NLA Performance Recover-D

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Big shout out to NLAFounder, he was kind enough to offer me a Tub of their upcoming Protein Powder to try it out and log my experience of it with you guys :). And I must say...I am impressed.

For most of you who know me, my take on Protein Powders is simple...It's a macro-nutrient and it is just meant to be fit in your kCaloric and Macro-nutrient allotment of the day, and the main importance for me is how flexible is it to fit it into the macros and also...how good is the taste :D!

Well now on with the review. Ingredient Panel:

Screen shot 2012-10-17 at 8.20.58 PM.png

So as we can see the main deal here is: 28g Prot / 4g carb (you low carbers will love it) / 7g Fats

I like it, the thing with me and protein powders is that I do not like them when they have too much carbs or fats, since I do enjoy my peanut butter and my cereal on the side :D! Yet this one mixes in just fine, and extra 4/7g of carb/fat makes no dent on my nutrition at all. Aside from that, I do believe Safflower and Sunflower oil can be beneficial anyway. Another highlight will be that it comes with 10g Glutiamine, and while most of us don't believe in it's "muscle protecting" effects...well I do believe in its GI support. When I am Bulking/Recomping I do not reduce the number of fats at all, neither their sources of sat fat like red meat...and well my mom is Mexican American and dad is 100% Spanish...so I eat a lot of Picant here and there ;)! Glutamine might prove beneficial for me in that aspect :D!

On to the important now...The taste:

-Mixability: 9/10 This for me is really good, it comes out REAL THICK and tasty, just a tiny bit of clumps but nothing to worry about. It does NOT stick to the bottom so it does not become an issue.

-Aroma: 10/10 Since I opened the tub I got the full smell of Cocoa+Coffee , it is enveloping! :food:

-Taste: 10/10 It has been a while since I have had such a nice surprise with tastes, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It has a rich Coffee taste to it, and leaves a delicious aftertaste of Cocoa after swallowed.

-Mixability in Cooking? To be tested tomorrow ;)!

A note on the taste: Ever remember how those nice first cups of hot Cocoa used to taste...you know when winter rolls in and grandma's get busy making bulking-foods like cakes and nice marshmallow-hot-cocoa? Well...it reminded me of that taste...I felt as though I was a child just rushing through the glass hoping it would never end.

Today's Recipe was:

-2 cups Fat Free Milk
-2 Rounded Scoops of Recover-D

It gets a 9/10 from me :food:

New company in town guys, and they seem to be up to something good here! Let's give em a chance to show us what they got!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
And from what I gather it will be available on November 22nd at their website store!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds tasty!. I love protein that mixes up thick!. The thin mixing stuff just isn't as satisfying and can't be a "shake" by any means!.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Sounds tasty!. I love protein that mixes up thick!. The thin mixing stuff just isn't as satisfying and can't be a "shake" by any means!.
That's exactly my point! I'm going into a Lab session atm, when I'm out I'll report the cooking experience with it (didn't disappoint!!)

NLAFounder

NLAFounder

Board Sponsor
Awards
T-Bone,
Don't worry I'm predicting by next tuesday you should have a tub of RECOVER-D dropped off by UPS.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Only thing is, I thought it was gonna be zero carbs. Four isn't bad, just thought it was gonna be zero. Took the following quote from a different thread.

RECOVER-D: the newest product from NLA Performance. RECOVER-D is our gluten free ultimate lean protein recovery drink. RECOVER-D has 28 g of whey protein, 10 g of glutamine, 5 g of BCAAs, and 0 g of carbohydrates.

From, this thread,

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nla-performance/215379-glad-am-justin.html

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I noticed a hint of cinnamon.

:)

NLAFounder

NLAFounder

Board Sponsor
Awards
Celorza,
How is everything going with RECOVER-D? Have you noticed an increase in muscular recovery time after workouts? Any lean muscle gains?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hey man. Sorry I hadn't updated, due to some stuff I had to take a little break from the forums. Not to mention I had also injured my wrist pretty bad and took some time off. What I did notice is that I kept lean body mass while on my rest.

Honestly, I do recommend Recover-D specially because of the amount of protein per serving, the sources for it and specially...due to the magnificent thick taste it has.

NLAFounder

NLAFounder

Board Sponsor
Awards
Merry Christmas to all AM members! The best present NLA Performance received today was the warm reception and overwhelming support from all AM members!

We have a special deal Christmas day deal going on for all AM members:
-You get a FREE SWOLL-N with your order today only.
-To claim your free SWOLL-N, leave a message with your order letting us know that you are from AM!
-Deal only available on our website: www.nlaperformance.com
-Remember we have a ongoing Holiday sale enter code 'XMAS20' for 20% off your order plus a free SWOLL-N if you place an order today.

Merry Christmas from NLA Performance!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Merry Christmas to all AM members! The best present NLA Performance received today was the warm reception and overwhelming support from all AM members!

We have a special deal Christmas day deal going on for all AM members:
-You get a FREE SWOLL-N with your order today only.
-To claim your free SWOLL-N, leave a message with your order letting us know that you are from AM!
-Deal only available on our website: www.nlaperformance.com
-Remember we have a ongoing Holiday sale enter code 'XMAS20' for 20% off your order plus a free SWOLL-N if you place an order today.

Merry Christmas from NLA Performance!
Damn nice deal!

-Purus Labs Rep
(Mobile Posting)