Blood Sweat and Guts Anabeta/Endosurge log

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Today is day 1. Well actually last night was day .5! Anyways, i will be running the recommended dose of anabeta and endosurge for 30 days min. If i feel like it is having a significant impact i will continue for another 30 day cycle and if not then it will be done in 30 days.

A little background on me (ill make it short and sweet):

Ive been "going to the gym" for about 4 years now. Made minimal overtraining progress for about 2 of those years. About 2 years ago i finally got on a steady routine with my old lifting partner and he put me under his wing as far as nutrition and rest goes. After about 10lbs i decided to start strength training and was doing GOMAD. I got up to a 335 squat, 405 deadlift and 205 bench @ 180lbs. I gained alot of fat but my strength was increasing. I took acutane just after reaching 180 and i nearly broke my body trying to lift heavy and take this terrible drug thats notorious for killing joints. In just a few short months i dropped all the way to 155 @ 6'1 and stayed there until about last may.

I got back on the horse and from may to September i bulked from 155 to 175 (i have pics on request) with almost no body fat gain from muscle memory YES IT DOES HAPPEN!

The last few weeks my life has flipped upside down. I broke up with my gf of 9 months (one of the reasons i stopped lifting), changed a lot of things about my lifestyle, and opened new doors to my life. One of which is the freedom to train on my time, and money for my diet, two things completely torn from me from my ex.

----------------------------------------------------

Now back to the training. If there was one thing ive learned from the 25pound weight loss, and back up from the bulk, it is how to diet and to train a muscle correctly. I will be presuing dorian yates type training while bulking as hard as possible to meet my goals.

Weight: 177
Goal weight in 4 weeks: 185
Goal weight in 8 weeks: 192
Goal by end of bulk: 200

Ive had a dream of weighing 200lbs since i was a kid. But never have i gotten close. This winter i will spend bulking as hard as possible in my hoodie :D not worrying about the fat gain. I am a skinny guy at heart (as you can tell from 6'1 150 from not lifting and eating fast food) and i need all the help i can get naturally.

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Tonight will be the first workout of Blood Sweat and Guts from Dorian Yates and i am pumped!

Just gonna swing by and grab a tub of whey from vitamin shoppe. Ill post the results of chest and bis here in a few hours.

Heres the workout

Shoulder warm up
youtube "diesel crew shoulder warm up"

Decline BB bench-
2 warm up sets 12 reps increasing weight
1 set of 6-8 reps to failure

Incline DB bench
1 warm up set of 12

DB flat flys (will alternate with incline flys)
1 warm up set of 12
1 set of 8-10 reps to failure

7 total working sets, keeping form in check. Leaving ego at the door, using the weight as a mode of fatiguing the chest.

Concentration Curls
1 warm up set of 12

Barbell Curls
2 sets of 10 just to finish them off

I want to try this workout out tonight for chest and really focus on using strictly the targeted muscle while using heavy weight and perfect form. Hopefully i can get this to work as it will be a nice shock from the high volume and no failure i have been doing lately.

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Just took
2 anabeta
2 endosurge
1 m-stak red pill
2 caps pure NO
with 1 scoop syntha 6 and 5g creatine. T-minus 20 minutes to workout. Just took some progress pics and will post them up in 30 days for comparison.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I'm over here

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
I'm over here
I'm glad you found your way! Time to train!

Omfg. Hands down. Swear on my moms life. Best chest and bicep pump I've ever gotten in my life! Anyone who dismisses this workout due to volume has no idea how amazing this workout is.

Decline bench
135 x 12, 155 x 12 1 min rest between both, 2 min rest before working set
185 I got 8 reps myself then 2 assisted. By the time I hit the 10th rep I had literally no strength. Complete failure! And first time with forced reps in probably a year.

