Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Well i'm not done with my cycle of Alpha Bulk/Mass yet but i'll keep updating this log through PCT and then start a new one

Today is a rest day/carb up day. Yesterday i ate probably less than 200 grams so today i'm going to replenish for tomorrows intense workout.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Got a few more PR's last workout and did trap bar deadlifts but as upright as possible and without going all the way to the floor to mimic a squat with more balance and weight. Legs are thrashed as hell, i did a huge drop set with 25lb plates on each side. I started at 305 and dropped to 255 then to 205 and 135. For the rest of the month i'm focusing on middle back with wide hammer grip pull ups/rows super setted with rear delt raises.

I'll have the workout posted up tomorrow.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.03%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

them trapbar deads hit the back different than regular deads. I like em im stronger on regular deads
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    them trapbar deads hit the back different than regular deads. I like em im stronger on regular deads
    I had to back off from them, i tried doing them with chains and my lower back gave me a hard time again. I think i am going to let it recover this week then come back with hyperextensions. I may need direct lower back work with light weight or something. Willing to try it anyways, i started ReBoot 2 days ago, i am around 244Lbs still. Getting leaner little by little, my diet consists 90% of the time chicken breast. Have been adding in more eggs for breakfast but more a keto style with no/little carbs, i'll add in breakfast sausage to get enough calories in as well. Energy is good and i still feel great.

12.18.12 5th Full-Body Workout
    Flat Cable Fly: 40 x 8, 60 x 8 Super set with Inc DB Press: 70 x 5,6 Finished with PushUps really slow: BW x Failure + Partials
    Neutral Wide Grip Row: 120 x 12,12 + Partials Super Set with Swiss Bar Row: 50 x 10,8
    Bent Over Laterals: 10lb Plate x 12,12,12 Super Set with Weighted Chin Ups: +10Lbs x 6,5,5 Finished with Face Pulls: 60 x 20
    DB Laterals: 15 x 20, 20 x 15,14 Super Set with Upright Row: 50 x 10, 70 x 8 + Partials
    Pre Exhaust Leg Extension: 90 x 12, 110 x 20 R/P Super Set with Hack Squat: 1 PPS x 20+ Reps super slow, 8 reps with outward pressure.
    Dip Partials: -52 x 10,5 + Pushdown Super set with Incline DB Extension: 15 x 16,8,6
    Alt DB Curl: 25 x 20, 30 x 7,7 Super Set with EZ Bar Preacher Curl: 20 x 10,8
    Rvs BB Curl: 40 x 12, 10 Super Set with Hammer Curls: 32.5 x 8, 25 x 8

For Bi's i tried leaving my hand/grip relaxed and it was an immediate difference in the feel of the exercise. I felt it solely in my bi's which i have struggled to connect with. FINALLY!

Felt really really good today.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

I should note that pre exhaust is an amazing technique, it's really helping me bring up my upper chest. I'm really noticing a lot more "explosive" power as well. On pull ups i seem to almost twitch up to the bar, and db press i have developed enough range of motion that the dbs can touch my chest without any discomfort. I am planning on switching back to normal training for certain exercises such as back. My aim will be to do 8 sets of 3 reps to build more muscle/strength since i am doing sufficient volume. Since arms are a weak point i am going to do chins, at least in front shots. I have never ever done 8 sets of 3 reps so i'm curious to see how my body reacts. I'll eliminate my other exercises so i can have sufficient recovery but as of now i am a huge fan of full body training. It allows you to focus on areas you want to bring up and do so in the quickest most efficient way possible. I am going to slowly lower my volume even further so i can find the absolute best way to get results from a full body routine.

Total volume for today was around 21 sets.

