Skeptic takes on Purus Labs Condense!

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Skeptic takes on Purus Labs Condense!

Thanks to the all at Purus Labs for letting me give Condense a run.

I am a huge pre-W.O. skeptic who hasn't found what I’m looking for: pump, energy, focus. I've run all the latest products on the market and have yet to find one that will give me a good hard-on. The closest its come has been Fahrenheit’s Volatile but it petered out after 3 weeks of sheer goodness. So, I’m now giving Condense a fair shot and with all the reviews I've been reading, it might just be what I am looking for.

Stats: 6’4”, 321 lbs, and 37 years. I am coming off a self-inflicted 3 week hiatus due to work, life, and catching a cold that zapped me to zero desire to do anything.

Current goal: getting back to 275 – 250.

What I am reviewing: Pump, Energy, and Focus.

Dosage: 2 scoops about 10 minutes before I hit the weights as per the directions.

Workouts: M – Shoulders/Tri’s, T – Back/Claves W – Rest, Th – Legs/Traps, F Chest/Bi’s, Sat & Sun – Rest. 20 – 30 minutes of cardio after lifting.

Disclaimer: I am running a huge caloric deficit from what I was eating just a few months ago. Energy and focus have been hindered in the afternoons due to this. To be fair and completely honest with this review, I feel I should address this. And for the record I am openly stating that it may have a negative impact on my review.

This will not be as detailed as the two past logs I have done. The time is just not there at the moment to post each workout in detail. Instead, I will hold to the original agreement of updating 3 times per week; two dailies and one reflection each week. I’ll try to rotate my dailies each week so M/T and Th/F workouts will flip flop. I’ll try to post a reflective on Sat or Sun.

Hoping the fun starts up tomorrow.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully you'll have good results with Condense.
Keep in mind 2 scoops = 400mg caffiene. Usually suggest starting one but if you're a stim tolerant person 1.5 is a pretty good starting point. It's the sweet spot for me personally.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:wave2:

I'm
Usually a 1.5 scoop guy when it comes to ConDense.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
In brother! Big guy from the 916! What part? I grew up there

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
In brother! Big guy from the 916! What part? I grew up there
Grew up in Fair Oaks. Now living near Sac St. with the family. Kind of born, raised, and stuck here by choice.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Grew up in Fair Oaks. Now living near Sac St. with the family. Kind of born, raised, and stuck here by choice.
Nice fair oaks is tight haha I lived In Citrus Heights, Roseville and Antelope haha

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Thursday, Nov. 1

Workout 1: Full body, one exercise per part, 3 sets, 60 reps @ about 20% max. 20 min on the bike afterwards. It’s going to be a while before I get back to where I was three weeks ago. The time off was good for injuries but damn, it took a toll today.

Do not read too much into this first post. I AM USING A BASELINE AVERAGE TO START WITH! So we’ll call it a “5” for everything and move from there.

Good to be back in the gym. Slammed my Crisp Apple before hand and went to work. Room temp water sucks with the C.A. but if I can manage some ice cold next time, I am sure it’s going to taste like some good hard cider. Mixability is a 10 off the bat. Couple of shakes and boom, disappeared. No chalkiness either when going down. Thank God it’s not Fruit Punch; I seriously hate F.P. with a passion.

Pump: Really felt it in my arms and chest. Can’t wait for a couple of weeks when I get my feet back under me and I can push my limits again.

Energy: DAMN… But then again, I’m starting at a 5. Let’s see if this stuff keeps me riding high the next few weeks. I’m really liking the effects right now as I type this nearly 4 hours later… I’m lightly buzzing in a good way.

Focus: Read above. I was running on empty during cardio and still breezed through it.

Next few days should be fun. I will probably post again Monday after my workout. I am planning on dosing Condense this weekend before I do yard work just too really get a feel for what it can do outside the gym as well.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for no updates. I've found myself fighting the crud again whilest looking for a new line of work.

Anywho, I did get to try Condense without a workout this weekend. Energy was top notch, focus to get somethings done around the house without finding other things to do was very good. Now here the kicker, the pump.

We've all seen the adds of some guys forearm before and after. Pretty impressive but then again, I have my doubts and therefore I hold to my "yea, right" attitude. That attitude was put on the back shelf. Vascularity in my hands, feet, into my forearms and calves was much more visible. And this was without a workout, just dicking around the house. Cannot wait to see what the next few workouts have in store.

Just need to start feeling good again here before that can happen.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sorry for no updates. I've found myself fighting the crud again whilest looking for a new line of work.

Anywho, I did get to try Condense without a workout this weekend. Energy was top notch, focus to get somethings done around the house without finding other things to do was very good. Now here the kicker, the pump.

