
    I think I've seen one in a porno.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.


  2. This thread makes me lol on a constant basis. I'm going to re-read this on days that I feel down. Sorry helping guys, sorry mkretz. I just can't help myself.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
    •   
       


  3. My head is spinning. You are doing way too much work in the gym bro. You're not gonna get stronger by doing so much volume unless you're eating a shyt ton of food which does not coincide with your IF diet protocol. I don't even think there's a point for you to do IF because of your smaller size to begin with. You need to eat more, lift less, and recover. It's like going to the gym when its packed and you have a plan in mind and everyone is getting in the way and there are people doing bicep curls in the squat rack and its your leg day and now all you want to do is kill someone because you can't stand how stupid they all are and how they are not really taking any of this shyt seriously so in the end they are just wasting their time and yours as well and one of them comes up to you and asks if you juice because they don't understand how you can lift so much more than them and you say no I've been lifting for years and I eat 5-7 times a day and I keep track of my diet and I spend time learning more everyday because I love this shyt and they say whatever and continue to think you are "cheating" because they have no clue what this lifestyle is about so you offer them advice and they blow you off because they "know more than you do" even though that is not at all possible.

    Rant...
    Independent Review

  4. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    My head is spinning. You are doing way too much work in the gym bro. You're not gonna get stronger by doing so much volume unless you're eating a shyt ton of food which does not coincide with your IF diet protocol. I don't even think there's a point for you to do IF because of your smaller size to begin with. You need to eat more, lift less, and recover. It's like going to the gym when its packed and you have a plan in mind and everyone is getting in the way and there are people doing bicep curls in the squat rack and its your leg day and now all you want to do is kill someone because you can't stand how stupid they all are and how they are not really taking any of this shyt seriously so in the end they are just wasting their time and yours as well and one of them comes up to you and asks if you juice because they don't understand how you can lift so much more than them and you say no I've been lifting for years and I eat 5-7 times a day and I keep track of my diet and I spend time learning more everyday because I love this shyt and they say whatever and continue to think you are "cheating" because they have no clue what this lifestyle is about so you offer them advice and they blow you off because they "know more than you do" even though that is not at all possible.

    Rant...

    i inow how u feel with teh squat rack, **** happens often actually at mygym esp one tiem whena kid was doing "shrugs" then woudl walk away for liek 5 min and come back and do soem more horrible shrugs will ike 500lbs all while im obviously waiting.............will update more tomorrow, less volume.........today was teh bday so had a busy daycya tomrorow !

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post

    i inow how u feel with teh squat rack, **** happens often actually at mygym esp one tiem whena kid was doing "shrugs" then woudl walk away for liek 5 min and come back and do soem more horrible shrugs will ike 500lbs all while im obviously waiting.............will update more tomorrow, less volume.........today was teh bday so had a busy daycya tomrorow !
    Jesus I lost iq points reading that .
    •   
       


  6. sorry....was bout to go to bed and decided to post real quick

  7. DL day didnt go that great yest, not 100% sure why but i had been cutting carbs all week leading up to yest meal(s) for my birthday :-) that could've been why.

    DL
    285x5
    300x5
    320x6 - i was pissed so did anotehr set of 6 and this one was easier, who knows

    DE squat - 195x2x8

    trying to work more on my upper back because i was told i have mild upper cross syndrome which includes weak middle traps and rhomboids

    4 sets of pendlay rows - also, every exercise was very strict, not worrrying about weight, worked well cuz my back was sore today! really strong contracions and full ROM

    4 sets CG pullups - still suck at these

    4 sets cg cable rows but trying to pull higher than normal and really squeeze my middle traps

    finished off with a rope at chest height on a cable station and just focused on pulling my shoulder blades together

  8. Today started off really sluggish till i moved on to my hypertrophy work, i just like the fast paced stuff i guess i dunno, need to work up a real good sweat then im really into it.

    cleans 6 sets of 3

    strict OHP - max is 120

    70x5
    80x5
    90x8

    push press 4 sets of 3

    4 sets lateral raises
    4 sets DB press
    4 sets cable rear laterals
    4 sets prone incline shrug (again focusing on rhomboids and middle traps)

    Biceps - 4 sets twist curl, 4 sets hammer curl, 3 sets 1 arm cable ez bar curl

    more volume than yest but hit 2 bodyparts and had sum glycogen to burn through after yesterdays birthday meals haha

    had a chiliburger with added lettuce tomato avocado bacon and oinion straws plus a chicken salad from red robin
    -then went to ihop and got a massive ham cheese spinach oinions and peppers omlette with CINNASTACK french toast - this is liek the best thing i ever ate no lie it was toooo good, liek one big giant cinnamon roll with cream cheese icing and whipped cream omg haha
    -then went to coldstone and got some cheesecake icecream with oreos fudge and grahm cracker pie crust pieces
    - then when i got home i made myself soem mroe food haha, ust an eggwhite omlette with sum canadian bacon, ff cheese and veggies. O yea and a protein shake and 2 poptarts to finish the night off...............good night to say the least :-).............def went all out

