Chick won't be a MANgina on PR-XT

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
Thanks to MAN nutrition I am on day 2 of PR-XT. I have rebounded from my last competition for figure in October. In over 2 1/2 months I had put on 25 pounds fast! My metabolism is shot. I am currently working with PJ Braun to help me lean out and also to move from figure to women's physique division. Currently my weight is at 147lb. I am just over 5'4", and not only am I carrying more body fat than I would like I also carry a lot of muscle....LOVE me some muscle!

So I appreciate the opportunity to log this product and see how well it works with my goal. For the last two weeks I have been on a keto diet, and yesterday not only was my first day on PR-XT but it was also my first day of being reintroduced to carbs as well. I am eating 6 meals a day with 4:6 containing carbs and protein, and 2:6 containing protein and fat.

I train 5 days a week and my cardio for at least the next two weeks will be daily with many HIITs. I am a little embarassed to add my photos but what the hell? lol they will be on here today!

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
comp3.jpg
new years eve.jpg

so there I am in all my (shameful) glory lol
I am ready to kick some ass!

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
You rock Doc!!! Looking forward to see this log

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
You rock Doc!!! Looking forward to see this log
In for this!! Good luck on the run!!
In for sure!
Hey thanks for joining!!!! :-D

I completed my leg workout today which consists of high reps (usually about 15-25 per set) to assist with my leaning out process. The HIIT was a killer today too. I am hopeful that this product will salvage my hard earned muscle during the next 4 weeks.

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
Hi Doc :wave2:
How's the ankle?
ha ha! Hey gokix!!!! thanks for joining...and finding me :)
the ankle is much better still a little tender but has no effect on my training, thankfully!
good to see you here!

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
yesterday's workout consisted of 45 minutes of back work- high reps looking like this:
underhand lat pull downs @ 90 for 12x4
stiff arm pulldowns @ 40 for 12x4
1 arm db rows @ 50 for 8x4
seated pulley row @ 90 for 14, 12, 13, 14
behind neck pulldowns @ 70 for 20x4
then I finished it off with 45 minutes of cardio (25min HIITs)

today's workout
machine lateral side raises @ 45 for15x4
standing db side lat raise @ 15's for 12x4
db shoulder press @ 30 for 10, 8/ @ 25 for 10x2/ @ 12.5 for 10 burnout set
bent over db lat raise @ 20 for 15x4
standing cable curl @ 40 for 20x4
incline db curl @ 15's for 15x4
completed 25 min of HIIT with 5 min warmup and 10 minute cool down.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
I'm in on this. What kind of HIIT do you do?

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
my HIITs vary.

todays was with the treadmill starting at 2%incline walk @3.6 for 2min, slow it down to 2 and lunge for 1 min, bring it up to 6 at run for 2min
adjust incline to 5% and walk 2min, lunge 1min, run 2min
adjust incline to 8% and repeat walk, lunge, run
adjust to 10% and then 15% with the same walk, lunge, run

yesterdays HIIT was walking for 5 minutes @4.2 with 0%incline (or as fast as my legs could move without running), and then for 5 minutes bring it to the highest incline and slow walking lunges

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
my HIITs vary.

todays was with the treadmill starting at 2%incline walk @3.6 for 2min, slow it down to 2 and lunge for 1 min, bring it up to 6 at run for 2min
adjust incline to 5% and walk 2min, lunge 1min, run 2min
adjust incline to 8% and repeat walk, lunge, run
adjust to 10% and then 15% with the same walk, lunge, run

yesterdays HIIT was walking for 5 minutes @4.2 with 0%incline (or as fast as my legs could move without running), and then for 5 minutes bring it to the highest incline and slow walking lunges
NICE, Keep it up!! And on a side note, don't be embarassed to ever put up a pic ;)

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Time to kill it Doc. You and Matty are awesome peeps, even though you feel outta shape you hold your weight very well. I see great things in both your futures.

Time to killz it!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the doc is a lock....winner!!!

not real familiar wth the product, is it something new or re-fomulation of the usual suspects?

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
enjoythe show buddy! ;)

Time to kill it Doc. You and Matty are awesome peeps, even though you feel outta shape you hold your weight very well. I see great things in both your futures.

Time to killz it!
aww thanks for the support bean-man! yeah I definitely we a little overboard with my 'bulking' phase that's for sure ha ha! so now it is time to show off all that sexy muscle hiding under there!

BTW, I'm in!
I was worried that you were just gonna leave tha message and be done for! glad that you are in!

the doc is a lock....winner!!!

not real familiar wth the product, is it something new or re-fomulation of the usual suspects?
BIGT!!! :) think of anabeta plus compound 20 with this product...I am not sure if any MAN reps are on here yet but that's how I would put it.