Other notes: Switching to smith machine close grip bench instead of dips
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

I'm having some more nagging lower back issues, it's more than likely from deadlifting too frequently. So as of now, no more spinal loading/bent over stuff till my back feels better. Then i plan to do hyperextensions to strengthen it up. I went back to close grip smith bench and it was the most insane feeling contraction i've had with my tri's, pushdowns were good but i was shocked how intense it was. I super setted them with incline db extensions and i'm not gonna change it. Incredible pump too! I almost want to say i like Reboot more than on cycle! WOrkout up later!
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Had some issues logging onto AM yesterday but i had an amazing day, i got to meet IFBB PRO STEVE KUCLO! He even complimented me saying i was a big dude. I non intentionally was able to train by him, He caught me off guard when i was doing leg extensions super set with hack squat and all the sudden i see this guy walking over who is huge as hell. I'm super motivated right now, i took a picture of me hitting a side chest too which blew a lot of people away non intentionally. I feel like i'm going to bring something special to the sport and i hope to only inspire/motivate others while i do it. A few days after i posted the picture my friends from high school were shocked and were signing up at my old work (Detroit Bodybuilding Co) telling my old co workers how i'm motivating them. That is probably the greatest feeling i have gotten since i have started!

Sitting at 240lbs right now, pretty lean too. Today was a cheat day considering the holiday but i satisfied all my cravings. I'm eating a really primal style diet like just chicken/eggs/turkey burger with maybe cheese almost like a Keto diet. My strength is still up considering the less calories.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Turn it up big dawg
    Advanced Muscle Science/ForeRunner Labs (East Coast Sales Manager)
    "The Strongest On The Market"
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Been having issues logging onto AM lately for some reason. Screen comes up all weird and i cannot log in but anyways i am down to 238Lbs and a little leaner. My strength is still up and increasing. Most of my lifts have increased slightly and this is in a super set fashion as well. My conditioning and cardio from doing intense super setting has really helped me out.

Some noteable lifts from last session:

Flat Cable Fly Super Set with decline Smith bench: 50 x 10 - 195 x 10 Slow reps pretty light.
    Weighted Chins: +25Lbs x 8 Rep
    Front Squats: 135 x 10 x 5 sets (30 seconds rest) then 135 x 8 x 3 Immediately after (30 seconds rest)
    Leg Ext SS with Hack Squat: 100 x 12 then 2 plates per side Hack squat x 20 reps
    Upright EZ Bar Rows: 110 x 15 (no shoulder pain)
    EZ Bar Preacher Curl: 70 x 5

My strength has been increasing pretty well. The preacher curls are making my bi's grow a lot better. I want to hit 235-255 on decline smith bench press after pre exhausting with cable flys.

I believe i have about 2 weeks left of PCT, normal libido and everything now. No negatives!
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Finally found a gym open today, went and trained legs at another powerhouse. It was too nice for me haha i felt like i was the only one "training"

Legs - focus on super sets and 30-45 seconds rest, next session i'm going to focus on heavy partial reps for quads.
    Front Squat: 95 x 10, 135 x 5, 185 x 3, 145 x 6, 135 x 5, 95 x 10,8,6
    Leg Ext SS with Hack Squat (weird machine) 120 x 12, 140 x 10, 160 x 10 - 2 Plates per side x 10 slow reps, 1 plate per side x 20 slow reps
    Seated Leg Curl: Whole Stack x 18 reps super set with lying leg curl 50 x 10 slow reps (lots of other sets as well.
    Hyper extensions with hips off pads: +25Lbs x 15 slow reps Drop set to BW
    Standing Calve raises: Huge extended set with 120lbs

Not sure on weight today since i was at a different gym. Slowly leaning out, it's probably gonna take another month or so but i feel on track. I'm thinking about replacing fats with carbs and lower my fat intake to see how it works out. When i initially started i lost a lot of fat with a low fat/medium carb/medium protein diet. so well see!
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

F*ckin KILLED Upper Body today!!

