ORIGIN: Rising From A New Beginning - Genomyx Sponsored Log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

ORIGIN: Rising From A New Beginning - Genomyx Sponsored Log

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'5"  128 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subbed

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post

Lol... I work nights and usually I'll do my cardio fasted when I wake up so doing weights when I get off work doesn't afford me much time to sleep especially if I'm working back to back (to back) nights :-(!

I'm still very surprised by the taste of Origin. Not too sweet, not too chalky, and easy to drink. Look forward to taking it as much as I look forward to actually working out!
    Sleep is over rated.
    Just kidding. I can understand that. It's hard when you don't have a normal schedule to fit lots in. I only have time for lifting on shorter run days.
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Chest. Roasted. Will update later when I'm not on my phone.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Chest. Roasted. Will update later when I'm not on my phone.
    i came a little.. no homo
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

DAY 6: CHEST

Sorry for the delay! I was so tired yesterday I just came home and passed out This time I took 3 scoops of ORIGIN prior to my workout since I was pretty tired from working the night before and needed a little extra kick to get myself into the workout mood. I had such a high amount of energy that I didn't want to leave the gym after my workout concluded... and I didn't even want to go to bed when I got home but I had to force myself to relax (thanks, benadryl )

DB PULLOVER: 40x10WU 60x10,10,10 felt kinda easy so... 75x10

BARBELL INCLINE PRESS: 45x10WU 95x10 115x10 135x8 115x10

FLAT BENCH BARBELL PRESS: 45x10WU 135x10WU 155x10 175x8 155x9 (fail @ 10) 135x8 (fail @ 9)

HS CHEST PRESS: 100x10,10,10,10

INCLINE DB FLYS: 20s x10,10,10,10

MACHINE FLYS: 100x10,10,10,10

Needless to say my chest is sore as **** today. After the last of the pressing movements it didn't even feel like I was lifting anything during the fly movements which made me kind of upset because I didn't feel like I was working anything. Woke up today realizing that just because you don't get a pump from the workout doesn't mean you aren't activating the fibers lol. ORIGIN did its job again today at giving me great focus, drive, and maintaining my intensity. Rest periods were incredibly short. I had a partner lifting with me today so whenever he finished his set (of the same reps I was doing) we'd switch places. We got out of there just a little over an hour. Quick, effective workout.

Tomorrow I'll be going for a run with the wife and come Monday I have a revamped BACK day that I can't wait to try out.

Stay tuned,

DJ
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Nice detail so far!
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

DAY 7: BACK

I was super psyched to get into the gym today and give this workout a go! Woke up and shot straight out of bed I was that excited! Although I didn't post it here because I didn't take ORIGIN prior, I did run 6 miles yesterday which happened out of the blue so I didn't want to do anything that involved the legs whatsoever today. I took 2.5 scoops of ORIGIN before working out and the workout was epic (at least for me). Focus was strong... perhaps TOO strong My workout partner today remarked on how although he didn't like coming to the gym when it is crowded, he didn't mind the plethora of hot women to look at to which I responded to him with "what hot women?" I didn't notice anyone else in the gym besides myself and the weights I was moving. He blamed it on "marriage goggles." I blamed it on ORIGIN Even right now as I'm typing this I can still feel the energy surging through me. Nice and smooth and I know I'm not in for a crash later!

SUPERSET WARMUP 1: PULLUPS/DIPS: All sets used bodyweight, no rest periods 1) 6P/15D 2) 5P/10D 3) 3P/8D 4) 2P/6D

SUPERSET WARMUP 2: UPRIGHT ROW/REAR DELT FLY/RDF MACHINE: 1) 10x70,10x15,10x100 2) 10x70,10x15,10x100 3) 10x85, 10x15,10x100 4) 10x100,10x15,10x100

STANDING LAT PULLOVER: 40x10,10,10,10 (these were new to me and very enjoyable but my height limited the stretch I could get since the weights would return to the stack before I was fully stretched )

LAT PULLDOWN: 85x10 70x10,10 100x10

BENT OVER ROW: 95x10 75x10,10 85x10

SEATED ROWS - WIDE: 55x10,10,10 70x10

SEATED ROWS - NARROW: 85x10 80x10,10 100x10

ONE-ARM DB ROWS: 30x10,10,10 40x10

RACK PULLS: 135x10 225x10 315x8 275x10,10 185x10

Low weight, volume, stretch and squeeze were all the name of the game today. I miss the "pump" I used to feel taking other preworkouts on a day like this but just because it isn't there doesn't mean nothing happened... I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow and feel plenty sore. This workout lasted around 1.5hrs today and ORIGIN kept me going and kept me focused the entire freaking time. I'm still in the zone now. Maybe I'll do some abs

