Double S - Endurance and Volatile Stack/Log

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Endurance__BCAA-Plus__Fahrenheit-Nutrition_large.jpg
Volatile_Bottle_large.jpg

Much Thanks to the reps of Formutech Nutrition for allowing me to evaluate and log both Volatile and endurance. I was fortunate enough to try GF-AMA and was very pleased with it. I am sure these 2 products will be just as great as the AMA.

Let me also apologize for the long opening statement.

As for me, a wonderful 40 yrs young, am an HR Professional for the Medical Device space here in Massachusetts. I hold a BS Degree in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology from FSU; Go Noles! I also ran a Vitamin World during my college days.
I fell into training when I was 17, the typical 145 lb, 5’8” twig and progressed from there. Years later I moved to Miami and started training under the wisdom of Dodd Romero and got bit by the competition bug.
It has been a few years since I last competed but am setting my sites on a show or 2 over the summer of 2013. As of this past weekend I have cleaned up my diet, egg whites, fruits, veggies, rice,salads, lean meats, protein shakes with the only true processed sugars coming from ½ a cup of flavored oatmeal mixed with 1 cup of natural oatmeal. True deserts will be reserved from Fri and Sat, can’t go completely cold turkey.

Now onto the show….
Goodies arrived yesterday and of course couldn’t wait until day to try them.I like the packaging, Black bottles seem to be the new look. Never truly crazy about “Super blends” where the individual ingredients are not broken down, I feel this is critical with things like Caffeine and Creatine.
My plan is Volatile pre workout of course and Endurance perhaps before bed but am open to this. After my workout I take 70 gms of Waxy maize, 40-50gms of Whey or Beef protein and I figure if I were to add the BCAA’s to this drink, it may be overkill.
So I woke up at the butt crack of Dawn aka 5:00 AM as my body has still not re-calibrated with the time going back. Took one scoop of Volatile and stirred this in water. I am not a caffeine-aholic so I usually stick to one scoop of PWOs
Taste – 4/5, nice and light but did have a little “chemicalness” to it…Beta Alanine maybe?
Mixability – 4/5, after spooning this there was still some sediment at the bottom but nothing to complain.
At about 35 minutes started feeling some tingling in my ears, sounds weird but I get this with other PWO’s as well. Jumped on the treadmill for 15 mins to warm up, 4.0 mph and decided to do some legs.
I have a home gym so I try to make do with what I have, Powertec half cage, bench, leg extensions, DB’s and power bands.
I do legs 2x a week, emphasis on quads one day and hams the other.
Today being Hams.

4 sets of leg extensions
7 sets of stiff legged dead lifts; straight bar
3 sets of lunges

Abs-

4 sets of crunches
4 sets of leg scissors
4 sets of left elbow/right knee….right elbow/left knee crunches
I must admit, although I was not flying on caffeine high I did like the nice boost of energy that got me through this workout. (Generally workout on an empty stomach aside from a PWO, Fat burner ot cup of coffee) but I definitely felt good, lifts felt strong.
Day one complete. My apologies for the long windedness but I like to paint the best picture. I love interaction on my logs so feel free to chime in on my diet, lifts or anything else.
Make it a Great Day!

Last edited:
Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
In on this. Would you mind changing this over to Formutech instead of Fahrenheit please. Moving to the future!!
Thanks

linedriver465

linedriver465

Awards
In on this one!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Others that are using Endurance..when are you using it?

linedriver465

linedriver465

Awards
I typically dose 1 scoop intra-workout and start sipping it during my first working sets and try to finish it before my cooldown

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I use 2 scoops intra and 1 scoop post. I train fasted and start drinking it right after i comsume volatile

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So last night I decided to try a scoop of Endurance.
Taste – 5 /5 – I was expecting a red color but mixed blue, but great taste!
Mixability 2.5/5 – this is not a knock on the product but I have yet to find a BCAA product that will spoon mix nicely. Guess I should try a shaker wisk ball next time.