We've all seen the adds of some guys forearm before and after. Pretty impressive but then again, I have my doubts and therefore I hold to my "yea, right" attitude. That attitude was put on the back shelf. Vascularity in my hands, feet, into my forearms and calves was much more visible. And this was without a workout, just dicking around the house. Cannot wait to see what the next few workouts have in store.

Hope ya feel better man.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Be strong brother, in all aspects of your life. Take your time and come back ready to rock!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you will be very pleased with Condense Big C!!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

The arm is actually the owners haha

I definitely notice the increased vascularity when using it. (so all the time ha)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The arm is actually the owners haha

I definitely notice the increased vascularity when using it. (so all the time ha)
Insane Veins.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
No log??? What's going on?

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established

Let me state for the record, that I made a promise to Purus Labs to complete this review. And I am one that always fulfills his commitments.

The past three months have been dark a dreary. They still are… But for the first time since the end of October, I stepped foot into my gym this afternoon to complete this review for a great company. I am going to finish this review in hopes that getting back into lifting will put me in a better place.

I’ll be updating at least twice a week post – workout. Dosage will be 2 scoops about 15 min. pre-W.O. No other supplements will be used for the remainder of this review.

Energy – Slowly ramped up during the first 10 minutes. At 30 minutes, rolling and not wanting to stop. Still bouncing around about 45 minutes after workout. Nice clean energy, no jitters.

Focus – Intense to say the least. I wanted to go heavier though my body would not let me. Rest between sets was just around 30 seconds, I just wanted to keep moving forward this afternoon.

Pump – Well, I have not felt this solid in a few months. Veins in hands and forearms is much more than I was expecting after 3 months off.

Thoughts: Three months, no weights or supplements. Imagine how I feel (pretty damn good) and what tomorrow is going to be like (walking like a duck).

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Hope all is well friend

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep working your way out of the dark and dreary big man.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thx brother.

-Purus Labs Rep
(Mobile Posting)

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established

Additional information/changes:

Weight: 319 - I have been able to keep off everything I lost and a bit more from my Thermodex run last fall. Tried another popular thermogenic powder and was quite disappointed. I'm starting to realize that there are ingredients out there that I cannot take which trigger the inner black hole. Hoping that I might be able to continue my journey to 275 now that I am in the gym again.

Diet: Restricted to around 2,000 calories. The nice part about taking the long time off is that my body has been able to adjust to the deficit.

Workout Scheme: T/Th/Sat - With my better half getting a new job, I am playing "Mr. Mom" most weekday afternoon's and evenings with my daughter. For the next few weeks, workouts will consist of hitting each body part and 3 - 4 sets until I feel comfortable with where I am at again. I will reassess things once I feel my strength has returned to about 80% of max and I feel a lot more solid. I will need to figure out a new 3 day routine to work into my schedule. I hope that the additional day off help keep the aches and pains I had in other logs this past year.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
1.31.13 – Day 2

Sore as all hell but back in the gym today…
Energy – Good and solid throughout the workout. Again, things slowly ramped up and has stayed there throughout workout and an hour afterwards. No jitters which I like.

Focus – As intense as last time. The drive to want to go heavier is definitely there and I may have pushed too much this afternoon. Not sure how I will feel tomorrow. Focus/drive is, for me, comparable to what I felt with PP AndroDrive without the insomnia.

Pump – Though I look like the Pillsbury Doughboy, I felt solid coming out of the gym and still do an hour later. I like that the pump sticks around and doesn’t fade quickly. Nothing to note for vascularity.

Thoughts: Stuff mixes pretty well and the apple flavor is a nice break from everyone and their damn fruit punch B.S. Tastes like liquid Jolly Rancher. So far I like what I am experiencing. I just hope that it doesn’t teeter off here in the next few weeks.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
2.5.12 – Day 3

Feeling good after skipping Sundays workout due to extreme soreness.

Energy – Enjoying that it ramps up, levels off, and keeps going for a few hours afterwards. Good stuff, even better with the calorie deficiency. I was able to blast through my workout with rest periods of 30 seconds to 1 min while continuing to increase the weight.

Focus – This is where I see Condense really shining for me. I get amped up and want to hit the gym. I want to move weight, heavy weight. Not sure if I would be moving as much weight with the deficiency and being out of shape right now.

Pump – Really felt in in my back, traps, and arms today. Hoping that it will stick around this evening.

