Killin it with Genomyx Origin

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wanna thank Benzo and everyone at Genomyx for giving me this opportunity to try Origin.

First thing I noticed was the taste. It tastes just like cherry Kool-Aid, and within 25 minutes I was feeling like Kool-Aid man bustin through a brick wall screaming "Oh Yeaaaah!". Got to the gym and was feeling focused and ready to put up some weight!

Tonight was chest and triceps.
Flat bb bench reverse pyramid
135x10x2 warm up
250x8
245x10
225x12
135x15

Feeling good. Good pump and nice vascularity. My focus was very good.

Incline bb
185x12x3
Decline bb
235x10x3
Cable crossover drop sets

Chest was looking good and very swoll. Was running out of time as the gym was closing in 15 minutes. Had to bust through triceps.

Skull crushers 35 per side 3x10
Push downs 3x10 superset with
Reverse grip push downs 3x10

Felt like I could keep going but unfortunately they kicked me out. Tomorrow is cardio and bjj training. Those boys don't know what's comIn!!!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
BaBoom!

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I wanna thank Benzo and everyone at Genomyx for giving me this opportunity to try Origin.

First thing I noticed was the taste. It tastes just like cherry Kool-Aid, and within 25 minutes I was feeling like Kool-Aid man bustin through a brick wall screaming "Oh Yeaaaah!". Got to the gym and was feeling focused and ready to put up some weight!

Tonight was chest and triceps.
Flat bb bench reverse pyramid
135x10x2 warm up
250x8
245x10
225x12
135x15

Feeling good. Good pump and nice vascularity. My focus was very good.

Incline bb
185x12x3
Decline bb
235x10x3
Cable crossover drop sets

Chest was looking good and very swoll. Was running out of time as the gym was closing in 15 minutes. Had to bust through triceps.

Skull crushers 35 per side 3x10
Push downs 3x10 superset with
Reverse grip push downs 3x10

Felt like I could keep going but unfortunately they kicked me out. Tomorrow is cardio and bjj training. Those boys don't know what's comIn!!!
Yeah man! I know that same feeling of not wanting to leave the gym... Get it!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's up fellas? Today was cardio and bjj.
I decided to only take 1/2 a serving (1 scoop) and see how it would go. Again I gotta say this has to be the best tasting pwo I've tried. By the time I got to the gym I had a nice little tingle going and intense focus. I think that is my favorite thing about Origin. Training was first. Only a couple guys showed up so we only rolled for about 45 mins. I ended up catching a guy that I had really struggled against, in a triangle and getting him to tap, I am calling that a PR!! After training my energy level was still good. I rode the bike for 15 mins and then hit the treadmill for another 20 mins. Kept my HR around 165. Most of the other pwo's I've tried tended to make me crash pretty hard but I'm not getting that with Origin (big plus!) tomorrow is Back/Bi's and Cardio.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was trying to find a funny pic to put in here and I goggled "I'm up in this thread gif" and this was the first thing that popped up so I figured I'd better put it in here ;)

I'M UP IN THIS THR.... OOOOOH BOUNCY!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was trying to find a funny pic to put in here and I goggled "I'm up in this thread gif" and this was the first thing that popped up so I figured I'd better put it in here ;)

I'M UP IN THIS THR.... OOOOOH BOUNCY!
Welcome bro. I do love a girl in glasses and a low cut shirt haha!!

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
I'm here. The party can start! :)

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What up errrbody? Today like I said was back/bis and cardio. Took a full serving and within no time I was ready to bust out some reps!!

Hayward Face Pulls
57.5x10x5 raising the rope attachment a couple clicks after each set. I got a great pump from this. My traps were bulging!!

Next up full range pull downs. This was the first time I had tried these and the burn was awesome!!!
100x10x3

Finished up back with some standard rows
160x10x3

Then on to biceps
Standing db curls
55x10x3
Incline db curls
35x10x3 these are killers for me, forearms were on fire!
Wide grip guillotine curls to finish it off
50x12x4

Great pump and focus. I am a pretty vascular guy anyway but have noticed even more vascularity with Origin!! Can't say enough about the focus I get with this. Lovin it!!

Go back tonight for some cardio.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Two a days? I love getting a heavy work out in then later a speed/agility work out.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Two a days? I love getting a heavy work out in then later a speed/agility work out.
Ya I'm fighting in February so really trying to get my cardio up. It's my first one and I've watched a lot of these low tier shows and that seems to be a huge deciding factor.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Cardio is everything in rugby. MMA and wrestling its just as insane.