Incline DB
60s x 12 1.5 min rest
70s x 7, then 2 assisted

Flat DB flys
35 s x 12, 45s x 10, 45s x 10
No spotter here but I got quality reps

Concentration curls
20 x 12, 35 x 10
40 x 3 then helped myself to 6
Didn't know how to approach this but the static hold at the top was no joke... Gonna try to go with 30s next week

Barbell curls
65 x 7 then forced to 10
Then rest paused for 3 more reps

Kinda hard to guess when you only get 1 set to go all out on and I definitely underestimated my strength.

There is something to be said about one all out set. It's ****ing awesome. Your not saving anything. Your at your strongest for your working set. You don't have to worry about the next set and everything is focused on the rep your doing. Once you hit failure your just ready to rack it but you can't. You bust out three more and you can't use that muscle no matter how hard you try. It hit failure and has the biggest rush of blood you've ever felt since all the blood rushes at one instant and not over the course of say 20 minutes.

Man this is going to be one amazing 30 day cycle!
Time to pound a protein shake, 2 caps Anabeta, m-stak (only 5 days left) and cook chicken breasts and pasta for tonight and tomorrow.

It's been 20 minutes and my arms and chest are still pumped.... definitely gonna go alot heavier next workout!

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Wow I'm feeling amazing right now! Officially day 2. Woke up this morning with a raging! Haven't had that in at least 3 months! Sense of well being an confidence is through the roof. Nothing is bothering me right now.

Diet for today:
1 last scoop of syntha 6, 1 scoop ON whey, 5g ON creatine mono, 100g oats
2 caps endosurge, 1 cap Anabeta, on the last of 4 m-stak packs

A fukk load of spaghetti with four cheese sauce
1.5 chicken breasts

Walnuts throughout the day and later tonight with my beef jerky

1 box tuna helper, 24oz tuna

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I'll sub in here to see what happens. Best of luck.

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
I'll sub in here to see what happens. Best of luck.
thanks bro, good to have you!

Chest is still sore, bis still tight. Last night was my long day, 12 hours of classes. and being at school with 1, 1 hour break. Hard to get macros in but school always comes first!

"1 last scoop of syntha 6, 1 scoop ON whey, 5g ON creatine mono, 100g oats
2 caps endosurge, 1 cap Anabeta, on the last of 4 m-stak packs

A fukk load of spaghetti with four cheese sauce
1.5 chicken breasts

Walnuts throughout the day and later tonight with my beef jerky"

too tired to cook when you get home at 10pm. had a bowl of cereal and went to bed.

had a protein shake this morning, gonna have company lunch today. then ill get home and have a small pre-workout meal before training legs

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Damn! I really dont know how im supposed to go past failure on leg extensions, leg press, hack squat and calves without a spotter... i think i made a bad choice on this workout without having a full time workout partner and spotter.... but after chest and bis im already addicted!!

i think ill go in and try this workout with a little variation... since i cant get assisted on the eccentric, my plan is to take the same route (about 6-10 reps) to failure, then ill rest for 15 seconds and preform the set again till failure again (with a little bit of "mechanical advantage" as yates puts it) and hold the static as long as possible.

heres the outline
hip, leg, glutes, and ab stretch/ warm up with dynamic stretching
Leg extensions:
15 warm up, 12 rep moderate, 10 to 12 failure, 15 second pause to failure again

Leg press:
12 moderate, 10-12 moderate, 1 set to failure 10-12 (with hands on knees) 15 second rest to failure again

Hack Squat:
12 moderate, 10-12 moderate, 1 set to failure 6-8, 15 second rest to failure again

5 minute rest

Leg curls
1 moderate to 12, 1 set to failure 8-10, 15 second rest to failure again

SLDL:
1 moderate to 12, 1 set 10-12

Hope this works out! Did calves on wednesday high intensity style and they are the most sore they have ever been... DOMS on calves ive never experienced once till today! Will hit them next leg day. Hope this works out!

Ohh and ill also be doing abs

Leg raises 1 warm up set, then 1 rest pause
rope crunches 1 warm up set, then 1 rest pause

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Damn I'm tired. Pushed through this workout but damn it was hard. Couldn't do abs like I planned. Was about to pass out when I got done.

