Shred-ing off the winter fat with MST (and joint repair too!)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was selected to log both Shred Ultra and Joint Mechanic for Millenium Sport Technologies Products by Millennium Sport Technologies | Somnidren GH | Cordygen 5 | Ragnarok

joint_large.jpg

MST has always had great innovative products and these are no exception. Both of these use a combination of well known working ingredients as well as some cutting edge newer ingredients in carefully worked out ratios.

As for me 45 years old, 208lbs. Quick measurements this morning were depressing

Biceps 15.5"
Chest 45"
Shoulders 51.5"
Waist at belly button 37.5" ouch
Waist at pants 37" ouch

Still fitting into 32 waist in some pants though, not exactly sure how that works. As it is though my workouts had been a little spotty through the last couple of months. I had injured my calf fairly badly running the Savage Race a few months back, and it has left me less motivated to go to the gym in the first place, and way less motivated to work legs. But that's over now, I was getting too fat, and time to change.

Diet Plan - I'm still iffy as to how this will feel, but committed to doing it. I'm eating more or less as per intermittent fasting except that I'm going to combine it with the protein sparing modified fast. So I'm going to take in something roughly as 1500 calories off days, 2000 calories workout days. Start eating sometime close to noon but outside of the last meal of the day its going to be just low fat/carb protein shakes and if hunger gets too much adding in low cal high fiber cruciferous veggies. The particular reasoning for this is that this way I can get in 100g of protein during the day with it only being a 500 calorie proposition, and still have a 1000 calorie dinner (which is roughly my norm). On workout days I'll be adding in more carbs earlier in the day, most likely fruits particularly apples + bananas. The 1000 calorie dinners are usually made roughly as 80g protein, 80g carbs, 40g fats with the carbs coming from beans, rice, or root veggies.

Workout plan - 4 day split. 20 minutes moderate intensity cardio pre-weights. Split is chest/legs/shoulders/back done as Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun. Workout structure is 3-4 exercises per body part done as Steve Homan 4x / Serge Nubret pump style for most exercises. This is taking a weight you can do for 15 reps, doing 10 reps and then just a 30 second rest, 10 reps with 30 second rest, etc. The 4x has you doing it 4 times, Nubret was 6 times. I shoot for 6 but bail before failure as this is meant to be a hypertrophy workout, not for strength. The nice plus is its rapid pace keeps heart rate up so its more aerobic than a lot of other lifting styles. Its much harder than it sounds offhand, doing incline barbell press with 160lbs for six sets of 10 with only the 30 seconds rest inbetween sets is really fatiguing.

That's the outline, I'll try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow morning or over the weekend at worst. Also looking for my calipers to do bf%, but couldnt' find them this morning, if I can by the weekend i'll include that as well.

Ask away if you have any questions, let me know what you want to hear more (or less) about!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So far, liking the feeling of shred a good bit. 2 is just enough to feel serious, not so much to be jittery. Missed the gym yesterday and don't have time on Fridays, but i'm back in tomorrow.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I feel the same about the new Shred...I dig the energy but it's not TOO much

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So far shred was nice in the gym as well. Took non-stim preworkout mix with it and plenty of energy from shred itself, plus plenty of extra sweat

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
today's workout I took a light stim preworkout, and just 1 shred. Worked out nice. Nothing to report as too noticeable on the joint support, which overall is a good thing :D Like with a lot of other things, you don't really "notice" a lack of pain so much as you notice pain.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
took no preworkout this morning, just 2 shred. Was a decent workout. I'm down 1lb so far which is nice but not great. At the same time I have found it hard to maintain my diet plan as I end up doing late night snacking which blows out my planned calories. Even if its something pretty good like apples with peanut butter, it still ends up being an extra 400+ calories. Need to work on what I can change dinner time to help avoid that

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
took no preworkout this morning, just 2 shred. Was a decent workout. I'm down 1lb so far which is nice but not great. At the same time I have found it hard to maintain my diet plan as I end up doing late night snacking which blows out my planned calories. Even if its something pretty good like apples with peanut butter, it still ends up being an extra 400+ calories. Need to work on what I can change dinner time to help avoid that
What time is your dinner? I really don't get home and end up eating until around 8 which helps cut out late night snacks.

msrider

msrider

Awards
today's workout I took a light stim preworkout, and just 1 shred. Worked out nice. Nothing to report as too noticeable on the joint support, which overall is a good thing :D Like with a lot of other things, you don't really "notice" a lack of pain so much as you notice pain.
I'm the same way. No pain kinda goes unnoticed while pain pisses us off lol.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What time is your dinner? I really don't get home and end up eating until around 8 which helps cut out late night snacks.
its usually around 6 or so because the kids go to bed before 9 and i'm usually up till at least 11, sometimes later. I think what I need to do is eat less of the cruciferous veggies during the day and save them plus some of the walden farms 0 cal dressings instead.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
decided to try something a little different, and worked some "treat" calories into dinner, instead of any carbs or meaningful fat I had 1/4 of one of the monster 8oz peanut butter cups :D we'll see how that works out through the night.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no dice on the gym over the weekend. Friday evening I started coughing and hacking, pain in my ears, dizziness the whole shebang. Spent the entire weekend in the bed. Still feel like crap today, but better at least. Slight plus is that I wasn't interested in eating either so at least it works out for some weight loss. Not exactly the way I'd prefer to go about weight loss though. I'm hoping I feel decent enough for the gym tomorrow but given how I feel today i'm not sure :p

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
still coughing up pieces of my lungs, but its getting better. I've decided to buy another bottle each of shred + joint mechanic to continue the log out a second month. at 2 weeks in it looks like i'm down 3lbs but that's all from not eating much, been a week now since I've been in the gym :p

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, i'm finally feeling ok today, so tomorrow i'll be back in the gym. And my other bottles of shred/joint mechanic came in from nutraplanet, so i'm all set. The joint mechanic has been nice, overall knee pain has been down vs normal. And that's particularly noticeable as its been on and off rainy as well as fairly cold (cold for Florida) which usually makes them hurt worse.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope you get to feeling better Easy, the crap is definitely going around right now. I'm washing my hands so frequently co-workers think I'm OCD.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
yeah joint mechanic is a real nice formula, i was surprised even myself at how well it worked for me

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, I still haven't managed to make it back to the gym yet due to family and all. Going to be hitting it tomorrow though, finally done with all the extra crap I've had to deal with. Down 5lbs which isn't bad at all given virtually 0 exercise