mkretz's strength quest

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. thanks, i know it was an ego thing...........ill try to shoot a video at some point if i can

2. I know sometmes the days where I am really jazzed I do shyte, and when I feel like crap I often do very well....
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I know sometmes the days where I am really jazzed I do shyte, and when I feel like crap I often do very well....
    funny u say that cuz that really seems how my work oouts go. Ill feel dead but ill force myself to go and once i get going i kill it....yest. still was a decnt workout but it was ust missing that mental link..........I was supposed to workout today but got stuck at work for almost 10 hours instead of the scheduled 6 so i just did some cardio and went home...........took two creatona before cardio and 2 right now (before bed)

4. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    funny u say that cuz that really seems how my work oouts go. Ill feel dead but ill force myself to go and once i get going i kill it....yest. still was a decnt workout but it was ust missing that mental link..........I was supposed to workout today but got stuck at work for almost 10 hours instead of the scheduled 6 so i just did some cardio and went home...........took two creatona before cardio and 2 right now (before bed)
    Yah the days where I am dragging my ass are usually the best.

5. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post

Yah the days where I am dragging my ass are usually the best.
    Missing my ignite 2. Can tell the difference

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Missing my ignite 2. Can tell the difference

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    I know I would working mornings...

7. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post

I know I would working mornings...
    Yep. Especially training fasted 1st thing

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

8. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Yep. Especially training fasted 1st thing

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    need that ignite 2!!!!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post

need that ignite 2!!!!!!
    Nutra doesn't have the newest version. Customs will hold it up... Draggin ass bad aye. Coffee and some tyrosine don't do it at the moment.

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

10. Today was a wierd day......started out ok then started feeling kind of sick about half way through the day....... I then went to an interview for a cool position where I woudl be able to basically run a summer weight loss camp for high school girls. It went really well so i had all teh confidence in the world and this translated right over to my workout!

I took 5 creatona today just to try it out.....i may even try 6 tomorrow, what do ya think?

I also tried no ignite 2 with a scoop of hemavol.....was def a good workout

Started out by tryin to do 225 bench ust to seehwo it felt.....a few weeks ago i "got it" with a spot, im pretty srue i got it but it was close......today hwever, no problem so that felt great to know i am getting stronger.

workout!

bench
    155x5
    175x3
    195x5! pr!

Cleans
    135x3x8 - just focusing on explosiveness - i love feeling explosive nothing better in my opinion!

incline db press - fatigued really fast on these today for some reason
    55x12
    55x10
    50x10
    40x12

weighted dips - 10 lbs
    x12
    x10
    x8 then saw a buddy and took a longer break......all otehr breaks were strictly 60 seconds or less except the first sets of bench which were 2 min.
    x12 drop Bodyweight x 4

decline machine press
    4 sets 10-20

DB fly
    35x12x4

machine fly fst 7 style

rope pressdown
    3 sets 10-15 drop on last set

dip machine
    3 sets 10-20 drop on last set

1 arm DB neutral grip ext
    15lbx10-15
    + a few forced reps on last set

weighted crunches
    40lbx12x5

11. You can go to 6-8 before workout if you want.

12. did 5 creatona again today.....ok workout today, again i think my body wants to get sick but its fighting it..........def. taking tomorrow off and getting a massage to help with recovery just in case. Im noticing my muscles are feeling really weird, esp, my legs and i dont know why. Like jsut bending my legs, whether ts sitting or anythign really hurts sometimes like my muscles are going to tear like there is a lack of flexiblity or something i jsut dont now but i dont like it............