Leg extensions:
#4, x 15, #8 x 12, #13 x 12

Leg press:
3 plates psx 12
4 plates ps x 7 then 4 assisted with hands

Hack squat:
1 plate ps x 12, 1.5 pps x 8 hit failure

Leg curls
#2 x 12, # 4 x 8 + 2 forced

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Feeling good! Had 10oz flant steak and a plate full of rice and been drinking alot of water! Gonna go get another workout in TODAY since i didnt go friday and im not gonna be able to go tomorrow.

Delts n Tris baby!! Leggo!

DB shoulder Press:
warm up x 12, moderate x 8, heavy x 6 only 1 or 2 to failure
-1min rest-
DB side laterals
moderate x 10, 8 to failure then half and quarter reps till failure
-1 min rest-
Cable Laterals
1 set x 8-10 with failure on negatives
-1 min rest-
Reverse Dumbbell fly, back parallel with going straight out not back
1 x 12 to failure with half and quarter reps, 1 x 6-8 to failure with half and quarter reps
-5 min rest -

Tris:

Straight bar press down, bringing it towards your legs "down and in"
1 warm up to 10, 1 set to failure x 12

Skull crushers, keep form, static keeps over eyes and not to "pull", go from eyes to top of head (not forehead)
1 set to 12 warm up, 1 failure at 8 forced to 10

Behind Head DB extensions
1 warm up to 10, 1 failure at 7 forced to 9

anabeta and endosurge will be put to the test. finally recovering from my sickness and ive lost some progress and dropped 5 lbs. standing at 175. lets see how quickly i can put it back on!

so far not much from the stack. still need to let it get in my system. im off to kill shoulders n tris!

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
DB shoulder press:
45s x 12, 55 x 8, 65 x 4 then 2 assisted

Lateral raises:
20s x 12, 30s x 6 then 3 swing up to top, 3 1/2 reps

Cable lateral raises
20 x 12, 30 x 10 then 2 swing up and hold + negative. Did this twice

Bent over DB flys
15s x 12, 20s x 7 then 4 half reps

tricep cable press down
40 x 12, 65 x 8 + 1 static hold and negative

Skull crushers
EZ + 25ps x 12, EZ + 30ps x 9 then 2 forced

Seated DB extensions
50 x 12, 65 x 8 then 2 assisted

20 mins LIT cardio

Damn I swear my tris felt fatigued as hell and yet I was able to get passed 8 before failure on both sets.

Either way I had a great pump (except DB shoulder press) and just gotta get back to 100%

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Have you taken any days off since getting under the weather?

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Have you taken any days off since getting under the weather?
yea i took monday and tuesday off then hit chest n bis wednesday then took thurs and fri off. today was first day back and ill take sunday off too. then hit back n traps and abs monday.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Got it. You'll still get a full week's worth of work in with enough rest to get well and recover. How are you eating on rest days?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good in here, glad I found this one!~

I have done some HIT training in my time. I do somewhere in between a HIT and normal volume routine pretty much as my bread and butter. Really ins ome ways you could consider my 1st working set as a mid weight warm up just to get muscle ready to fire then it is go time I go until failure and do 1 or two drop sets.

Anabeta and EndoSurge should be a sick combo!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excellent stack! Both are great products and I know you'll enjoy the pair. Good luck! I'll be following along.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Anabeta and Endosurge make for a nice one-two combo. Subbed.

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Got it. You'll still get a full week's worth of work in with enough rest to get well and recover. How are you eating on rest days?
i was eating at or just above maintenance but when i get sick i just loose soo much weight! i was back down to 176 on saturday. havent been eating alot last few days my appetite has been kinda gone!
Looking good in here, glad I found this one!~

I have done some HIT training in my time. I do somewhere in between a HIT and normal volume routine pretty much as my bread and butter. Really ins ome ways you could consider my 1st working set as a mid weight warm up just to get muscle ready to fire then it is go time I go until failure and do 1 or two drop sets.

