HPs Joint Venture with SNS Cissus XT!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Cissus-XT.png

It's the beginning of fall, and that means it the beginning of bulking season for many of us but not for me. I have been on a lifetime cut ever since I realized where I let myself get to. This is a time for increased food intake for the holidays, and it's also the time that everyone starts pushing the weights to new levels as we continue our quest for growth. And in a month or so, we'll see in influx of threads relating to joint health because of it.

The increased body weight and additional stress on your joints from hitting PR's can become a bit much. In a quest to prep for two upcoming meets I must ensure my joints are strong and healthy.

I enjoy powerlifting and it's a sport where you experience much wear and tear if your not careful. I have the honor to post a log of the product use of SNS Cissus XT and it's impact on my joint health. I have never utilized nor won any other products from this company so it's going to be a fun opportunity!

Additionally, I will rate this product on the NutraPlanet store, so other customers can see my thoughts on the product. I believe by giving an honest opinion this can create an opportunity for SNS to develop a great following with their products and company.

short-term goals: To compete in two upcoming powerlfiting meets, which makes #13 and #14 in my career and remain pain and injury free! My contest history can be found HERE!

Upcoming Meets: IPA National Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships, Nov. 17-18, 2012
100% VA Christmas Classic @ Zion Crossroads VA, Decmber 8, 2012

long-term goals: To continue lifting heavy/light well into my late years while enjoy the fruits of my labor. Get more cut and shredded even at a higher body weight than the average male.

Why do you want to try SNS Cissus XT?
It's a product with the way I train has become a necessity since I lift heavy week in and week out, 3 weeks on and 1 week deload. I found this to be the best in terms of recouperation. I believe this can become a staple product in ayone's repertoire.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
1st!In!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a lot of competitions with some brutal loads, sounds like a little cissus is perfect for you!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
LOL, No doubt mack Welcome.

That's a lot of competitions with some brutal loads, sounds like a little cissus is perfect for you!
There is a story behind this as to why. The short version is I moved to my current location 5.5yrs ago and a friend left a flyer on my desk who knew I loved to lift. I went to this competition after realization it wasn't a joke and found out I could bench 400+ and never benched over 330 in training, I'm serious. I used to play basketball and this area I'm living in, which I'm about to relocate from, is mountainous and people here do not do anything but hunt/fish.

So this guy who used to powerlift ran unsanctioned meets and I participated in hopes of growing the sport once I realized my potential and he just collected our dues and gave us cheap trophies. Eventually the cheap trophies became certificates. I then found out about other organizations such as IPA and competed near my hometown this past June and received a sculpture.

The rest is history. Now I compete in IPA in York, PA and 100% RAW meets around the country to collect a few trophies I wish I had earned when I was working so hard to hit PR's at all the previous meets I entered and got basically nothing. Now I have two sculptures and a cup which look very nice in my office. I'm making up for lost time now and competing 2-3 times a year.

100% RAW federation has Worlds in Vegas once a year where you can earn a ring. Next year I become a Master. I was trying to also gain as many Submaster records as I could as a SHW before turning Master. All my contest history is on my BB.com profile. It's not about competing but showing people how strong i remain, naturally and consistantly train even on limited time and yet have a life outside lifting.

I just had my first born @ 39 and all our friends are grandparents! WTF. BTW, I'm honored to run this for you guys because it's a staple supplement I need in my repertoire.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday, 10/24/12

Workout: Chest/Biceps
Incline Bench: Warmup, 225x10, 315x8, 315x8, 315x8, 345x4
BB Curls (Curl Bar): 90lb 8x8
Close Grip Bench: Warmup, 225x8, 275x8, 345x5

Thurday, 10/25/12
Revisited: Chest/Back/Delts/Bi's
Decline bench: Warmup, 225x10, 315x8, 405x3 (PR), 405x4 (PR) Filmed
Pulldowns: 12xStackx2
Low Cable Row: 12xStackx2
BBCurls: 135x5

Walked into the gym last night with no intentions of lifting. I was drained and tired and yet decided to do something unconventional and hit the Decline. Two months ago I couldn't even hold 405 in my hands. When I walked in the gym something hit me and said let's go! I warmed up and stretched and decided it was all or nothing and loaded it it up to 315. I hit 8 reps and thought to myself it felt light. I gave it a go and decided to try 405, not expecting to get a single rep and Boom, 3. I looked around and seen all the bewildered faces and shouted, Damn, I didn't even ask anyone to film it. So I asked a buddy to get out his phone and Boom, 4 reps. Alpha. It's on. Understand, I Inclined the day before. I'm rolling with it and seeing what I may hit next month at comp!