Day 2
So another wonderful morning of waking up at 5:00 a.m (note sarcasm) but again on the plus side, allowed me to get in a workout. Had my 1 scoop of Volatile and started watching Burn Notice (show is addicting) After about 30 minutes I jumped on the treadmill for 15 min warm up (no ear tingling today)

Jumped into supersetting of arms
4 sets – Straight bar curl / skull crushers
4 sets Single arm preacher curl / Push downs, palms facing each other
2 sets of Barbell “21s”

Bi’s were full but tri’s were unusually swole
Hammys are on fire today, could use some GF-AMA today…

I will be off the grid tomorrow but back with an update on Sat.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
for no other reason than it acutally tastes really good that way :)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Endurance does mix better with a shaker.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mix it with my 1 1/2 scoops of volatile and pound it 15 mins before my workout so I get dem aminos circulating right when I hit the weights. You get a nice face tingle from all the beta alanine in there too. lol

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In on this. Would you mind changing this over to Formutech instead of Fahrenheit please. Moving to the future!!
Thanks
When did you guys change this??

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
Gotcha, I must have missed it.
Long story short: The company is growing especially Internationally so rather than fight a few issues every day we decided to change the name now. Also changed Resurrect to REM 8.0. It was a lot of thought but in the long run will be much better for the company as a whole!! Most of the sites are cycling through and will eventually be all Formutech. Hope that helps.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Long story short: The company is growing especially Internationally so rather than fight a few issues every day we decided to change the name now. Also changed Resurrect to REM 8.0. It was a lot of thought but in the long run will be much better for the company as a whole!! Most of the sites are cycling through and will eventually be all Formutech. Hope that helps.
It was probably those europeans wanting you to use the metric system. It was probably change the name entirely or be forced to label everything Fahrenheit/Celcius

:09:

Doesn't matter, Fahrenheit, Celcius, Formutech. Products kick ass, that's all that matters!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
2 Day Quick review:

Saturday:

Decided to use 1 ½ scoops – for the most part mixed well,little bit of sediment but again no issues. Got that ear tingling feeling shorttime later, treadmill for 15 minutes and chest time.

4 sets incline flyes supersetted with incline barbell bench
4 sets flat bench
5 sets cable crossovers

Decided to also mix some endurance to drink during myworkout. Me Likey!

Sunday:

1 ½ scoops, wait period and onto treadmill for 20 minutes.

Back:

4 sets pull ups
4 sets barbell rows
4 sets dumbbell rows
4 sets – lay on flat bench, hold plate over your head andextend back putting emphasis on lats (it’s early, can’t remember proper name)

Both workouts followed up with 70 gms waxy maize, 45 gmswhey isolate.

I am really digging these products, only reservation I haveis the creatine. I have had gas as I think my body’s creatine levels aresaturated. I am committed ti using this product and doing this log but this isthe ONLY reservation I have. Perhaps a creatine free formula down the road?

Have a great weekend!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Glad you are enjoying them....

linedriver465

linedriver465

Awards
Creatine free formula is definitely an interesting concept!
Are you taking additional creatine mono?

mazzaiii

Awards
Subbed. I love volatile. Logging it now too! Strong even for one scoop. Crazy

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Creatine free formula is definitely an interesting concept!
Are you taking additional creatine mono?
I was taking 2 scoops of Carnivor which totaled 5 gms of creatine. I basically alternate between Volatile on one day or Carnivor on others. Will be back tomorrow with updates as it has only been cardio the last 2 days.

Happy Thanksgiving!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi guys, apologies for the late response as I was taking care of other things and trying to stay of creatine for a few days.

I got up Thursday morning, figured I would lift in preparation for a day of gluttony. Had a 1 1/2 scoops of volatile and jumped on the treadmill for 20 mins then off to shoulders. Also mixed a scoop of Endurance to use during the lifts.

4 sets of barbell front presses
4 sets of seated DB side raises
4 sets of seated DB front raises
2 sets of rear delts

4 sets of seated calf lifts
2 sets of standing calf lifts.

Friday

UP early again as always and slammed 1 1/2 scoops of volatile. 10 mins of cardio then off to legs.

Started off with 5 sets of leg extensions then onto squats. Just as I did my first set my stomach went batty, massive cramps which took me down. FOr the last 2 days have had this little bug.

