Bulking like a FREAK with 1-ALPHA

Page 2 of 21 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt

lol...i bet your wife is more understanding than mine, she doesn't even like to take aspirin unless she has to!!!
    Ya in that case she definitly is my wife is on a bunch of supps shes on here logging docbrown
    All posts by mattys4 are the result of a very creative imagination and should not be considered advice nor taken seriously

2. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Ya in that case she definitly is my wife is on a bunch of supps shes on here logging docbrown
    would that be the hot chick....

ooops
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID
    •   

3. Ya shes pretty awesome you should see her halloween costume i cant even think straight
    All posts by mattys4 are the result of a very creative imagination and should not be considered advice nor taken seriously

4. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Ya shes pretty awesome you should see her halloween costume i cant even think straight
    lol...should change your avi to...'MR.LUCKY'!!!

but i can't complain, my wife is holding up pretty good for an 'older bird', lol.

5. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i see lclt on your list....try taking it with carbs sometime!!!
    i take carbs a lil before LCLT is it more beneficial to take them together?

Anyone going to the NPC New England Championships today?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    i take carbs a lil before LCLT is it more beneficial to take them together?

Anyone going to the NPC New England Championships today?
    everyone has differing viewpoints on this, but from what i have researched benefits from lclt are more profound when taken with carbs or bcaa's which seem to have a carb like effect.

7. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt

everyone has differing viewpoints on this, but from what i have researched benefits from lclt are more profound when taken with carbs or bcaa's which seem to have a carb like effect.
    Hmmm i usualy do 2gs with 10g BCAA. Maybe ill switch to taking it with my vitargo for a week or so see if i notice a difference

8. Todays workout was a lil different had to rush it so we could go see the NPC New England Championships. Jay Cutler was there it was pretty awesome screwed my day up though eating wise we went out for lunch after and now another Halloween party.

45 mins Pre workout 1 scoop protein 35g Vitargo 10g bcaa 2 1-ALPHA
    15 mins Pre and throughout 10g bcaas 2g LCLT 2g ALCAR

Super sets minimal rest whole workout
    Flatbench 135x5x5x5 185x5x5x5 205x5 225x5 235x5x5x5
    SS
    Pull Downs dont remember weight similar difficulty and reps

Incline DB Press 80x15 85x10 90x6
    SS
    OH Bent Rows 135x15 185x10 225x6

HS Incline 4plates x 15 6plates x 8 dropset no rest (6px6 4px12 2px15)
    ss
    Bent Rows underhand 185x15 225x8 135x40 gotta be a PR

Dips BW 30 30 25
    ss
    wide grip pullups 12,10,7

Felt like a Boss today got this done in about 45minutes

9. Side note I got the pics back from my competition Ill post up a link shortly/tomorow

10. In and Subbed! Let's kill this shyt dude!

11. Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy
    In and Subbed! Let's kill this shyt dude!
    Ya man effin game time

12. Rest/grow day today.

13. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Rest/grow day today.
    you gettin anything from this yet!!!

btw-what day are you on?

14. This is day 4. I did feel like a beast in the gym yesterday but dont know if i can contribute that to the alpha. DreamWeaver said something like.7-10 days and if it does what its supposed to sudden and significant strength gains. So im pretty excited.

15. Cant post videos from my phone crappy

16. I ate like $h!t this weekend so that effected my performance quite a bit today. Wont be doing that again for awhile stupid haloween parties. I did make sure I got enough protein everyday but just way too many crappy carbs. So back on track this week now that all the festivities are over.

Deadlift Day
    warm up 10 mins stepmill

135x10
    135x5
    135x5
    185x5
    185x5
    185x5
    225x5
    225x5
    225x5
    255x5
    255x5
    285x3
    315x3
    335x1
    355x1
    375x1
    385x1

4" Defecit Deads
    225x3
    245x3
    265x3
    285x3
    305x3
    325x3 PR I have a video of this but have to try to figure out how to get it from my phone to computer

Leg Press
    10 plates 4-4-1-1 tempo

9 sets various calf excersizes from 12-30 reps

If I can find my tape Ill take some measurements today (just moved not completely unpacked yet)

Notes
    * I felt really strong considering how sluggish I was feeling weights didnt feel "heavy"
    * appetite is huge

17. You lift more like you're lifting for efficiency rather than mass...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

18. Ill sub to this bish. See what happens in cheer
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep

19. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver
    You lift more like you're lifting for efficiency rather than mass...
    Well i am.certainly open for some tips DW. Feel free to share some of your experience.

20. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga
    Ill sub to this bish. See what happens in cheer
    Thanks for joining man.

21. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Well i am.certainly open for some tips DW. Feel free to share some of your experience.
    It's just that I saw a lot of single reps in your workout. I haven't gone less than five in years but there is nothing wrong with efficient lifting, I peronally think that longevity in bodybuilding may be put at risk as these heavy lifts thake their toll. I certainly do and recommend compound lifting but a) not all the time and b) at rep ranges of between 5 and 15... Technique is the most important thing as well... Don't get me wrong, like I said if effidiecy is more important and there is no reason why it wouldn't be then do some singles here and there.

22. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    It's just that I saw a lot of single reps in your workout. I haven't gone less than five in years but there is nothing wrong with efficient lifting, I peronally think that longevity in bodybuilding may be put at risk as these heavy lifts thake their toll. I certainly do and recommend compound lifting but a) not all the time and b) at rep ranges of between 5 and 15... Technique is the most important thing as well... Don't get me wrong, like I said if effidiecy is more important and there is no reason why it wouldn't be then do some singles here and there.
    I usually rotate from lower reps with heavier weights to higher reps or slower greater TUT reps. Today I had no chalk or straps so there was only so heavy or so many reps I could do before grip failed. Also this workout took under an hour so rest periods were very short. Next deadlift day Ill go all 6-15 reps. Thanks for your input

23. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    I usually rotate from lower reps with heavier weights to higher reps or slower greater TUT reps. Today I had no chalk or straps so there was only so heavy or so many reps I could do before grip failed. Also this workout took under an hour so rest periods were very short. Next deadlift day Ill go all 6-15 reps. Thanks for your input
    You are going to experience growth either way, I am just saying that a lot more of your focus seems to be on efficiency that it is with me. That ship sailed away as I got older and it is not even something I can even consider as I would just get to the point where I could not work out at all. You can mix the two no problem. Just watch your joints.

24. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    You are going to experience growth either way, I am just saying that a lot more of your focus seems to be on efficiency that it is with me. That ship sailed away as I got older and it is not even something I can even consider as I would just get to the point where I could not work out at all. You can mix the two no problem. Just watch your joints.
    Thanks for the input man with your experience any advice is like gold. Joints a good except flat benching occasionally doesnt feel too good on the shoulder if im going under 5 reps. But I try to stay away from flat prefering incline/decline dips and dumbells as I feel it better activates chest muscles

25. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    The stash thanks finaflex
    I spy some Super DMZ
    After a year off, I'm back

26. Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    I spy some Super DMZ
    In, by the way
    After a year off, I'm back

27. offcourse I'll be following your log aswell, 1alpha brother....

you look ripped in those pics...
    OLYMPUS UK REP

28. Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    I spy some Super DMZ
    Haha ya i have an assorted stash of PHs havent run the dmz though maybe early next year

Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    In, by the way
    Thanks for joining

Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    offcourse I'll be following your log aswell, 1alpha brother....
    you look ripped in those pics...
    Thanks man Im hoping to gain some size while staying under 10%BF on this

29. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Thanks for the input man with your experience any advice is like gold. Joints a good except flat benching occasionally doesnt feel too good on the shoulder if im going under 5 reps. But I try to stay away from flat prefering incline/decline dips and dumbells as I feel it better activates chest muscles
    There is never really a really good reason for a bodybuilder to go sub 5 reps, does more damage than it does good. You can work power from 5 to 8 reps.

30. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    There is never really a really good reason for a bodybuilder to go sub 5 reps, does more damage than it does good. You can work power from 5 to 8 reps.
    That sounds good to me. So ill rotate my workouts from 5-8 one session to 8-15 next session. Thanks DW you da man!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What do you mix your bulk NP BCAA's with?
    By Deccadick in forum Supplements
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 10:16 PM
  2. Beta-Alanine...with an ALPHA price!!!
    By dsade in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 12:25 PM
  3. Something funny I'd like to share with you guys
    By luke1984 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 06:35 AM
  4. Looks like I freaked out over nothing about my HGH
    By FullyBuilt in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 04:13 PM