Thoughts: Still enjoying things. Crisp Apple is where it’s at. Energy and Pump have maintained themselves. I am finding the Focus Condense adds to be exactly what I want. With it being only the 3rd workout back after three months, my strength is returning very quickly but I think that a portion it is me being focused and really pushing myself to test my limits. I need to remember to hold back a bit as to not re-injure anything. I think after February that I am going to reassess what I am doing and try to find a routine that fits my desires as well as helps keep me injury free.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In Colbi - good to see you around...

Wife is heading to Texas to visit her brother in 4 weeks.. so lets see in the next 2 what Condense does for you... from what I have read with others - she'll be bringing a tub or two back for me... (don't have access to it north of border)..

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
2.7.13 – Day 4

I thought getting back into the swing of things was going to take a bit more time. As it is, things are moving along quite well. Decided to add an extra set to each exercise today, I am going to feel it tomorrow.

Energy – Same great effects. Note: I definitely notice that on days I work out and take Condense, it’s much easier to stay up late and kill **** playing PlanetSide 2. On days that I don’t, it’s to bed early. I usually dose about 3:30 pm, have no problem staying up till midnight, and have NO problem getting to sleep.

Focus – Really enjoying it. Plowed through the weights today and kept a very steady pace doing so, even with some mild soreness.

Pump – Feeling good. Lingers for a hour to two after my workout. Wish it would stay around longer. No noticeable increase with vascularity.

So far, so good.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Condense is so simple yet very effective.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good log. I love Condense. It's the only preworkout that I have bought consecutive multiple tubs of. Green apple is indeed where it's at.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good log. I love Condense. It's the only preworkout that I have bought consecutive multiple tubs of. Green apple is indeed where it's at.
Thx for the support.

-Purus Labs Rep
(Mobile Posting)

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Random Friday Notes:

Off day btw... I need to switch my terminology from Day to Work Out.

Things are going well and my mindset has improved dramatically.

Here's to hoping I drag my ass to the gym tomorrow morning.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Things are going well and my mindset has improved dramatically.

Here's to hoping I drag my ass to the gym tomorrow morning.

Good to hear brother... and don't drag it to the gym... make it own the fn' gym - that's the Colbi I remember!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make it happen Big C!!

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
2.8.13 – Workout 5

Fasted workout. LAME… What should have been about an hour and 15 minutes took about an hour and 35. Definitely noticed that when running on empty that the recovery time between sets is much longer. Thankfully this will only happen on Saturday mornings…

Energy – DAMN! On an empty stomach Condense hits hard and fast. Made me feel like this…

[video=youtube;uWVQtFI2AsI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWVQtFI2AsI[/video]

A bit nostalgic this AM.

Focus – This is where Condense shines for me. With it, I am able to plow through my workouts and challenge myself each time I walk into the gym. Just a feeling that nothing will stop me which has me pushing harder each time.

Pump – Nothing much to write home about here. Feeling it in my back, tri’s, and forearms. Nothing new though.

Note: The past few years I’ve stayed away from dumbbell presses for the most part. Kind of nice to hit a new PR on inclines this morning. Strength is returning.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2.8.13 – Workout 5

Note: The past few years I’ve stayed away from dumbbell presses for the most part. Kind of nice to hit a new PR on inclines this morning. Strength is returning.
NICE!

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
2.12.2013 – Workout 6

Went light weight with high reps this afternoon to try and get a solid pump. I failed…

Energy – Great as is has been since I first began. Still slowly ramps up and levels off. Able to get through my workouts with not really thinking about it.

Focus – As intense as I started. Loving it. Staying focused has allowed me to play around with my routines, lifts, and the weight I am moving. I am not second guessing whether or not I should be in a set routine, going heavy or light, what I could be doing outside the gym, etc. It’s very refreshing and I am having fun just kind of playing around and mixing it all up.

Pump – Just not there today. It’s been minimal the past few workouts but today it seems like there was nothing. I figured that if I went light with high reps that I might be able to get something. I was wrong. Going to try again on Thursday and possibly Saturday. If not, I am going to grab my weight belt and try for a super heavy week next week.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
2.12.2013 – Workout 6

Went light weight with high reps this afternoon to try and get a solid pump. I failed…

Energy – Great as is has been since I first began. Still slowly ramps up and levels off. Able to get through my workouts with not really thinking about it.

Focus – As intense as I started. Loving it. Staying focused has allowed me to play around with my routines, lifts, and the weight I am moving. I am not second guessing whether or not I should be in a set routine, going heavy or light, what I could be doing outside the gym, etc. It’s very refreshing and I am having fun just kind of playing around and mixing it all up.

