Gokix Never Gives Up with SNS Alcar-500 & Thyrocaps (sponsored)

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

ALCAR-500 contains 500 mg of Acetyl L-Carnitine per capsule.

Acetyl L-Carnitine is a more bioavailable form of L-Carnitine, an amino acid found in high concentration in human brain, nerve, and liver cells.
ALCAR-500 can be used to help burn fat, improve performance, decrease muscular fatigue, and enhance recovery. It can also be used for a variety of other benefits including stress reduction, immune support, cardiovascular function, hearing and visual function, as well as cognitive support benefits such as helping improve memory, learning capacity, mental focus & alertness, and mood enhancement.
ALCAR-500's effect on fat loss is due to Acetyl L-Carnitine supporting ATP production through the metabolism of fatty acids.
SNS Thyrocaps™ is designed to help increase your metabolism without giving you the jitters or keeping you up at night.

Metabolism in layman's terms:

A lot of people talk about different types of fat loss aids being metabolism boosters without really having a clear understanding what their metabolism actually is. Your metabolism is basically the rate at which food is digested, absorbed, and used by the body. By increasing your metabolism, you can burn more fat as energy. Keep in mind that this doesn't require the stimulant heavy products that a lot of people view as 'fat burners'. Just because a product gives you a lot of energy or suppresses your appetite does NOT mean it increases metabolism. Sure, a higher activity level and eating less are helpful for weight loss, but the higher your metabolism is, the better a higher activity level and healthier diet can help you.
How do Thyrocaps work:

Thryocaps can help by two different mechanisms, but helping to optimize thyroid function and by helping uncouple proteins. Uncoupling proteins helps to break down and burn fatty acids (fat) to be used as energy.
Intro

OK! Now that you guys have a better idea on how these products work let's begin! First off, I would like to thank Mr. Valdez for hooking it up with a 30 day supply of these two products. I am very excited to try these products and see how they help me in my weight loss journey. I've read glowing reviews about Alcar but never heard of Thryocaps until recently so this will be interesting. Any questions, comments, concerns are welcome! Stay tuned for the ride! ;)

Stats

27 yrs old
Female
5'6''
155.4 lbs
bf% unknown

Workout & Diet

Workouts will consist of lifting 3x a week and complexes with lighter weight 2x a week. Cardio will be LISS and done in the A.M. If anyone is interested in a break down of my workouts I'll add them here. Diet will be based on IF approach and consist of high protein (at least 1g/bw), moderate fat, and low carb. Usually works about to 40/40/20. Cal intake is between 1400-1500.

(M, W, F)

ABA/BAB workouts switched every week

Workout A:

AM ~ 40 min LISS

BBR 3x10
Reverse Grip BBR 3x10
DB Floor Press 3x10
DB Floor Fly 3x10
Skull Crusher 3x10
DB Pulls Overs 3x10
Inverted Row 3xfailure
Wide Grip Inverted Row 3xfailure
20 min LISS

Workout B:

Am ~ 40 min LISS

OHP 3x5
Deadlift - this usually varies on how I'm feeling that day. I might do higher sets of 5 reps one day, other days I'll do lower sets of 10 reps
RDL 3x10
Step Ups 3x10
Single Legged Box Squat 2x10 or Feet Elevated Hip thrusts 3x10
20 min LISS

(Tu, Th)

Complexes 4 sets

Arm Swings (4x10)
Reverse Lunges 4x5
BBR 4x5
Hang Clean + Press 4x5
Mountain Climbers 4x10 (1,2,3..)
DB Squats (4x20)

Day 1

Starting the dosages on the lower end to assess my tolerance. Dosed Alcar 2x today and Thryocaps 1x. Will take another dose of Thyrocaps in about an hour since the direction states to wait 6-8hrs. Took both at the same time and felt fine. When I take supps for the first time I like to just sit and listen to my body for a little while. Didn't experience any sides. So far so good!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In!!!!! SNS not only delivers but in record time!

Show us how it's done Kix!!! I know you will!!

- Valdez

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
That is an AMAZING stack, I must admit Vdeezy is making it big and generous ;)!!

In for your awesome progress Kix!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Intro

OK! Now that you guys have a better idea on how these products work let's begin! First off, I would like to thank Mr. Valdez for hooking it up with a 30 day supply of these two products. I am very excited to try these products and see how they help me in my weight loss journey. I've read glowing reviews about Alcar but never heard of Thryocaps until recently so this will be interesting. Any questions, comments, concerns are welcome! Stay tuned for the ride! ;)

Stats

27 yrs old
Female
5'6''
155.4 lbs
bf% unknown

Workout & Diet

Workouts will consist of lifting 3x a week and complexes with lighter weight 2x a week. Cardio will be LISS and done in the A.M. If anyone is interested in a break down of my workouts I'll add them here. Diet will be high protein (at least 1g/bw), moderate fat, and low carb. Usually works about to 40/40/20. Cal intake is between 1400-1500.

