Jalfrey--Mmm...No Whey! There's a Pumpkin Pie-Flavored Protein!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Big Thanks to Jiggamanbill for hooking me up with a promo code so I can jump all over this product from AI Sports that I've been eager to try!

Unfortunately, I can't put up an image or link due to my low post count. But check it out on AI Sport's website!

This is an ideal protein for lactose-intolerant individuals or for people that just want to try something different. Here's my run-down of the big 4 factors I judge supplements by--

Ingredients/Profile--There have been a lot of studies on the efficacy of rice and pea protein versus some of the other sources that we as bodybuilders are more used to using. I'm not going to go into a lot of the details here, except to say that one of my favorite proteins (the now deceased Lipotropic Protein from LG) used them as sources and I saw their effects firsthand. I also like the added vitamins and minerals in this formula that No Whey provides. I would like to see the amino profile on this, but couldn't find it anywhere. Oh well, I'm still going to give it a 8/10 because I believe in the power of pea ; )

Mixability--This is where I was I bit stunned and taken aback. I was looking forward to chugging this after workouts on cold Autumn mornings. Unfortunately, this is not to be. After shaking the mix, it congealed into a milky gray-brown sludge. I like sludge, but only when I'm expecting it. I added some more milk, but it just got thicker. So this leaves me in a pickle as to how to rate this factor. Because when mixed into pancakes, oatmeal (my preferred method), or sludge (which gives it a cream of wheat texture--not bad), No Whey works great. But, if you're looking to use it as a shake, it's not really happening. Because mixability usually refers to how well something mixes into water or milk, I'm going to rate by that definition. In which case, No Whey gets a 1/10. It's great for cooking, but just gets thicker as you add more liquid...

Taste--It's pumpkin-pie! No doubt about that. The added fructose gives it a nice true sweetness instead of a bit hit of artificial flavor. The spice isn't overwhelming. It won't take the place of a real pumpkin pie, but it serves a a good sensible substitute! 9/10 because i could use a little more spice in it.

Cost--This is a little bit pricey for me as far as protein goes. It's only available on AIsports.com at $29.99 for 20 servings. That's a bit steep at $1.50 a serving. But, I'm the first to admit that I'm a bit of a tight***. But, if you contact any of AI's reps on here, they can give you a generous promo code that drops the price 30%--now we're talking! A dollar for 30 grams of protein sounds much better! I'll give it a 8/10 for that promo code, 6/10 without it.

I wouldn't use this product year-round. But, overall, No Whey Pumpkin-Pie flavored protein is a good product that will be a staple of mine every September through December. I think it's great for a company to make seasonal flavors and wish that more would do it! I'm going to be more forgiving of the mixability than usual on my combined score and give No Whey a solid 7/10.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my review!

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Big Thanks to Jiggamanbill for hooking me up with a promo code so I can jump all over this product from AI Sports that I've been eager to try!

Unfortunately, I can't put up an image or link due to my low post count. But check it out on AI Sport's website!

This is an ideal protein for lactose-intolerant individuals or for people that just want to try something different. Here's my run-down of the big 4 factors I judge supplements by--

Ingredients/Profile--There have been a lot of studies on the efficacy of rice and pea protein versus some of the other sources that we as bodybuilders are more used to using. I'm not going to go into a lot of the details here, except to say that one of my favorite proteins (the now deceased Lipotropic Protein from LG) used them as sources and I saw their effects firsthand. I also like the added vitamins and minerals in this formula that No Whey provides. I would like to see the amino profile on this, but couldn't find it anywhere. Oh well, I'm still going to give it a 8/10 because I believe in the power of pea ; )

Mixability--This is where I was I bit stunned and taken aback. I was looking forward to chugging this after workouts on cold Autumn mornings. Unfortunately, this is not to be. After shaking the mix, it congealed into a milky gray-brown sludge. I like sludge, but only when I'm expecting it. I added some more milk, but it just got thicker. So this leaves me in a pickle as to how to rate this factor. Because when mixed into pancakes, oatmeal (my preferred method), or sludge (which gives it a cream of wheat texture--not bad), No Whey works great. But, if you're looking to use it as a shake, it's not really happening. Because mixability usually refers to how well something mixes into water or milk, I'm going to rate by that definition. In which case, No Whey gets a 1/10. It's great for cooking, but just gets thicker as you add more liquid...

Taste--It's pumpkin-pie! No doubt about that. The added fructose gives it a nice true sweetness instead of a bit hit of artificial flavor. The spice isn't overwhelming. It won't take the place of a real pumpkin pie, but it serves a a good sensible substitute! 9/10 because i could use a little more spice in it.

Cost--This is a little bit pricey for me as far as protein goes. It's only available on AIsports.com at $29.99 for 20 servings. That's a bit steep at $1.50 a serving. But, I'm the first to admit that I'm a bit of a tight***. But, if you contact any of AI's reps on here, they can give you a generous promo code that drops the price 30%--now we're talking! A dollar for 30 grams of protein sounds much better! I'll give it a 8/10 for that promo code, 6/10 without it.

I wouldn't use this product year-round. But, overall, No Whey Pumpkin-Pie flavored protein is a good product that will be a staple of mine every September through December. I think it's great for a company to make seasonal flavors and wish that more would do it! I'm going to be more forgiving of the mixability than usual on my combined score and give No Whey a solid 7/10.

Thanks for the review! I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

It is a very thick shake, unlike the whey proteins. instead of getting thinner it does get thicker. I too enjoy the thickness / pudding consistancy as it feels like I am eating more, but you are right, you do have to be ready for it.

But the taste, etc., I am happy that you were happy!

For anyone looking for a sample of our products (first time requests) please PM me :

First Last
Street
City, State, Zip

I can get you a promo code as well if you like.

Thanks again for the review!

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards

Check this out!

If you go to order on our site (exclusive for now) use code BPR30 for 30% off
CANDY CANE!!!