Flat Cable Fly Super set with Decline Smith Bench Press: 60 x 7,7,6. Decline Bench: 2Plates x 7 Reps, 2Plates 10Lbs x 8, 2Plates 20Lbs x 6 Reps
    Rope Pull Down: 100 x 8, 120 x 8, Drop set
    Wide Grip Rope Pull Down: 100 x 12 + Drop set
    1 Arm Lat Pull Down: 70 x 8 (Almost got a lat cramp)
    DB Laterals: 20 x 60+ Reps Rest Pause
    Incline DB Laterals: 10 x 10,8
    Machine Shrugs Super Set with Rope Face Pull/Upright Row: 3Plates x 20, 2Plates x 20. FPUR: 65 x 20, 75 x 14
    Rope Pushdown With Shorter Rope Super Set with 1 arm DB Extensions: 65 x 15, 85 x 12,12. 1ADBE: 20 x 12, 25 x 5
    EZ Bar P. Curl: 50 x 10 + 12 reps Rest Pause
    BB Curl: 45 x 10, 55 x 10 + 11 reps Rest Pause

Lots of PR's today, felt really strong with more carbs.

New Macronutrient/Cal Intake: 358 Protein, 200 Carbs, 85 Fats Approx. 3,000 Cals~

Bodyweight at 238-240Lbs. More Vascularity and more separation so far! Got a week or so left of PCT with ReBoot.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Todays leg session can be only summed up in 1 word: SHOCKING

Pretty much the entire session revolved around:

Safety Bar Squats: 115 x 5, 155 x 5, 175 x 5, 205 x 5, 225 x 5, 245 x 5, 255 x 5 + Drop set (WTF WAS I THINKING LOL)
    Hack Squats: 1PPS x 15, 2PPS x 15, 3PPS x 15, 4PPS x 15, 4PPS/25Lbs x 5 + Drop Set (Again...WTF Ouchouchouch)

Tried to do leg extensions/curls and i was getting cramps in my hams/glutes/quads, I think that this was probably the most intense leg session i've ever done. Foam Rolling and Stretching is helping my leg recovery and flexability a TON. Probably will do it the rest of my life!

Threw in some more carbs for today since i now have some NA-R-ALA for glucose control. I was surprised that i got to 255 x 5 on Yolk/Safety Bar squats, they are pretty damn hard considering you have to stay so upright. Had no back strain/unusual pain either, i think i have found my favorite squat.

Weight is 238Lbs but i am looking bigger and leaner without a doubt!
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Did Upper Body today, was super intense! Weight is down to 237 as well, my legs are dead still from last workout let's hope i'm good by monday! No negative sides to note at all
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Did Legs today, focused on lighter weights since my back is still fried. I think i will alternate heavy squats with a lighter/machine less back loading type session after to allow for maximum recovery and better results due to different loads as well as to hit the muscle with different stimulus. Doing this for upper body as well with 8-10 one workout and then 20+ the next. I haven't manipulated the reps so far since i started upper/lower split so this could be great for growth!

Safety Bar Squat: 155 x 5,5 205 x 6
    Hack Squat: 1 PPS x 60, 2PPS x 30
    Seated Leg Curl: 150 x 30
    Standing Calve Raise with Knee's Locked: 40 x 12,10 30 x 8,8 Super slow(calves were shaking like crazy)
    Super set with donkey raise and standing bw raise

My theory right now that is more than likely true is: I can bet that people with tight hamstrings probably have bad calves most of the time? Makes perfect sense to me because They absorb the tension you are trying to transfer to your calves. I barely used any weight today but kept my knees locked and did really slow reps. They BLEW UP! It takes a lot of focus to isolate them 100% for me. We'll have to see how things go in a week or so i should see a small change.

Almost done with ReBoot, stuff is amazing my libido has been insane/Strength increasing and i am making great progress!
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.03%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Did Legs today, focused on lighter weights since my back is still fried. I think i will alternate heavy squats with a lighter/machine less back loading type session after to allow for maximum recovery and better results due to different loads as well as to hit the muscle with different stimulus. Doing this for upper body as well with 8-10 one workout and then 20+ the next. I haven't manipulated the reps so far since i started upper/lower split so this could be great for growth!

