Piston Honda's Purus Platoon War Journal: Muscle Marinade

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me begin by saying that after just ONEworkout with a full scoop of Purus Labs' Muscle Marinade, I am making it a staple for future workouts. It's that good.

Thanks to the generosity of Grambo and the rest of the Purus Platoon (Aaron, Airborne, JohnnyNutz) who chose me to log, I was given the opportunity to log Muscle Marinade. I had heard nothing but positive reviews from those who've used it before.

I was hesitant at first also because of the 6g of creatine in a full scoop. I'm making a conscious effort to up my water intake big time though so I won't have issues.

The stim content is what it's notorious for also, but I have to say that it was a smooth sustained rush I felt as I was working out. No major comedown afterwards either; for me, perfect, for others, may be a tad strong.

Flavor: I had fresh fruit. Tasted better than it smelled, let's put it that way! Although now that I've had Purus' ConDense in green apple, I DEMAND it be included in MM formulas!

Day one workout:

Hammer bench press:
270x6, 310x6, 340 x8 (PR) to failure, 340 x 6 f, 310 x 5 f, 270x6 f. 2 minute rest between sets
Hex shrugs:
185x 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 60 second rest
Roc-it lat pulldowns
230x 12, 11, 8 -- BIG bicep pump here, 180 x 8 --bicep pumps again!
Farmers' walks 60 lbs x 2 trips across gym x 2

Felt great throughout the workout; hit PRs on bench press. Never went that high and especially with those reps; maybe it was placebo but I felt with MM in my system, there was NO WAY that I WASN'T going to push that weight!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final review:

Smooth energy
Constant PRs
Great taste
No crash
Laser focus

Quite possibly the best PWO I have used to date!

Thanks to Grambo and the good folks at Purus for choosing me to log Muscle Marinade. If I didn't have PT and wasn't busy with some marriage planning and other things I would have had this log finished earlier. Wouldn't want you to think that a tub would normally last this long!

Thanks to all who have followed this log and supported me throughout!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
2nd.

:wave2:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wish I knew how to put links in my sigs, my two logs are running together because of space requirements. Help?

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Joining the party!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
****in kill it!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gonna have to take it easy today; have to fast and get ready for bloodwork tomorrow. Looking forward to tomorrow's workout!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leg Day:

Woke up at 6 to have my blood drawn for a standard check-up around 6:30. Having fasted for 12 hours, and being weirded out by such a clinical setting, of course I passed out. Felt weird for a couple hours afterward but still hit the gym after work.

Freemotion squat machine:
240 x 4, 320 x 4 (warmup)
Stripsets of 400x12, 300x6, 200x6, 400x11, 300x6, 200x6, 400x10,300x6,200x6 (90 second rest between sets)

Single leg deadlifts hlding 25 pound plates at the fingertips: 3 each leg, 3 sets (50 sec rest)

Ground base squats
270x6,320x4, 360x3 (PR) --strained my pec a bit at the top of the third rep, so I didn't go back down the line. Still some DOMS from chest day a couple days ago I guess.

Stiff legged-deadlifts:
185 x8, 215x8, 215 x8, 185 x8

Lot of exercises today geared toward range of motion and stretching as opposed to all-out heavy leg days. Felt good and the MM gave me great energy. Worried a bit about creatine bloat, but we'll see if it's all in my head. Looking at myself after working out and sucking down a protein shake will of course make me look bloated with all the water in my stomach!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Only bad thing about protein shakes!
The bloat!

What kinda diet you on?

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Basically I'm a carnivore. Have always hated starchy carbs from when I was a young kid. My mom would make pasta 2-3 times a week and I HATED the chewiness and gumminess of it. Lots of meat and low GI carbs, sweet potatoes and green beans being pretty regular staples. Really only have a shake after my workout. Eggs and bacon or low fat sausage for breakfast, occasionally oatmeal if I know I'm going to have a day that expends a lot of calories.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shoulder day:

Lunges pushing a 25 pound plate from the chest outward: 10 each leg, 9, 8, 7 60 sec rest

Close grip barbell shrugs:
155/10, 175/10,9,8,7. 135x8. 175 was a PR

Hammer low rows:
230 x 10,9,8,7 180x5. 230 was a PR

Single arm rows:
60x 10,9,8,7

Hex bar pulls:
185 x10 --for some reason, this gave me full body goosebumps for a whole minute! 185x9,8 135x8

Strength and endurance seem to be going up, good pumps and fullness after the workout. Great product so far!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Shoulder day:

Lunges pushing a 25 pound plate from the chest outward: 10 each leg, 9, 8, 7 60 sec rest

Close grip barbell shrugs:
155/10, 175/10,9,8,7. 135x8. 175 was a PR

Hammer low rows:
230 x 10,9,8,7 180x5. 230 was a PR

Single arm rows:
60x 10,9,8,7

Hex bar pulls:
185 x10 --for some reason, this gave me full body goosebumps for a whole minute! 185x9,8 135x8

Strength and endurance seem to be going up, good pumps and fullness after the workout. Great product so far!
Nice work.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In...thought I already was but I guess not lol ha I have the cherry lime aid and it smells aweful too. Taste great though

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taste is honestly the only thing they could change about the formula. Maybe some citrulline malate but it's not a pure pump product, so it would be nitpicking. Green apple or watermelon Muscle Marinade would blow me away!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In! I only use 1/2 scoop for mine, 6g is too much mono for me!