Cissus XT, it has begun with my first dose being this morning. Wheels on tap tonight!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on the new boy! When's your next comp?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the new boy! When's your next comp?
Decmber 8, 2012 Zion Crossroads, VA 100%RAW MEET. I have to miss the one in November since wifey informed me she would like to stay home and have my our first Thanksgiving with our son as a family and not with extended family.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Nice work brother!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Decmber 8, 2012 Zion Crossroads, VA 100%RAW MEET. I have to miss the one in November since wifey informed me she would like to stay home and have my our first Thanksgiving with our son as a family and not with extended family.
That's coming up here pretty soon!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In to see future lift sessions.

Cissus has helped my knees/elbows wonders when it comes to my PL training.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
can you pm me hokie about that,id like to try to come.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;JqwghTE7KrM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqwghTE7KrM[/video]

Decline 405 for reps! (PR)

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I plan to add another comp in between the December 8 comp in Zion Crossroads. It will be November 10 for charity, St. Jude. I definitely will have a true measure as far as recovery and joint health by testing the product throughout November and early December. I only hit the gym twice last week and seems I won't get back until tomorrow so we will see where I stand and if I can possibly get another PR in, this time on the Incline.

Feeling great and joints feel awesome.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I plan to add another comp in between the December 8 comp in Zion Crossroads. It will be November 10 for charity, St. Jude. I definitely will have a true measure as far as recovery and joint health by testing the product throughout November and early December. I only hit the gym twice last week and seems I won't get back until tomorrow so we will see where I stand and if I can possibly get another PR in, this time on the Incline.

Good to hear that last part.

What's your best total?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Good luck, I'm assuming your 120kg+ weight class?
All Day! SHW. Enjoy hitting these comps to meet good peeps. Nasty people I stay away from, I'm talking as far as attitude. The reps I have seen on this log from SNS or PM'ed are awesome. I won't say the same for one of your own in particular and choose not to go another route. I'll stay in my lane and do what I do. Help those I feel will ask questions or want to train with me.

I used to be 190 in college and found a way to gain weight, in turn, change the ratio of fat and muscle in my favor. I sit and watch people day in and day out struggle to gain a lb or more strength, yet I choose to keep quiet as I hit PR after PR @ 39. Yeah, I don't have all the answers but I have a few. All done natural. All products I ever used was from General Nutrition Center.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards

Nice,glad the joints are doing good.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I'm in for the ride. Should be fun.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All Day! SHW. Enjoy hitting these comps to meet good peeps. Nasty people I stay away from, I'm talking as far as attitude. The reps I have seen on this log from SNS or PM'ed are awesome. I won't say the same for one of your own in particular and choose not to go another route. I'll stay in my lane and do what I do. Help those I feel will ask questions or want to train with me.I used to be 190 in college and found a way to gain weight, in turn, change the ratio of fat and muscle in my favor. I sit and watch people day in and day out struggle to gain a lb or more strength, yet I choose to keep quiet as I hit PR after PR @ 39. Yeah, I don't have all the answers but I have a few. All done natural. All products I ever used was from General Nutrition Center.
Appreciate the kinds of words, if you have any concerns or problems, please feel free to PM me.

Definitely, I'm looking to move up to 198's after my next meet as a 181.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late but def in this ride!!! I love cissus so this product works well with you I may have to add it. Kill it brother!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate the kinds of words, if you have any concerns or problems, please feel free to PM me.

Definitely, I'm looking to move up to 198's after my next meet as a 181.
No doubt, I have some programs which may help you if you would like to take a look at them. I have tons of auto spreadsheets which does calcualtions for lifts and such, if you want them. I can tell you the easiest way to gain size. I do it continuously and it works for any lift.

