MAN Sports REM PM helps chedapalooza sleep!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Big thanks to mustangmanGT and MAN sports for the opportunity to log their sleep aid/metabolic support product REM PM.

I have a tough time falling asleep, staying asleep, and waking feeling refreshed. I have a great deal of experience with sleep aids/metabolic enhancers including but not limited to: lipotrophin pm, sleep maxx, reduction pm, Thyroslim pm, and lean dreams.

I hope to distinguish REM PM as one of the top new additions to my supplement regime!

image-1402301664.jpg

image-2494432500.jpg

I will be following a standard lean bulk diet keeping bf gain to a minimum and potentially recomping. I hope REM can assist in keeping the fat off while allowing me to sleep and recover for growth!

Starting stats

24 years old
5'7" 170lbs. (have put on ten very lean pounds since august)

Final review of REM PM by MAN Sports
December 4, 2011

Thanks again to mustangmanGT and MAN sports for allowing me to log this product. It has earned a permanent spot in my arsenal for health and physique, the two main reasons I train. We all know how important sleep is to achieving our goals, whatever they may be.

For me, this product allowed me to experience something I hadnt in a long time, DEEP sleep. After only 3 nights OFF the product, my sleep quality has returned to abysmal levels; I miss it already and have ordered a bottle to run next month in Jan.

The main affects and observations have been measured over the course of the log, so here is my final scoring. On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best)

Ability to relax- 5

The two biggest points I want to make is that for me, it is very hard to get tired... To want to shut my eyes and actually sleep! This product made me ready for sleep in a 10-30 minute time frame. The effects did lessen slightly towards the end... But I never was UNABLE to relax and fall asleep. I often suffer from "restless leg", most likely from tough training... Where I am just so worked that my body sometimes rebels. "overtraining" is a loosely used term these days, but anyone who has seen other logs knows I do not take training lightly! This product helped ease the standard aches and pains and anxieties that come with serious, intense training.

Ability to fall asleep-5 (see above)

Ability to stay asleep-4

For me, I can't remember the last time I DIDNT wake up during the night. Always have and guess I always will. This product, however, cut the number of times down greatly, as well as the frequency. With increased time ASLEEP, comes deeper levels of sleep, and deeper, more vivid dreams. All of these things were present while using REM PM.

Feeling upon waking-4

With more restful and fulfilling sleep comes a better sense of well being upon waking up. There were nights throughout the log where I didn't sleep much, by choice or due to school/being out with friends. However, rather than being worthless like I usually would the following day, I found myself functioning quite well on LESS sleep. This made nights when I actually got 8-9 hours feel like I had slept for days! I had increased energy and mood for sure while using the product.

Ability to aid in recovery -5
With increased sleep, again, comes increased recovery. Also, the addition of phosphatyldiserine to the formula REALLY sets it apart and allows it to assist with handling daily stresses of life ON TOP of physical gym related stress. I noticed my ability to handle stress, both physical and mental, was great on the product. Longer hours at work or school coupled with designed more intense workouts but still being able to build muscle while shedding body fat, really showed me that this Product does what it's marketed to. Anyone who thinks sleep isn't ESSENTIAL to growing AND shedding body fat is ignorant and uneducated !

Changes in body comp (fat loss)- 5
Now, while I did lose a SMALL amount of body fat, it must be know that I was NOT on a cut. I actually gained 3-4 pounds from the start of the log, but I'm confident in calling this a recomp; losing body fat and gaining muscle. The wild part is that I was on more of a bulking style diet. High carbs and pro with moderate fat. I also did substantially less cardio for 2 weeks bc I was feeling run down/sick. I made all my lifts, but opted to skip or do reduced cardio on several occasions. The effects of skipping cardio was not noticeable what so ever! So I proclaim the product successful in helping achieve fat loss!

All in all, the product was great. And as I said, I will be putting it into my rotation of supplements! Thanks again MAN, for a great product that does what you said it would!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cheda oh yeah I'm dis party give it your all as you always do brother!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I won't be on Much til it comes back but first dose will be tonight. Starting with one cap to assess strength of product.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good idea lol I've done some crazy things lol.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will monitor nightly on a 1-5 scale (5 the best)

Ability to relax
Ability to fall asleep
Ability to stay asleep
Feeling upon waking- groggy, rested, etc
Ability to aid in recovery
Changes in body comp (fat loss)

Any other ideas??

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah does it effect libido! lol

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Night 1 October 31st 2012

Took 1 cap at 2am. By 2:15 I felt like jello (sleeping on my couch due to family staying w us since we r only ones with power at the moment). Best sleep I've gotten since this storm started! I usually am very restless in the legs n have a hard time getting comfortable but last night was super easy. Noticed heavier breathing for a bit as I relaxed. I watched tv for about 30 mins before deciding to call it a night and idk how long it took to fall asleep, but couldn't have been more than 5 mins, which is a record for me lol. I could have fought through the single cap dose, but I think fighting thru 2 caps would be very hard.