Anabeta and EndoSurge should be a sick combo!
Excellent stack! Both are great products and I know you'll enjoy the pair. Good luck! I'll be following along.
Anabeta and Endosurge make for a nice one-two combo. Subbed.
thanks guys, im pretty sick right now and i just emailed my doctor about getting some different medicine to get rid of this cough (penicillin didnt work). just gonna stop taking the stack till i get better. no use in taking it if i cant train and all my calories are going towards getting better. only took it for like 5 days.... so hopefully when i get all rested up ill have one good run!

i will report tomorrow and hopefully i can get back on the horse next weekend. might go in and do a full body maintenance workout just like 4 light sets of some isolations just to keep everything up and not loose much. any thoughts?

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Rest up and get in your fluids. No point in going hard but I don't see the harm in a light workout. Personally, I'd refrain, but to each his own.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I think you are over estimating how much you will lose in one week. I would take the time off and rest and back healthy. In a week, you really shouldn't be losing much of anything except glycogen, food weight, and water weight.

Rest and eat. Feel better.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Biggest mistake people purposely make is try to make dramatic changes in a dramatically short period of time either weight gain or loss. This guy's guilty. I know you don't wanna hear it but, in the end, youre better off making progressive changes. You gotta learn to love the process and not be blinded by the overall goal. And that applies to anything.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just let it ride if you are that sick especially if it is in your chest then you need to rest. The weights will be there when you get back and they will be just as happy to see you.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Biggest mistake people purposely make is try to make dramatic changes in a dramatically short period of time either weight gain or loss. This guy's guilty. I know you don't wanna hear it but, in the end, youre better off making progressive changes. You gotta learn to love the process and not be blinded by the overall goal. And that applies to anything.
I have to say...very well said sir. This is perhaps some of the best advice that can be said and it applies to everyone who is dedicated to achieving their ideal physique or performance numbers. Even veterans like myself have to hear this from time to time as a reality check. So again...wise words OrganicShadow. :thumbsup:

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Rest up and get in your fluids. No point in going hard but I don't see the harm in a light workout. Personally, I'd refrain, but to each his own.
feeling better already actually. might hold out till wednesday if im feeling good to go by then ill start back up. just drinking water and OJ right now. cooking some tuna helper right now too. hopefully some good food will help with the recovery

RicFlair

Awards
Being process oriented vs results oriented and knowing the iron game is a lifetime haul will make anyone much happier and improve progress.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
feeling better already actually. might hold out till wednesday if im feeling good to go by then ill start back up. just drinking water and OJ right now. cooking some tuna helper right now too. hopefully some good food will help with the recovery
Wise choice. BTW...take the time to get right and then get back after it. However, when you get back at it don't go all out right away. Go 75-80% and work your way up through the week. :)

-Sean-

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am in a hurry for you to feel better first, a distant second is the resuming of the log. However notice it is still second. ;)

I agree on the goals. Every once in a while you have to press yourself, put yourself in a pressure cooker so to speak. Nothing like melting the metal down to forge a stronger material. However by and by the process is a long haul and rushing too much causes problems typically when trying to get lean it is muscle loss. When trying to get stronger or bigger too fast it is joint / tendon issues creeping up, or worse muscle tears...

When I am out for a bit I don't ever come back in full steam and I add one thing at a time. I get my training right and just clean up my eating a bit. As I get better about my training I find that more focus on diet comes with that on it's own. When I take a week or two off then I make sure I start back lower weight and take advantage of the deconditioning of my muscle by increasing the weight in smaller increments so I can create more opportunity for growth via more points of adaptation with each increase instead of going gung ho trying to get back to my previous working weight. Doing that only makes my ego swell taking the extra increments adding more adaptation points make my muscles swell. I will take that any day.