Late but def in this ride!!! I love cissus so this product works well with you I may have to add it. Kill it brother!
Cissus XT has been treating me well. I'm definitely scoring it well at the moment.

I'm in for the ride. Should be fun.
Appreciate the peeps who stop by, it's an honor for me, for those who come and comment!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Well today sucks because the world basically stopped. I didn't go to the gym because my training partner who normally shows up on Monday couldn't make it. He felt bad asing for a ride to the gym. He doesn't drive himself. Anyways, I wasn't sure how many others were going to be there and the Y put out a message it was closed today!

I'm also in the process of trying to relocate and yet that is stalled too since Hurricane Sandy! I'm stuck having to wait until business is back to normal, such is life, prayers to those who have much bigger problems than me. Especially those hwo have there homes flooded and such.

I'm dreaming of my next lift in the gym to film, which I'm hoping will be on the Incline. I won't say how much or reps wise. I'll load it as soon as I can get back in the gym, hopefully tomorrow. On a good note, NBA begins tonight, opening up with the Boston Celtics and Miami Heat. Then Lakers vs. Mavs. This shall help time to pass.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang it man that sucks, but at least like the dude off water boys says " We live to fight another day" lol I just got down doing inclines nothing crazy though.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Monday: 10/29/12
OFF DUE TO HURRICANE SANDY

Tuesday: 10/30/12

Wednesday: 10/31/12
Halloween

Chest/Bi's
Incline Bench: Warmup, 225x8, 275x8, 315x8, 405 (PR, Filmed)
Flat Bench: Warmup, 225x10, 275x10, 315x8, 405x3, 405x2
CGB w/ Chains: 135x10, 225x10, 275x8, 315x2
BB Curls (Curl Bar); 100lbs, 8x8

So no sleep due to 9month old not wanting to and barely able to peel myself off the floor I decided to go to the gym anyway. I left work early due to me jsut not being rested enough to sit there and do nothing. In the middle of a transition, relocating.

If anyone followed any previous logs they will see the history of my lifting vs sleep battle with my son. He does not like to sleep. For intance, last night I was woken up @ 1:30am. I left the bedroom to settle down because i was at my wits end of not sleeping. I then went back to bed only to be woken up again at 4AM. I give the monster a bottle and he falls asleep. I went back to the living room and sprawled on the couch, and woke up at 7:45, LATE FOR WORK, Dammit.

Back to yesterday, I was drained, yet determined to do a lift I was thinking about over the last weekend. Oh yeah, couple this with the fact that I spent last Saturday evening in the ER becuase my son was hot as fire. Come to find out he had a 102.4 temp. Sunday it lifted off him, 24hrs. I'm serious. He was pressed against me and I thought he had peed on me. That's how hot he was. Guess what they did, 3 hrs later, they give him tylenol and say he's fine, WTF? Luckily he came off it the following day.

So now I'm under the weather becuase he passed it on to wifey and I. Here I am wanting to go to the gym anyway. I get there and my buddy is locked and loaded and ready to get started. I warmup and it seemed for that moment, the tiredness and sickness left. I hit 315 and said let's do it. I loaded the bar and strecthed. I went for it. Came down easy and touched my chest, and sprung back up. Once I got near lockout I stalled. The final 2 inches, was hellacious. I just reracked it. Some will count it, others will call bull****. I say, godwilling i'll try it again another day.

One might ask, what the hell does this have do with a joint formula. If youread on what I did following that lift and compound it with what I performed last week, one can only put two and two together. It's the shiz. I feel awesome. No soreness has followed whatsoever.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards

Halloween

Chest/Bi's

So no sleep due to 9month old not wanting to and barely able to peel myself off the floor I decided to go to the gym anyway. I left work early due to me jsut not being rested enough to sit there and do nothing. In the middle of a transition, relocating.

If anyone followed any previous logs they will see the history of my lifting vs sleep battle with my son. He does not like to sleep. For intance, last night I was woken up @ 1:30am. I left the bedroom to settle down because i was at my wits end of not sleeping. I then went back to bed only to be woken up again at 4AM. I give the monster a bottle and he falls asleep. I went back to the living room and sprawled on the couch, and woke up at 7:45, LATE FOR WORK, Dammit.