Day 1

Starting the dosages on the lower end to assess my tolerance. Dosed Alcar 2x today and Thryocaps 1x. Will take another dose of Thyrocaps in about an hour since the direction states to wait 6-8hrs. Took both at the same time and felt fine. When I take supps for the first time I like to just sit and listen to my body for a little while. Didn't experience any sides. So far so good!
Kix!!!!! Macros are P/F/C I'm assuming....

And no need to thank me but you're welcome ;) Lol!!!!

What goals are we shooting for? I know you said weight loss but any specifics on weight numbers bf% etc...?

I'm really happy myself and SNS can be apart of your fitness journey!!! Give it hell home girl!!!

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is an AMAZING stack, I must admit Vdeezy is making it big and generous ;)!!

"thanked"

Lol

- Valdez

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Glad to have ya Cel :)

Kix!!!!! Macros are P/F/C I'm assuming....

And no need to thank me but you're welcome ;) Lol!!!!

What goals are we shooting for? I know you said weight loss but any specifics on weight numbers bf% etc...?

I'm really happy myself and SNS can be apart of your fitness journey!!! Give it hell home girl!!!

- Valdez
Yes, P/F/C. I've found that I'm pretty carb sensitive so this is what works for me at the moment. I'm sure as time goes on it will need some tweaking. Guess I should add some goals huh? I knew I was missing something - thanks for the reminder! But pretty much I am looking to lose 6-8 lbs. The former would be great but the latter would be really sweet. ;) This will actually be the 1st half of my goal since I want to drop down to ~148 by mid January. Don't know what my current bf% is but you guys can throw out guesses when I post pics in a day or so... Really happy to get the opportunity to log this. :)

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Yay! Luke is here :)

I'm here too!!! :lmao:

Sounds like more great product's from SNS! Very interested in what SNS Alcar-500 & Thyrocaps are going to do for you. Might want to give these a try in the future!!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm here too!!! :lmao:

Sounds like more great product's from SNS! Very interested in what SNS Alcar-500 & Thyrocaps are going to do for you. Might want to give these a try in the future!!
Welcome Miss Q! Saved a seat for ya ;)

I've used their ALCAR before, solid product. Caps are convenient and don't have a sour taste like the powder.

You know what....I'm going to pick some up now that I think about it, thanks for the reminder guys lol. 2 caps before morning cardio should so me well

You're welcome and glad to have ya aboard DW! Didn't know alcar came in powder form. Took it post cardio. Don't know if it makes a difference when it's dosed? Did you experience much weight loss?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome Miss Q! Saved a seat for ya ;)

You're welcome and glad to have ya aboard DW! Didn't know alcar came in powder form. Took it post cardio. Don't know if it makes a difference when it's dosed?
Yes, it kind of has a sulfur/egg smell and tastes super sour. I kid of like the sour taste but im a minority in that regard haha.

I've always dose in the morning or pre-workout.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
IN!!!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
In for this :)

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 2

Woke up feeling unusually bloated this morning. SNS reps - is this a common side effect?

Took 1 Alcar and 2 Thyrocaps this morning. Feeling OK at the moment, nothing to report other than a small amount of bloat. About to hit up cardio in a few and will dose another Alcar and Thyrocap sometime around dinner.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't multi-quote for some reason but welcome guys!!! Thanks for following along. :)

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 2

Woke up feeling unusually bloated this morning. SNS reps - is this a common side effect?

Took 1 Alcar and 2 Thyrocaps this morning. Feeling OK at the moment, nothing to report other than a small amount of bloat. About to hit up cardio in a few and will dose another Alcar and Thyrocap sometime around dinner.
Anything different in your diet yesterday? More salt than usual before bed?

Keep an eye on it but I think it's most likely over observance that happens when starting new supps :)

- Valdez

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anything different in your diet yesterday? More salt than usual before bed?

Keep an eye on it but I think it's most likely over observance that happens when starting new supps :)

- Valdez

Hey V-deezy, thanks for the quick response! Nothing too out of the ordinary diet wise. I usually have a greek yogurt and natty PB pre-workout but opted for turkey sausage and eggs to cut down on carbs that day. Right eye a bit twitchy today too, but usually happens due to lack of sleep and I didn't get any last night. It could be over observance, I'll keep that in mind. Or could be that the plumbing is backed up. :eek13: lol. OK, tmi. Gonna hit legs later today.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey V-deezy, thanks for the quick response! Nothing too out of the ordinary diet wise. I usually have a greek yogurt and natty PB pre-workout but opted for turkey sausage and eggs to cut down on carbs that day. Right eye a bit twitchy today too, but usually happens due to lack of sleep and I didn't get any last night. It could be over observance, I'll keep that in mind. Or could be that the plumbing is backed up. :eek13: lol. OK, tmi. Gonna hit legs later today.
Lmao!!!!!