I did DL 405 and took a video just have to figure out how to get in uploaded on here

felt really good to put 4 plates on there!!!!

then did very explosve DE squats of 205 for 8 sets of 2, like i say, feels great to be explosive!

then did pendlay rows hammer rows 1 arm db rows and cg pullups along with side planks

13. Upload the video to YouTube and then post it here.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

14. Now i know there are little pads under there but i can still get it without it!!!! dont wanna get kicked outta the gym for too much noise, hate that studpid stuff

15. one time i was doin high reps deads without those pads (like 25 reps) and i wasnt even making alot of noise but the weights kept hitting the ground and a worker came over and tried tellin me i need to stop i said "im almost done leave me alone" haha , tehy walked away and didnt say anything else haha

16. didnt plan on workings out today however, it was a beautiful day, warm (50s in january in buffalo jsut dont happen haha) and got a decent nights sleep last night so i could not resist........got in one hell of a workout, one of the best ive had in a while!

went with 6 creatona today maybe that was a little help lol

forgot my belt and i usally do cleans and my push press(split jerk) with the belt but had to go without today so i thought my weights woudl be down..............i was wrong! :-)

cleans
    135x3
    145x3
    150x3
    155x3
    160x3
    165x3 pr

push press (split jerk)
    135x3
    150x3
    160x3
    165x3
    170x3
    175x3
    185x1 - super easy!

DE Bench
    155x2x8

db press - strict 45-60 second rest periods hrough all hypertrophy work, was zoned in!
    40x10-12 4 sets

db raise
    15lb x 10-20 3 sets
    20lb x10-15 drop 10lb x 15

behind head standing smith press
    3 sets 10-20

barbell shrugs
    225x12
    245x10x3

leg raises
    15x5

overhead squat
    65x10
    75x10
    75x10
    85x10 pr!..........really suprised i was able to hold form with these after doing all that shoulder wor and abs so all my stabiliizers were fatigued!!!

the next 4 works will be my deload week of 5/3/1 so weights will be much lower and volume will be slightly decreased.......might lift tomorrow not sure though....also will keep carbs to a minimum until i start back up heavy.

tonight i my last big carb meal fora while so im gonna enjoy it haha

17. today as my first day of "deload" on 5/3/1 - went with 5 creatona only cuz it was legs will probably do 4 during he deload, tomorrow will be an off day

squat
    175x5
    200x5
    230x5

DE DLs much lighter

225x2x8

4 sets not to failure on hack squats, leg presses, ext. leg curls DB RDLs and one leggged ham curls

how do you guys usually do calories on deloads? im thinking 500 less each day?

18. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    today as my first day of "deload" on 5/3/1 - went with 5 creatona only cuz it was legs will probably do 4 during he deload, tomorrow will be an off day

squat
    175x5
    200x5
    230x5

DE DLs much lighter

225x2x8

4 sets not to failure on hack squats, leg presses, ext. leg curls DB RDLs and one leggged ham curls

how do you guys usually do calories on deloads? im thinking 500 less each day?
    I make one adjustment I change my workout days to be halfway between a regulary workout day and a burn day. For example my burn day is set to 1800 and my workout day to 2800 I will go 2300 on workout days but I add in any other activity I do which I always so anyways.

19. hmmm so 500 less seems good...thats what ive been doin, i liek to eat so i dontl ike it haha

today was bench and did some explosive cleans as wel

bench
    135x5
    145x5
    165x5

"rack" cleans
    115x3x8

then did db flys, incline db press, decline db press, cable fly, a few others, vbar pushdown, dips, and rev grip ext for tris then rope crunchs and strict side cable twists for abs

got alot done in short time, went jsut short of failure on everything fr hypertrophy very shirt rest periods though, lost my ipod and working out wiht no music sux!!!!!

20. not gonna lie, volume was pretty high but i woudlnt say intensity was too high so hopefully im all good

21. getting kinda lonely in here :-(

yest i did DL with DE squat then back hypertrophy work, agian delad although i got pretty into it and mightve went a lil too hard on the hypertrophy
    also decided to see how my front squat was at the very end of everything lol

DL
    225x5
    265x5
    295x5

squat
    185x2x8

pendlay rows, tbar rows, good mornings, CG pulldowns, 1 arm db rows, all 4 sets, str8 bar pulldown, lat pulldown 3 sets each

none to failure, no drops, then front squat worked up to 225 and did 1, thinking of doing frotn squats for 5/3/1 second cycle through although they are rough haha

today was an off day tomororw will be my last deload workout however it hasnt been a week..........think i should tart back up on the 2nd cycle on friday or doa nother wave of deload?