Should be back tomorrow. Thanks again for reading.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
thanks for the update...

mazzaiii

Awards
Carnivore like the meat protein or is it something else?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Carnivore like the meat protein or is it something else?
Musclemeds Carnivor...yes Beef protein.

Got up at 5 this morning, stomach feeling a little uneasy so decided to skip the volatile and just use endurance. 20 mins of Cardio and off to work chest.

4 sets of decline flyes and decline barbell presses
4 sets of flat bench
2 sets of incline flyes

I have to admit, with no PWO in me and just the Endurance sipped during the workout, I felt very good, lifts were strong and again can't reiterate how good it tastes. As previously stated, this cannot be spoon mixed. Shaker bottle and if you have one of those whisk balls, this definitely does the trick.

Don't let the Holiday treats get the best of you. Lift hard, lift smart, stay strong

linedriver465

linedriver465

Awards
I absolutely love my endurance intra-workout - so refreshing and not heavy on the stomach. It tastes like Skittles to me.

Do you think it's the volatile that's causing you stomach discomfort or the sickness you've been fighting? Either way, I hope you feel better soon!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I absolutely love my endurance intra-workout - so refreshing and not heavy on the stomach. It tastes like Skittles to me.

Do you think it's the volatile that's causing you stomach discomfort or the sickness you've been fighting? Either way, I hope you feel better soon!
I like to mix the volatile and endurance and pound them both pwo, then I have another bcaa for intra and after with a little higher leucine content. I've never had any stomach issues with volatile or endurance

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

At First I thought perhaps it was the creatine /volatile that did this but when I get "creatine cramps/discomfort" they are generally gone in a few hours. I am now 4 days later and stomach is still a little uneasy. I plan on introducing volatile once again (1 scoop) as it will be almost 1 week without any creatine.

But again do not misread this as volatile as being the culprit.

mazzaiii

Awards
I like the volatile pw and would mix about a half a scoop with the endurance too. Seems legit. Never leave the gym though haha

mazzaiii

Awards
How you like the carnivor? I got some samples at the Olympia and it seemed good. I tried their mass gainer and my gut almost exploded though

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How you like the carnivor? I got some samples at the Olympia and it seemed good. I tried their mass gainer and my gut almost exploded though
At first I really liked the Carnivor Protein, blue rasberry. Mixed nicely with a shaker ball, flavor was not overpowering and I liked it with my waxy maize. For the first few days I was doing 2 scoops = 5 gms of creatine but then had to taper back depending if I am using any other supps that have creatine like Volatile.

So back in the saddle today. Changed it up, used 1 scoop of volatile and 1 scoop of endurance together. Thougt I would get an interesting flavor but the Volatile seemed to overpower the Endurance. Regardless, both flavors are good.

Jumped into a quick set of bi's/tri's

5 sets of DB curls, both arms simultaneously
5 sets of Hammer curls
5 sets of inclined skull crushers
5 sets of DB kickbacks.

Arms were definitely nice and full.

Followed up with abs,

Crunches, scissors and opposte elbow to opposite knees, 4 sets each.

Interesting today though as in the past my ears tingled but today my face tingled for most of the workout. Anyone else get this?

Be well and again thanks for reading.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At first I really liked the Carnivor Protein, blue rasberry. Mixed nicely with a shaker ball, flavor was not overpowering and I liked it with my waxy maize. For the first few days I was doing 2 scoops = 5 gms of creatine but then had to taper back depending if I am using any other supps that have creatine like Volatile.

So back in the saddle today. Changed it up, used 1 scoop of volatile and 1 scoop of endurance together. Thougt I would get an interesting flavor but the Volatile seemed to overpower the Endurance. Regardless, both flavors are good.

Jumped into a quick set of bi's/tri's

5 sets of DB curls, both arms simultaneously
5 sets of Hammer curls
5 sets of inclined skull crushers
5 sets of DB kickbacks.

Arms were definitely nice and full.

Followed up with abs,

Crunches, scissors and opposte elbow to opposite knees, 4 sets each.

Interesting today though as in the past my ears tingled but today my face tingled for most of the workout. Anyone else get this?