DJ
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice volume dj(: i see you're still destroying your workout!!!
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    Nice volume dj(: i see you're still destroying your workout!!!
    Yea bro felt great today. Soreness/tightness is starting to settle in. Probably going to do arms tomorrow. Stoked!
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Killing it bro
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Keep it up
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

DAY 8: ARMS

So much for not feeling that back workout yesterday during the workout... woke up today sore as ****! Something must have been working! Slept great and woke up ready to get back into the gym. I wanted to do shoulders but since I hit some of that during yesterdays back workout I decided to hold off and do arms instead. Threw down 2 scoops of ORIGIN and headed for the gym.

WRIST CURLS: 40x20 60x20,20,20 (prev. 60x20,20,15)

REVERSE CURLS: 20x20 50x10+40x10 40x20,20 (each set 10 reps wrists tilted down/10 reps wrists tilted up)

HAMMER CURLS: 20x15 25x15,15,15,15 (wt. ea. hand... up since last time )

TRICEP PUSHDOWN: 45x20,20,20,20 (10 reps underhand/10 reps overhand)

OVERHEAD DB EXTENSION: 30x20,20,20 35x20 (may have to rotate this with skullcrushers since I don't feel it as much as I think I should)

CLOSE GRIP BENCHPRESS: 75x15,15,15,15 (still not sure about these... I still feel it in my chest? Maybe I need to go more narrow)

STRAIGHT BAR CURL: 40x20,20 40x10+30x10 30x20

INCLINE DB CURL: 15x10+10x10 10x20

CONCENTRATION CURL: 10x20,20

I'm not sure what I would be doing if I wasn't working with this much volume because ORIGIN gives me energy for DAYS. Although next week I will be switching the rep counts lower and working with some heavier weights for this workout. I have always responded very well to the low weight/high rep scheme (although feeling like I get some strange looks in the gym for lifting what appears to be extremely light weight :\) but I'd like to switch it up every once in awhile and get back the medium/heavy weights and keep the muscles guessing. Due to the fact that I'm currently training for the mini-marathon I've decided to take my leg workout out completely. It's difficult to lift legs and then try and run long distances the following or a few days following that routine. So for now my split has become: CHEST/BACK/ARMS/SHOULDERS with cardio around 3-4x a week. I've really been enjoying my new routine right now and hope to see results in the mirror...

... and now back to THE FREAKING INTRO VIDEO that I have been putting off for awhile now... I will have that filmed TODAY! I'm taking tomorrow off since I'll be running on Thursday (my birthday!!) with the wife so I'll have plenty of time to shoot the intro vid. So don't worry peeps I haven't forgotten about it!

DJ

http://www.djbeanpole.com/?p=553
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Website updated with all workouts I've done so far that have been tracked here. In case anyone was checking into that...
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

Website updated with all workouts I've done so far that have been tracked here. In case anyone was checking into that...

I hate these forum updates....it works as is..stop playing with it haha
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by oogaly_boogal View Post
    I hate these forum updates....it works as is..stop playing with it haha
    Yea you right haha why did I even make this thread
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

Yea you right haha why did I even make this thread

huh? I meant the admin's changes, I thought you were referring to the forum changes messing with your thread. I know I'm having difficulty linking back to mine still.
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by oogaly_boogal View Post
    huh? I meant the admin's changes, I thought you were referring to the forum changes messing with your thread. I know I'm having difficulty linking back to mine still.
    Oh lol... I read what you put differently. I usually try to copy/paste all my forum updates here onto my own personal webpage thats what I meant!

But yea I know what you mean. I'm not sure if its my web browser at work or the updated website but ever since they updated I can't even see my notifications anymore. I can see the little globe icon and it turns red when I have a new notification but when I hover my mouse over it nothing happens. I have to scroll through most of the forums if I deleted the email in order to find what thread I have a notification about!
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Well without further delay here is the "intro" video that I meant to do awhile ago For some reason I was nervous shooting this video (its actually the 2nd take, the first take was much better but when I went to watch it I cut my head for most of the video thanks to poor camera angling) and misspoke a few times (I called Lecheek preworkout MassHGH which is incorrect lol) but here it is finally!