No problem!

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How was your workout today kix?!

- Valdez

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How was your workout today kix?!

- Valdez
Yo Deezy! Workout was good, thanks! Spent a majority of the time working on my DL form. Think my breathing might be off, and my abs are sore today because I'm trying to engage them more during the lift. Really killed hammies too and they are sore today! Finished up cardio and gonna hit up complexes + squats later today!

DAY 3

Dosed 2 thyrocaps and 1 alcar pre-cardio. Going to dose alcar 2x later and 1 thyrocap around dinner. Bloat from the other day has gone away. Physically speaking, everything is pretty even keel. Don't feel significantly better or worse. Although last night I started feeling that itch in the back of my throat, the kind where a cold might be on it's way and I started freaking out a bit. I'm banking on Alcar primarily for fat loss & it's immune support benefits because I've gotten colds twice within the last 2 months and both times it put me out for a week. Woke up today and no signs of a cold so I guess that's good. :) Interested to see next weeks weigh in and I'm sure you guys/girls are too!

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
In for this! Kill it Gokix!!!!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
What are you having probs with on DLs Kix?

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Before you do the pull, big breath in! This will help keep your back straight.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yo Deezy! Workout was good, thanks! Spent a majority of the time working on my DL form. Think my breathing might be off, and my abs are sore today because I'm trying to engage them more during the lift. Really killed hammies too and they are sore today! Finished up cardio and gonna hit up complexes + squats later today!

DAY 3

Dosed 2 thyrocaps and 1 alcar pre-cardio. Going to dose alcar 2x later and 1 thyrocap around dinner. Bloat from the other day has gone away. Physically speaking, everything is pretty even keel. Don't feel significantly better or worse. Although last night I started feeling that itch in the back of my throat, the kind where a cold might be on it's way and I started freaking out a bit. I'm banking on Alcar primarily for fat loss & it's immune support benefits because I've gotten colds twice within the last 2 months and both times it put me out for a week. Woke up today and no signs of a cold so I guess that's good. :) Interested to see next weeks weigh in and I'm sure you guys/girls are too!
Great Kix! I thought that bloat may have just been side bar stuff :)

I was wondering maybe you could throw your workouts up in here like in your summer kick off that way we can see what your workouts entail...

Form is paramount with dead lifts so, good job focusing on that. Keep us posted and like ab said let us know where you're having problems with deads and maybe we can help out :)

- Valdez

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
Also when doing deadlifts think more about pushing the floor away from you...

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards

I was wondering maybe you could throw your workouts up in here like in your summer kick off that way we can see what your workouts entail...

Form is paramount with dead lifts so, good job focusing on that. Keep us posted and like ab said let us know where you're having problems with deads and maybe we can help out :)

- Valdez

I think she should throw up a video :)

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I will if she will Lmao

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
A couple days late but IN none the less. Kill it girl. If ya need any more songs let me know, I'll see what I can dig up for ya.:burnout:

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are you having probs with on DLs Kix?
Before you do the pull, big breath in! This will help keep your back straight.
Here's what I've picked up from deadlift form via the Interwebs aka Youtube (smittydiesel):

Bar close to shins > grab bar > big breath of air and hold > shins to bar > straight spine > tighten back > lead with chest > drive through heels > finish pulling with hip drive and glute contraction > RDL

Now I've read that it's good to hold the breath until the top of the lockout, but have also read that some people exhale just a little halfway through the pull. As for resetting the bar, I repeat the steps above but find myself pretty winded easily after a few reps and get light headed especially when it comes to heavier weight. My goal isn't to bump up huge numbers yet but I just feel like I've been stuck at the same weights for too long which is probably due to my form.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

- Valdez
Will do V. I'll go edit my 1st post to include workouts.

I think she should throw up a video :)
Back at ya missy!! :09:
Maybe I'll throw up a video so you guys can critique, but please be gentle! The next time I do legs is on Monday.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A couple days late but IN none the less. Kill it girl. If ya need any more songs let me know, I'll see what I can dig up for ya.:burnout:
Thanks CK :) Will def hit you up if I need some! You da man!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Well there it is :) great technique there

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's blowing up Kix!!!

Have you read Zir Red blog about female fitness? It's a real good red and program IMO. The philosophy for women is the same for guys lift heavy.. My 2 cents...

Also, hell yea get that video up!

- Valdez