5=best 1=worst

Ability to relax-5

Ability to fall asleep-5

Ability to stay asleep- 3:
woke up twice to use bathroom, stayed asleep for 5 hours total. Never felt restless when waking up/was very easy to get right back to sleep!

Feeling upon waking-5:
rested, refreshed, relaxed

Ability to aid in recovery - n/a unknown as of now

Changes in body comp (fat loss)- n/a as now
Not sure if this is supposed to have a diuretic affect. From the ingredients, I do not think it does, however, when I urinated twice last night, I felt much lighter after.. Worth noting

Looking forward to using this stuff in my bed sometime soon! Hopefully affects accumulate and do not diminish with use!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...this sounds promising. Like you, I am not the best sleeper.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would be nice to wake up and not feel like a bag of sh*t or like I need a few more hours sleep.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heck in our day none of us are getting accurate sleep, but these aids do help!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 2 NOV 1 2012

Another solid night. I had a LONG day so I probably woulda slept nicely anyway, but I was out minutes after putting my head down which like I said is rare. I also had to do some minor house cleaning since family is w me due to power outage, usually this would wake me up but I was able to relax very quickly after my cleaning.

Last night had some pretty vivid dreams as well

1-worst / 5-best

Ability to relax-5

Ability to fall asleep-5+ lol

Ability to stay asleep- 4. Couple bathroom breaks
Feeling upon waking- 5 very rested

Ability to aid in recovery - nice and sore, looked very full and solid

Changes in body comp (fat loss)- too soon to grade:::: perhaps placebo, but arms and shoulders looking more vascular, legs as well... If this is any indication of rem's power, I'm sure it will only get better!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 3 November 2 2012

Was tough falling asleep but felt very rested upon waking, only woke up once. Will stick with one cap tonight n possibly up to full dose of 2 if I don't feel as relaxed.

Ability to relax- 4

Ability to fall asleep-3

Ability to stay asleep-4

Feeling upon waking-5

Ability to aid in recovery -4 soreness from targeted muscles on Fridays workout.

Changes in body comp (fat loss)- n/a- keeping tabs but nothing worth noting yet after only 3 nights

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 5 November 4 2012

Fell asleep quickly, woke rested, didn't wake up once tonight :) first time in years

Ability to relax- 4

Ability to fall asleep-5

Ability to stay asleep-5

Feeling upon waking-perhaps just the cloudy weather but giving this a 3, wasn't tired, but wasn't chomping at the bit to get up n out to work

Ability to aid in recovery -5 still soreness from targeted muscles on Fridays workout; means sleep is deep and beneficial.

Changes in body comp (fat loss)- no grade yet but noticing consistent slight leaning despite LATE eating after working all night. Leaning primarily in waist/back ATM..

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This stuff seems to be legit... looking forward to seeing if the trend continues!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 6
November 5 2012

Stayed up way later than I had planned last night bc my gf lost her car keys at a charity event we were at at school so we looked for hours then finally gave up. I ate very late last might before bed which I hate doing but had to since staying out threw off my schedule. Felt crappy this morning but by the afternoon and gym I was very alert and had a great workout. Noticed my traps and biceps showing through as well as neck
Veins returning.. So a couple points for fat loss there

Ability to relax- 4

Ability to fall asleep-4

Ability to stay asleep-4

Feeling upon waking-2

Ability to aid in recovery - didn't do any justice being awake til 330 am.. So no grade today

Changes in body comp (fat loss)- looking good. Starting with a 3 after one week.. Hope to increase this by the end of the log !

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dog it man gonna to have to buy another sup to try def seems like this is effective.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Phosphatidyl serine: a highly underrated ingredient. Subbed.

-OS-Team AppNut

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Normal dosing is 2-3?
2 caps. Beauty of this product is if you like to have a shake before bed, you DO NOT have to wait 30-45 mins to digest it before u can pop the dose... In fact, I might go as far to say it is more effective if taken close by your bed time snack rather than waiting say 30 mins to an hour.. I will test this hypothesis over the next few days.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 7
November 6 2012

The one week mark was last night and I must say that personally this product has earned a spot in my personal arsenal. and I'm only using a half dose (per bottle rec. To start) will move to two caps for second week and see how we do!

Here's why:
1 worst, 5 best

Ability to relax-5

Ability to fall asleep-4.5

Ability to stay asleep- 4 which is huge for me

Feeling upon waking- 4.8 ;) one off morning thus far

Ability to aid in recovery - 4.5, deep REM sleep, vivid dreams.. Growth!

Changes in body comp (fat loss)- starting modest with a 3 but getting leaner in all the right places. V taper starting to really show (wide upper, small waist)

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
2 caps. Beauty of this product is if you like to have a shake before bed, you DO NOT have to wait 30-45 mins to digest it before u can pop the dose... In fact, I might go as far to say it is more effective if taken close by your bed time snack rather than waiting say 30 mins to an hour.. I will test this hypothesis over the next few days.
This looks to be more of a true sleep aid not like a GH booster although it does have a decent dose of GABA so its unaffected by food intake. The main ingredient here is the valerium.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This looks to be more of a true sleep aid not like a GH booster although it does have a decent dose of GABA so its unaffected by food intake. The main ingredient here is the valerium.
Yea. I notice a big difference between the effects of this and something like an hghup/hghpro. This really helps me with RLS..