22. also, ive been using jsut sample packets of different preworkouts and havent even needed a full one yet which is crazy, i guess id otn need to be pumping myself full of prewokrout like i have been lol

23. It's getting lonely because you've ignored everyone's advice about your misguided training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

24. because i do too much volume? i gues........template shows 4 exrcises i usually do 6, maybe its deload so iv e added some mroe stuff but weights are lighter so intenity is low

25. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    because i do too much volume? i gues........template shows 4 exrcises i usually do 6, maybe its deload so iv e added some mroe stuff but weights are lighter so intenity is low
    None of the workouts you've posted have resembled anything close to 5/3/1 or Westside. You're still doing mindless volume in every session and fail to realize that each lift you do should address a specific point. The lifts you choose should not be random and you sure as hell don't need 6 lifts for your back. You're not increasing strength with that amount of volume; you're only increasing fatigue resistance.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

26. the beginning of the workout is exactly the template given........then it shows 4 exercises for 4 sets for hypertrophy, ok so i do 6 sometimes.....but that gives me strength (in the beginning) and hypertroph (later) right? i mean I dont see hwo that is not achieving both goals, im sorry i just have never trained for straight strength i guess and my goals are to get both not just 1 or the other, hit different fibers at different rep ranges

27. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    because i do too much volume? i gues........template shows 4 exrcises i usually do 6, maybe its deload so iv e added some mroe stuff but weights are lighter so intenity is low
    You've asked for advice that will help you get stronger, not have to eat 5,000c, follow a great program how it's written and disregarded all information given to you-yet still call it 5/3/1. People may not want to post only to correct you for every workout you do.

If you want to do 5/3/1 or Westside, then do it how it's written. No more no less. It's written how it is for a reason. Your volume has hardly changed since you said you'd decrease it.

If you want to do high volume, then do it; just don't call it 5/3/1:Westside just because you're following the 5/3/1 sets for your compound lifts. That's not what it's about. If you read the book you'd understand that. People have only been trying to help, including one of the most knowledgable members on training and you've disregarded it all.
    [email protected]

28. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    the beginning of the workout is exactly the template given........then it shows 4 exercises for 4 sets for hypertrophy, ok so i do 6 sometimes.....but that gives me strength (in the beginning) and hypertroph (later) right? i mean I dont see hwo that is not achieving both goals, im sorry i just have never trained for straight strength i guess and my goals are to get both not just 1 or the other, hit different fibers at different rep ranges
    Just because you're training for strength doesn't mean you won't get bigger and be in shape. Good job- you followed the beginning rep sets (although you still stack more weight on and max out) You've only accomplished 25% of what the program is really about.

The name of your thread is strength quest.
    [email protected]

29. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Just because you're training for strength doesn't mean you won't get bigger and be in shape. Good job- you followed the beginning rep sets (although you still stack more weight on and max out) You've only accomplished 25% of what the program is really about.

The name of your thread is strength quest.
    Yah size is more about diet.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Toro's quest for Strength and Shred
    By Torobestia in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 02:58 PM
  2. AI's Super Swole Stack...GoHard's Quest for Strength Absolute
    By GoHardOrGoHme in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 663
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 12:09 PM
  3. SWOLLEN87's Quest for STRENGTH (with epi)
    By swollen87 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 11:58 AM
  4. Testing ab strength! O/T
    By whale in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2002, 04:02 PM
  5. ph/ps for strength?
    By Matt T in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-22-2002, 05:37 PM