  9. Quite an eat fest. Yah that is one fug of a lot of volume.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  10. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Quite an eat fest. Yah that is one fug of a lot of volume.
    yea it was delish that french toast was sooo good, i had to stop myself from getting another order lol

    today was an off day, 2 creatona before cardio, 2 after, also got a quick (half hour or so) massage so hopefully that will help with my recovery. Had planned on lifting today but legs just didn't feel too hott and was supposed to front squat so i figured id take another day

  11. Rodja and Sean gave up...I'll just ask one question...

    Why do you need more than 1 MOVEMENT per plane? Why do you do a lot of horizontal pulls, or focus on muscle groups?

    Is this due to the fact you are focused on aesthetics way more than strength? Just wondering...because there are ways to have both...but at least not all the mindless volume or the not west side hybrid you are trying...specially since West Side uses only one movement to "build the squat" in that week...it's wither squat or any variation of it, or any pull variation...just not Olympic lifts since they are neither DE or ME...

    Define yourself, really ask yourself...what do you need to have fun and enjoy the gym and to be able to live with yourself...aesthetics or strength?

    Not saying you have to pic either-or BUT really find what you want first of all...I just don't think it's clear to you and that might be the reason behind you neglecting the focus on: Planes of motion, movements, prehab, assistance work and rep work
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Rodja and Sean gave up...I'll just ask one question...

    Why do you need more than 1 MOVEMENT per plane? Why do you do a lot of horizontal pulls, or focus on muscle groups?

    Is this due to the fact you are focused on aesthetics way more than strength? Just wondering...because there are ways to have both...but at least not all the mindless volume or the not west side hybrid you are trying...specially since West Side uses only one movement to "build the squat" in that week...it's wither squat or any variation of it, or any pull variation...just not Olympic lifts since they are neither DE or ME...

    Define yourself, really ask yourself...what do you need to have fun and enjoy the gym and to be able to live with yourself...aesthetics or strength?

    Not saying you have to pic either-or BUT really find what you want first of all...I just don't think it's clear to you and that might be the reason behind you neglecting the focus on: Planes of motion, movements, prehab, assistance work and rep work
    thanks alot man......yea i mean i guess aesthetics are more important but i do want to be strong too ya know. It feels pretty damn good to be movin big weights. I also really liek to feel explosive which is why i like the DE idea........i really like the pump though so i dunno bout teh strength stuff but i do enjoy that too ........i guess im just confused ....i want it all and cant have it all at once

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post

    thanks alot man......yea i mean i guess aesthetics are more important but i do want to be strong too ya know. It feels pretty damn good to be movin big weights. I also really liek to feel explosive which is why i like the DE idea........i really like the pump though so i dunno bout teh strength stuff but i do enjoy that too ........i guess im just confused ....i want it all and cant have it all at once
    Go for PHAT by Layne Norton...focuses on high volume and aesthetics and incorporates power and hypertrophy movements, ME and DE per say. It would suit more your goals and training style, allowing you the possibility of growing stronger too.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  14. You could also set up a 4 day spilt: one upper body day focused on horizontal strength with a push and pull exercise each and then a hypertrophy based vertical push and pull exercise. Finish with assistance and prehab work. Reverse the strength and hypertrophy planes the other day ie vertical strength/horizontal hypertrophy then assistance/prehab work. For lower body have one day focused on more quad dominant/anterior chain for strength and then posterior chain hypertrophy and the other day emphasize the posterior chain for strength and the quads/anterior chain for hypertrophy. Make sure to work the entire core on lower body days and do some assistance work. Only do 2-3 sets for 1-2 assistance exercises on the upper and lower body days.
    im the sh!t, even your girlfriend can smell it

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    Go for PHAT by Layne Norton...focuses on high volume and aesthetics and incorporates power and hypertrophy movements, ME and DE per say. It would suit more your goals and training style, allowing you the possibility of growing stronger too.
    Crazy. I did that once and loved it. I may be goin back lol thanks

  16. off day today, felt really drained almost all day, did some cardio and felt like crap most of the time , eventually woke up by the end which felt good, feel ok now. Hope im not getting sick. Im gonna hope it is just yest. hard workout catching up to me......... anyone else ever get that? They jsut feel like crap the next day after a tough workout?




    yest. workout


    Front squat
    190x3
    205x3
    210x4
    220 cluster set - 1x5 20-30 seconds between reps


    4 sets leg press dropset on last set
    4 sets of hack squat, drop set on last set
    3 sets one leg smith squat
    3 sets ext. drop on last set