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I like that alot... I find it hard to take supps that require that 30-60 window..

Sounds like your first week has gone excellent..

MustangManGT

MustangManGT

Awards
Loving the feedback and results you've gotten with the product so far. I can't comment on continual use as I am prescribed Rx sleeping pills, so I take REM PM when I really need to be knocked out for the night.

If anyone else is is interested in logging REM PM shoot me a PM and I may be able to hook up a few members with free bottles.

neddo

neddo

Awards
Fell asleep quickly, woke rested, didn't wake up once tonight :) first time in years

Ability to relax- 4

Ability to fall asleep-5
My personal favorite aspect of REM-PM tbh. Glad it's helping out broheim :)

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 9 November 8 2012

Past few nights I've been staying up late and sleeping in late, kinda in a crappy cycle in that aspect.. I don't foresee it breaking til Monday morning either ! I had to catch up on my SOA which I missed from the storms ;) last night was good but not great and so I think I will bump up tothe full two caps tonight!

Ability to relax- 5

Ability to fall asleep-3.5

Ability to stay asleep-5 (top effect thus far- this Product is $$ here)

Feeling upon waking-rested, but wanted more.. 3.5

Ability to aid in recovery - 4

Changes in body comp (fat loss)- upped to 4- v taper is developing despite caloric surplus for a lean bulk.. Veins galore.. :)

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
On day 10, Ben finally showed up to the party!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guess well
See how this stuff treats ya after a few drinks lol

neddo

neddo

Awards
lolol hope op stayed safe

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lolol hope op stayed safe
Of course! I'm too old to be stupid lol.

This weekend has been non existent in terms of sleep. Was up til 6 am again and now its ten and I cant sleep anymore... I don't think anything besides a horse tranquilizer would put me to bed right now. So I'm Not going to grade this weekend. Very uncharacteristic of me as I never go out like I did this weekend anymore ..

However- leaning has stayed consistent at a modest pace. The ability to fall asleep once I actually try is great. And I am surprisingly refreshed off 4 hours of sleep... Tonight and this whole week coming will be back to normal !

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in bed like a good boy now. Popped the rem about ten mins ago. Fighting thru to watch the end if the game ! Cannot wait to sleep

neddo

neddo

Awards
Lol you and me both dude.

Neither will score again though.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 11 November 12 2012

Was in bed early last night but was so tired forgot to increase to two caps. Fell asleep super quick but woke up after 2 hours and was very antsy so I killed an hour on am and watching tv. Fell back asleep around 4am and woke up at 930 for work not tired at all.

Ability to relax- 5

Ability to fall asleep-5

Ability to stay asleep-2

Feeling upon waking- 5

Ability to aid in recovery - gonna hold offbc I feel like I'm sick. Still training but lower intensity.

Changes in body comp (fat loss)- again gonna hold off due to illness, so I'm always a little puffier and eating as much as I can to assist in immune strength.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 14 november 15

Ability to relax- 5

Ability to fall asleep-5

Ability to stay asleep-5 shining bright now

Feeling upon waking- 2- baaadd think bc I am sick tho, like i can't sleep enough!

Ability to aid in recovery -4

Changes in body comp (fat loss)-even with decreased cardio this week due to illness, I am still staying about as lean as if i was crushing the hiit on treadmill and bike! 5

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope you get to feeeling better I was down earlier this week myself.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hope you get to feeeling better I was down earlier this week myself.
I thought I had the daa poops but they stopped now lol and it was two weeks into use anyway.. so musta been a little bug for a few days.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol Man I hate those bugs! Last time I had it I lost 9 lbs and yeah i wan't to lose weight but not that way :( lol

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 15 november 16

Ability to relax- 5

Ability to fall asleep-5

Ability to stay asleep-5

Feeling upon waking- 4. Still feeling slight
General fatigue but Sunday's I get to sit on my a$$ and watch football all day so I plan on finishing the recovery tomorrow lol

Ability to aid in recovery -4

Changes in body comp (fat loss)-even with decreased cardio this week due to illness, I am still staying about as lean as if i was crushing the hiit on treadmill and bike! 5
Duplicate from day before, simply effective despite reduced calorie burning this week..

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 19 november 20

Rough night last night personal issues flaring up. Didnt get to sleep til about 4:30 bc I was so mad and had to stay busy cleaning and stuff or I woulda broken my house instead. but slept thru the night. Woke up refreshed after only 3.5- 4 hours sleep.

Ability to relax- 5

Ability to fall asleep-5

Ability to stay asleep-5

Feeling upon waking- 5

Ability to aid in recovery -5

Changes in body comp (fat loss)- 4 slight plateau here nbut still working on reduced cardio due to time constraints :/ but asong as ur not getting fatter, it's ok lol