Be well and again thanks for reading.
Face tingling is the beta alanine

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I figured that, perhaps I just got a stronger scoop if it this morning.
there's BA in both the Volatile and Endurance. It does it to me every time!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi All,

Been a busy last few days as I wanted to pop in and updateeveryone. A few weeks with the formatech products. As I may have mentioned Ihad the pleasure of using GF-AMA which is great for quicker muscle recuperation/ less muscle soreness.

With Volatile it was a little trial and error but I think Ihave found my comfort zone with one scoop and not more than that. The stimfactor at 2 scoops was great but unfortunately a little too much creatine inone dose for me.

I have started dosing volatile and endurance together and amliking this mixture. I generally wait 20-30 minutes for absorption. Since doingthis it is kind of a game to see which bodyparts start tingling from the betaalanine. On Friday my back was the hot spot.

Anyway back on track:

Friday

Back
20 mins of treadmill cardio 4 mph / 0 incline
5 sets of palms facing in pull ups
4 sets is dumbbell rows
4 sets of flat bench lift a plate over head and stretch lats(if someone can give me the name please do)
4 sets set bar in the rack and do pull ups where you are parallelto the floor and bring your chest in

Sat
Quads
10 mins of Cardio
5 sets of leg extensions
5 sets of squats
4 sets of dead lifts
2 sets – straddle straight bar one hand in front and behindand lift bar from the ground, squat like (saw Kai Greene do this, seemed interesting)

Today both back and legs are on fire….need to pick up somemore AMA….

Sidebar –
Was reading where some people are using BCAA’s for justfasting…any thoughts behind this…

Enjoy your Sunday!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Looking good

mazzaiii

Awards
What kinds of weight are you throwing around? You seeing improvement?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What kinds of weight are you throwing around? You seeing improvement?
Thank you for the question as I realized I had not been addressing that. The days of benching &squatting heavy are long gone, one rotator cuff shot and nagging knee issues so my workouts consist of slow deliberate pulls/presses with a 10-15 rep range but to answer your question, yes lifts are definitely going up. 90% of the time I lift on an empty stomach aside from volatile and endurance and I can definitely say I don't get fatigued as quick.

Now back to my Dolphins losing to the Pats but heck it's only by 7, but it is still early! :shrug:

linedriver465

linedriver465

Awards
Outstanding log thus far - keep it up!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Howdy Howdy AM family.
Not sure about you guys but before I go to bed at night I try to formulate what I am ging to train in the morning. Again I work out quick and methodical. Last night I figured Hams or Arms depending if my quads were good.
Guess what, feet hit the floor this morning, quads screamed so I arms it was. In case you haven’t been reading I am mixing both Volatile and endurance together, 1 scoop of each.
Did 15 mins on the treadmill, try to force out any lactic acid and also warm up.
Bi’s
5 sets curl bar, close grip
5 sets wide grip
Tri’s
5 sets overhead extensions
3 sets push downs palms facing in
2 sets close bench
Short and sweet today. Early work day tomorrow so back online this Weds.

Quick question, I use Waxy Maize as a post workout drink. Is Waxy maize the powder they put in baseball card packs so the gum wouldn't stick? Just curious

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Lol, no clue

mazzaiii

Awards
No idea either. Funny if it is though lol

Good work in here man. Sucks about the shoulder and stuff glad you're still killing it though

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No

Good work in here man. Sucks about the shoulder and stuff glad you're still killing it though
Shoulder was many years ago but still acts up. Part of getting old.

Tuesday,
Didn’t have a lot of time to lift so decided to do a 30 minute HIT treadmill run. 2 mins walk 4mph/ 1 min run 5-7 mph. I have been reading how a lot of people are taking BCAA’s instead of truly an empty stomach, not sure if this is to prevent muscle wasting or what so I decided to give it a try along with a fat burner.
Can’t quite say I saw any difference. Anyone else do this?