    4 sets glute bridge focusing more on contraction instead of pure power this time
    RDL- 4 sets, nice long negatives full stretch and god contraction at the top, really trying to focus on contracting my glutes at the top
    3 sets seated leg curl drop on last set,


    hammies were pretty fried

  17. Quote Originally Posted by amateurfreak View Post
    You could also set up a 4 day spilt: one upper body day focused on horizontal strength with a push and pull exercise each and then a hypertrophy based vertical push and pull exercise. Finish with assistance and prehab work. Reverse the strength and hypertrophy planes the other day ie vertical strength/horizontal hypertrophy then assistance/prehab work. For lower body have one day focused on more quad dominant/anterior chain for strength and then posterior chain hypertrophy and the other day emphasize the posterior chain for strength and the quads/anterior chain for hypertrophy. Make sure to work the entire core on lower body days and do some assistance work. Only do 2-3 sets for 1-2 assistance exercises on the upper and lower body days.
    interesting.....could you give me an example workout week on this?

  18. woke up a few times in the middle of the night with the worst sore throat ever!!! weird thing though, when i woke up, nothing......... i dunno my body has been wierd lately, its def. fighting some sickness.

    decided to pre fatigue my chest today for my hypertrophy work just cuz i love the pump i get when i move fast and pre fatigue, really lets me focus in on my chest which i have a hard time doing sometimes.

    bench

    175x3
    185x3
    190x6
    205 cluster set 1x5 20-30 sec rest

    clean
    145x2x10

    3 sets incline db flys
    3 sets incline db press
    3 sets db decline flys all of these sets were at most 60 sec rest probably more like 30-45
    3 sets db decline press
    dips 3 sets as many
    pec deck 3 sets drop set on last set - pump from all this was awsome!!!!

    str8 bar pushdown 4 sets
    rev grip pushdown 4 sets ss bench dips - as many
    rope overhead ext 3 sets

  19. first bottle of creatona is gone :-( def has increased power......and feel lie i recover my power faster between heavy sets...sitll doing 5 preowrout on upper body days and 6 preworkout before lower body. 2 pre cardio and 2 post cardio on off days

  20. so i had planned to train today but my legs felt like they wanted to seize up on me for some reason. I decided to have an active recovery day which i really wish i did more often.....did some foam rolling some stretching and some light cardio to get the blood flowin, legs still feel crampy though, dont know why......tomorrow is an off day as well, just a busy day, havent had two off days in a row in a long time, that, mixed with my shot tomorrow night, i should be good to go come tuesday for deads!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    first bottle of creatona is gone :-( def has increased power......and feel lie i recover my power faster between heavy sets...sitll doing 5 preowrout on upper body days and 6 preworkout before lower body. 2 pre cardio and 2 post cardio on off days
    Yep it does help a lot with stamina and recovery. I am saving mine for PCT which is quite a while as I am on a long run.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  22. todays workout was a little un focused to begin with but dialed it in after a while

    front squat

    180x5
    205x3
    215x4!!! PR i think i did 210 for 4 last wee and they werent as solid as these
    225x1x5

    DE DL
    285x2x8

    HAck squat 4 sets with drop on last set

    Leg Press 4 sets double drop on last set ( weights wee alot higher on these!) i did do my reps alittle quicker than normal

    1 leg leg ext

    glute bridge with distinct holds on each rep, 4 sets

    seated ham curl

    lyingham curl

    DB RDL really squeezing my glutes, felt niiiiice haha


    anyone else do glute bridges btw? i feel like im the only one that does them and they are an awsome exercise.....also do u do them quic and explosive or slow and squeeze and hold?

  23. off day today, body is jsut too shot from the workout yest........hope to get a good one in tomorrow

  24. I know that feeling been pummeling myself and recovery is tough to come by some days but I planned this well..
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  25. planned on working out today but got hung up with a few things o just did sum cardio, and abs, ok and a few sets of bis cuz my arms are extra tiny lol............... also yest was an off day cuz i took my gpa to the bufalo sabres game for his bday which was awsome even though we lost :-( felt great to spend quality time with a great man! an then the superbowl, didnt do anything stupid for the superbowl, got an eating challenge to do next sat so i have to be have.........plan on cutting cal 100-200 cals a day starting yest leading up to the challenge at which will give me at leat an extra 1000 cals to play with
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Toro's quest for Strength and Shred
    By Torobestia in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
  2. AI's Super Swole Stack...GoHard's Quest for Strength Absolute
    By GoHardOrGoHme in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 663
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 11:09 AM
  3. SWOLLEN87's Quest for STRENGTH (with epi)
    By swollen87 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 10:58 AM
  4. Testing ab strength! O/T
    By whale in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2002, 03:02 PM
  5. ph/ps for strength?
    By Matt T in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-22-2002, 04:37 PM
Log in
Log in