Safety Bar Squat: 155 x 5,5 205 x 6
    Hack Squat: 1 PPS x 60, 2PPS x 30
    Seated Leg Curl: 150 x 30
    Standing Calve Raise with Knee's Locked: 40 x 12,10 30 x 8,8 Super slow(calves were shaking like crazy)
    Super set with donkey raise and standing bw raise

My theory right now that is more than likely true is: I can bet that people with tight hamstrings probably have bad calves most of the time? Makes perfect sense to me because They absorb the tension you are trying to transfer to your calves. I barely used any weight today but kept my knees locked and did really slow reps. They BLEW UP! It takes a lot of focus to isolate them 100% for me. We'll have to see how things go in a week or so i should see a small change.

Almost done with ReBoot, stuff is amazing my libido has been insane/Strength increasing and i am making great progress!
    so you think the weight from the standing calve raise is directed to the hamstrings if knees are bent too much?
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    so you think the weight from the standing calve raise is directed to the hamstrings if knees are bent too much?
    Yes but only if they have tight hamstrings/no flexability, I think people can get away with it if they have good flexability but a tight muscle will absorb all the tension instead of the one you are trying to target in my opinion.
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Todays leg session:
    Leg Press Squat Machine Plate loaded: 3PPS x 20, 4PPS x 20, 5PPS x 20, 6PPS x 15,7 *PR's*
    Single Leg Curl Emphasis Peak contraction: 40 x 12,10,8. 30 x 12,10
    Seated Leg Curl 205 x 20, 285 x 20 + Partials
    Standing bodyweight calve raises super slow: 12,10,10,8,6

Rest periods were under 1 minute to maximize blood flow, emphasis is on quads for now. Spent a ton of time doing really heavy Romanian Deads for hamstrings so i'm bringing my quads up to balance them out. Calves as well!
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.91%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Any progress pics?
    [/COLOR]I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Any progress pics?
    In a few days! I'm much leaner but still 238lbs, reboot is awesome

About to go train upper body
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.91%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post

In a few days! I'm much leaner but still 238lbs, reboot is awesome

About to go train upper body
    Yea reboot is awesome. I got some good strength gains with it.

Sounds good
    [/COLOR]I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Well today was upper body, got EXCELLENT mind/muscle connections with body parts and as a result i feel really achey and sore!

Chest has been smith machine half reps from bottom portion, i'm slowly working into it so my shoulders can improve flexability. Reps are really slow and controlled. Pretty much everything else was full range of motion with emphasis on stretch/squeeze which pretty much thrashed me. Rep range was around 12 today pretty slow so long time under tension. Weight is down to 235Lbs! (good thing) fat starting to come off.
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Well today was upper body, got EXCELLENT mind/muscle connections with body parts and as a result i feel really achey and sore!

Chest has been smith machine half reps from bottom portion, i'm slowly working into it so my shoulders can improve flexability. Reps are really slow and controlled. Pretty much everything else was full range of motion with emphasis on stretch/squeeze which pretty much thrashed me. Rep range was around 12 today pretty slow so long time under tension. Weight is down to 235Lbs! (good thing) fat starting to come off.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Trained upper body today and did 15+ Reps on everything, it was INSANE how pumped i got. I think i'm gonna stay in this range for a while since i haven't really done it in a long time. No PR's really but i did push my limits as far as i could! Tomorrow will be my last day of ReBoot, i'll have pic's up by thursday latest. Awesome stuff!
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.34%

Just posted after pic/final review, AM is giving me troubles as i cannot seem to separate my paragraphs. Bear with it for now guys sorry about that!

Similar Forum Threads

1. FORERUNNER LABS ALPHA MASS *SPONSORED*
    By princevince in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-20-2012, 08:52 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 06:55 PM
  3. ForeRunner Labs Alpha Mass/Alpha Bulk Flash Sale!
    By Trauma1 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 10:46 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 12:56 PM
  5. Alpha Mass + Alpha Bulk Cycle Questions
    By murman89 in forum Forerunner Labs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 12:32 PM