Weds
So lucky me, my internal clock had me up at 4:30. Takes one night to set it to a new wake up time but takes forever to re-calibrate it. Not sure if this makes sense. So when in Rome…..
Another mixture of Volatile 1 ½ scoops and endurance 1 scoop then onto the treadmill.I just built a home theater with a 96in screen so when I do cardio I fire up a movie to pass the time. If you like sick horror movies may I recommend High Tension. Did this for 10 mins 4mph, 5 degree incline to warm up the hams.
When it is time for workouts I generally pick something on YouTube, as motivation, lately for me it has been Kai Greene. I play one of his workouts in the background while I lift.
Hams:
6 sets still legged dread lifts, legs close and pointed forward
6 sets stiff legged dead lifts, legs wide, toes pointed outward
Calves:
5 sets, single standing
5 sets seated
For as little sleep I was energized, kickin butt and taking names.
Unfortunately after my workout, my stomach started flipping again so I now know that 1 scoop of Volatile and nothing more or my stomach gets volatile.

Thanks again for all the great praise.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys – sorry for the late response but have continued to work out with nice results from both products.
Sat
Decided I wanted to do a little more Cardio so for a prelim, mixed 1 scoop of volatile and did 30 minutes of treadmill 4.0 mph / 0 incline
After this I mixed 1 scoop of endurance and off to shoulders
5 sets of barbell presses; front
5 sets front raised (35 lb plate)
4 sets – rear delt db raises.
Zipped through this and felt good as usual.

Sunday
Due to timing wasn’t able to get in volatile and hit chest.
5 sets – decline bench
5 sets – flat bench
4 sets – flat bench, wide grip, hands almost touching collars. (If you haven’t done these, highly recommend it) nice stretch and seems to be not as much stress on the shoulders.
Followed up with 2 scoops of waxy maize, 2 scoops of protein powder and 1 scoop of Endurance.

Monday
1 scoop of volatile, 25 minutes of high intensity treadmill, 2 minutes’ walk, 1 min run 6-7 mph
After cardio mixed 1 scoop of endurance
Bi’s
5 sets – curl bar – wide grip
5 sets – curl bar – close grip
4 sets – reverse skull crushers, lying down on a flat bench, use a lat machine and bring the bar to your head. Used super close grip with palms touching each other.
Another set of 3 great workout using 2 great products.
As an aside, felt really good Sunday. Took my son to a pool party and it was mandatory to get in the pool. Now let me say, I don’t look like my avatar but I am in good shape, visible 4 pack but what was a tremendous ego booster was seeing guys 5-10 yrs younger (I’m 40), 20, 30 lbs overweight huffing and puffing in the water no less and here I am pulling kids around have a great time etc etc.
This is another reason I love logging product. Gives me a reason to go above and beyond and do the best I can. I know, kinda corny.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for the update man! I'm glad you're enjoying the stack.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Another 5:00 a.m wake up call. I complain a lot but it does have its benefits, not having to be interrupted by anyone.
Legs today. Did a mix of volatile/endurance and sipped on it while watching Midnight Cowboy.Wife has been on me saying I don’t watch enough older movies. Next up Easy Rider.
Anyone warmed up with 10 minutes on the treadmill.
5 sets of Leg Extensions
6 sets of Squats
3 sets of deadlifts.
Quick and painless until tomorrow when my legs give out when I get out of bed.

As an aside, I was looking at the Formutech website and noticed a link for Protein but when I clicked on it, nothing there. If you guys are coming out with protein, would love to see the profile.
Make it a Great day!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another 5:00 a.m wake up call. I complain a lot but it does have its benefits, not having to be interrupted by anyone.
Legs today. Did a mix of volatile/endurance and sipped on it while watching Midnight Cowboy.Wife has been on me saying I don’t watch enough older movies. Next up Easy Rider.
Anyone warmed up with 10 minutes on the treadmill.
5 sets of Leg Extensions
6 sets of Squats
3 sets of deadlifts.
Quick and painless until tomorrow when my legs give out when I get out of bed.

As an aside, I was looking at the Formutech website and noticed a link for Protein but when I clicked on it, nothing there. If you guys are coming out with protein, would love to see the profile.
Make it a Great day!
Really hoping to see the protein available soon! I'll check with the office and see if they have an eta and let you know