RicFlair

Awards
Sometimes taking a week off is good for progress. Gives your CNS a break and reinvigorates the passion for lifting. When I'm on a deload week all I think about is how once I get back to max effort days I'm gonna kill it. It takes years under the bar to build strength and Muskie it's not going to go away in one week.

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Im not trying to make dramatic changes. I dont think you realize how hard it is for me to gain weight. I literally have to forcefeed myself every meal, cook multiple times a day, and train my ass off. Im a three legged horse going for the triple crown.

I have loved every single minute in the gym since the day i stepped in it. Even when i wasnt making progress and didnt have the money or time to get a diet i still trained. The fact is im not looking for the "quick fix". I love training. And every day that i get better at the countless aspects of bodybuilding, the better i become. I am 6'1. My buddy is 5'9 and weighs as much as i do and he barely looks like he lifts. I have a mental level of advanced when it comes to training. However, i cant change my genetics or being sick. If already told you my background story and so you should know that i have alot of muscle memory to take advantage of. I already used it for 20lbs, but my back and legs are not anywhere NEAR what they used to be. Im going hard and eating hard to regain what i have lost.
Wise choice. BTW...take the time to get right and then get back after it. However, when you get back at it don't go all out right away. Go 75-80% and work your way up through the week. :)

-Sean-
Yea your right man! I dont think i can go with high intensity to failure while trying to recover. Im just going to hit all the muscle rep ranges with a simple 4 day split till im 100%. Ive been off for nearly a week. I cooked up some turkey bacon and will cook chicken breasts tonight.

Not gonna push myself crazy, just gonna get some sets in and sit in the sauna.
I am in a hurry for you to feel better first, a distant second is the resuming of the log. However notice it is still second. ;)

I agree on the goals. Every once in a while you have to press yourself, put yourself in a pressure cooker so to speak. Nothing like melting the metal down to forge a stronger material. However by and by the process is a long haul and rushing too much causes problems typically when trying to get lean it is muscle loss. When trying to get stronger or bigger too fast it is joint / tendon issues creeping up, or worse muscle tears...

When I am out for a bit I don't ever come back in full steam and I add one thing at a time. I get my training right and just clean up my eating a bit. As I get better about my training I find that more focus on diet comes with that on it's own. When I take a week or two off then I make sure I start back lower weight and take advantage of the deconditioning of my muscle by increasing the weight in smaller increments so I can create more opportunity for growth via more points of adaptation with each increase instead of going gung ho trying to get back to my previous working weight. Doing that only makes my ego swell taking the extra increments adding more adaptation points make my muscles swell. I will take that any day.
Were definitely on the same page! Great minds think alike! Its time for me to take a step back. I have been lackluster about keeping my diet clean and my cardio up so that will change. Also, like i have said in my other log, i am setting myself as a beginner and going to "re-build" my base. I think there are some bad habits that i have kinda tried to fix since getting back into it... however i KNOW my ego took over a few times.

Starting with bench, squat, deadlift, BB rows and shoulder press im gonna start at a weight that will allow me to get 100% form for all reps and all sets then slow add in the weight. Probably gonna keep the diet clean and say around 3000 calories. Im actually going to count calories for the first time. 40/40/20

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Heres what im thinking as a 4 day split to get me back going for about 4-6 weeks as i focus on my form, diet, conditioning and MMC.

Chest n Bis n abs:

Decline Bench-
3 sets of 8-10 reps
Incline Bench-
3 sets of 8-10 reps
Incline Flys-
2 sets of 12 reps
Flat DB flys-
2 sets of 12 reps
Chin-ups
2 sets
Barbell Curls-
3 sets of 10 reps
Incline Curls-
3 sets of 10 reps

Leg raises
2 sets rest pause to 12
rope crunches
2 sets of 12

Legs and Calves

Squat
3 sets of 8
Hack squat
2 sets of 10
leg press 2 sets of 10
SLDL
3 sets of 8
Leg extensions SS leg curls
2 sets of 12