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
so i stepped on the scale yesterday and I had put on 3 pounds!!! wtf?! so after I chilled out for 10 minutes I recognized it may due to the fact that my body is being reintroduced to carbs this week....water retention. Not really sure but I weigh-in with my coach tomorrow and I will see what he has to say.

DAY 5 yesterdays w/o:
seated hamstring curls @ 65 for 20x4
romanian deadlifts @ 85 for 15
@ 105 for 12x3

(ss)seated adductor @ 75 for 20
@ 87.5 for 20x2
seated abductor @ 110 for 20x3

(ss)walking lunges @ bw for 15x3
db plie' squats @ 65 for 15x2
@ 75 for 15
finished with a cross training HIIT using the bike,treadmill, elliptical, stair master lasting in total: 40 minutes

DAY 6Today was a day off from weight training but completed a 40 minute HIIT/cardio session.

I do all my training fasted because I wake uparly take my preworkout, carnatine titrate, and 2 caps of PR-XT (it says to use with preworkout meal but I have had no ill-effects from fasted supplement ingestion). After my workout I eat breakfast and take the next 2PR-XT caps, and then take the last 2 caps at my fourth meal which is usually around 3pm.

memphis_slim

memphis_slim

Awards
so i stepped on the scale yesterday and I had put on 3 pounds!!! wtf?! so after I chilled out for 10 minutes I recognized it may due to the fact that my body is being reintroduced to carbs this week....water retention. Not really sure but I weigh-in with my coach tomorrow and I will see what he has to say.

DAY 5 yesterdays w/o:
@ 105 for 12x3

@ 87.5 for 20x2

@ 75 for 15
finished with a cross training HIIT using the bike,treadmill, elliptical, stair master lasting in total: 40 minutes

DAY 6Today was a day off from weight training but completed a 40 minute HIIT/cardio session.

I do all my training fasted because I wake uparly take my preworkout, carnatine titrate, and 2 caps of PR-XT (it says to use with preworkout meal but I have had no ill-effects from fasted supplement ingestion). After my workout I eat breakfast and take the next 2PR-XT caps, and then take the last 2 caps at my fourth meal which is usually around 3pm.
You and I are in the same boat. This was exactly how I dosed my PR-XT as well and I never had a problem taking it on an empty stomach. What kind of strength increases have you been seeing so far, if any? I really noticed a huge strength increase right off the bat.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
nice update Doc

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

DAY 5 yesterdays w/o:
@ 105 for 12x3

@ 87.5 for 20x2

@ 75 for 15

up your water intake, doc....odd as it sounds, that will reduce water retention!!!

i had that problem a lot on test cyp-not so much on androgel!!!

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
DW, great to see you here!!! sh*t is getting serious!

nice update Doc
well thank you Matty, it means a lot coming from you ;)

up your water intake, doc....odd as it sounds, that will reduce water retention!!!

i had that problem a lot on test cyp-not so much on androgel!!!
oooh yeah I will give that a shot lol I already have water coming out of my ears but what's a little more??? :trink26: I will let you know how it goes!

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
Today is DAY 7:
I have noticed definite strength gains, especially today. I was able to do 5 sets of 12 at 75 for incline chest press. Whic last week I was able to do 2 sets of 12 at 75, and 1 set of 10 at 75, and completed my last 2 incline chest press sets at 65 ponds for 12 reps. vid attached
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzPsWyyIXj0

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Today is DAY 7:
I have noticed definite strength gains, especially today. I was able to do 5 sets of 12 at 75 for incline chest press. Whic last week I was able to do 2 sets of 12 at 75, and 1 set of 10 at 75, and completed my last 2 incline chest press sets at 65 ponds for 12 reps. vid attached
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzPsWyyIXj0
Damn Doc, thats some good form and control you got going there. Keep it up!!!

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
am.jpg

Today was my weigh in day t have not yet heard back from my coach. I weighed in at 150.0
I was feeling pretty discouraged the other day but I made it through and don't really give a sh*t what the weight because I can see changes already....I will be drinking more water however, thank you BIGT!!

My workout today:
incline db flys @ 25 for 15x4
incline barbell press @ 75 for 12x5
rope pushdowns @ 45 for 20x4
straight bar pushdowns @ 85 for 10x3
single arm reverse grip pushdowns @ 35 for 15x3
(all weight was able to be increased this workout!!!! I was super pumped!)
cardio directly after: 40 minutes intervals treadmill
1713gym.jpg

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
Damn Doc, thats some good form and control you got going there. Keep it up!!!
thanks! when I was doing it- it was a challenge then I watched it and it looked so effortless LOL crazy

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
damn...for a woman you carry 150 very well!!! i bet you could add 10lbs and still be lean....