Back to yesterday, I was drained, yet determined to do a lift I was thinking about over the last weekend. Oh yeah, couple this with the fact that I spent last Saturday evening in the ER becuase my son was hot as fire. Come to find out he had a 102.4 temp. Sunday it lifted off him, 24hrs. I'm serious. He was pressed against me and I thought he had peed on me. That's how hot he was. Guess what they did, 3 hrs later, they give him tylenol and say he's fine, WTF? Luckily he came off it the following day.

So now I'm under the weather becuase he passed it on to wifey and I. Here I am wanting to go to the gym anyway. I get there and my buddy is locked and loaded and ready to get started. I warmup and it seemed for that moment, the tiredness and sickness left. I hit 315 and said let's do it. I loaded the bar and strecthed. I went for it. Came down easy and touched my chest, and sprung back up. Once I got near lockout I stalled. The final 2 inches, was hellacious. I just reracked it. Some will count it, others will call bull****. I say, godwilling i'll try it again another day.

One might ask, what the hell does this have do with a joint formula. If youread on what I did following that lift and compound it with what I performed last week, one can only put two and two together. It's the shiz. I feel awesome. No soreness has followed whatsoever.
Nice work and update man.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I just became 1ft tall lol I thought my 285 incline bench was something! You are so wicked strong man solid workouts every day and love seeing you hit them pr's!

Halloween

Chest/Bi's

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Looks good brotha, glad to hear it's helping out.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
No doubt, Pack and Mack 11. I'm feeling good even though I've been battling lack of sleep and flu like symptoms since last Thursday. I'm taking a deload this week to prep for St Jude's Bench/Dead competition November 10 @ Mercer Mall. I posted that incline on YouTube. I'll link it when I get home from house hunting in Pa. It's listed under HokiePride 405 incline.
Cool thing is the virus I picked up from my son came right when I should have taken time off to prep for the comp. I usually take a week off and do nothing unless its cardio until the Wednesday before. This is ok because it doesn't interfere with my timing. Go figure.

Thursaday 11/1 Delts, Traps

Friday 11/2 Off/Flu

Saturday 11/3 Off/flu

Sunday 11/4 Off/really weak

Monday 11/5 House Hunting in Pa/ getting stronger

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Looks good brotha, glad to hear it's helping out.
Thank you Anti. Stay tuned for the results at comp.no pain or soreness. Just brute strength allowing me to keep up with these numbers I'm convinced.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
I hope your feeling better bro,I had a little bit set in last week but I kicked it.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Thank you Anti. Stay tuned for the results at comp.no pain or soreness. Just brute strength allowing me to keep up with these numbers I'm convinced.
Good stuff. And at least the timing of the sickness worked out for you. I had something wicked about a month ago, but thank god it was bacterial so some antibiotics did wonders.

Not eating for a week and a half made me lose about 15lbs though.

Cant wait for your meet.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just got sick too. Hopefully you'll get over it in plenty of time to be at full strength for the comp. Looking forward to hearing how ya do. Anybody taking any video of it?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I hope your feeling better bro,I had a little bit set in last week but I kicked it.
Feeling awesome now and yes, I got over it finally just before the meet last Saturday!

Good stuff. And at least the timing of the sickness worked out for you. I had something wicked about a month ago, but thank god it was bacterial so some antibiotics did wonders.

Not eating for a week and a half made me lose about 15lbs though.

Cant wait for your meet.
Hero, yeah, it's no walk in the park when you suffer sickness but it's gone and all is good int he household!

I just got sick too. Hopefully you'll get over it in plenty of time to be at full strength for the comp. Looking forward to hearing how ya do. Anybody taking any video of it?
Yes, sir! Video of a guy who hit 535 at the meet. i'll post it later, right now I'm going to get you all up to speed!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday 11/6 Off

Wednesday 11/7: Off

Thursday 11/8:
Incline bench: 135x10, 225x10, 315x8, 315x8, 315x7, 315x7
Flat bench: 225x10, 315x8, 405x1, 430x1 (PR) This killed my lift for Saturday
Cable Crossovers: 60, 70, 80x15

Friday 11/9: Off

Saturday Nov 10, 2012: You vs YOU Bench Press Competition for St Judes!