Standing Calf raises
3 sets of 12
Seated Calf raises
3 sets of 12

Shoulders n tris n abs:

Standing BB press
2 sets of 8
DB press
2 sets of 10
Lateral Flys
3 sets of 12
Rear delt flys
3 sets of 12

CGBP
3 sets of 8
French press
3 sets of 10
Cable Press down
2 sets of 12

Leg raises
2 sets rest pause to 12
rope crunches
2 sets of 12

Back n traps
Pullups warm up
bent over BB rows
3 sets of 8
lat pull down
3 sets of 10
t-bar rows
2 sets of 8
seated rows
2 sets of 12
dorian yates machine
2 sets of 12

this will be good for now. ill focus on the lifts and hitting the muscle, then after a week or two ill upp the weight and get some lower rep sets in, then after that possibly the volume. but as for now i think this will be enough, yet not too much. However i KNOW ill want to do more once im in the gym.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like a nice chest and bis lift to me.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
What is your ultimate goal? Bulking up to 200lbs? And your workout template is the Blood Sweat and Guts template from Dorian?

also whenever I am injured or sick, I get reinvigorated to lift and make progress... In my down time I also do a ton of research to fill up the extra time.

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Looks like a nice chest and bis lift to me.
it was a good one!
What is your ultimate goal? Bulking up to 200lbs? And your workout template is the Blood Sweat and Guts template from Dorian?

also whenever I am injured or sick, I get reinvigorated to lift and make progress... In my down time I also do a ton of research to fill up the extra time.
Yea just want to get up to 200 then re-evaluate for a slow cut. Im gonna have to forgo the high intensity till i get back to 100%.

Yea ive been doing alot of that as well.

Chest n Bis:

Decline bench:
did 2 sets of 135 x 12 just nice and smooth light weight getting the chest warm and feeling it.
155 x 10, 155 x 10

Incline DB
50s x 12, 60s x 10, 60s x 10

DB flys
25s x 12, 3 sets

Incline DB flys
20s x 12 3 sets

Chinups
9, 5

Barbell curls
60 x 10, 3 sets

Incline Curls
15s x 12, 3 sets

bis were pumped and lovin it! chest wasnt that pumped but i think i hit it.

Screen shot 2012-10-24 at 8.14.22 PM.png

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
What program is that?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good re-entry workout.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
it was a good one!

Yea just want to get up to 200 then re-evaluate for a slow cut. Im gonna have to forgo the high intensity till i get back to 100%.

Yea ive been doing alot of that as well.

Chest n Bis:

Decline bench:
did 2 sets of 135 x 12 just nice and smooth light weight getting the chest warm and feeling it.
155 x 10, 155 x 10

Incline DB
50s x 12, 60s x 10, 60s x 10

DB flys
25s x 12, 3 sets

Incline DB flys
20s x 12 3 sets

Chinups
9, 5

Barbell curls
60 x 10, 3 sets

Incline Curls
15s x 12, 3 sets

bis were pumped and lovin it! chest wasnt that pumped but i think i hit it.

View attachment 68849
Perhaps a trick you could use to help get you back to the high intensity if you want is to go heavier weight wise and lower your rep range. Personally I hte high rep high intensity...it just doesn't do sh*t for me. I respond better to heavy weight. However, while I am not fond of high intensity high reps, I still add it in once and a while for the shock factor to my muscles and the only way to really get myself to being prepared for high intensity high reps is by going extra heavy and low reps. For example, my personal favorite training style is my 10x3 program. Nothing gives me better results or pumps for that matter. :)

-Sean-

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
He and I have discussed methods of pre-exhaustion for myofibrilar growth. There's no doubt big weight is the road to muscle building. That's not the case here, looks like he's just trying to get back into the swing of things from a few days of bad bugs. A 10-12 rep range will make some improvement but I suggest moving to a 6-8 range in a few weeks after the numbers start stabilizing then go for the big increases. Some motions can go to the 4-6 range for a single set or the whole damn thing.

