Chick won't be a MANgina on PR-XT

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

  1. Day 15
    continue to take 2 caps on empty stomach, and 2 caps with breakfast, immediately following my workouts.

    lying hamstring curls @ 35 for 20
    @ 55 for 15x2
    @ 70 for 12/@ 35 for 20
    close stance hack squat @ 110 for 12
    @ 180 for 12x3
    reverse lunge smith machine @ 80 for 15x4 (KILLER!!!)
    butt blaster @ 70 for 15
    @ 85 for 15
    @ 100 for 15
    @ 115 for 15
    leg extensions @ 50 for 20x4
    cardio: 40 min hill lunge/flat fast walk intervals

    Day 16
    Was a full rest day. I have not taken a complete rest day in 29 days. I kind of had a mental/ physical breakdown as I became discouraged at my lack of visual results. I feel good and that I am changing and getting stronger but my body is barely showing it. I spoke with my coach by phone yesterday, and he told me that this will be a slow process because he believes I have some metabolic damage from my last contest prep. He told me that the only thing that will correct this is a lot of food and time. We will be increasing my calories, most likely next week, to see if my body can maintain the weight with some added carbs -about 10 gm. His had intended for me to respond favorably to the keto diet I was on intitally for the 2 weeks and for me to lose at least 10 pounds. I lost 4, and then when introduced to carbs had put most of the weight right back on...that's when he knew.
    So yesterday I needed a mental/physical break from training to gain better perspective. This morning I am about to go to the gym but not as enthused as usual but still gonna kill it!
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net


  2. I probably don't need to tell you, but don't discount the benefits of rest!! I imagine your CNS is pretty taxed as you've been kicking tons of ass!
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    I probably don't need to tell you, but don't discount the benefits of rest!! I imagine your CNS is pretty taxed as you've been kicking tons of ass!
    yeah I was happy to have taken a whole day off still feel exhausted today but much better than yesterday...can only get better from here!
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net

  4. Day 17
    lat pulldowns, underhand @ 90 for 15
    @95 for 15, 12x2
    stiff arm pulldowns @ 50 for 12x4
    1arm db [email protected] 55 for 10x4
    seated pulley row @ 100 for 14
    @ 95 for 14x5

    40 min cardio= 5 min bike, 25 min walk, lunge, run intervals with increasing inclines, 10 min elliptical
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net

  5. Quote Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
    yeah I was happy to have taken a whole day off still feel exhausted today but much better than yesterday...can only get better from here!
    doc...you can only get so much water from a well until you have to wait until it rains to replenish...


    looks to me like it hasn't rained yet!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
    •   
       


  6. Day 18
    cable lateral side raise @ 10 for 15x4
    standing db side lateral @ 17.5 for 10x2
    @15 for 10x2
    DB shoulder press @ 35 for 10, 9
    @ 30 for 10,9
    bentover db lateral [email protected] for 15x4
    standing cable bicep curl @ 30 for 20
    @ 32.5 for 20x3
    incline db curl @ 15 for 15x3
    Cardio= 40min of cross training using bike, step mill, arc trainer, and treadmill

    Day 19
    seated hamstring curls @ 75 for 20
    @ 80 for 20x3
    romanian deadlift @ 135 for 15
    @ 140 for 15, 12
    @ 135 for 10

    seated abductor @ 190 for 20/ @ 195 for 20/ @ 200 for 20
    (SS) seated adductor @ 190 for 20/ @195 for 20/ @ 200 for 20

    Walking lunges for 50x4
    (SS) goblet squats @ 30 for 15/ @ 50 for 15x3
    CARDIO= 20 min stemill (alternating position of feet by the minute) and 10 sprints on the arc trainer.