Bench Press: 135x30, 225x20, 315x19 (PR), 225x10, 315x10, 385x1, 405x1, 430x1 (FAIL)

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tuesday 11/6 Off

Thursday 11/8:

Bench Press: 135x30, 225x20, 315x19 (PR), 225x10, 315x10, 385x1, 405x1, 430x1 (FAIL)
Now that's a lot of benchin'! Good job on the PR.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Tuesday 11/6 Off

Thursday 11/8:

Omg your a beast bro,I'm glad you beat tha sickness!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Joker could bench a damn 18 rig if he wanted to!! Beast mode every day for this guy!!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Omg your a beast bro,I'm glad you beat tha sickness!
Yeah, I beat it. It was by chance. It fell in line with the comp. I don;t know how I got over it. it lifted off my wife and son as well. We all healed together. I'm determined to hit the weights and not lose strength no matter the circumstances. I'm also selling my house in VA and purchasing one in PA in the midst of running this. I'm running back and forth between VA/PA for appraisals, home inspections and closing on both homes, while getting very little sleep bewtween my almost 10 month old, wife, 2 dogs and 2 cats. I'm on fire homie and love the challnege to get to the gym and smash PR's.

Joker could bench a damn 18 rig if he wanted to!! Beast mode every day for this guy!!
Thank you for the compliment. I just try to stay consistant and beat my numbers or match them from the week before. I compete against two people everyday. Myself from yesterday and tomorrow. Today is all i have, god willing.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Monday Nov 12, 2012

Happy Veterans Day!​

Workout: Chest/Bi's
Incline Bench: 135x20, 225x15, 315x10, 315x10
FLat Bench: 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 405x1
Cable Crossover: 70x15, 80x15, 90x10 (Top-Mid-Bottom)
BBCurl: 110x8x8

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid Mr. Beast and yeah i feel yah there. We always fight outselves to beat ourselves lol.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Monday Nov 12, 2012

Happy Veterans Day!​

Workout: Chest/Bi's
Incline Bench: 135x20, 225x15, 315x10, 315x10
FLat Bench: 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 405x1
Cable Crossover: 70x15, 80x15, 90x10 (Top-Mid-Bottom)
BBCurl: 110x8x8
Killed it man!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jealous of your bench numbers, good work!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday 11/13/12: Off

Wednesday 11/14/12: Off

Thursday 11/15/12: Workout

Decline Bench: 135x10, 225x10, 315x10, 405x5 (PR), 405(PR, Filmed)
Rack Pulls: 135x10, 225x10, 315x10
Incline Bench: 135x10, 225x10, 315x8, 315x7, 315x7
Deads: 225x5, 315x5, 405x1, 455x1(failed, lower back is stressed badly, lost immense strength due to lower back pain which began a couple weeks ago. So I need to rebuild my strength, this really sucks)

FYI-Son turned 10 months today! He is growing fast. I'm getting stronger and stronger. Cissus has helped me remain pain free upper body wise but lately suffering from lower back pain. Don't know how or why. :aid off from squats and deads for the last three weeks. Strength fell off. Need to rebuild this slowly.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday 11/13/12: Off

Wednesday 11/14/12: Off

Thursday 11/15/12: Workout

Decline Bench: 135x10, 225x10, 315x10, 405x5 (PR), 405(PR, Filmed)
Rack Pulls: 135x10, 225x10, 315x10
Incline Bench: 135x10, 225x10, 315x8, 315x7, 315x7
Deads: 225x5, 315x5, 405x1, 455x1(failed, lower back is stressed badly, lost immense strength due to lower back pain which began a couple weeks ago. So I need to rebuild my strength, this really sucks)

FYI-Son turned 10 months today! He is growing fast. I'm getting stronger and stronger. Cissus has helped me remain pain free upper body wise but lately suffering from lower back pain. Don't know how or why. :aid off from squats and deads for the last three weeks. Strength fell off. Need to rebuild this slowly.
Very nice brotha, moving big numbers!