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
damn...for a woman you carry 150 very well!!! i bet you could add 10lbs and still be lean....
I can literally say I am big boned and mean it LOL even at my leanest my rib cage was 36"
ha ha but thanks buddy!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can literally say I am big boned and mean it LOL even at my leanest my rib cage was 36"
ha ha but thanks buddy!

big boned or not...most women whould be chunky at 150. and i say that as a sincere compliment!!!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I agree you def hold it well and are built well. I may have forgot if u mentioned it but women's physique has your name all over it. My wife is built very similar but I cannot get her to lift lol. Keep killing it lady

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Nice form in that vid. Nice controlled reps but it looked too easy you have another 10lb on that lift easy :)

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
big boned or not...most women whould be chunky at 150. and i say that as a sincere compliment!!!
I will fully and sincerely accept that compliment :kiss:

I agree you def hold it well and are built well. I may have forgot if u mentioned it but women's physique has your name all over it. My wife is built very similar but I cannot get her to lift lol. Keep killing it lady
Thanks! That is exactly what I am aiming to do. When I was in figure I was too big! It was so crazzzy how tiny the girl seemed compared to me...I am sooooooo happy about WPD. I am in the process of leaing out for that.

Nice form in that vid. Nice controlled reps but it looked too easy you have another 10lb on that lift easy :)
ha ha it really did look too easy! but it was challenging...I just made look good and my pecs are sore today! lol but yeah I will definitey increase the weight next time....thanks fo the push :thinkerg:

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
Day 8 continued to take 2 caps fated with pre-workout supp and carnatine with no problems. I am feeling stronger and was able to beat all my PR's today with the high rep routine I have going (also I have to thank Luke for the gentle prodding yesterday and I got to thinking how much heavier can I actually go until is almost unbearable...)

w/o:
Lying hamstring curls @ 30 for20
@ 45 for 15
@ 65 for 12, then immediately @ 35 for failure for 15
closestance hack squat: @ 110 for 12x4
reverse lunges (smith) @ 60 for 15
@ 70 for 15x3
butt blaster @ 70 for 15x4
leg extensions @ 65 for 20
@ 70 for 20x3
finished off with 25 mite HIIT, and 10 minute cooldown...I should be hurtin tomorrow!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys! I am scared and excited for the pain tomorrow will bring lol
get over it...nothing ever lives up to being as bad as you imagine it to be....well almost nothing, lol.

neddo

neddo

Awards
Day 8 continued to take 2 caps fated with pre-workout supp and carnatine with no problems. I am feeling stronger and was able to beat all my PR's today with the high rep routine I have going (also I have to thank Luke for the gentle prodding yesterday and I got to thinking how much heavier can I actually go until is almost unbearable...)

I should be hurtin tomorrow!
Yesss, these are what make the world go 'round :p

In! Sorry for getting in late, didn't notice you updated the Promo thread with this. :cool:

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
Yesss, these are what make the world go 'round :p

In! Sorry for getting in late, didn't notice you updated the Promo thread with this. :cool:
ALL RIGHT!!!! lol Happy you here buddy! Thanks! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
Day 9
Lat pulldowns (underhand) @ 90 for 15x4
stiff arm pulldowns @ 50 for 12x4
seated pullerow @ 100 for 14x4
behind nek pulldowns @ 80 for 20x4
AGAIN broke all PR's for this day!!!
cardio consisted of 40 minutes of crostraining intervals

DAY 10
Cardio only day: step mill for 20 minutes with 10 sprints on arc trainer

things are going really well, feeling much leaner but the scale hasn't budged...sto me that means I am maintaing/building muscle while dropping the fat!!! awesome!

msrider

msrider

Awards
Day 9
Lat pulldowns (underhand) @ 90 for 15x4
stiff arm pulldowns @ 50 for 12x4
seated pullerow @ 100 for 14x4
behind nek pulldowns @ 80 for 20x4
AGAIN broke all PR's for this day!!!
cardio consisted of 40 minutes of crostraining intervals

DAY 10
Cardio only day: step mill for 20 minutes with 10 sprints on arc trainer

things are going really well, feeling much leaner but the scale hasn't budged...sto me that means I am maintaing/building muscle while dropping the fat!!! awesome!
Great work woman! Keep killing it. Looks as if your building lots of musscle in here and your strength is up aswell, Nice Work!

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
Day 11
cable lateralraise @ 10 for 15x4
stang DB lat raise @ 15 for 12
@ 17.5 for 10
@ 17.5 for 8, @ 15 for 4
db shoulder press @ 30 for 10x4
bent over db lat raise @ 22.5 for 15x4
standing cable bi curl @ 40 for 20
@ 40 for 10/ @ 35 for 10
@35 for 20
@ 32.5 for 20
incline db curl @ 17.5 for 12/ @ 15 for7
@ 15 for 15x3

Cardio: hill lunges/speed walk intervals 40 minutes

neddo

neddo

Awards
Nice job on the pressing! I would shoot through the "up" phase, as you have the controlled "down" phase downpat really well. Keep it up the hardwork :)