Sh!t is getting Volatile in here (sponsored)

uvawahoowa

Awards
First off I want to thank Bolanrox and Fahrenheit Nutrition for allowing me to test drive their preworkout Volatile. I've wanted to try this bad boy out for a little while now, good to get the opportunity. Sorry for the delay in starting the log, it's been a rough week. I've had 3 lifts with this and I'm loving the pumps. Even when I lifted hams/calves my forearms and bis were very vascular. Solid energy for a pre that is low stim, I was very surprised at that. The taste, which normally I could really give two ****s about tbh, was subtly amazing. Tasted kind of like liquid gummy bears, reminds me of something I had as a kid but I can't quite put my finger on it. That was refreshing. The only thing that is lacking is the focus, I have long lifts (1.25-1.5 hrs) and at about the 1 hr mark I start to lose that laser like focus, which is probably pretty good for the majority of people who have normal length workouts.

Nothing special about this week's lifts so far. Still getting over a lower back strain but things are healing nicely, am considering doing deads this weekend for the first time in about a month. Should be interesting

Back/Bis
Pullups BW+60x8,8,7,7 (last set 5 negatives=>BW 1.5 reps x 2=> BW full reps x 2)
T bar rows 185x5,5,5,5,5
V bar rows tempo (3010) 205x8,8,7
=> Wide NG Pullups 3,3,3
1 arm rows 130x9,9
8x8 Wide Pulldowns 175x8,8,7,6,6,6,5,4
BB curl 115x5,4,4,3
Incline db hammer curl 35sx8,8,7
=>reverse curl 65x6,6,6
FST7 preacher curl 50x8,8,8,8,8,8,8

uvawahoowa

Awards
Had a great workout today, much better extended focus and a great pace. Moved quickly from set to set and exercise to exercise, didn't really feel fatigued and worked up a great pump. Even the vein in my left shoulder was popping out, I know I'm having a great lift if that guy comes out to play.

Shoulders today, added a couple reps over 5 sets on my deadstop military, and cut my rest time between sets on db military while only dropping one rep (on the last set). I moved at a solid pace between sets and exercises, and added 10 minutes steep incline on the treadmill post workout. Going to add this after 4 of my 5 lifts and eliminate one day of cardio so I don't have to do any doubles.

Shoulders/Traps/Abs

DB Military 80sx8,8,8,6 (1.75 minute breaks; drop set after last set, rest/pause on 3rd drop set to 10 reps)
Deadstop Military BB 165x5,5,5,4,5+1
Hammer Strength Military Tempo Set (3010) 190x8,8,6 (1 minute break)
Lateral Raise 45sx10,10,10
=> Rope Face Pull 100x8,8,8
Cable Front Raise FST7 30sx10,10,10,9,9,9,8+2
Upright Row 135x8,7,7
8x8BB Shrug 405x8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8 (Hold at top for first 4 sets)
Hanging Knee raise w/ twist 12,12,10,10
Side Crunches 20x20,20,20,20
Stability Ball Crunches 15,15
=>DB Standing External Rotations 20x12,12,12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzIU8...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK2KT...e_gdata_player

For some reason my hip is killing me right now, good thing I had planned to push legs to Sunday...but HIIT cardio is planned for the morning. We'll see how that works out...

uvawahoowa

Awards
Oh, and I just bought Fahrenheit's zma product Recover so once I get that I'll add it into the log as well

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! Want to see how this stuff treats you. I just picked up a few tubs and I'm trying Endurance out too starting today. I'm glad Fahrenheit came on AM, stuff is legit!

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
In! Want to see how this stuff treats you. I just picked up a few tubs and I'm trying Endurance out too starting today. I'm glad Fahrenheit came on AM, stuff is legit!
Endurance looks pretty nice

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Endurance looks pretty nice
Loving it, I posted up a review on here a couple days ago.

Where'd uvawahooa run off to? we need some updates!

uvawahoowa

Awards
Sorry for the long delay! I had the oddest injury, Friday night I was foam rolling like I do every night and standing up I got this pain in my hip. Every step was agonizing pain right in the joint. All day Saturday I was walking like an 80 year old man, I was wishing I had a cane or something. So I had to skip my scheduled quad lift on Sunday, but the extra rest definitely felt great. And then like magic, Monday I wake up and I feel 90%...then after my lift 100%! It was so weird, but I'm just happy I feel better.