OP updated with this video in its place
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Well without further delay here is the "intro" video that I meant to do awhile ago For some reason I was nervous shooting this video (its actually the 2nd take, the first take was much better but when I went to watch it I cut my head for most of the video thanks to poor camera angling) and misspoke a few times (I called Lecheek preworkout MassHGH which is incorrect lol) but here it is finally!

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A5R_-b8Ppw

OP updated with this video in its place
    Thanks man for the video shout out.

As for your close grip bench press where are you gripping the bar at? When I do it, I maybe have a little more that a hand length separating my hands but be careful cause it's an awkward motion at first.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Thanks man for the video shout out.

As for your close grip bench press where are you gripping the bar at? When I do it, I maybe have a little more that a hand length separating my hands but be careful cause it's an awkward motion at first.
    No problem Gotta shout out the company that allowed me to log !

As for the close grip pressing... I've been keeping about 6-8 inches in between my hands (thats what she said). Its definitely MUCH closer than conventional grip (as it needs to be, obviously), and I hear ya about the awkward motion almost like it feels like I might put too much of a strain on my wrists. Thinking of the standard barbell and kneurling:

XXXX------XXCXX-----XXXX (w/ C = center, the X's being kneurling and the -'s being the smooth part of the bar) I have hands like this:

XXXP-----XXCXX-----PXXX w/ P being the pinky fingers of both hands. Perhaps I need to move a little bit closer together.

Should the bar be traveling on the same path as a regular bench press? To just near the nipple line?
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

I say yes. When I close grip it's always explosive. Like I'm double punching some one. My tris are my limiting factor on bench so doing explosive close grip addresses that well.

I also have around a fist size gap between my hands.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    I say yes. When I close grip it's always explosive. Like I'm double punching some one. My tris are my limiting factor on bench so doing explosive close grip addresses that well.

I also have around a fist size gap between my hands.
    Yeah similar. I kind of think of my motion is like the car jack that comes in your car. Diamond type explosive move...
  23. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Happy B-day DJ! Do something fun!
    Squats do a booty good.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Happy B-day DJ! Do something fun!
    Thanks gokix :-) definitely planning on it!
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Happy celebrations for the day of your birth.
  26. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

happy bday dj!!!
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    happy bday dj!!!
    THIS!!!!!
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Thanks guys :-) did some HIIT cardio earlier in the day after throwing down 2 scoops of ORIGIN. I was worried about how well I would perform considering I've been doing strictly LISS lately but to be honest it was a friggin breeze and the time flew by. Did 10 cycles of 1:30 brisk walk and 30 seconds of all out sprints. Including warm up/cool down clocked in at 3 miles and burned just under 400 cals in 25 minutes!
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks guys :-) did some HIIT cardio earlier in the day after throwing down 2 scoops of ORIGIN. I was worried about how well I would perform considering I've been doing strictly LISS lately but to be honest it was a friggin breeze and the time flew by. Did 10 cycles of 1:30 brisk walk and 30 seconds of all out sprints. Including warm up/cool down clocked in at 3 miles and burned just under 400 cals in 25 minutes!
    That's HIIT baby! Love it, doin that saturday! How's the stim feeling from origin.. Lotta caffeine per scoop, no?
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post

That's HIIT baby! Love it, doin that saturday! How's the stim feeling from origin.. Lotta caffeine per scoop, no?
    Origin has di-caffeine malate (sp?) In it and is the first preworkout/supplement that I've taken to have this ingredient in it. Now I may sound like I'm just reiterating what the NutraPlanet description already says, but the energy from this type of caffeine comes on very smooth and slowly builds itself up to a nice clean ride. I'm sure we've all tried Redbull or Monster energy drinks before (or even the caffeine from the EC stack) and usually in my experience you go from 0 to 100mph in about 30 minutes with jitters, rapid heart rate, and a almost panic attack type of feeling which ultimately results in a crash and you feel worse off then when you started. The stim in Origin does none of this. Clean buildup of energy, jitter free, nice and focused with no panicky feelings and with no crash just a slow taper back down to baseline. I'm enjoying it.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Origin has di-caffeine malate (sp?) In it and is the first preworkout/supplement that I've taken to have this ingredient in it. Now I may sound like I'm just reiterating what the NutraPlanet description already says, but the energy from this type of caffeine comes on very smooth and slowly builds itself up to a nice clean ride. I'm sure we've all tried Redbull or Monster energy drinks before (or even the caffeine from the EC stack) and usually in my experience you go from 0 to 100mph in about 30 minutes with jitters, rapid heart rate, and a almost panic attack type of feeling which ultimately results in a crash and you feel worse off then when you started. The stim in Origin does none of this. Clean buildup of energy, jitter free, nice and focused with no panicky feelings and with no crash just a slow taper back down to baseline. I'm enjoying it.
    Great description thanks!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Agreed!
  33. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I don't know the exact conversion but the dicaffeine malate isn't like straight caffeine. DJ gives a good explanation below though and that is similar to my experiences.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I don't know the exact conversion but the dicaffeine malate isn't like straight caffeine. DJ gives a good explanation below though and that is similar to my experiences.
    It is about 75% so a serving of Origin has roughly 250mg caffeine (125mg per scoop)
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