    Day 20
    CARDIO ONLY DAY= 40 min on treadmill (5 min intervals of walking fast 0% incline, and 20%incline lunges)

    I do belive my body composition is changing. I feel that my legs are getting leaner especially around the butt and upper thigh area, and I am seeing more definition in my arms. I stepped on the scale a day early (today) and my weight went up by 0.2lb. I have decided that I needan alternate point of measure, and began taking actual body measurements with tape yesterday- I should have been doing this from the very beginning but I think I was confident that the numbers on the scale would change dramatically each week.

    I am still taking the PR-XT on an empty stomach, and the only effects I have been witness to is ass kicking in the gym
    My lifts are increasing weekly but for some of the exercises and I also feel that some of the exercises haven't shown an increase but a decrease-but I think this is due to changing gyms, and using different equipment...so I feel that when I use the cable machine/machines it has different tensions than my last gym- so I do not pay the decrease in those lifts any mind because it is an entirely new piece of equipment to me altogether and just gonna use that as baseline for improvement!

    My weigh-in/check-in is tomorrow....
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net

  7. Day 21
    Today was my weigh-in day...and I am back up to 150.0 This time I am not worried. I am doing great. I was actually thinking, what if the PR-XT is doing what it actually says it does???? I am truly recomping. I am leaning out, getting stronger, but adding size, and the scale has not budged! I am curious to see what happens to my body after I stop taking it (Sunday is my last day). So I wll update this thread afterward as well to let people know the results once I have stopped taking the PR-XT

    W/O
    Incline DB flys @ 27.5 x15
    @ 30 for 15x3
    Incline barbell press @ 70 for 10, 9
    @ 65 for 10x2 (Now this weight I decreased but I did the press as DW had suggested bringing it lower with a 2-3sec pause!!!)
    Rope [email protected] 50 for 20
    @55 for 20x3
    Straight bar pushdown @ 90 for 10x3
    single arm reverse grip pushdown @ 25 for 15x3 (each arm) *this exercise the weight was decreased because I have noticed that as I try to bring up the weight I am using my shoulder more than the tricep, so i reduced to focus more on the muscle I have intended to work.

    Cardio= 35min treadmill with increasing incline and intervals of walk, lunge, run for 25min, 10min 0% incline at 3.6mph
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net

  8. Name:  12113-3.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  89.2 KB
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net

  9. Quote Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
    Day 21
    Today was my weigh-in day...and I am back up to 150.0 This time I am not worried. I am doing great. I was actually thinking, what if the PR-XT is doing what it actually says it does???? I am truly recomping. I am leaning out, getting stronger, but adding size, and the scale has not budged! I am curious to see what happens to my body after I stop taking it (Sunday is my last day). So I wll update this thread afterward as well to let people know the results once I have stopped taking the PR-XT

    W/O
    Incline DB flys @ 27.5 x15
    @ 30 for 15x3
    Incline barbell press @ 70 for 10, 9
    @ 65 for 10x2 (Now this weight I decreased but I did the press as DW had suggested bringing it lower with a 2-3sec pause!!!)
    Rope [email protected] 50 for 20
    @55 for 20x3
    Straight bar pushdown @ 90 for 10x3
    single arm reverse grip pushdown @ 25 for 15x3 (each arm) *this exercise the weight was decreased because I have noticed that as I try to bring up the weight I am using my shoulder more than the tricep, so i reduced to focus more on the muscle I have intended to work.

    Cardio= 35min treadmill with increasing incline and intervals of walk, lunge, run for 25min, 10min 0% incline at 3.6mph
    Nice update Doc! Scales can be a person's worst enemy when trying to get/stay in shape. Too many people rely just on what the scales say. I use pics the most to detemine my progress. Keep up the good work!!
    After a year off, I'm back

  10. Excellent work. Don't sweat the scale. I see noticeably more definition in your delts and you are leaner around the hips and lower abdominal area. F that scale, love the mirror!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    Nice update Doc! Scales can be a person's worst enemy when trying to get/stay in shape. Too many people rely just on what the scales say. I use pics the most to detemine my progress. Keep up the good work!!
    I know I should have had an additional method of measure from the very beginning. So the pics are good but I am also using the tape measure now too

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    Excellent work. Don't sweat the scale. I see noticeably more definition in your delts and you are leaner around the hips and lower abdominal area. F that scale, love the mirror!
    Phew! Thanks! I thought I was seeing some of that too, especially in the delts. Which means that I am really leaning out, and increasing the size of my awesome muscles lol!