I feel 2 a day just speed progression so much

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well it was a long day today. My wife's blood sugar got a little whacky so spent most of the day in the ER. She's home though and all is well. Got her all settled and decided I better get a workout in. Took 1 serving of Origin and headed to the gym. Started changing into my workout clothes and heard the dreaded announcement, "The Bellamy Fitness Center will be closing in 5 minutes" wtf? They don't close until 11 tonight I thought. So I grab my bag and protein shake and look for the first person I could find and see what's going on. Due to it being a base gym they close early every night this week because of the holidays. I had already drank my Origin though and by now I was pumped and needed something heavy to lift lol. Came home and figured I would get in a workout with what I had here (which isn't much).

I only have one 30lb db and two 25lb dbs so had to make due.

Standing db curls 30x25x3
Concentration curls 30x12x4
Hammer curls 30x15x4

Not much of a workout and off my normal schedule but figured with me missing on Christmas and lack of equipment and space at home I would just do what I could.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cardio is everything in rugby. MMA and wrestling its just as insane.

I feel 2 a day just speed progression so much
Couldn't agree more there. Really seems to help me clear my mind as well. My favorite is an mma cardio circuit that I do. Three 5s on heavy bag. Three 3s working leg kicks. Three 3s on switches (killers) and ten mins jump rope. 2 min rests between each one. I call it hell night lol

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't agree more there. Really seems to help me clear my mind as well. My favorite is an mma cardio circuit that I do. Three 5s on heavy bag. Three 3s working leg kicks. Three 3s on switches (killers) and ten mins jump rope. 2 min rests between each one. I call it hell night lol
Nice.

Any other circuits you do? I hate just straight cardio but love sprints, punching bag, and other things I throw in as "cardio".

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I basically just switch that circuit up, sometimes I throw a rope workout in there and take something out or add in some treadmill work.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I like how smooth origin is as a stimulant. It is more than enough to get me going but doesn't kill my cardio or appetite. Most pre work outs debilitate my cardio.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like how smooth origin is as a stimulant. It is more than enough to get me going but doesn't kill my cardio or appetite. Most pre work outs debilitate my cardio.
Absolutely!!! It's a very subtle energy I love that I don't get jittery. I also really like the fact that even after my workout is done I still have tons of energy and drive

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lifts tonight were decent. Nothing too spectacular but then again it was legs and shoulders. Ive been kinda going easy on legs. Decided after I was done though to just say screw it go hard and deal with the soreness as I'm a long way from where I want to be with my legs. Shoulders are another story. I push myself pretty hard there and plan on adding reps next time to each set.

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Lifts tonight were decent. Nothing too spectacular but then again it was legs and shoulders. Ive been kinda going easy on legs. Decided after I was done though to just say screw it go hard and deal with the soreness as I'm a long way from where I want to be with my legs. Shoulders are another story. I push myself pretty hard there and plan on adding reps next time to each set.
usually add some protocol for that extra pump but as you said legs.....whoopy

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
usually add some protocol for that extra pump but as you said legs.....whoopy
Ya I was planning on picking some up but ran a little short on cash this month.

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Ya I was planning on picking some up but ran a little short on cash this month.
No doubt I think we are all strapped for cash......keep an eye out on an EPIC sale from np in a day or two ;)

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Well it was a long day today. My wife's blood sugar got a little whacky so spent most of the day in the ER. She's home though and all is well. Got her all settled and decided I better get a workout in. Took 1 serving of Origin and headed to the gym. Started changing into my workout clothes and heard the dreaded announcement, "The Bellamy Fitness Center will be closing in 5 minutes" wtf? They don't close until 11 tonight I thought. So I grab my bag and protein shake and look for the first person I could find and see what's going on. Due to it being a base gym they close early every night this week because of the holidays. I had already drank my Origin though and by now I was pumped and needed something heavy to lift lol. Came home and figured I would get in a workout with what I had here (which isn't much).

I only have one 30lb db and two 25lb dbs so had to make due.

Standing db curls 30x25x3
Concentration curls 30x12x4
Hammer curls 30x15x4

Not much of a workout and off my normal schedule but figured with me missing on Christmas and lack of equipment and space at home I would just do what I could.
Which base?
I always hate when they do that and don't label!

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Ellsworth AFB
I knew I knew the fitness center name! Lol. We were out there this summer because we visited mt Rushmore. We also visited a few friends there. That is a nice gym. Ours is massive, an has gret equipment, but is an old hanger. :)

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I knew I knew the fitness center name! Lol. We were out there this summer because we visited mt Rushmore. We also visited a few friends there. That is a nice gym. Ours is massive, an has gret equipment, but is an old hanger. :)
Small world!! Ya I love this gym. What'd you think of this area?