DAY 9: SHOULDERS

Quick and dirty. Slept in and had to see the parents for the traditional birthday dinner and I wanted to squeeze in a quick workout. Since I had taken some slight shoulder work during the last BACK exercise this workout today was short and sweet. ORIGIN about 30 minutes prior... but then I lost track of time playing Black Ops 2 on my PS3. So I took one more scoop prior to even getting into the gym. I was almost expecting some sort of stim/caffeine overdose feeling because of the relatively short period of taking the 3 scoops but this did not happen at all. The same smooth energy came and left without a crash and the focus was just as intense as ever.

SEATED DB SHOULDER PRESS: 50x10,10,10,8 dropset 35x6 dropset 25x9

DB SHRUGS: 75x10 80x10 90x10 95x10 40x20 30x20

SCAPTION: (combination of front/side raises) 15x10,10,10,13

FACE PULLS: 70x10,10 60x10,15
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

nice, i thoguht iw as theonly one that did drops on DB shoulder presses lol
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    nice, i thoguht iw as theonly one that did drops on DB shoulder presses lol
    I did the dropsets only because I knew the workout was going to go quick and really wanted to burn the shoulders down. Feels silly looking at myself in the mirror pressing only 25lbs dumbbells in each hand but my shoulders are screaming at me by that point.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

DAY 10: CHEST

Today was a fun day in the gym for sure... I ended up leaving that place having broke one of the dumbbells :| but it wasn't my fault! I blame ORIGIN !

DB BENCHPRESS: 40x20 70x10,10,10,9 (wt. ea. hand) On the last set with the 70s I ended up failing on the 10th rep... I only got halfway up, but I brought the DBs down in a nice controlled motion. I never slam them or throw them onto the ground. Well as I got up from the bench to place the 70s back in the rack I noticed the one I used for my right hand had fallen apart and the plates that are used to comprise the weight of the DB had rolled around on the floor. What happened was that the bolt that kept everything in place simply sheered and snapped. I was just glad it didn't happen while I was mid rep or that would have headed straight for my face!

DB INCLINE PRESS: 30x12 40x10,10,10,10

DB PULLOVER: 40x15 60x10,10,10,12

CABLE FLY: 40x10,10,10,13

MACHINE FLY: 130x10 135x10 140x10 145x10

CHEST PRESS: Dropset finisher 130x10 115x7 100x6 85x7 55x20
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

im glad that didnt fall apart on you while in motion.very close call huh!nice work tho.
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    im glad that didnt fall apart on you while in motion.very close call huh!nice work tho.
    Haha yea... had something of happened I would have been all over management in a second. I'm assuming this has happened before because for like 3 weeks straight this gym was missing a single 45 and 60. Kind of makes me uncomfortable thinking I'm lifting with half-assed equipment. Hell one of the benchpress benches will have its back 2 stabilizer legs come off the ground if the bar is loaded up with enough weight... scary ****! But I love that gym. Hardly busy when I'm in there except for the cardio bunnies watching their ipads and moving 200mph on an elliptical.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. E-Pharm's New Mystery Product (sponsored log)
    By mich29 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 02:17 AM
  2. DeltaForce New Years REZOLUTION!!! (Sponsored Log)
    By Delta Force in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 10:58 PM
  3. question from the new guy
    By 180pounds in forum Bulking
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 06:25 AM
  4. New Methyl 1-test log to begin
    By DumbRussian in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 01:10 AM
  5. New member and sponsor saying Hello