Hit chest/tris on monday & quads/hams yesterday w/ back/bis this morning. Speaking directly towards the product, my pumps on Monday were so-so (not sure why, it was pretty cold when I left for the gym at 5:30am, had to keep my sweatshirt on until I was done with my first exercise) but my strength was up from the previous lift. Even though I was doing legs yesterday I had a sick pump in my arms. First time doing deads since I tweaked my back, and it definitely showed in the numbers. I got 4 sets of 5 at 345, but when I hurt my back I just graduated to 405. Sucks, but such is life. Gotta build back up to the big numbers. Otherwise the lift was good, improving numbers on all of my leg lifts...lots of volume since I normally split up quads and hams. Today was back/bis and I dosed a little differently due to my schedule. I normally eat a big breakfast and have my pwo about 45 mins later since I like to have some food in my stomach when I start lifting. Today I had to wait 2 hours to dose the volatile, but it had such a vastly better effect. When I was hitting my fst sets for bis I literally did a double take looking in the mirror at how enormous my main bi vain was. Sick!

Legs
Deads 345x5,5,5,5
Leg Press 630x12; 650x12,10 (last set drop 450x15;360x15+5)
Back Squats 235x5,5,5,4,5
Front Squats 175x8,7,7
=> RDLs 225x8,8,8
Good Mornings 155x7,6
=>Horizontal Leg Press Tempo (3010) 295x12,10
Leg Extension Tempo 170x8,8,7,6
Seated Leg Curl Tempo 190x8,7,6,6

Back/Bis
Pullups 85x5,4,4,4,4 (5 negatives, bw 1.5 reps x2, bwx2)
Bent DB Rows neutral grip 65sx10,10; 70sx8,8 1.5 minute breaks
Rev grip cable rows 220x8,8,8
=>Rev grip tempo pullups bwx5,4,4
1 arm rows 140x6,5,5
8x8 Rev grip wide pulldowns 160x8,8,8,8,7,7,6,5
DB Curls 45sx9,8,8,8 (3 negatives)
Spider Hammer curls 50x5,4,5
=>Standing hammer curls 50x5,5,5
Flex curl 37.5x9,9,9,9,9,8,8+1

uvawahoowa

Awards
Sorry for the lack of posts, stuff has been crazy with work but I've been hard at work in the gym. Back is getting better, lifts in general have been solid. Tuesday was my last lift with volatile, and this morning was my first lift without & back to my own blend and wow the difference in pumps is very noticeable. Not that I was completely flat, but nothing near what i normally was when I was dosed volatile. I can tell if I'm really pumped if my shoulder vein comes out, definitely none of that today. Granted I was doing hams, but still with a good pump pre it normally doesn't matter.

Anyways, final review time:
Pump: 9; This was amazing as a pump product. Big, fat, juicy veins. I normally workout fairly soon after my biggest meal of the day, but the effects are even better when on an empty stomach.
Endurance: 8; Kept me going strong for my long 80-100 minute workouts. I rarely felt spent at the end of a long workout, often I would want to keep going.
Energy:7; Good energy, kind of a mellow energy. You can tell there aren't a whole lot of stims in here. Even though I dosed at 2 scoops it was a feeling of less than 1 scoop of most other good PWOs as far as stims go. Not that that's a bad thing, was actually beneficial for me as I was coming off a period with higher load of stims. Would be good for someone in that situation if they were concerned with stimulant use.
Taste: 9; Like I said before, really tastes like liquid gummi bears. Not that taste should influence the decision to purchase a product like this, but damn that **** tastes good!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
thanks for the review! If you could can you please post up a review on nutra? thanks man!!!!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for the review! If you could can you please post up a review on nutra? thanks man!!!!
B you doing alright now or is the noreaster chapping your a$$ now?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Honestly this one barely did anything in our area thankfully. Smashed everyone south (6 inches or so) and north (at least 8 inch drifts) though.

Next week is susposed to be warm at least? i can hope?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly this one barely did anything in our area thankfully. Smashed everyone south (6 inches or so) and north (at least 8 inch drifts) though.

Next week is susposed to be warm at least? i can hope?
let's hope. there's still a ton of people without homes, and homes without power.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
yeah its bad - really bad down in south jersey I can't even imagine.