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Small world!! Ya I love this gym. What'd you think of this area?
It's a nice area. We are from Ohio and now live in Nebraska. At offutt afb now. If we didn't like Nebraska so much we might have tried to get up there. Plus hubby's plane is only at offutt. :)

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's a nice area. We are from Ohio and now live in Nebraska. At offutt afb now. If we didn't like Nebraska so much we might have tried to get up there. Plus hubby's plane is only at offutt. :)
Ya I really like it here. I suppose that kinda limited your options lol. Haven't spent much time in Nebraska but Lincoln was cool

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's up ladies and gents? Tonight was kickboxing and some cardio. Took a full serving of Origin tonight and to my surprise it wasn't overdoing it. Was a little worried at first but had a nice smooth energy boost throughout. My body was tired after but my mind wasn't ready to quit!

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Ya I really like it here. I suppose that kinda limited your options lol. Haven't spent much time in Nebraska but Lincoln was cool
It's a nice area. Ill be in Lincoln a lot since I'm starting school. We didn't mind limiting options with the kids and the first 6 years we moved a ton. :)

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear you there. I would move someplace warmer but have a 13 yr old daughter and don't want her to have to change schools

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
I hear you there. I would move someplace warmer but have a 13 yr old daughter and don't want her to have to change schools
Exactly! Ours are now almost 10 and 7.5. :) Hubby only has 6 years left until retirement. :)

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exactly! Ours are now almost 10 and 7.5. :) Hubby only has 6 years left until retirement. :)
Very nice! Big plans after retirement? What will you be studying?

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Question do you guys (and lady) have people at your gym that stand around and really never seem to pick up a weight? Lol there's 3 guys at my gym that go all the time but I never see them lift. Maybe they know something that I don't. Puts new meaning to mind/muscle I guess.

Decided to hit back and biceps tonight since my last time was a make shift workout.

Hayward Face Pulls
57.5x10x5
Standard rows
160x10x3
Full range pull downs
100x10x3

Superset straight bar curls
(80x10 no rest 90x6)x3
Guillotine curls
60x12x4
Hammer curls
40x10x3

Napx20mins lol was beat after

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Very nice! Big plans after retirement? What will you be studying?
Dietetics is my study. I am also working on my personal training cert.
We want to do something where my hubby doesn't have to work long hours and we can enjoy life some. We will probably do so type of business together I'm sure. He will want me to support him after me staying home caring for the family all these years. LOL

As for people standing around gym we see plenty of flirting at the college gym we go to while here at my parents house... it's funny really. We get a guy at our gym that uses a squat rack as a holder for his crap while he runs laps for 20 minutes in between sets.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dietetics is my study. I am also working on my personal training cert.
We want to do something where my hubby doesn't have to work long hours and we can enjoy life some. We will probably do so type of business together I'm sure. He will want me to support him after me staying home caring for the family all these years. LOL

As for people standing around gym we see plenty of flirting at the college gym we go to while here at my parents house... it's funny really. We get a guy at our gym that uses a squat rack as a holder for his crap while he runs laps for 20 minutes in between sets.
His results must be amazing lmao!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have a safe and fun New Years my friends!!!!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meh! Woke up sick today and no it's not self inflicted. I kept it pretty mello on the drinking last night. Plus my 3 yr old and 13 yr old daughters were with us.

View attachment 72453

Lightweight lmao!!

Anyways went to the gym not feeling the best and worked chest and triceps today. I do have to say the Origin did seem to open up my sinuses!! Was able to breathe a lot better so that helped but just didn't have the explosive energy I'm used to.

Flat bb bench
135x10
250x8
245x8
225x6
205x10
Wasn't the best bench day the set after warmup really took it out of me.

Incline db bench
55x10
65x8
75x8
Shoulders were hurting and boohoo whine, whine!!

Decline bb bench
225x10x3

Triceps push down superset with reverse push downs 3x10 of each
Skull crushers 3x10

Hopefully this passes quick and I can start raising weight each week.

Tyler44

Tyler44

Awards
Good lord you're killing it in here. Sorry Im a little late to the party. Happy you are enjoying Origin though!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good lord you're killing it in here. Sorry Im a little late to the party. Happy you are enjoying Origin though!
What's up my man ya didn't really have it today although like I said the Origin did make it easier to breathe but energy wasn't there. First time I've asked for a spotter in awhile.

Benzo22

Benzo22

Awards
I always love seeing what other people consider "not the best bench day." LOL. That's insane volume, bro. Did you really jump from 135 directly to 250?? :shock:

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya 135 is warm up and then I do a reverse pyramid

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another subpar night at the gym. Worked legs and shoulders tonight. Nothing too exciting to report. Gonna take a shot of NyQuil and go to bed lol.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Another subpar night at the gym. Worked legs and shoulders tonight. Nothing too exciting to report. Gonna take a shot of NyQuil and go to bed lol.
Well Get well! It seems everyone is getting the crud now that it's actually getting cold..

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
We all have those days it makes awesome work outs much more enjoyable.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Woke up this morning feeling much better!! Cardio and Bjj tonight.