Pump – Just not there today. It’s been minimal the past few workouts but today it seems like there was nothing. I figured that if I went light with high reps that I might be able to get something. I was wrong. Going to try again on Thursday and possibly Saturday. If not, I am going to grab my weight belt and try for a super heavy week next week.
Yeah it's fun mixing things up...
I like this new routine I'm following now from Layne Norton IIRC.

-Purus Labs Rep
(Mobile Posting)

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
2.14.13 Workout 7

Kind of a mixture of heavy/light with moderate to high reps.

Energy – good stuff. It’s been 4 hours since I washed back my two scoops and I’m still rolling.

Focus – still amazing. Being focused is definitely allowing me not to dwell or second guess what I am currently doing in the gym. Walk in, get to work, and walk out.

Pump – Again not much. Got a bit in my shoulders, bi’s, and back for a bit but it quickly died down.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
2.16.13 Workout 8

Much better than last Saturday’s fasted workout.

Energy – got all the way through my workout without missing a beat.

Focus – Intense and loving it. Pushed myself even harder than anything else the past few weeks. And this was in a fasted state.

Pump – Disappointed at the moment as there hasn’t been much. Even as I mix things up with light weigh/ high rep or moderate and heavy weight / normal to low rep, I can’t seem to get much of a pump.

*Note: Couple more weeks of full body and I should be back into the swing of things in the gym. Now if I could only find a new job…

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
2.19.13 Workout 9

Not moving very well today. I keep all my stress in my lower back and it snapped this weekend… I had to make some minor adjustments to my routine today. At the very least, I did get my workout in and hit 3 new PR’s. Strength is up and I am feeling very solid and dense lately.

Energy: Still on high. As I am lifting heavier and rest between sets is longer, the energy to cruise through my calorie deficient workouts is great.

Focus: Intense. I love it.

Pump: Still a disappointment in the department. Not sure why…

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
2.21.13 Workout 10

Feeling good today and not as sore as I thought I would be after Tuesday’s workout.

Energy: Still rolling quite well after 10 workouts. Not much in the way of a noticeable drop off.

Focus: Loving it.

Pump: Just not there… Going to cruise up to 3 scoops starting with my next workout.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 scoops = 600mg caff bubba!!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I havnt even gone to 3 yet haha

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You wanting to increase due to the pumps? I honestly see no reason to especially with the caffeine amounts.

Obviously more Nitrates = more pumps though.

For me personally nitrate pumps from Dpol and Condense come over time as it builds up in the system and not immediate pumps like some ingredients may give (Agmatine, Creatine in some, Arginine, CM).
One reason I don't push it as a major pump giver. The pumps are different than others, at least in my case.

Just food for thought.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also what is your nutrition preworkout or up to the workout. I'm low carbed right now and pumps are few and far between

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm late but in.

Purus Labs Rep
Mobile post

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
You wanting to increase due to the pumps? I honestly see no reason to especially with the caffeine amounts.

Obviously more Nitrates = more pumps though.

For me personally nitrate pumps from Dpol and Condense come over time as it builds up in the system and not immediate pumps like some ingredients may give (Agmatine, Creatine in some, Arginine, CM).
One reason I don't push it as a major pump giver. The pumps are different than others, at least in my case.

Just food for thought.
I'm definitely stim-tolerent so the 600 mgs isn't going to phase me....

Now diet, that is probably the culprit. It's changed drastically since last summer as I am only taking in about 2,000 - 2,500 kcals a day. Of that, it's only about 800 - 1000 pre-workout. Thanks for pointing that out Gram. I'll have to decide if I want to switch up my meals to see if that may have an effect. Though I highly doubt that I will. It's taken me 6 months to have my body adjust to living and working out with the deficiency.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the energy and focus that Condense has provided so far. If they maintain their high levels the next few weeks, along with the wonderful crisp apple flavor, I can see Condense becoming a new favorite.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
2.23.13 Workout 11

Not a bad workout for being sleep deprived, fasted, and still feeling the minor effects of the Knee Deep’s Simtra 22’s that were pounded last night.

Energy: Everything that was to be expected. Condense is still on point in this department; ramps up and you’re on cruise control for the next few hours.

Focus: This is where Condense really shines for me. Without the level of focus that is provided, my mind would be darting in all sorts of directions while dwelling on work… Thankfully I’m able to keep that stuff out and really concentrate on my lifts.

Pump: Now that I know that diet can have an effect on what pump Condense should provide, I’m just going to roll with it though I am disappointed that it’s fallen off in this category for me.

Note: Strength has steadily been increasing and I am feeling a lot more dense/solid each day. Good to be back in the gym. I am planning on revamping my workouts starting next week. Hopefully Condense will continue to perform since this is about the time other pre-w.o.’s have started to level off.