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Perhaps a trick you could use to help get you back to the high intensity if you want is to go heavier weight wise and lower your rep range. Personally I hte high rep high intensity...it just doesn't do sh*t for me. I respond better to heavy weight. However, while I am not fond of high intensity high reps, I still add it in once and a while for the shock factor to my muscles and the only way to really get myself to being prepared for high intensity high reps is by going extra heavy and low reps. For example, my personal favorite training style is my 10x3 program. Nothing gives me better results or pumps for that matter. :)

-Sean-
Ive personally never responded to strictly heavy probably because my fast twitch muscle % is not favorable. 8-10 has always been my bread and butter but like yourself I will do solely heavy workouts from time to time.

What program is that?
It's called "y0lked gets back to basicz" program lol

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I was talking about the calculations but that was good. Lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
y0lked

y0lked

Awards
It's called my plate by live strong. I'm tired of this cough. I've done everything I can in the last week getting myself better and the cough is just persistent beyond what I can do. Ive done everything the nurse has asked and the cough still lives (about once every 5 mins but not severe) It's time to get back on track and move on with or without it.

2 red potatoes and 5 eggs, 3 yolks.
2 caps Anabeta 2 caps Endosurge

About to hit a leg and abs workout, 15 mins cardio and 30 mins steam room (for cough).

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Get that eucalyptus spray for the steam room! That stuff is MAGIC!

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Get that eucalyptus spray for the steam room! That stuff is MAGIC!
Ours has it built into the steam! But im definitely willing to try any remedies for cough relief. Gonna get some airborne to boost the immune system.

Go GIANTS!!!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
y0lked

y0lked

Awards
Saturdays leg workout:

still in recovery mode. couldnt do much after squats but atleast i stuck to squats and got them done.

Squat:
135 x 12, 185 x 10, 215 x 8, 215 x 8, 215 x 8

obviously the weight is light, but my chest and respiratory system just completely failed. I was soo tired after just 2 light sets of squats i coulndt continue.

Leg curls SS Leg extensions- didnt remember the weight just did 3 sets of 12 and increased the weight each time

sanding calf raises:
2 sets of 12

i was DONE! Obviously im still getting over the cough but man i didnt think id be set this far back. getting sick sucks! its expensive AND extremely detrimental! back to square 1 FML!

y0lked

y0lked

Awards
BB Press
95 x 8, 8, 8 felt light and was feeling it so i just keep going with it!

DB press:
45s x 12, 10

Lateral Flys
15s x 12, 12
20s x 10

Rear Delt machine
3 sets of 12 solid here.

Pre-fatigue Push downs
45 x 15, 60 x 12, 60 x 12, 60 x 12

French Press
EZ + 25 x 10, 8, 8

CGBP
95 x 12, 105 x 12, 115 x 8

Not a bad workout. Just trying to jump start the body again. Weight is back to 170 and im grilling up major chicken and turkey bacon tonight while doing the physics homework.

The current plan is to re-do the leg workout wednesday morning before work. Then back n traps friday night. We shall see how that pans out

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
BB Press
95 x 8, 8, 8 felt light and was feeling it so i just keep going with it!

DB press:
45s x 12, 10

Lateral Flys
15s x 12, 12
20s x 10

Rear Delt machine
3 sets of 12 solid here.

Pre-fatigue Push downs
45 x 15, 60 x 12, 60 x 12, 60 x 12

French Press
EZ + 25 x 10, 8, 8

CGBP
95 x 12, 105 x 12, 115 x 8

Not a bad workout. Just trying to jump start the body again. Weight is back to 170 and im grilling up major chicken and turkey bacon tonight while doing the physics homework.

The current plan is to re-do the leg workout wednesday morning before work. Then back n traps friday night. We shall see how that pans out
Solid workout. Additionally, physics homework = lame. LOL. :D. I remember doing physics. I am one of those odd people that understand physics and can apply the laws, but trying to show my work or explain it is rather difficult. :shrug:.

-Sean-