    You guys are awesome thank you and I appreciate you being here with me :-*
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net

  12. Great workouts Doc! Your Biceps are showing nice peaks! Keep it up!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by msrider View Post
    Great workouts Doc! Your Biceps are showing nice peaks! Keep it up!
    Thanks for noticing!
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net

  14. Day 22
    Feeling another day of burnout...I made it through my workout but not with the same enthusiasm, torturous actually and not in a good way. I sent an email to my coach asking about the 7 day/wk cardio he didn't explain but just said to take cut a day out, and that every body is different. I think I may be looking into a different coach next time around because his communication just plain sucks. Sorry I am a little toasted today lol. I will be taking tomorrow off from all training but still taking the PR-XT as suggested for non-training days.

    So todays workout:
    lying hamstring curls @ 40 for 20
    @ 60 for 15x2
    @ 75 for 12/ @ 40 for 15
    close stance hack squat @ 140 for 12x4 (lighter wieght than last week but focused more on form, and depth)
    reverse lunge @ 65 for 15x4 (lighter than last week but did this without smith machine assistance-heavier next time without smith)
    Squats!!! @ 65 for 12x4 (I told my coach that I missed squatting, I will be removing that stupid butt blaster machine but now adding cable kickbacks for an isolation move...went light with this squat too because I really want to focus on my form and taking it to parallel- will be adding a little more weight next time)
    leg extension @ 50 for 20x4

    Cardio: cross training intervals using bike, step mill, treadmill, arc trainer totalling 40 min.

    I am F'N done! complete zombie right now, just mentally/physically spent. k I am done
    Hope you all are having a great day!
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net

  15. Quote Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
    Day 22
    Feeling another day of burnout...I made it through my workout but not with the same enthusiasm, torturous actually and not in a good way. I sent an email to my coach asking about the 7 day/wk cardio he didn't explain but just said to take cut a day out, and that every body is different. I think I may be looking into a different coach next time around because his communication just plain sucks. Sorry I am a little toasted today lol. I will be taking tomorrow off from all training but still taking the PR-XT as suggested for non-training days.

    So todays workout:
    lying hamstring curls @ 40 for 20
    @ 60 for 15x2
    @ 75 for 12/ @ 40 for 15
    close stance hack squat @ 140 for 12x4 (lighter wieght than last week but focused more on form, and depth)
    reverse lunge @ 65 for 15x4 (lighter than last week but did this without smith machine assistance-heavier next time without smith)
    Squats!!! @ 65 for 12x4 (I told my coach that I missed squatting, I will be removing that stupid butt blaster machine but now adding cable kickbacks for an isolation move...went light with this squat too because I really want to focus on my form and taking it to parallel- will be adding a little more weight next time)
    leg extension @ 50 for 20x4

    Cardio: cross training intervals using bike, step mill, treadmill, arc trainer totalling 40 min.

    I am F'N done! complete zombie right now, just mentally/physically spent. k I am done
    Hope you all are having a great day!
    Good updates Doc glad your still doing well, burnout sucks. The communication thing is a joke IMO. Don't put up with that crap. Seriously the coach I have right and will never leave btw, answers all my FB posts, emails, phone calls, texts, etc any time/day/week. He was just on vacation in Hawaii for 14 days and we had just started my very first prep, so needless to say I asked him questions almost daily and he responded within a few hours. He coaches people all over the east and west coast. My point is you are paying the man/woman so don't put up with that. End rant.

    Hope u feel better rest up or else there is no use putting the work in.