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
In for this - all the purus love going around & I still haven't tried MM or condense...hmmm

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! I only use 1/2 scoop for mine, 6g is too much mono for me!
I was worried about that too; I haven't used creatine for a looooong time but I'm upping my fluid intake to help. What I'm more pleasantly surprised about is the amount of 1,3 in a full scoop and the fact I haven't crashed yet hours afterward.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for this - all the purus love going around & I still haven't tried MM or condense...hmmm
Hopefully my modest log and opinions sway you, good sir!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
im here :p

msrider

msrider

Awards
I will b taking MM for first time today brotha, I will let ya know how it goes lol pumped up about!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will b taking MM for first time today brotha, I will let ya know how it goes lol pumped up about!
It's an awesome ride man, hope you enjoy it!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
no homo

msrider

msrider

Awards
It's an awesome ride man, hope you enjoy it!
Killer stuff bro! Didn't mix up as good as some I've had but will say this is by far the best pwo I've ever had. I'm done with my workout and still on edge ready to throw somemore weights around. Realy good with 50mg winny pwo too lol :p

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killer stuff bro! Didn't mix up as good as some I've had but will say this is by far the best pwo I've ever had. I'm done with my workout and still on edge ready to throw somemore weights around. Realy good with 50mg winny pwo too lol :p
Let it sit for a minute then shake, no probs with mix. I gotta get in on that pwo! Lol

msrider

msrider

Awards
Let it sit for a minute then shake, no probs with mix. I gotta get in on that pwo! Lol
That was my problem I think I mixed with a spoon lol in a hurry and down the hatch. Never the less loved the stim, already told a buddy to get some haha

And yeah can't go wrong with adding a little winny aggression to the mix haha, I tried to get 365 today but my spotter for some reason helped me and I wasn't ready to go up, think I could've got it damn it. Oh well always next week.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hammer bench press:
270x6 warmup
360x10, 6 --PRs!
320x6, 290x6
--noticed my triceps are probably holding me back from more weight or more reps. Def weak point.

Hex bar shrugs
205x10,9,8,8,7 --PRs with weight!

Roc-it lat pulldowns:
230/12,11,9,8 -- PRs for reps, last workout my biceps were too engorged to go past 8 for third set

Farmers walks: 60lbs x 2.5 gym lengths x 2 --PRs for distance

Flying push-ups: 20/16/10 --swollen as heck!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had physical therapy on Wednesday, off day yesterday, and cranked out leg exercises today. 325lb squats, no keeping track of time in between. Just went until I couldn't any more. Usually 4-8 reps per set.

From there it was on to standing squats with a 45 lb plate over my head; 3 sets of 15.

Final exercise was lunges throwing a 25lb medicine ball from my core outward against a wall. 3 sets of 10 reps.

No stim crash from MM; just pure focus and the energy to keep going and going. VERY happy with this product so far!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Had physical therapy on Wednesday, off day yesterday, and cranked out leg exercises today. 325lb squats, no keeping track of time in between. Just went until I couldn't any more. Usually 4-8 reps per set.

From there it was on to standing squats with a 45 lb plate over my head; 3 sets of 15.

Final exercise was lunges throwing a 25lb medicine ball from my core outward against a wall. 3 sets of 10 reps.

No stim crash from MM; just pure focus and the energy to keep going and going. VERY happy with this product so far!
What we like to hear!!! Killin it bro!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards

Nice work,I've never found anyone who doesn't like it yet!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shoulder day:
Pull-ups:
15/13/12
Roc-it mid rows:
260 x 13/11/9, 215 x 10/10
Barbell rows:
135 x 10/9/8
Farmer's walks:
65 (PR) x 2/2
Hammer iso-lateral low row:
230 x 10/9/8, 180 x 8

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Physical therapy for my shoulders will be Mondays and Wednesdays for a few weeks now. Probably some cable work, BoSu push-ups, stretching. Went hard today on them in the gym but really focused on the mind-body connection and tried to focus on getting correct range of motion. Therapist urged no shrugs or overhead presses, so my routine today reflected that.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Shoulder day:
Pull-ups:
15/13/12
Roc-it mid rows:
Barbell rows:
135 x 10/9/8
Farmer's walks:
65 (PR) x 2/2
230 x 10/9/8, 180 x 8
Nice work bro!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thx bro!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Shoulder day:
Pull-ups:
15/13/12
Roc-it mid rows:
Barbell rows:
135 x 10/9/8
Farmer's walks:
65 (PR) x 2/2
230 x 10/9/8, 180 x 8
Building boulder shoulders! :420:

You're missing out....

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I can start pressing overhead, THEN the boulders will grow! I can say its my best physical feature when I'm 100%.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Shoulder day:
Pull-ups:
15/13/12
Roc-it mid rows:
Barbell rows:
135 x 10/9/8
Farmer's walks:
65 (PR) x 2/2
230 x 10/9/8, 180 x 8
NICE!!

msrider

msrider

Awards
I told my buddy at the gym about MM, he told me to bring in. So I did, he's like where did u get that? I told him. He said it was the best he ever had and he bout it in Texas at a suppliment shop. I guess when he was buying it he told the lady he wanted a preworkout that would make him feel like punching a baby in the face lol. So they gave him MM. Then he said here in Missouri he tried to get some and the place told him it was discontinued. Let's just say he's pumped its not and him and other buddies ordered some that day. Just thought I would share some laughter with ya guys.