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent

  16. Quote Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
    Name:  12113-3.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  89.2 KB
    OMG...you are SOOO fat!!!!









    snap out of it, lol.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Good updates Doc glad your still doing well, burnout sucks. The communication thing is a joke IMO. Don't put up with that crap. Seriously the coach I have right and will never leave btw, answers all my FB posts, emails, phone calls, texts, etc any time/day/week. He was just on vacation in Hawaii for 14 days and we had just started my very first prep, so needless to say I asked him questions almost daily and he responded within a few hours. He coaches people all over the east and west coast. My point is you are paying the man/woman so don't put up with that. End rant.

    Hope u feel better rest up or else there is no use putting the work in.

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Sounds like you have a really great coach...I wouldn't give that up either lol! Good luck with your contest!!!! How exciting! :-D and my ass is not leaving the house tomorrow!
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net

  18. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    OMG...you are SOOO fat!!!!









    snap out of it, lol.
    LOL you are such an ass! HA HA! It's not that I feel fat, I am just irritated by the slow progress. I want more muscle definition, AND more direct communication with my coach :-P
    Snapping it out of it....tomorrow night! lol
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net

  19. Quote Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
    . I think I may be looking into a different coach next time around because his communication just plain sucks.
    Hmmmm, I wonder if your coach is the same coach I dealings with a few months back.......

  20. Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    Hmmmm, I wonder if your coach is the same coach I dealings with a few months back.......
    eeeew! I hope this is not a common coaching practice....
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net

  21. slept about 12 hours last night! I slpet until after 9 this morning...this is a miracle because I cannot for the life of me sleep past 6am! I must have really needed it! wow! I will be enjoying my rest day, ALL DAY
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net

  22. Quote Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
    slept about 12 hours last night! I slpet until after 9 this morning...this is a miracle because I cannot for the life of me sleep past 6am! I must have really needed it! wow! I will be enjoying my rest day, ALL DAY
    See! your body knows what you need!!

    And sadly, I think it is a common coaching practice, at least from my experience. I tried it once, and probably never again.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
    LOL you are such an ass! HA HA! It's not that I feel fat, I am just irritated by the slow progress. I want more muscle definition, AND more direct communication with my coach :-P
    Snapping it out of it....tomorrow night! lol

    lol...the baby's motto: i want what i want when i want it....unfortunately there is some of that in all of us!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post

    LOL you are such an ass! HA HA! It's not that I feel fat, I am just irritated by the slow progress. I want more muscle definition, AND more direct communication with my coach :-P
    Snapping it out of it....tomorrow night! lol
    Read this its my coach's wife's blog. We all want where we are going now its normal don't sweat just keep doing your thing!

    http://krispitcher.blogspot.com/2013...eline.html?m=1

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent

  25. Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    See! your body knows what you need!!

    And sadly, I think it is a common coaching practice, at least from my experience. I tried it once, and probably never again.
    ugh...I am sorry you did not have such a great experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    lol...the baby's motto: i want what i want when i want it....unfortunately there is some of that in all of us!!!
    WHAAAAAA!!!!! lol there certainly is an infant in all of us! HA HA!

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Read this its my coach's wife's blog. We all want where we are going now its normal don't sweat just keep doing your thing!

    http://krispitcher.blogspot.com/2013...eline.html?m=1

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Yeah I will definitely be checking out that blog! Thanks! I know instant graitification would be awesome but then again if we didn't have to work so damn hard for it we would probably take it for granted
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Can a cycle be "wet" while on Letrozole?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 11:41 AM
  2. Anyway to not be shutdown while on TRT?
    By willis3 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 03:37 PM
  3. Seeing I won't be doing another cycle till winter.
    By Jim Mills in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 01:40 PM
  4. Which car will be more expensive on gas??
    By sas4488 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 02:34 AM
  5. Should we be stocking up on Nolva/Clomid?
    By DieTrying in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 04:20 AM
Log in
Log in